• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 1,832 Views, 30 Comments

My Little Kitty - ChingKittyCat



Twilight Sparkle gets adopted one day, and she moves to a new place of residence.

  • ...
3
 30
 1,832

2 (A Nightmarish Ordeal)

"Seize her!"
The mayor shouted to the barrage of guards who had waited for Nightmare Moon to finish her monologue, instead of attacking her when she was talking.

"She obviously knows where the president is!"
The mayor pointed her paw at the fiend known as Nightmare Moon, as the army trained cats launched themselves blindly at her. A pretty dumb idea, in all honesty.

"Stand back, you kits!"
She warned, her eyes glowing at a rapidly increasingly luminosity. She was able to whack all of the guards out of the air with the back of her paw.

Guards slammed into the walls and floor, their armor scattering as they became dazed.

Nightmare's smoke seemed to absorb the large black feline, as the smoke itself wormed its way through the door, and out into the night.

"How is she able to do that?"
Applejack wondered, mouth agape as Rainbow was freed from Applejack's restraint. As quick as a bolt of electricity, Rainbow was out the door, and watching that blue smoke fly off.

"Night.. Forever?"
Rainbow Dash stared at the sickly looking yellow moon, that was probably a Halloween cliché. While she was busy staring upwards, Twilight was busy running off. Rainbow raised her eyebrow at this.

"Where is Twilight going..?"
Rainbow Dash wondered out loud, as she hopped onto a nearby building, in order to follow Twilight back to her own home.

"Books, Books.. I need some books.."
Twilight muttered as she shoved a bunch of books off a nearby shelf. Down onto the floor of the living room, books flipped open to random pages when they landed. They were mostly just cookbooks, and nothing about the stuff Twilight needed to know. Or the stuff she wanted to know.

"Elements, elements.. Elements.."
Twilight paced about, jumping onto the floor. She glanced over the pages, quickly. She had heard tales of the Elements of Harmony. They were magical things that infused into the mark of one's being. Allowing the cat who is a part of the elements to have super-hero like abilities.

There was nothing inside of these books. Nothing. Twilight had only her mind to go off of.

"Oooh! Where are the elements!? Its not like some ancient relic that's been used for years can just disappear! I'll just use the glossary for every single one of the books. Elements of Harmony.."
Twilight talked to herself, as she flipped through the massive amounts of books around her. She was stopped by Rainbow Dash tackling her to the ground.

"And what are these 'Elements of Harmony'?! Also, how did you know about Nightmare Moon?! Are you a spy?!"
Rainbow hissed as Applejack pulled Rainbow back by her tail, allowing Twilight her personal space once more. Rainbow looked like she was about to beat Applejack up for that.

"Calm down, Rainbow. I'm pretty sure she ain't no spy, but it seems like she knows what's goin on.
Applejack stated as the rest of Twilight's acquaintances appeared around her. Twilight took this time to get up off the floor, as the multi-colored cats surrounded her.

"Don'tcha, Twilight?"
Applejack questioned as the five pastel colored cats looked at Twilight. Their eyes full of curiosity, while their faces showed concern. Curiosity was a dangerous thing, especially for cats.

"I remembered the legend of Nightmare Moon, and some.. things known as the Elements of Harmony are the only things that can put her back where she belongs."
Twilight stated, shaking her head. She still had no idea where to find these elements, or where they were. Chances are that they weren't in this town. They could be anywhere in the world. Heck, they could be at the bottom of the ocean, for all she knew.

"I don't know where they are, or how to find them. Much less how to activate them, and stop Nightmare Moon.."
Twilight shook her head. Perhaps they were all doomed to eternal night? Not on her watch. If there was the smallest chance of the elements of harmony were in this town, then she would take it.

"Hey, does this help?"
Pinkie Pie pulled out a large red book, from heaven knows where. Probably from her tail, who knew. That was Twilight's best guess, honestly. Twilight was quick to rip it from Pinkie's paws, and throw it onto the floor. Her feline companions crowded around her as she flipped through the pages. She stopped at page ninety-two.

"There are six elements of harmony, but only five are recorded. Kindness, Laughter, Honesty, Generosity, and Loyalty."
Twilight explained. Apparently, she was the only cat here that could read, because the other five were not understanding the written word on the page.

"The last element is a completely unknown mystery, as not even the oldest ponies can remember what it is called. It is rumored, that the elements of harmony rest within the deepest parts of an ancient forest, once ruled over by the gods themselves."
Twilight's ears picked up the whisking of the wind outside. Maybe she should shut the window. Nevermind. That would be a very bad idea, and she wouldn't be doing that anytime soon, actually.

"The forest is thought to be called-."

"Tiny Woods!?"
Five out of the six cats mewed in fear, as they approached a large, extremely overgrown forest. Trees higher than houses, made of the thickest wood. Not even woodpeckers could pierce the shells that these willows grew. Since it was night time, it was going to be even harder to see in here.

"I can see it definitely lives up to its name."
Twilight sarcastically muttered, as the five cats (save for Twilight) shuddered in fear at the very entrance of this place. The entrance being a large, man-made oval gate, that vines had grown on. The gate was conveniently unlocked, so they could just push the gates open to get into the forest.

"Let's go!"
Pinkie happily started to walk towards the gates of the forest (because the forest is so densely packed there is no other way in), but she was stopped in her tracks by Twilight interrupting.

"Thank you for the offer, but I think I'd rather do this.. On my own."
Twilight stated, as Pinkie turned back to look at her. A rather sad look on her face.

"No can do sugar. We ain't lettin you go in that spooky ol' place without some help from yer friends."
Applejack objected, with a nod. Twilight cringed. Friends? She had friends? Where? Who?

"Twilight, I know you're new here, but Tiny Woods is a place you do NOT want to go in alone. The last that cat went in there by themselves was never seen again. So we'll be coming with you, no matter what."
Rainbow Dash agreed as Twilight made a barely audible 'ugh'. Twilight followed after the now somehow extremely brave group of cats, who were busy pushing open the overgrown castle-like gate. Which was decently heavy, which wasn't very surprising. It was human sized, after all. Once it was open enough, they all entered. Twilight loitered in the back, sighing once more before she had moved to the front of the group.

When the group was about five minutes into the place, Twilight started getting the chills. The canopy barely let any light in, despite the moon being a gigantic beacon of light, that was glowing especially large tonight. You could be walking right off a cliff, and not even know it.

"So, uh.. None of you have been in here before?"
Twilight asked. She thought that cats would be running around this place at a constant rate. Mainly because it was the only forest around this place. The only one that she had seen, anyways.

"N-no.. It's really.. Scary.. Most c-cats d-don't come out."
Fluttershy sheepishly squeaked out. Twilight's ears folded back, as the forest's canopy covered up more of the sky as they moved further and further into the forest. Making it even harder to see.

"You know why?"
Rainbow asked, a devilish sneer crossing her face, as she found this to be a good idea.

"Because this forest has a mind of its own, and it can control any tree, and gobble up any cat that enters it! MOOHAHAHA!"
Rainbow cackled, as there was an obvious squeak of despair from Fluttershy. Twilight could feel her footing suddenly cut off, as her front half started to plummet. Apparently, everycat else also felt this sensation, because there were a bunch of screams from five of the six cats.

"Pull me up! Pull me up! Pull me up!"
Twilight frantically requested, flailing her front paws in the suspended air. Her request was mixed in by the requests of the other four cats who had fallen downwards, as they were all looking straight down to what seemed to be a crevice.

"Y'all need to listen to me. It's a two-foot drop."
Applejack nearly facepawed herself, because everycat else was busy screaming their brains out. She was already at the bottom of the supposed crevice, which was more like a really steep ditch.

"AHHHHHH-oh."
Twilight, embarrassed, dropped down into the ditch. The other four cats dropped down into the ditch as well. With an awkward apology from the others, they continued on their way. They got out of the ditch before moving on, though. They had about two minutes of complete and awkward silence, before Rainbow decided to break it.

"I was totally not screaming, by the way."
Rainbow Dash laughed, and she would be scratching the back of her head, if she was able to. Twilight rolled her eyes, as the nearby echo of a roar put her on the edge. Twilight felt extremely uneasy after that roar had shook then entire forest. It sounded like a combination of two cats, smashed together to make a deadly combo.

"W-what was that?"
Twilight asked, looking back at the other cats who were following her. No one else knew. The light was dwindling faster and faster. Cats couldn't see in pure blackness. By now, there was only the slightest bit of light to aid their sight. They were delving deeper into the place.

"I-I don't know.. But don't let it get near me, w-whatever it is.."
Rarity requested. Twilight could tell Rarity was a clean freak, by how white and constantly groomed she was. Twilight had no problem with getting her paws dirty. Rarity? Not so much.

The group stopped in its tracks when there was the sound of trees cracking, off to the left. They were paralyzed by terror as two large, yellow eyes appeared from the shadows. Rarity's first instinct was to scream. She was right to do so, as whatever had made that roar, jumped out of its shadowy camouflage.

"IT'S A LIGER!"
Twilight yelled as a combination of both lion and tiger roared in front of the cats. Angered, it swatted at them with it's humongous claws. Twilight recollected herself as she ducked underneath the Liger's swinging paws.

"We've got to get past him!"
Twilight declared as Rarity suddenly jumped into action. She jumped onto the Liger's face, and attempted to claw the everliving life out of it, but was stopped when the Liger slurped her tail up like a noodle, and spat her back at the rest of the group like a bullet. Making the majority of the group incapable of doing anything.

"Wait.."
A small voice attempted to stop the fighting.

Applejack pounced onto the Liger's head, which was a very bad idea as well. She was backhanded off, and thrown into one of the trees. Rainbow shoved Rarity off, and noticed how Applejack was busy seeing stars.

"All yours."
Applejack saluted Rainbow, before putting her head up against the tree to rest.

"Wait."

"I'm on it."
Rainbow confirmed as she started to run around the overgrown house cat at extremely quick speeds. The Liger span around in hopes to keep up with the faster than average cat, but eventually found that futile. The Liger found a simpler solution. They stuck their large tail out, tripping Rainbow. She slammed into a nearby tree as well.

"Rainbow!"
Twilight called out to the cyan cat, who seemed to be knocked out for a moment. Twilight turned her attention back to the threat at hand. Her fur puffed up, making her look even more intimidating, in nature's books. Twilight was about to go haywire on this thing. She wasn't going to hold back.

She took the rest of the still capable cats, and started to charge-

"I SAID WAIT!"
A loud voice interrupted. That loud voice had a body. It was.. Fluttershy. She stopped the charge in it's tracks. She turned to the Liger, in a calm demeanor. The Liger snarled at Fluttershy, about to swat her with its paw before she sniffed the Liger's face. She closed her eyes while she did this.

The Liger craned its neck, as a wound of indescribable disgustingness could be seen.

"Oh, you poor baby.. Here, I'll help you."
Fluttershy parted the mane around the red wound, and started to poke around inside of that mess.

"This will only hurt for a moment.."
Fluttershy pulled out a large metal ball, covered in red liquids. The Liger roared in pain, as Twilight was about to yell out for Fluttershy to get out of there. The Liger groomed Fluttershy, out of appreciation, she only giggled as she dropped the mysterious metal ball. Which seemed to roll off into the bushes as soon as it was dropped onto the ground.

The Liger purred as it cuddled with Fluttershy. Fluttershy whispered sweetness into one of it's ears, as the rest of the cats started to move on. Pinkie carried Rainbow Dash, while Applejack regained the balance on her paws. She walked like a drunkard. It was a little funny. Fluttershy said her goodbyes to the Liger, as it bounced back off into the shadows.

"How did you know about the injury?"
Twilight asked Fluttershy, as soon as she was close enough.

"I didn't. Sometimes, we just need to show a little more kindness."
Fluttershy replied as she returned to the rest of the group. Twilight smiled at this, before following after Fluttershy, and the rest of her acquaintances.

It had been another minute of travel, and the forest was now pitch black. They had traveled this way for a little while, before stopping when Twilight voiced her opinion about not even knowing which direction they were going.

"We could be at the Elements right now, and we wouldn't even know it!"
Twilight pointed out to the pitch blackness around her. The group went into a full debate on whether to turn back or to keep going. The wind blew softly, as the canopy gave a quick flash of moonlight onto the group. That quick flash of moonlight shone onto the trees, and they did something most peculiar. They glowed, a soft red.

"Has anyone seen Pinki- AHHH!"
Fluttershy screamed, looking at one of the trees as she nearly fainted at the sight of the trees. The trees had morphed into monsters, each having razor sharp blades as fangs. The entire group ending up screaming, running around. These trees had scared the logic out of them as something interrupted their panic.

Laughter.

"Pinkie?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"
Twilight, still startled, stared at the pink fluff ball known as Pinkie Pie. She was busy climbing INSIDE OF THE MOUTH OF ONE OF THE TREES.

"Oh girls, don't you see? When I was a little kitty and-."
"Pinkie, we're on a tight schedule. We don't really have time for a song."
Rainbow interrupted the musical number Pinkie was about to break out into. Pinkie wore a grimace, as she pulled out a television remote. She pressed a button that re-winds time, and she started again.

"When I was a little kitty and-."
Pinkie decided since they were on a tight schedule, that she would just fast-forward through this part. Nevertheless, it ended up with the trees reverting back to their regular forms, and a couple splinters getting stuck in paws. Basically, what she had predicted would happen.

The group fell over laughing, tears nearly coming out of their eyes. When they had recollected themselves, Pinkie threw the remote back into her storage dimension known as fluff. The remote was absorbed into the fluff's being. The fluff hungered for more sacrifices, but Pinkie silenced it.

The next roadblock wasn't very far away. They had nearly fallen into it because they were still reminiscing on the fun times they had with laughing in the face of fear itself. That was something that would have major repercussions in the future.

"How are we going to cross this?!"
Pinkie Pie questioned, looking down at the grand chasm that was directly in front of them. It led down to pitch darkness. Luckily enough, the trees were not big enough to cover up the chasm with their canopies, and the light of the moon shone brightly on the chasm.

From within the chasm, there was the sound of a very soft, and surprisingly disturbing crying. It even creeped Pinkie out, who was trying to giggle at it. It did not work. Twilight took a quick peak over the edge of the crevice, to see a large bird sitting on a nest. A nest that was precariously balanced on a natural rock platform that hung off the side of the canyon.

"Excuse me, why are you crying?"
Twilight yelled down into the canyon. Still trying to be as polite as possible. The bird took to the air, flying up from its nest. Twilight made sure to pull her head back from the bird's path as it traveled upwards towards them.

When it had landed, it sure made a show of itself. Twilight wasn't too educated on birds, but Fluttershy was.

"Hello there, Miss Condor."
Fluttershy greeted the Condor, as the Condor waved with its ten foot long wing. It then folded that wing, before turning its attention back to the one who was questioning what was wrong.

"I'm crying because my husband is going to be coming home soon, and I haven't finished repairing the nest for him. I haven't been able to find the materials to patch up the children's room carpet."
The Condor explained. Twilight thought birds couldn't talk. Turns out bigger birds could talk, it seemed. Who knew? Fluttershy did.

"My children are off at a pageant, and they're coming home in an hour."
That one sentence seemed to activate something in Rarity's mind. For Twilight, it did absolutely nothing.

"Without building materials for their carpet, they simply won't be able to get a good night's sleep, and be able to model off one of my new lines to the judges next week.."
The Condor continued, as Rarity's eye twitched. She simply could not let have fashion be prevented from being shown off. That is something that simply would not do.

Rarity brought out her claws and raised her paw high up into the air. Before anycat could register what was going on, Rarity cut off a whole chunk of her pure white, fluffy fur. The Condor gasped at Rarity's generosity, and nearly fainted at the sight of that beautiful fur being torn off by its own owner.

"Rarity, your beautiful fur.."
Twilight looked at the bald spot on Rarity's side.
"My fur grows back extra quick, darling. No need to worry. I simply cannot allow fashion to stop spreading. Go ahead and take my fur for your carpet materials."
Rarity declared as the Condor glanced down at the fur, and back at Rarity. She grabbed the fur with one of her talons.

"Thank you so much, you have no idea how grateful I am. I'll do anything to repay you! What do you need?"
The Condor questioned as Rarity looked at her friends. That answer was decently clear.

"Could you help us across the canyon? None of us exactly have such beautiful wings like you do."
Rarity requested as the Condor took a quick second to put the white fur into the nest. That carpet was to be built after this one simple task. The Condor grabbed two of the six cats with her talons, as she flapped across the canyon a good three times, making sure they all got across safely.

"Good luck with your pageant!"
Rarity yelled across the canyon, as the Condor gave another wave to the now departing group of friends. Thus, they continued their walk through Tiny Woods, which was more than defiantly living up to its name.

"I think we're almost there, girls."
Twilight commented, looking up above. It had been another five minutes. What Nightmare was doing within all this free time, Twilight had no idea. She was probably busy preparing for Twilight's arrival, setting up traps. Who knows what Nightmare was doing at this very moment.

"How can you tell?"
Rainbow questioned, looking around at the visually changing woods. The trees seemed to be a different sort of plant entirely. Trees became two large spires wrapped around each other, with leaves on top. They weren't natural, to say the least. They weren't natural anymore, anyways. They seemed to have roots because those roots were showing.

"Oh, just something in my gut."
Twilight looked on, as the densely packed forest soon became more organized. A path of perfectly aligned trees lead on to what seemed to be a cave, covered with vines of all sorts. The vines were very thick, and there was a multitude of them. It was just a couple paw steps away. A couple meant a lot.

"Hey.. Rainbow.. Dash.."
A familiar whisper on the wind caught Rainbow's attention. Rainbow didn't know who it was, but she felt extreme envy when she heard that voice. It's like she was jealous of the voice. Rainbow looked left and right.

"Pinkie, do you hear that?"
Rainbow asked the pink cat to her right. Maybe she was just going insane.

"You must be crazy Dashie, because all I can hear is you talking! Do you have a fly in your ear that's talking to you? Is his name Daniel?"
Pinkie questioned, like she was requesting that Rainbow had a fly in her ear.

"I have a flea named Percy."
Fluttershy added as Percy showed up on Fluttershy's ear.

"Eyyy."
Percy greeted, with a wave of his insect appendage. With that, Percy was back into Fluttershy's fur. Disappearing for a possible eternity, or until he became relevant to the situation at hand again.

"Rainboooww..."
The voice called out again, as Rainbow sighed. She would have to make up an excuse to scoot away from the group, to see who in the name of Bastet was calling her name.

"I'll be right back. I gotta uh.. Use the bathroom."
Rainbow thought this would be a decently clever explanation to go explore whoever was talking to her. Twilight pointed her tail off to the left. So, Rainbow quickly scampered over to the left side of the path, behind a couple trees.

"Raaainbow..."
The voice continued to taunt Rainbow, as she scampered off to wherever the voice's source was coming from. That was probably not the smartest idea in the world, but Rainbow did not exactly care at the moment. She just wanted that voice to shut up, and go away.
After a good thirty seconds of walking, and jumping from tree to tree, Rainbow eventually found the source. A single cat, whom she recognized instantly.

"S-spitfire.. Ohmygosh Ohmygosh Ohmygosh!"
Rainbow sprinted over to her idol. The fire colored Abyssinian looked upon Rainbow with a smile. She was even more awesome in person! Spitfire was the leader of the Wonderbolts, and the cat who trained Wonderbolt trainees. The Wonderbolts? They were an elite racing team, who traveled all over the country, and beyond. For free, naturally.

"I am your biggest fan! Ohmygosh I can't believe this is happening!"
Rainbow purred as she jumped up and down. Spitfire watched with a gentle, accepting gaze, as she placed a paw on Rainbow's muzzle.

"I know. That's why I'm letting you join us."
Spitfire stated. Rainbow swore she was going to explode with joy, right then and there. Which, in fact, she did. She jumped on trees, yelling out her joy as she flipped in mid-air, and did many a trick.

"All you have to do, is leave them, and follow me."
Spitfire bargained. This stopped Rainbow's joy. She could see her friends. They were already at the vines. They were clawing away at the thick, durable plant life. Plant life apparently was unable to be cut by how durable it was being.

"Oh.. Um.. Sorry to burst your bubble, best pony in the whole world, but I can't abandon my friends. Maybe I could just go through the training program and-."
"It's either them or me."
Spitfire interrupted. Oh man.. What should she do? She went with the first thing that came into her mind, naturally.

"I still can't do that. You're awesome and all, but I can't leave my friends hanging like this."
With that, Rainbow dashed off to go help her friends out with the vines. When she had looked back at her missed opportunity, that opportunity was completely gone. Spitfire had vanished, completely. Rainbow sighed.

Twilight had been watching on with what Rainbow had been doing, in silence. She had hid herself behind a tree to eavesdrop. Twilight knew something was up, by the way Rainbow had talked. Twilight wasn't that dumb.
Nevertheless, she was surprised. So, without further delay, she joined the group with Rainbow, and started to slash away at the vines.

"These things are as hard as steel. How are we going to get past them?"
Rarity asked as Applejack shrugged.

"Oh! Oh! Give it Applejack's hat!"
Pinkie suggested as Applejack shot Pinkie a soul-piercing stare. No one touches the hat. No cat touches the hat. Not unless you wanted to get beat up, nothing was to touch her hat. NOTHING WAS TO TOUCH THE HAT.

"I don't think that'll do much.."
Twilight rejected Pinkie's suggestion. How ever so lucky of them. Applejack would've kicked their donkeys into the next dimension if they touched her hat.

"Let's just claw our way through. Slash at it, all at once."
Rainbow suggested a much better suggestion. Twilight figured this had a chance of working much better than Pinkie's plan. No offense to her.

"All right, on my count, we all slash at the vines. Horizontally, from right to left."
Twilight stated, as they got into a positioning where this plan could be fulfilled. Which, in reality, was actually just a line of six pastel cats.

"Three.. Two.. One.. Go!"
Twilight started clawing at the vines, along with her companions. They clawed ruthlessly, going from right to left, in an attempt to rid the cave of the vines. This had gone on for a good two minutes before they got exhausted.

"I know this place. I grew up 'ere. Let me open up the door for ya."
Percy, who suddenly jumped out of Fluttershy's fur, was small enough to fit through the vines. He was just a tiny little flea, after all. Looks like he was important for this quest after all. How not-useless of him!

After Percy had vanished underneath the vines, it took five seconds before the vines cracked straight through the middle. Sliding open, as if they were made of stone, and were decorated in hyper-realistic paint.

"Aight babes, get your tushes movin."
Percy commanded as he jumped back into Fluttershy's fur.

With that, they were inside the cave. The vine-door closed behind them with a clack of the two ancient stone doors meeting each other once more. Turns out, the vines were made of stone. They were painted with hyper-realistic paint after all. How Percy had opened the door, was still a mystery. A mystery they would never bother to solve.

The inside of the cave was lit up by wall torches that were still somehow burning. They burned very dimly, however. There wasn't a lot of oxygen in this cave because of that door. It was still more than enough light, to see the gigantic opening up ahead.

Without wasting any time, they ran to said opening. What they were greeted with, was an old, crumbling ruin. Something reminiscent of a temple. It was a very, very big temple, at one point. Filled with a hundred different rooms. Of course, there was only but five rooms left of this temple. The other ninety-five had crumbled onto the moss-covered ground.

"We're here."
Twilight declared, looking down at the ruin, which had a long staircase leading down to it from where she currently stood. She started to jog down the stairs. She was still a bit tired of all that slashing at stone vines.
"We've got to find the elements!"

"Twilight, we've been here for hours. Maybe the Elements are in another castle?"
Rainbow returned from searching what could be called a praying room, or shrine, to put it simply. Twilight was busy searching the main room, one of the better looking rooms. The main room had a large statue of some cat in the middle that Twilight was currently climbing about on. Trying to find a button.

"Rainbow, we've been here for five minutes."
Twilight reminded. Rainbow wasn't a very patient kitten, was she? That, Twilight would learn the very hard way.

"But there's nothing here!"
Rainbow shouted, just to get her point across. Just at that moment, the others were starting to come out of the rooms that they had been tasked to explore. Pinkie came out with multiple vases on her limbs, and Rarity came out of her room with some old banners on her back.

"There's plenty of antiques. Which I think I will be coming back for."
Rarity looked at the nice looking banners on her back. Applejack eyed the banners that Rarity carried.

"I also found this nifty lookin' trinket."
Applejack spat out a small red gem that was inside her mouth. That was more than just a nifty looking trinket, that was probably a thousand-year old gem! Who knows how long it has been here for?

"Applejack, could I borrow your gem for a second?"
Twilight requested as Applejack handed over the gem onto the statue's platform. Twilight plucked the gem with her mouth, as she climbed to the top of the statue. Right onto the top of the statue cat's head. She looked into the face of the statue and had a realization. The statue was missing an eye.

Twilight spat the gem onto her paw and forced it into the statue's eye socket.

The ground rumbled as the statue's platform slowly slid open a small door that was embedded in its stone. How cool. Before walking down the staircase that was hidden behind the door, Rarity shed the banners, and Pinkie shed her vase armor.

After a good couple minutes of time wasted walking down a spiral staircase, they reached the bottom. Slowly pushing open a small and frail wooden door, a new room was sighted. It seemed like a basement of sorts.

This basement was rather bare, save for the six differently colored pillars (Green, Blue, Orange, Pink, Purple and Red, in that respective order.). On top of each pillar (save for the pink one) there was a circular stone, each being the same color as the pillar they rested on.

"Everycat grab a stone, please."
Twilight requested as she looked around the room some more. She could tell that these stones were important, but she didn't know exactly what they were.

When the stones were placed on the ground, each cat stood by the stone that they had picked. Fluttershy by Green, Pinkie Pie by Blue, Applejack by Orange, Rarity by Purple, and Rainbow Dash by Red.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say that these'd be the elements. They're kind of different looking than I thought they would be."
Applejack poked at the circular stone she stood behind with her paw. To be honest, Twilight was thinking the same thing. These didn't look like superpower-granting objects. They looked like rocks. Then Twilight remembered something about the elements. Something about a spark, that would bring things together. Something along those lines.

Twilight was busy thinking about what to do that she did not hear the sudden sounds of wind passing through the room. A tornado of blue smoke whisked through the room, picking the elements of harmony up, and started to take them away. Without a second thought, Twilight jumped into said tornado, and was taken away with the Elements, in a quick poof.
Twilight's acquaintances were frantic as they searched the room for her.

"There's only one place she coulda gone."

Twilight was poofed into a new location. It was much like the ruin. The same style, with gray moss-covered bricks everywhere. Except, this time, there was a large window at the front of the room. In front of that window were the elements of harmony. They were all on the platform, each one inserted into a half circle indent in the platform.

More importantly, the one who stood in front of that window was none other than the beast herself. Nightmare Moon. She put one of her large paws onto the blue circles. Another onto the green. Twilight puffed herself up, and was about to launch herself at Nightmare, but..

"Don't even think about it. Take a single step, and I'll destroy the elements you worked so hard to find."
Nightmare threatened with a hiss. Her large, predatory fangs were showing off. All the cards played in Nightmare's favor. It was night time, she had the elements, and she was an even more powerful species than Twilight was. That couldn't stop her from trying. Twilight launched herself at Nightmare. Claws unsheathed.

Nightmare back-handed Twilight into a wall, before crushing the blue and green spheres underneath her mighty paws. Then, she destroyed the orange and purple. The last one, the red, was so easily destroyed, it wasn't even funny.

"You little kit, thinking you could defeat me..!"
Nightmare hissed as she started to approach the still recovering Twilight. Being smacked against a solid stone wall isn't something you can exactly recover quickly from. Twilight coughed as she endured her recovery process. The tall black figure known as Nightmare towered over her.

With a single paw raised, this was Twilight's end.

"Now you will never live to see your president, or your sun!"
Twilight's eyes closed tightly, as she expected the foul sound of deathly silence to follow afterwards. Instead, she heard the familiar voices of her friends, calling her name. She opened her eyes once more, to see Nightmare being distracted by something.

Twilight looked in the same direction, to see shadows of her friends ascending the staircase that lead to this room. She saw a spark of hope, for her ending life, and she bolted through Nightmare's legs, and to the shattered elements.

"You think you can destroy the Elements of Harmony just like that, huh?"
Twilight spoke, as she stepped onto the platform that held the element's shattered bits. It was like they were made of glass, or some sort of weird material. Nevertheless, Nightmare was shocked to see Twilight up and about so quickly.

"Well, I hate to break it to you Nightmare. You may be able to destroy objects and bring about night eternal, but you will never be able to break the very spirit of cats!"
Twilight continued as her friends filed into the room. The element bits started to shake, glowing in different colors, all colors of an Aurora. They lifted from the half circles they had been destroyed in, and floated around Twilight.

"What?!"
Nightmare roared in confusion, as she ran towards Twilight. Claws were shining as she collided with an invisible forcefield, and was tossed backwards.

"Applejack, who reassured me that I was not in danger, represents the spirit of Honesty!"
Twilight stared at the orange cat, who proudly stuck out her chest. The shattered pieces of orange flew to the honest hat-wearing cat. Floating around her in a circular pattern.

"Fluttershy, who helped tend to the wounded Liger, represents the spirit of Kindness!"
Fluttershy, humbled, blushed as her name was mentioned. The shattered pieces of green floated around her, in a circular pattern.

"Pinkie, who laughed in the very face of danger itself, represents the spirit of Laughter!"
Pinkie jumped up and down as the shattered pieces of blue floated around her. They, of course, circled around her, in a circular pattern.

"Rarity, who offered up the own fur on her back to a Condor who needed it, represents the spirit of Generosity!"
Rarity smiled at this, as the purple bits flew around her. In what other motion, then circular. Nightmare figured that she should cut this little fiasco short. She pounced at Rainbow, the only pony who had not been entitled to an element yet. That invisible force field flung Nightmare back once more.
She was helpless.

"Rainbow, who rejected her idol if it meant giving up her friends, represents the spirit of Loyalty!"
Rainbow glowered at Nightmare, as the shattered red pieces floated around her in the best possible way. Circular.

"The very spirits of these cats that I have come to know got through every single challenge that you and this forest threw at us!"
Twilight declared, as she stared over at the panther, who was smacking at the forcefield with her sparkling blue smoke. Each time the smoke banged against the shield, it would always be bounced backwards.

"You fool! You still do not have the sixth element! You didn't even have a spark!"
Nightmare roared as Twilight shook her head.

"That's where you're wrong. They needed a different kind of spark, not an electrical one! I felt this spark the very moment I heard them, to see you girls coming to my aid in the face of death. The spark ignited inside of me, when I realized that you were all.. My friends!"
With that one word spoken, a light appeared from above. Like a bright disco ball, only reflecting off the whiteness. As a pink ball, with the symbol of a star, floated down to meet Twilight. Nightmare was blinded by the amount of light the element gave off.

"You see, Nightmare. When the elements are ignited by the spark that resides in the heart of us all, yes, even you, it creates the sixth element. The element of.. Magic!"
Twilight exclaimed the final part, as the light of the element of magic flooded the entire room. The elements of harmony combined with each and every of their spirits.

The elemental shards were absorbed as magic flowed through each and every single one of them. Fluttershy glowed with a bright green as vines twisted around her paws, while wings unfurled on her back.

Rainbow shone a bright blue, as bright as the clearest sky. Her claws were becoming one with the lightning of a thunderstorm, as large wings stretched out upon her back.

Pinkie's light was a bright blue, as electric currents flowed through her entire body, from her nose to her tail tip. Her paws shooting off electricity wherever they pointed.

Applejack glowed a bright brown as her fur became as tough as stone, as her teeth became as sharp as the sharpest mountain.

Rarity shone a fantastic purple, as water spurted from her paws in super-pressurized blast at her very first will. Her fur became as soft and as serene as the calmest ocean. A horn was placed upon her head.

Twilight's light switched between pink and white, as her eyes shone with the brightest light that could rival the sun's summer rays. Her very soul and being surged with magic, as lasers burst from her paw pads. A horn was placed upon her head.

The six hyper-powered brightly-colored friends joined together, as a large beam of blues, greens, reds, and yellows shot from the elements of harmony, and latched themselves onto their victim.

Nightmare Moon screamed as auroras dug into her flesh. They were like meat hooks, ripping her apart as more and more dug into her skin. They surrounded her, and they destroyed her. Of course, no blood was spilled. Or at least, no visible blood.
Twilight and her friends were dropped to the ground. Their lights had faded, and their wings and horns had disappeared off of their bodies. They had fainted. They awoke several seconds later, with extremely bad headaches from all the flashing lights.

"Ugh.. My head.."
Rainbow grumbled as she rubbed the side of her head with her paw.

"Is everycat all right?"
Rarity asked as she felt slightly dizzy.

"I'm good."
Applejack answered as Fluttershy had the same answer.

"Oh, thank goodness."
Rarity sighed a breath of relief, as she looked back at her fur. Her bald patch had regrown from that super flashy light whatever thing that had just happened.
"Oh, Rarity, it's so lovely."
Fluttershy commented.

"I know! I'm never going to give it up ever again!"
"No, I mean your collar, it looks really pretty."
Fluttershy pointed to Rarity's collar. Which indeed, had changed. It had been be-dazzled. Multiple blue and white gemstones had been perfectly put into her collar.

"So does yours!"
Rarity replied. Fluttershy had her collar be-dazzled out as well, as a multitude of green and yellow.

"Look at mine! Look at mine!"
Pinkie shouted. All of their collars had been be-dazzled, apparently. Pinkie's gemstones were cyan and pink.

"Aww yeah. I think I got the best color combination."
Rainbow smiled, as she had a cyan and rainbow. What a bloody cheat that was.

"Twilight, I'll trade you."
Rarity offered, staring at Twilight's new accessory. A golden tiara, that had a large pink star as its centerpiece. Twilight's color combination was pink, purple, and magenta. What a special snowflake.

"Gee Twilight, I thought you were just spoutin' nonsense. But maybe we do really represent the element's of harmony."
Applejack laughed as her collar was pimped out with orange and.. brown. Well, it was just some colors, it didn't matter that much.

"Indeed you do."
A voice echoed through the room, as the sun rose. Bringing a wide variety of soft pink hues to the sky, that could be seen from outside the window. The moon had set, and the blinding rays of the sun beamed through the old ruins glass window.

As a regal cat appeared, through the beams of light. She was as white as freshly fallen snow. Her tail waved in the air, even though there was a severe lack of wind in this place. Twilight's eyes widened at the sight of this cat. She recognized her instantly. A fully grown white Egyptian Mau?

There was only one that had the name that was one letter off from Celestia, and was an Egyptian Mau. President Celestia.
Twilight's friends bowed within her presence, as they obviously recognized her as well. Twilight smiled and gasped with happiness as she made her way over to her mentor and teacher.

"President Celestia!"
She called out happily as she approached the adult cat.

"Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student. I knew you could do it with my little push."
Twilight would have questioned Celestia's intelligence on Nightmare's return. But right now, that didn't exactly matter, did it? They poked each other's noses together for a quick second, before returning back to regular standing.

"But.. You told me it was just a legend."
"I told you that you needed to stop being anti-social, and go out and make some friends."
Celestia laughed, looking over at Twilight's companions through her journey.

"I saw that Nightmare Moon was going to return, and I knew that you had the ability and capability to stop her."
Under normal circumstance, Twilight would have asked her why Celestia didn't ask her owner, (THE PRESIDENT OF THIS ENTIRE CONTINENT) to just call the FBI and put Nightmare down herself, but she just got super awesome superpowers, so Twilight wasn't complaining.

"But you could not stop her until you had realized the magic powers that friendship has."
Celestia moved herself from the platform that had been previously used by Twilight, and approached another.

The auroras had left Nightmare Moon as only a couple broke pieces of armor, that still smoked. The auroras were content with their sacrifice, and their hunger for flesh was contained for the moment. There were many more morsels to devour in the future, and the auroras contained within the Elements of Harmony, could not wait for that time to come.

Nevertheless, no cat knew of the sadistic and twisted nature such a powerful and pure looking weapon had. Not even Celestia.

"Now if only another could do the same."
Celestia sighed as another cat formed from the smoke of Nightmare Moon's remains. This cat seemed to be the same breed as Celestia. Only smaller, and younger. Also, darker in tone. She was not Nightmare; that was for sure.

"Vice President Luna."
Celestia spoke as she towered over the now just awakening cat. Luna quivered in fear of Celestia.

"It has been a thousand months since I have seen you like this."
Celestia continued as she laid down. Her intimidating stature was depleting to nothing within a fracture of a second.

"It is time to put our differences behind us. It is time that we rule together, little sister."
Celestia mewed. As every single cat in the room that was not a part of an extremely powerful family that could command armies and make cities fall, gasped.

"Sister?!"
The elements of harmony exclaimed at the same time, jaws hanging open. Not even Twilight saw that one coming. Wow.

"Will you accept my friendship, and return home with me?"
Celestia offered. Luna was hesitating. She looked pained. Only one answer could be reached.

"The sisters have returned to bring the Harmony and Economy back to our country!"
The citizens of Kitiville rejoiced as they danced about in the streets. With not a single care in the world. Even though cats couldn't dance, they danced. The secret service's van had already arrived to take the two politically involved cats back to their owner, but Celestia and Luna took their time before climbing up the stairs, and getting into the transport.

Luna had multiple flower necklaces placed around her neck. She felt happy, for once in over a thousand months.
Everycat in Kitiville was happy, except for one. One outlier to rule them all. Twilight Sparkle was the only one who wore a sad face on this day of the economy being promised to rise more rapidly than before.

"Why so glum, my faithful student?"
Celestia questioned, stepping away from the van to approach her favorite purple colored feline, who was also an important part of her plan.

"It's just.. I don't know what to do now. I mean, I have friends, I have these weird gems around my neck. I don't know what to do next."
"Do you remember what I said just before you got adopted?"
Celestia asked. Twilight recalled that day.

"Yes. You said to make as many friends I could, and to try to solve as many mysteries regarding the magic of friendship as I could."
Twilight worded it differently then how Celestia had originally said it. All Celestia had said to do before Twilight had gotten adopted was "Study friendship, and write to me on what sort of mysteries you solve." if she remembered correctly.

"Start with that."
Celestia winked, before walking off back to the pure black van. Celestia glanced over at her sister. The two of them nodded, and entered the van. The stairs folded up behind them, and the door sliding closed.
With that, Celestia and Luna wheeled off into the distance, as the cat-like citizens of Kitiville continued to rejoice.

"Sister, thank you."
"Huh?"
"If you had waited for those thousand months to be up, I don't think Twilight would even be the Element of Magic."
"Uh.. You're welcome sis."
"Now, I need to make sure she's ready."
"Ready? For what?"
"In due time, Luna, in due time."
"Can't you just tell me now? We are in this car together. I mean, the driver can't understand us. We're basically alone, and no cat-."
"In due time."
"So you're not going to tell me?"
"Nope."