• Published 15th Jul 2014
  • 2,771 Views, 48 Comments

Crest of Imagination - Boyzilla



When the Crest of Imagination's failsafe is activated and sent into the human realm. It splits itself into four pieces and attaches to a group of friends. They are then sent spiraling into Equestria with not only new partners, but also new power

  • ...
4
 48
 2,771

Chapter 5: 'Hated' Training

Crest of Imagination

Chapter 5: 'Hated' Training

With the sun high in the sky, blue skies as far as the eye can see, and a now digital field free Ponyville. Things were looking up for the Digidestined of Imagination. Of course, when Twilight said they needed to start training. She meant at the earlier opportunity, with no breaks, and according to her, the most 'efficient training method'.

So here our heroes were, running laps around the entirety of Ponyville, a rainbow haired Pegasus egging them on with both insults, actually, mostly insults and demands.

"When I said let's get started," Daniel huffed out as he continued to run in his human form, "I didn't mean torture!"

His friends all groaned and nodded in agreement, too tired to even speak while jogging.

Rainbow Dash replied to him, "Oh come on, this is just a warm-up! You four are seriously out of shape! And Daniel, you still have to practice flying with him in your ghost mojo form!"

Daniel breathed heavily, "It's called... My Phantom Form!" He retorted.

As they passed by Twilight, they heard the muttering of, "Teach Ryan Unicorn magic, make Guilmon and Charmander have target practice, have Madison and Alyssa practice dodging."

"Why Lord, why have you done this to us!" Daniel screamed to high heavens.

Alyssa wailed in agony as her muscles burned from the workout, "It must be from that one time we lied to our teachers about finishing our homework! It's coming back to bite us!"

"Complain, complain, complain!" Rainbow Dash yelled, "Where's your sport spirit!"

"Left it when I joined the nerd nation." Daniel replied sarcastically.

Rainbow Dash giggled a bit at that, before saying, "The youngest at of all of you is doing better! Look at him, he's ahead of you all!"

Indeed, the eight year old brony was practically skipping his way, whistling the theme song of his favorite television show as he went.

Madison commented on this, "That's cause Ryan plays flag football! He's had lots of practice in running!" She said.

"Your half way there, then you only have one more lap to finish!" Rainbow Dash said.

"That's it! Going ghost!" Daniel yells as blue-white rings appear around his mid-section and travel along his body. The transformation completing as it revealed Daniel Phantom in his black and white hazmat suit.

Daniel flew into the air, but suddenly stopped. He noticed how he was no longer breathing heavily, he felt like he never ran in the first place. "Wow, I must have superhuman stamina in this form. That would explain why Danny could always last that long in fights." Daniel said to himself.

He looked to Rainbow Dash, a grin plastered on his face, "How about some good ole revenge."

Rainbow Dash laughed at him in response, "Yeah right, you couldn't outfly a humming bird."

Daniel flew after the cocky Pegasus, but she flew faster than he could blink. He looked around for her, realizing that he could probably only fly around ten miles an hour, let alone, what he knew he will be capable of, hundred and twelve miles per hour.

He turned intangible, and the wind resistance pretty much evaporated, increasing his speed by another twenty. With this, he began chasing after Rainbow Dash who leisurely flew upside down and taunted him again and again about how slow he was. When he catches that pony, he swears he'll give her something to talk about. But unfortunately for Daniel, his ghost powers decide to short out on him.

He turned back into human mid-flight, and began screaming as he fell plummeting toward the ground.

"Go ghost, go ghost, go ghost!" he frantically yelled as he tried to transform back.

The now familiar blue-white rings appeared around his mid-section and turned him into his ghost half within two seconds time. Where he then crashed into the ground with a hard impact, he was lucky his ghost half had incredible durability.

Rainbow Dash flew overhead, and landed next to the downed human boy, "Hey, you alright?"

Daniel groaned, "Never been better..."

"Good, now turn back into your human form and start jogging again."

"Joy..."


Ryan Chukareth scratched his cheek in thought, trying to comprehend what Twilight Sparkle just explained to him in a long-winded lecture about Unicorn magic. Honestly, it wasn't all his fault, how can she really expect an eight year old to understand the complex theory behind the conversion of energy into the physical plane from the magical core within him? Sounded more like something from Harry Potter than My Little Pony in his opinion.

"I don't understand," Ryan said, giving up on trying to figure it out himself.

Twilight Sparkle sighed, "Laypony terms Twilight, laypony terms." she said to herself.

Ryan pouted, albeit adorably, and said, "Hey, I'm smart! I passed the second grade recently!"

Twilight facehoofed, and began explaining in a more simplistic way, "You have to get a feel for your magic, normally a pony would have to take years of study for them too access their magic beyond simple spells or activities. But we don't have that time, and is why I started you off with exercising. Tell me, Ryan, did you feel anything while you were jogging?" she asked.

"Um, I felt really strong and I didn't get tired as fast." Ryan answered her as he sat on a small stool.

"Do you remember the feeling of it exactly?" Twilight asked.

Ryan looked thoughtful, "Think so."

"Try to feel that now."

Ryan thought back to when he was jogging, and the feeling it experienced during it. He pictured himself running having strength, when suddenly his body responding by supplying exactly what he felt beforehand. The power coursing through him making he feel like some sort super hero!

Twilight giggled with excitement, "Great job, now keep that feeling going and memorize it! That's your Earth pony magic."

"What does it do?" Ryan asked out of curiosity.

"Enchanced strength, endurance, durability, and pain tolerance, from what I know so far." Twilight explained, "Next we'll work on Pegasus magic, before finally Unicorn magic, which will be the hardest."

"Aw, more work." Ryan whined, "But I can't wait to do magic! How much super strength do I have? Can I lift a bus? How about a house?"

"We'll have to do more test to get the results, but don't try lifting something too big. I don't want you getting hurt." Twilight said, her eyes then landing on the crest piece tied around his neck, "On the other hoof, do you mind if I study your crest piece for a while? I'm quite fascinating by it."

Ryan's eyes widened, before he raised his tag and crest piece with his hand, "My crest? Oh, sure! I don't mind Twilight!" The eight year old said happily as he took it off and handed it over to the unicorn.

The unicorn tried to grasp it with her levitation spell, but her magic could not surround it. She tried again, but it did not work. "Alright, first note: Crest of Imagination is immune to foreign magic." she said to herself as she used the old fashion way with her hoof before going over to a desk to study the object.

"What about me Twilight?" Ryan asked.

"Take a break, its past lunch anyway. Go and make friends, and play." Twilight said, not even glancing back at him as she was so concentrated on a new study.

"Okay!" The young child said, turning around and leaving the library.


Our lovable nine year old Pokémon trainer currently tried her very hardest to make her beloved charmander have super cool moves. With what she learned of the recent fight against that giant bird digimon ghost possessed thing, Charmander didn't have a strong enough attack to fight a digimon. Sure even Guilmon couldn't defeat the birdy, but the point was that Guilmon had a very strong flame attack that at least did something useful. While charmander only had a weak ember attack, which was easily blown away.

Of course she wouldn't give charmander up just for a stronger Pokémon! They will just have to train to get stronger! And then charmander can get new moves, and maybe evolve to charmeleon!

Madison Barbs, with the use of various hand gestures and childish facial expressions, energetically explained the purpose of having so called 'Super Cool Moves'.

"That way we can help Daniel, Alyssa, and Guilmon a lot better and be great superhero partners!" Madison exclaimed, her hands to her hips and chest pushed out proudly, obviously trying to make some sort of superhero stance.

"Charmander, char, char!"

"I knew you would agree! Now start spitting out flamethrower!" Madison ordered, pointing toward a boulder she had marked as the target.

Charmander opened its mouth, all for a small smoke cloud to come out comically.

Madison fell backward on the ground soon after, getting back up, she looked to charmander in thought. "So... Are you a game charmander, or a TV show charmander? I hope TV show, cause I know more about the TV one than a game one."

Her charmander gave her a expression of confusion. "Char?"

"Well, let's stick with the TV show, cause I know you can use flamethrower in the show as a charmander." Madison said, nodding to herself.

The Pokémon had honestly no clue what its trainer was mumbling on about.

"Flamethrower at the rock, charmander! You can do it!" Madison encouraged her Pokémon.

Charmander repeated the exact process of the previous try, no progress being made. Causing Madison to cross her arms as she delved into her train of thoughts. "Okay, I don't think your doing it right. You got feel that fiery power within your belly button! Then you bring it up to your mouth and make a giant flamethrower attack! Um, kind of like having the fire on your tail inside your belly then bringing it out!" Madison tried to explain to her charmander.

"Now, one more time! We can't let Alyssa and her partner be stronger than us! Flamethrower!" Madison Barbs shouted, pointing toward the rock, "I know you can do it, I believe you can!"

"Chaaaar!" Charmander exclaimed loudly, his mouth opening ride and the spark of fire igniting within him. Its body filling with energy that it did not know where it came from, but it felt great. Within a few seconds, a large line of flame burst forth from his mouth, heading directly toward the target before impacting with a grand spectacular of fire going over the rocky surface before melting it.

Once charmander stopped its newly learned fire-based attack, it felt itself get lifted into the happy go lucky arms of a excited nine year old African-American girl, "You did it charmander! You did it, you did it, you did it! Now we have a much better attack to use than ember!"

"Charmander!" The Pokémon happily said, glad to see its trainer so proud of it.

"Good job, how about you get some rest while I go see what we can eat for lunch? I'm sure Daniel or Alyssa will know, they tend to always find what we need." She said, lifting her pokeball to charmander's form before returning the Pokémon inside of it with a red beam of energy.

Still giddy and energetic from her and her charmander's success with a new move, the little girl skipped happily toward the direction of the barn where they stayed at. It was the first place she would look for her friends, she knew that at least Daniel at to be there, cause he did look tired after those other exercises with that rainbow pony.


Alyssa Jarnagin looked at her digimon partner who rested peacefully on the grass, she had learned a few things from him. Mainly, he was a virus-type digimon, had two moves called Pyro Sphere and Rock Breaker, had some knowledge regarding various types of digimon, and also really liked the taste of baked bread.

The first bit of this knowledge surprised her, she never knew of a Digidestined having a virus digimon for a partner, but it didn't affect Alyssa's morals. She didn't care if Guilmon was data, vaccine, or virus. He was her digimon partner, and that's what counted.

Still, it did give her a advantage against Data-type digimon. However Vaccine types would be more effective against her partner. Luckily, she was sure, and given time, Madison's Pokémon would counteract that weakness since it wasn't a digimon at all.

"Hey Guilmon?" Alyssa said.

"Yeah?" Guilmon replied, raising his head and glancing at his human partner.

"Have you like, ever heard of beings besides digimon and humans?" Alyssa questioned.

Guilmon looked thoughtful, before shaking his head, "No, not really. This is all new to me too," he answered.

"Oh, well, how about other Digidestined?" she questioned.

Guilmon nodded, "Yeah sure there are other Digidestined, all of them having their own digimon partners." he said.

Alyssa's expression went into surprise, "Really? How come the humans don't know it? I mean, I saw the television series and how the digimon attacks Earth during season two."

Guilmon looked confused, before his eyes lit in realization, "Oh! Well, Alyssa, the other Digidestined are the saviors of the Eastern Quadrant, each Quadrant has their own version of the human world."

"What? Then there are like? Many Earths?" Alyssa asked in confusion.

"It's complicated, but the Digital world is connected to multiple realms. In fact, not many digimon even know that. Guess I got kind of lucky with the information."

"Then do you know what ours is?"

"Central Quadrant, yours is the most important one. I guess you can think of it like how your human realm is protected in layers. The North, South, East, and West Quadrants cast a protective barrier over it. It did fall one time, and that was when the Eastern Quadrants Digidestined were all over the place trying to protect the destiny stones."

"Oh... I guess the destiny stones aren't our layer if that's the case. You sure know a lot!" Alyssa complimented.

"Thanks! I was a traveler as Gigimon, but I always felt like I was missing someone. And that was you!" Guilmon returned her compliment.

Alyssa lay back on the grass next to her digimon, "So if the destiny stones aren't our layer for my world. What is?"

"Don't know," Guilmon said, "Even I don't know everything. A lot of what I told you is pretty much the limit of my knowledge."

Alyssa giggled, "You know, somewhere I think there is a very childish version of you."

Guilmon laughed, "Maybe! But I haven't seen another of me around!"

Alyssa sighed, "I wish bad things weren't happening, then we could just play around instead."

"Nothing happens just for fun unfortunately." Guilmon said.

Suddenly, the two's stomach growled. Their claws and hands reaching for them in unison reaction. They looked to each other, and laughed joyously.

Alyssa sat up, "How about we go and eat some lunch. I'm sure Ryan and Madison are going to find Daniel at the Barn first, so we'll head there."

"Sounds good to me Alyssa!" Guilmon said in agreement.

The two of them got up, and walked together side by side toward the barn house.

Author's Note:

Character status:

Ryan Chukareth
Age: 8
Holder of the bottom right piece Crest of Imagination
Imagination: My Little Pony
Powers: Contains magical properties of all three pony tribes, and can shift from one to another at any given time. So far, only one can be used at a time.

Data/Vaccine/Virus- There are three main category of digimon, these are categorized within these three labels. Each have a strength and weakness to another.