• Published 15th Jul 2014
  • 2,767 Views, 48 Comments

Crest of Imagination - Boyzilla



When the Crest of Imagination's failsafe is activated and sent into the human realm. It splits itself into four pieces and attaches to a group of friends. They are then sent spiraling into Equestria with not only new partners, but also new power

  • ...
4
 48
 2,767

Chapter 1: Imagination gone wild

Author's Note:

Warning: This story is a Multi-crossover between MLP:FIM, Digimon, Pokémon, and Danny Phantom. If you dislike Multi-crossovers, or any of the following shows within it, then leave now. Otherwise, enjoy the story!

Fair Warning, this first chapter is fast-paced, and has been marked to be redone at a later date. Also, character descriptions are not my forte, and may be subject to minor changes such as clothes and small details within the future. More detailed character introduction will be included in the redone chapter.

Crest of Imagination

Chapter 1: Imagination gone wild

It was evening, lunch had passed and a small group of children ran out to play. It was the middle of May, school had just ended recently and the four children were ecstatic to finally do something besides sit down and do school work for six to eight hours a day. The four children were two boys, and two girls. Each of varying ages, each with their own personal likes and dislikes, and of course, each with their own favorite television show.

The latter was going to bite them in the butt later on.

Daniel Marris, fourteen years old, was the oldest of the friend group. How he got tied in with children younger than himself was quite due to himself, he was a loner. Actually, he was in a way, anti-social. Nobody his age liked to really be with him, even if he's actually a nice guy, he took things a bit too seriously. What people didn't know, was the boy had quite a mind for imagining different possibilities. Daniel wore a pure white make-up, his skin was pale white, he wore tan pants and a white shirt with the letters 'D' and 'P' next to each other, brown eyes, with mop black hair.

And he loved the Danny Phantom Series.

Alyssa Jarnagin, eleven years old, was the second oldest of the friend group. She had a light tan skin color, blue eyes, and a short cut blond hairstyle. Wearing a purple shirt to tie in with her blue skirt. Alyssa always carried a toy season one white digivice, always. It was her birthday gift after all, and they only sold for so long in the United States. Alyssa was quite a shy girl, always wanting to obey the rules, and let everyone have their way. But when it came to people touching her little toy, she got vicious.

Needless to say, she really liked Digimon.

Madison Barbs, nine years old, was the third oldest of the friend group. Pigmented in a dark brown skin color, having brown eyes, and a curly long black hairstyle and a bubbly excited personality. She wore a sleeveless rose red shirt, blue jeans, and wore a brown leather belt. Tied to said belt she carried a plastic pokeball, with a small figurine charmander within. She adored Pokémon, her first Gameboy game was Pokémon, her first shirt based off Pokémon, her first....

Yeah, picture gotten. Pokémon fan.

Ryan Chukareth, eight years old, was the youngest of the group. Having a slight light red tone to his skin, a messy brown hairstyle, and a proud but generous attitude. Wore a tan shirt with a image of three apples in the middle, and also dark brown pants to match it. He enjoyed, or should I say, fell in love with My Little Pony. Actually, more correctly to say that he wanted to explore the world of My Little Pony, with all his heart he wished he could. He would always dream of walking around Equestria with his friends behind him.

The little eight year old was a brony.

As the group of children continued to play around and chat happily, they failed to notice their environment shift dramatically.

As in, the sky seemed to suddenly have loads of clouds, loads of dark ominous clouds that spell certain disaster and something sinister along those lines. A small comet-like object started hurling down toward them. The children at this time finally noticed how everything seemed different.

"Uh, I think we should move." Daniel stated as he pointed up into the sky, "Incoming!"

Alyssa, in an act of selflessness, put her body over Ryan to shield him from the incoming disaster. Daniel doing the same over Madison, who felt like it was his responsibility as the oldest to defend them.

The comet-like object suddenly broke up into four pieces with a suddenly loud explosion, crash landing into the ground in front of all four children. The dust rising into the air as two of the smallest children screamed for the worst.

The dusty air began to settled down, and the four children opened their eyes. Unharmed in any way.

"Is everyone alright?" Daniel said in concern.

"I'm okay." Ryan exclaimed as Alyssa got off of him.

"Me too, thanks Daniel!" Madison shouted, "What you think it was? Was it a meteor?" She questioned in curiosity.

"Don't know." Daniel replied, "But it's over now-"

Four bright lights began to rise from each hole, each having the appearance of a certain tag familiar to Alyssa.

"But, how, Digimon isn't real!" Alyssa exclaimed, "Is it?" She said, thinking about Digimon and her dreams about being a digidestined.

The four tags suddenly zipped over to each of the children's necks, each ot them gasping in surprise and shock as the tags formed into reality, tied around their necks. Each tag having one fourth of a piece which made all together, a crest. Before any of them could question or comment on the situation, all four tags lit up with a bright white light, blinding them all as they felt their bodies being lifted into the air, and thrown into what will be, their greatest adventure.

Daniel Marris felt his whole body erupt in great pain, he opened his mouth and screamed, but nothing came out.

Alyssa Jarnagin felt her heart beating wildly, and the strange feeling of scales touching her hands, in fear she tried to scream, but nothing came out.

Madison felt the hot touch of flame at the edge of her hands, she believe that she going to burn very badly, and it was going to hurt, she screamed as she awaited death, but nothing came out.

Ryan felt the center of his body feel strange, and with a sudden burst it started hurting, he screamed in pain, but no noise was to be heard.

A painful entry into another world indeed.


When Daniel Marris first woke up, he clutched his head in pain. He wobbly stood up, and opened his eyes to see that he was no longer in the playground, or the city in that matter. He appeared to be in some sort of open prairie, a few trees scattered about and a calm stream just a few feet away. Daniel walked over to the stream, and suddenly took notice that he was strangely wearing white gloves, in fact, he had long black sleeves. He blinked, and brought some water to his face to wash away his, most likely, hallucination.

It didn't work.

Daniel realized, what can't possibly his reflection, that a image staring back at him in the water. When he blinked, it blinked, when he moved his hand, it did. The illusion was him, yet it can't possibly him. First off, he didn't have snow white hair, glowing green eyes, and a small white glow around his body, not to mention wearing a nearly exactly replica of Danny Phantom's outfit.

When he looked at himself, it was all the same as the reflection, except he noticed a tag hanging around his neck.

"Holy..." Daniel said in shock, "I'm Danny Phantom! Kinda..." He trailed off, before he remembered what happened previously and looked around in worry. "Hello! Where are you guys! Are you alright!" He said, running up a hill, then spotting the rest of his friends on the ground unconscious

With a small red animal with bat wings for ears, and a charmander next to both Alyssa and Madison.

He ran up to them, not sure if the red animal and charmander were dangerous to them. When he reached them, the red animal started to speak.

"Hiya!"

"Ahhh!" Daniel screamed in shock, falling on his rump.

"Did I scare you?" the red animal giggled, "Sorry about that, I'm just waiting for Alyssa to wake up!"

"Char, charmander!" the Pokémon spoke up in agreement, standing near Madison.

"W-what are you?" Daniel asked as he sat down crisscross, taking a few breaths to calm down. 'They're friendly, they're friendly.' He reassured himself.

"I'm Gigimon!" Gigimon introduced itself, "I'm Alyssa's digimon partner!"

"You got to be kidding me..." Daniel said.

"Nope! I'm serious!" Gigimon said happily.

Alyssa and Madison both began to stir, however Ryan appeared to be still knocked out. The moment they awoke, they screamed a bit in both shock and fear. Before calming down and noticing how its their fan girl dreams.

"A digimon? What's your name? Are you my digimon? Please be my digimon!" Alyssa said with hope.

Gigimon turned to her, a happy grin on its face, "Of course I'm your digimon, I'm Gigimon, partner!"

"A Pokémon! A charmander!" Madison cheered as she hugged said Pokémon, it's flame out of reach for her protection. Madison then had her eyes widen in realization as he reached for the pokeball on her belt.

"Char, char!" it yelled in joy.

Daniel was too busy trying to have all this information file correctly in his brain as Madison exclaimed loudly.

"My pokeball is real! It's not a toy, but a real thing!" She squealed, shrinking and expanding the pokeball again and again. Before she pointed it at charmander and said, "Return charmander!"

A red beam shot out of pokeball and impacted on charmander, causing it to turn into red energy and return into the capsule device. Daniel had nearly fallen over in shock on how close the beam was too him.

"Warn me when you do that Madison." Daniel said to her.

Madison gave him a sheepish grin, "Sorry Daniel! I'll be sure to tell you when I do it!"

Daniel and Madison turned to Alyssa to see how she was interacting with her digimon partner.

She was hugging the digital being like a Christmas present. "We're going to be the best of friends, Gigimon! I'll be the best partner ever for you!" Alyssa said meaningfully.

"That's great, can you stop squeezing me now?" Gigimon begged.

At that moment, Ryan woke up! And the first thing he saw was a glowing Daniel.

Ryan spoke about it, "Daniel your glowing! And wearing a superhero costume!"

That got everyone else's attention, Madison commented, "Is that the Danny Phantom costume from the show you like?"

Daniel nodded, "Not sure if I got the powers, but I got the looks too- Ahh! I'm falling, I'm falling through the ground!" He exclaimed in fear as his bottom half had become intangible unwillingly and he started sinking.

His friends came to his rescue as they grasped his arms, Gigimon landing on the ground as his partner helped him. Lifting him back to standing position and his legs becoming tangible again. Daniel breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thanks," He said, "How I do turn back then..." Daniel thought, thinking about his human self. He felt a decrease of power like never before as a ring of white appeared around his mid waist and split in two, one going up, another going down. Detransforming him back to his original human state. "Oh, like that." Daniel commented.

"That was so cool." Ryan said in awe.

"I know right! Soon I'll be saying catch phases and puns." Daniel joked, "Anyhow, I want to know something. What are these tags?" He questioned.

Alyssa replied kindly, "Tags and crests, or crest. I guess." She said looking at her tag, with a fourth of the piece in it. "It's suppose to make our digimon evolve further, but only I got a digimon." Alyssa stated, looking down at Gigimon and picking him up.

Gigimon jumped off her hands and onto her hair, lying on her head. "It's the crest of Imagination, you all are its chosen ones!" He stated proudly.

Alyssa squealed, but Ryan was more distracted by something else.

"Uh, guys! Look over there!" Ryan exclaimed as he pointed toward a direction.

"What is it Ryan?" Madison questioned as she and the others looked to where Ryan was pointing at.

In the distance, there was a town, said town was on fire. Also the town looked familiar to Ryan, very familiar, despite a very differences.

"It's Ponyville!" Ryan shouted as he started running toward it, "We got to help!"

"Onwards partner!" Gigimon cheered on, "Time to save people!"

Alyssa smiled, "Okay, let's go." She said, gripping her now real digivice.

Ryan and Madison ran forward, Alyssa following afterward. Leaving Daniel behind in his lonesome.

"Hey, wait up! I'm responsible for you all!" Daniel said as he started giving chase.


Twilight Sparkle, holder of the Element of magic, rushed toward crowd of panicking ponies. The purple unicorn looked around, parts of the town was on fire, all because of a strange monster. This monster flew overhead, and at first it looked like some sort of dragon, but immediately ruled out of favor when she saw feathers of some sort. This bird creature blew flame out of its mouth like a dragon, and sent the wooden houses aflame.

"Everypony listen to me! We have to get rid of those flames! Pegasi collect clouds and make them rain, Earth ponies and Unicorns collect buckets of water and drench the fires out! Go, go, go!" Twilight took control as the ponies around her scrambled to do what she ordered.

Rainbow Dash flew over head to a group of Pegasus, "You heard what she said! Clouds on the double!" She exclaimed as she and the pegasi flew into the sky above and collected batches of rain clouds. Pushing them down to Equestria, covering over the roaring fires below.

"Make it rain!" Rainbow shouted as she bounced on her clouds.

The rain clouds started pouring down water in mass, lowering down the fires to a more manageable level in which the Earth ponies and Unicorns managed to drench them down to only smoke.

Applejack threw her bucket full of water on the late living flame, before dropping it, "Good job everypony!" She shouted, cheers erupting from the success of the group effort.

Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy met in a group meeting only a few minutes later.

Twilight started the conversation, "Okay, did anypony get a clear view of that fire bird creature?"

"I did... Mostly... " Fluttershy answered.

"I did too! It had lots of red flame for hair!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, hopping up and down.

"It had yellow feathers, and a very mean looking red beak." Fluttershy commented.

Applejack spoke up, "Something fishy is going on here."

Twilight agreed, "I agree, something has been up since that magical disturbance."

Her friends looked to her in confusion, "Magical disturbance?" They all questioned.

Twilight nodded, "An hour or two before the fire incident, I sensed a great magical disturbance echo across all of Equestria-"

Rainbow Dash interrupted, "You can sense a disturbance throughout all of Equestria?!"

"Well of course she can," Rarity said, "She is the most talented unicorn in Equestria, and a holder of the Element of Magic!"

Twilight flushed, "Anyway, I sensed many pockets of magic echo from all over Equestria before closing as abruptly as they appeared. After that, the fire bird appeared and attacked Ponyville. I don't really have enough information to say what exactly we're dealing with. I need more research." She finished her explanation.

"Um, Twilight..." Fluttershy spoke up.

Pinkie Pie was ecstatic, "Woohoo! Look! New ponies are in Ponyville! Well they aren't really ponies, but still! Hello! Welcome! Sorry about the mess!" She said, waving her hoof.

Twilight looked toward whatever direction everypony else was looking at, "What are you girls talking about- Oh dear, this may be more serious than I thought."

A small human child, with a light red skin tone and messy brown hair, had a look of awe and excitement on his face. "Oh my goodness it's you! Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! It's Twilight and her friends!" the boy squeled in excitement as he bounced around with Pinkie Pie.

"Yeah, it's us! How you doing!" Pinkie Pie cheered as she bounced around with the small boy.

Another human child followed, a little older, female, and dark brown skin, looking them with a excited expression as well, "This day is awesome! Wow!" She said.

Two more humans, older, boy and girl with more white toned skin approached them in both protective stances and worried expressions, before the oldest female breathed a sigh of relief at identifying them.

Twilight first replied completely worried, "No, no, no, no! You four shouldn't be here! Tell me there aren't more of you! Tell me!"

The oldest boy answered her, "There aren't any more of us?" He said in confusion.

"What's going on Twilight, what are these creatures?" Applejack replied.

"They're humans that's what!" Rainbow Dash surprisingly answered, "I read about them when they were mentioned in the Daring Doo books," She said with a sheepish grin.

"First time for everything." Rarity commented, "And I have to say, the fabric of which those clothes were designed in stunning. But can't say much for taste." Rarity both complimented and insulted.

The oldest girl, with short blonde hair, spoke in reply, "Thanks? I guess?"


"I'm Daniel," The oldest introduced, "These are my friends, Alyssa, Madison, and finally Ryan." He said, identifying each human child with a point of his finger.

Alyssa pointed to a red hat on her head, "And this is Gigimon, my digimon partner."

"Sup!" Gigimon exclaimed, revealing it was actually a living creature.

"How did you get here?" Twilight worriedly asked.

"Why are you so upset?" Fluttershy questioned.

"Because humans shouldn't be in our world, they should be in there own. Something bad must have happened to the Realm Balance!"

"Realm Balance?" Everyone and Everypony questioned in confusion.

Pinkie Pie suddenly popped besides Twilight, "Might want to take this a bit slow, but first! We'll have a transition too your treehouse!"


Alyssa had a confused expression on her face, so far everything was going just dandy. Not only had she gotten a digimon partner, became a digidestined, and was a chosen one for her very own crest. Well, almost her very own, her friends were chosen too. But that's okay! She wouldn't have it any other way.

But now Twilight Sparkle, The Twilight Sparkle from that My Little Pony show Ryan loved so much, was panicking because they were even here in the first place.

Something about Realm Balance, bad stuff, and more panicking.

It worried Alyssa a little, but she has Gigimon, and Gigimon will protect her from anything! Cause that what digimon do, they protect their partners as the partners give them super powers to digivolve!

'Only... I don't know how to have Gigimon digivolve besides being in danger...' She realized in her thoughts.

Okay, so, there was some reason to panic.

Alyssa, her friends, partner, and Twilight's friends, watched in curiosity as the purple unicorn pulled out a large scroll. Which she unfolded on a table to reveal a large picture, and some strange unintelligible writing.

"This is the Realm Balance," Twilight began, "There is the Magic realm, our realm." She said pointing a hoof at all her pony friends, "And then there are other realms, like the human realm where Daniel and his friends came from. But there is also the Ghost realm, where ghost of a unknown origin live, Aura realm, where creatures harnessing the energy of aura live, and then the digital realm, where beings of code are said to roam." Twilight stated, looking at them all.

Twilight's horn lit of with magic, and some glowing lines appeared around each realm, yet also interconnected with one another. "Each realm is connected, if something bad happens to one realm, it can affect all of them. Yet each realm has its own level of protection, preventing one realm and another from communicating with each other normally, as well as giving a level of resistance against minor realm changes. Meaning if a minor change, say a small island vanishing into the sea, happens. It will not affect the other realms."

"Normally, only a very select few from each worlds have the power to even make a line of communication and information, let alone transportation of four living beings!" Twilight exclaimed.

Everyone nodded to show they were listening.

"So," Daniel started to say, "What does the problem mean if we're in your realm instead?"

"It means something is very wrong!" Twilight shouted as if they would know.

Madison and Ryan both said, "Like what?"

She was speechless, her mouth sputtering over gibberish words before calming down and saying, "I... Don't know..."

Rarity came and comforted Twilight, "Twilight, you should keep calm. I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to think over this and come with a solution."

Applejack agreed, "Yeah sugercube, besides, these humans need a place to stay. I got a empty barn they can stay in. As long as they don't mind all the hay."

Alyssa smiled, "We don't, thank you."

"Yeah, thanks farm pony!" Gigimon thanked as well.

"Aw shucks, it was nothing." Applejack stated, "Now come with me, and we'll get you all set up in the barn at my farm. Until this all blows over at least."

Twilight whispered something Alyssa barely caught, "If it all blows over..."