• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 5,155 Views, 52 Comments

Hour of Twilight - Shining Moonlight



Equestria is at the edge of war and become shocked as one of their most trusted join the dark side! What will happen? Find out!

  • ...
10
 52
 5,155

Betrayal

As Chrysalis opened her eyes and woke up she noticed she was lying on cool stone floor. She also realized that instead of hearing her hoofs tough the stone floor as she heaved herself onto all four, she heard a loud beep. Then she remembered last night. She had kissed Sombra, and then everything had went black. As both her hearing and her balance came back, she saw that it was still dawn. That meant that she had kissed Sombra just a few moments ago. As she turned around, she was met with Sombra and her father King Metamorphosis standing face to face, fangs bared.

"How dare you betray your king Chrysalis!" Her father spat at her. She held her breath, closed her eyes and let it all go.

"Because I love him. I always will." As both Sombra and King Metamorphosis gasped she lunged herself at her father. "I know that you will never let me love him, but I do! All I am asking for is your blessing."

As she looked him in the eyes she knew what he was going to do. She surrounded his dagger with her aura and threw it over the edge of the cave. She did the same with his sword. As she let him go he made a run for Sombra. Before he could do anything though, he fell to the ground, his body limp and lifeless. Chrysalis had taken her dagger and shot it at her father's throat. Sombra looked at her, terrified.

"What have you done, Chrysalis?" She was shocked at the harsh tone Sombra used. "I thought you said... That you didn't kill...." Before Chrysalis could stop him, he teleported himself out of the cave and back to the Crystal Empire.

When Chrysalis came back to the hive, she noticed how all the other changelings were just lying around, barely moving. She rushed forward to the Changeling Army Captain, Stained Heart.

"Stained Heart! What is happening?" As she spoke, he lifted his head and said.

"Without a King or Queen.... The hive won't survive..." He said between the attempts to breathe. Chrysalis' face hardened and her aura lit up an empty space on top of her head. Seconds later, the aura vanished, to reveal a crown. She opened her eyes and said in a threatening, cold and confident voice.

"Then let me be your Queen..." She burst into an insane laughter that echoed through the hive. After mere second, the changelings all joined in.

And that, was the beginning to the reign of Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The soil churned as Twilight's hooves touched the ground. Instantly she flapped her wings so that she didn't have to walk on the dirty soil, she flew over to where the ground turned into cobblestone. As her friends and Princess Celestial caught up to her, they all gasped. In the middle of the town square was a big pile of dead bodies. At the top was a little fillie that had a slashed throat. All around the square were burned down houses, except one, that was left standing. The mares walked into the house slowly, and once again gasped at the sight of the mare with her two dead foals in her arms. Celestial walked up to the burned bodies and investigated on if the foals forehead. She growled as she saw the dark crystal and shoved the mares outside, with an exception for Twilight.

"Do you know what this is?" She hissed. Twilight shook her head as she leaned forward to see the mark for herself. "That is the mark of King Sombra. Actually one of his allies. Whenever someone joins side with a powerful King or Queen, they mark one of their victims with the King or Queen's symbol. The dark crystal is Sombra's symbol." Celestia sighed. "I thought we were done with him for good, but it looks like he has made an ally.. An ally that can make him stronger!"

Twilight took Celestia outside where a body was being transported in a golden carriage. As Celestia screamed in horror and started crying Twilight stopped her from running to the side of the dead body. The other mares went up to investigate who it was. "Excuse me good sir? I am a friend of the Princesses and The Element of Generosity, Rarity. I was just wondering who this is, or.. was.."
She pointed to the green unicorn with crushed skull. The earth pony dragging the carriage answered her politely but sorrow filled his voice.

"I am afraid that this is Green Jewel, Mayor of this town and one of Celestia herself's most trusted advisors..." He sighed."I'll be taking him to Fillydelphia where he is scheduled to be buried. That," He said, pointing at the house that was still standing. " Is where he lived with his wife, and two foals, Misty Jewel and Blue Sky... I'll miss them..." And then he continued to walk with his head drooping.

Rarity and the others looked at Green Jewel as he disappeared into the sunset and looked back at Celestia. They shook their heads. It was enough that many pony citizens had been lost,so had one of the most important ponies been too. They helped Twilight steady Celestia as they helped her back to the carriage and went home to Canterlot.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Stained Heart!" Chrysali's voice rang through the hive and seconds later, the Captain rushed into the hall. The first thing he saw was the dead body lying in front of the Tower.

"Yes your majesty?" He said in a confident voice.

"I want an escort of four changelings ready in the hour.I am going to visit an old friend of mine." She said as she made her way down the staircase. "I have been waiting for this moment since I became Queen.." She burst into a horrifying laughter that was soon joined by Stained Heart and all of the Changelings in the hive, creating a laughter of absolute death....

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Spread out!" A cool voice hissed as the cave came into sight. Hoofes scraped across the mountain side as the ponies obeyed their commander's orders. "Alpha O2 Strike!" The voice spat out the movement pattern and the other ponies instantly bent down so that their bellies just barely touched the ground.

They started to sneak inside, quieter than a mouse, with the leader taking the rear. As the cave roof closed in over them, the first two rolled to the sides, the next two following, and the next, until the voice stood in the middle. The pony went forward, the sound of hooves echoing. Suddenly it stopped and lit it's horn to reveal a blood-red aura. It bared it's fangs and lifted it's wings slightly off it's flank. It hissed something barely hearable and the other ponies instantly hopped forward and knocked out all ponies intruding in the cave. As the alicorn shot it's magic into the roof, a light turned on to reveal all Changeling guard on the patrol pinned down by Dark Assassins. The alicorn walked into the middle of the crowd where Chrysalis was pinned to the ground by three Assassins.

"I knew you were coming Chrysalis.." The mare spoke."After all, I sent for you!" She hissed. She bit down on Chrysalis fore hoof and started to suck blood. Chrysalis gasped and tried to shriek, but one of the Assassins was covering her mouth, a grin on her face. The mare licked her lips and backed away from Chrysalis."I can't believe what a fool you've become! You think he would want you back after what you did?" Chrysalis tried to bite the Assassin's hoof but the Assassin was too quick and dragged her hood away.

"What do you mean by what I have done!? I am no worse than you.... Twilight.." Twilight turned around.

"Well did I promise him I wouldn't kill anyone? No... Did I almost get him killed? No... Did I kill my kin?!! NO!!"Twilight lunged for Chrysalis but before she could bite down on her neck and kill her, another pony appeared.

"Having fun my Queen?" Chrysalis gasped.

"Sombra! Help! She's trying to kill me!" Chrysalis tried to struggle free of the Assassin's grasp but they only held her tighter.

"Oh Chrissie?" He sighed and walked up to Twilight. "Didn't you know? I want you as an ally... She wouldn't kill you..." Twilight sighed.

"Let's just get on with it and tell her.. And by the way sunshine," She said to Chrysalis."If I could choose, I'd have torn you to pieces at the sight of you!" She growled. Sombra looked her in the eyes and so she sighed and continued."Celestia has never been the rightful ruler... We think it's time to change that, if you were our ally, we would win the war that will rage out when I reveal my true self... Will you help us?" Twilight sneaked up on her like a lion would sneak up on it's prey. "Because if you won't, I'll snap your head off!" She Teleported herself so that she was lying with her head on Chrysalis shoulder."You already know I would, but he wants me to let you... consider." She said hissing at Sombra. Chrysalis gulped and rasped.

"I'll help.. If you promise not to kill my son..." Twilight stood up and eyed Chrysalis. As hoofes echoed, Twilight turned around to see an unusual Changeling, not like the others, about her age. Infact, he looked just like any other pony.. correction, like any other alicorn. He had a green mane and tail, a Twilight walked up to him. He started shaking and almost seemed to shrink in the presence of the savage and cruel Princess.

"Is it true?" He said, trying to hide the fear in his voice. "Will you kill my mother?" Twilight stood face to face with the Prince and licked her hoof and stroked it across his mane, making it look more tidy.

"Why do you ask?" She whispered into his ear, her lips touching his cheek once she backed away slowly. The Prince blushed and Sombra growled. The Prince instantly went up to Sombra and faced him.

"What are you growling at? Huh? Are you a Timber Wolf or what?" He stepped away and went up to Twilight. He whispered something in her ear and she nodded curtly. She then whistled and ran out, the Dark Assassins following her out just a second later. Before Chrysalis could do anything, more Dark Assassins appeared and dragged her into the darkness. The Prince smiled at Sombra and said."I will be the King soon..." He then backed out of the cave where Twilight had disappeared to, and laughed quietly.

Author's Note:

Well well! I was feeling a little daring, so I brought a second love, Prince Thorn, into the picture! You can already see that he likes Twilight and who knows what this new side of Twilight feels? Maybe she's going to use him? Or maybe Sombra? Who knows? Well, I do! Sorry that the chapters take so long and that it hasn't been as exiting as I hoped it would be, I just don't have enough time since I just started school again. Since I am 14 I have to go to school like everyone else of my friends! Next chapter I'll try to get done quicker, and I hope I can make it more exiting. One other reason. it didn't go as planned since I brought the back-story of Chrysalis and Sombra. Also, prince Thorn was not planned to be in the story from the beginning. Now that I'm back on track, it'll be more as planned and hopefully I can focus more on how to make it more exiting/scary/enchanting instead of wondering about what is going to happen next! Still wondering if I should write a SombraXChrysalis story after I've finished Hour of twilight? Please tell me about your opinion of the story also in the comments below!