• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 342 Views, 2 Comments

Clickity Hack's Tome of Origins - ClickityHack



A collection of OC origin stories I have written for various people on Reddit gathered in to one collection.

  • ...
 2
 342

Willow

/u/willowmvp227

On the stoop of a karaoke bar in Manehattan, a filly is left swaddled in a quilt with a note, "Her name is Willow. It rhymes with pillow."

Melodic sobbing awakens the security guard from his day dreams. He is a unicorn of few pursuits but he craves above all something called "Justice" which he rarely has the blessing to dispense. Instead, he takes up pen and paper and lives his alternate life on the page, doodling, sometimes quite well, the adventures of sleuthing, narcing, and even citations which is far more exciting than taking out ponies who drank past the point of realizing they were singing the same Journey song three times in a row.

His name is Vigil Light, son of Vigil Heavy, heir to less of girth and less of mirth. His perception however, never in question, is beyond any and all deception. He spies the figure in the night, and the tiny puddles in the brick cracks are not from the rain or expelled excess of berry flavored liquors as is so often the case, but tears, salty and confused perhaps. How does he know this?

There is no use to cry out now or give chase. The cold onset is coming fast and without the control of Pegasi. In this land the cold just is sometimes and there is no stopping it for a filly's cry.

An Earth pony... With Earthen hair mixed in a dark blue like the land upon a sea. A whole world in one pony with the blossoms of green life in her eyes. What sort of pony abandons the world? Where is the justice in that?