• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 945 Views, 17 Comments

M.L.P .hack// Xth Vol 1 Awaken - GundamBrony



When a new danger rise from Equestria, a new pony with a empty memories must fight the new dangers while at the same time, with his friends, to recover of his memories of his past........

  • ...
3
 17
 945

Night

Darkness......that he could ever felt. Everything is blacken by this event. Suddenly his mind starting to recover something........but unfortunately what he got is only a fuzzy and a fragments of it. Then he remember something, the timberwolves tried to attacked him but he fought back using this 'Data Drain' power from the book, then everything blackout but not hearing the girl's voice.

'Now your destiny begins...........'

A hollow noise stirring him from his deep sleep as he open his eyes, he found himself wearing the strange clothes that gave him from the book. Although soaked wet a bit, he ignore and examined his area. It was a cave, like those mountain caves that he recognize of rock formations that form spikes and dripped of water that he can hear from a mile away as darkness blacken half of the cave. He rubbed his head to ease of the pain and starting to think.

Where am I now? Who saved me? And to most important, why did I hear that girl's voice before? That book that I founded.......he paused to realize that the book is gone as he look around to see if anyone founded along with him, but so far no luck.

"Ah man, I lost that book........that book is something that can unlock my past........and now it's gone........." he slump down in disappointed then changed his mood.

"But, I wonder..... who saved me?" he muttered to himself. If somebody saved me, then that must mean there other kinds here. he thought about it. Unnoticed from behind him, a purple mist swirl from behind him as once it made contact to him, John shot up his head and quickly turn from behind of this and saw the purple mist. He jumped out of the way and readied his right arm to drain that mist.

Suddenly, a voice was heard from it. "Don't worry......I'm not going to hurt you."

He found that 'mist' has a voice of a young female, but still readied his right arm. "Who are you?! Are you trying to kill me?!"

"If I did, then you wouldn't be here. I'm just a friend to you." she said swirl around him, still holding his glare at it but then soften his eyes a bit and lower his right arm a bit.

"There, that's wasn't so bad. I'm admitted that I never seen a Alicorn stallion before in Equestria" she hissed a bit in remarked.

"Alicorn? So that's what I am?" he examined his new body in which something happen to him. Bluish flames consumed his clothes until nothing left. He felt that in his mind he want to changed back and it did. He furrowed his eyes on the purple mist. "And what's this Equestria?"

"Well to answer one at the time, Alicorn are the highest of the royal families and the most powerful ponies of all of Equestria. However there were only mares that took upon the titles of 'Princess' so far and not even a sight of a stallion who take upon of 'Prince'....until now." 'she' explained to him "As for the second one, it's a land inhabited by not only ponies but other mythical creatures."

He sat on his haunches and began to think a bit. So I'm like the first and the rarest of the Alicorn families and this Equestria is where I was. If so, then.......how did I become it? And do I had a family that came from the royal families?

Decide to question more, he shaking off of his mental thoughts and asked in a soft tone. "So what's your name?"

"I'm only a fragments of what I used to be. You can say I'm a princess. Princess Night." she said as a glow, the mist now transformed into a hazy mist figure. It was hard to figure out the detail of her. For her body is a full grown mare but only see is a black mist along with purple outline onto it. The head is the difficult to see, her muzzle is only with the visible purple light and her eyes is only glowed in a torque color. Her 'mane' flows with purple colors spectrum that flows with stars a bit yet a black spectrum was also visible including her tail. But was surprise is a black colored moon mark on the behind of her rear legs.

"I'm John. At least that was my memories said." He looked away in deep sadness. "If I had memories of who am I........"

"John.....A unusual name for you. So you said that you had a amnesia?" she asked him in a curiosity tone.

He began to pounder his thought. "Well I guess you say that..........all I know is that I woke in the middle of a forest and there was a book that for some strange reason, I felt that I had to hold on to it. Once I build a campfire, I was attacked by these timberwolves and by using the book from a girl that I heard in my mind, I gain a power known as Data Drain." He showed his Data Drain arm as it glows with strange power. The star then recolor into pink and the halo rings surrounded the star also had now become green along with aero wings that sprout around it.

Night take a close look at this, interesting of this new power. "I felt a masses of power surging through that arm, but a dangerous side effect of it."

Side effect? That new power that I used has a side effect? he thought about it as he remember of the time that he collapse to the lake. Somehow every time he used it, it brings him to a comatose, faint from his battle and might do the same if he kept using it from upcoming battles. He take a glance of his Data Drain arm which dissolved into nothingness and sighed at this.

"Well, I guess I'll handle that on my own then." he replied then a thought came through him. "So tell me Night, why I'm here in Equestria?"

Night close her eyes before open it back. "Perhaps I may called you for a reason. Do you know why I'm no longer a complete pony?" he shook his head. "Well it all start when I ruled in a place called Canterlot, the capital of Equestria........"


Meanwhile in Ponyville, after the tremor stopped, all of the ponies peek out of the door to see only the place is discorded. Buildings stood there broken, stood even fall down as well as carts too with items laying on the ground. Ponies began to murmurings of this event; some think that the Diamond Dogs had to something with it, others think that it was a prophecy of the end of the world. While there are some trying to calm them down, some feeling frighten by this. Some even told it might something to do with the anomalies that happen here. With the ponies began to panicking around of this, one of them, Mayor Mare tried to calm them down. So far it was useless as ponies began to running around crazy and each of them kept saying again and again,

"That's means that we're going to die!"

"What we going to do?!"

"No! I don't want my life to end!"

"What about our foals and fillies?!"

At this state of panicking ponies, Mayor Mare banged his head on the wall. "Oh what am I going to do?" she muttered as she saw something coming down to her.

"Oh thank goodness your here, Twilight! Those ponies are going on a panicking spree due to the Equequake tremor! I tried to calm them down but.......", her sentence was interrupted with a hoof touching her shoulder as Twilight nodded at this as if she can read her mind, nodded.

She then readied her horn, now envelop in a pinkish glowed. "All right everypony! STOP!" With a blast that freeze the panicking ponies into the place, everything is in silence. All of them looked at the princess with confusion. "Everypony listen! The world isn't ending. Whatever caused the Equequake isn't nature and the Diamond Dogs aren't responsible of this. Me and my friends are going to find out what caused it."

With some at doubts of this, most of them calmed down and felt that there was hope that the Princess may find the answer to this strange phenomenon. Then the spell wear off as they now headed to fixed up the town. Twilight sighed at this outcome. First this strange anomalies and now a unknown Equequake happen here. What's going on here in Equestria? she pounder of her thoughts.

"Thank you, Twilight." Mayor Mare's voice cut out of her mental thoughts. "Those ponies are being paranoid a bit ever since of their missing friends or family members gone missing. Have the princess report of anything strange beside the Equequake?"

"Not that I know of. Sorry." she replied.

"It's okay, but I'm glad that you and your friends are still here." she returned with a reassure smile before heading back to the town square.

Twilight smiled a bit but still changed her mood when hung her head a bit. That Equequake isn't just naturally......I sense something from the Everfree Forest..........a dangerous.......power........yet familiar............ She then look at the skies of the clear clouds to cleanse of her worries.

"Twilight!!" a familiar voices was heard as she turned and saw her friends rushing to her side. She smiled at them ; at least none of them got hurt from the tremor.

"We're so glad that your safe." Rarity said, wiping a sweat off her forehead.

"Yeah, that quake caused so much damage to Sweet Apples Acres." Applejack said. "All of our property and our stuff just tumbling down like a herd of stampede!"

"Oh, and even the animals gotten frighten by it!" Fluttershy added with a hint of worries. "Oh, I tried to calmed them down so much."

"Girls, that quake wasn't natural." Twilight said, getting surprised looks from them. "What ever caused it wasn't the Diamond Dogs from before. They're too dumb to do something like that. I sense a dangerous power from it. Not just any magic but something familiar yet dangerous."

"Really, and what you make think that this power is familiar?" Rainbow asked with a hint of impatience.

"Well for one thing...........it's like the elements of harmony." Twilight replied which the others were in silence. There was a power that was the same as the element of harmony?

Just before they could ask further, they saw a group of beavers headed to them. Fluttershy then asked them with a hint of worries. "Oh dear what's wrong?"

The beaver chatter like crazy but thanks to her talent of understanding animals, she can understand them well until she gasped at their story.

"Fluttershy, what's wrong?" Twilight asked.

"The Timberwolves! Something happen to them! Saying that a pack of them was turned into stones!" Fluttershy replied caused them be surprised.

"What now those beast needed our help?! Those thing really tried to skin us, remember?!" Rainbow exclaim.

"Still their animals, it's only natural they do in the nature and we can't ignore an animal in danger. C'mon, we better go see this." With that the others followed the beavers to the scene of the event.


"I ruled together with the three princess in Canterlot to assure the peace and harmony to all of the citizen of ponies. The three princess were like my sister and we become a great family with love and care. We wield the defense against any evil entities, the elements of harmony, the one that keep the peace of the balance of Equestria and spread the magic of love and hope to it. The two princesses, which they're loving sisters, have the power to raise the sun and the moon while a new princess who also a student to the princess of the sun, train to learn of her new status, and I had the power to give life to the nights of Equestria. Sadly to say.........everything changes for us." she explained with a hint of sadness. "The three princesses were on the lust for order and power and want to abuse the elements of harmony because of their obsessions. I tried to reason with them but their obsession have blinded their clear judgement, so I decide to fight them back and protect the elements of harmony, but it wasn't enough. Because of my betrayed, they destroyed my body causing me to take the form of a hazy mist and exile me from Canterlot. I found refugee here in this cave and prayed the stars to find a savior to reclaimed back the kingdom and stop the three princesses from ruling with an iron hoof."

John mouth agape at this story. To think this princess want to keep peace here in Equestria and she was betrayed by the three evil princesses that she almost made her like a family. And she prayed from the stars to find a savior to help save it. Could that savior be.......me?

"Can't you use your magic to recreate your body?" he asked.

"I'm afraid it won't work like that. To use a spell to create or recreate a body for them or yourself can be very dangerous that it'll destroyed your own life once used it." she shook her head with a hint of disappointment.

"Oh " He slump his head in the same mood as her. "I'm sorry I asked that....."

"Don't be......." she cupped his chin to let her torque eyes gaze at his azure eyes. "There is a way for me to recreate my body. The elements of harmony have unlimited supply of magic. If you can bring them here to me, we can start the procedure to reclaim my body back and take back Canterlot. Except......"

"There at the castle right?" he dare to asked in which she nodded.

"Don't worry, I'll help you reclaim your body back and take back Canterlot." he assure him with a eyes of determination causing her to be surprise as he continue to speak. "If your the reason that I'm here in Equestria, looking for a savior, then I'll be the savior that everybody needs!"

She then embrace him which he returned it. "Thank you, John. Your valor is very inspiring to all of ponies." Unnoticed to him, her eyes are in a deep sorrow and a familiar darkness crept inside her eyes, but yet grunted to hold it.

"Yeah, your welcome. I just felt that I had to help." he replied.

They both let go of their embrace as John looked to his right arm. "But in order to do that, I'll need to use my power wisely. And some weapons if we're going to get back Canterlot."

"I see," she understand of this and pounder before she replied "If that's the case, I'll be your teacher to help with your new power. Judging that you don't know of ponies society, you'll need to learn some spells that can help with you." He nodded at this. "I can even give half of my power to you so you can find it useful to your power."

"Thanks Night." he nodded at her then suddenly she shot her head up. As if she sense something. "What's wrong?"

"Stay put." that all she said before she turned herself into her mist form and few away, leaving him confused.


As the ponies now gallop to keep up with the beavers who lead the way to find the timberwolves stones, they found a campfire that was unattended as they put out the fire quickly before it spread around the forest. With that the resume to follow the beavers to the incident.

"Twil, do you think that who ever was camping here, might had to do with the strange quake?" Applejack asked.

"I can't be sure, but we need more facts to find out who and why." she shook her head. With that the finally reach to the scene of the incident at the large lake. They look around and gasped at the stone turned timberwolves, seeing the pieces now starting to break down and crack.

"Oh mah stars!" was all that Applejack said as she touch the stones.

Fluttershy embrace Rarity, shedding a little tears of this. Sure those animals are dangerous but they're still a living being and don't deserve to be encased of stones.

"Do you think that a cockatrice might had to do with it?" Rainbow asked.

"It's impossible for a cockatrice to turned them into stones in one day. They're very afraid of them and usually run away from them.", Twilight explain in which Rainbow pout a bit. "It's more than they just turned into stones.......I can't even sense life from them as if......they're were drained by somepony or some else."

Then she saw something that caught her eye. A book was laid on the grass. She levitate to it and turn a few pages of it.

"What's a book doing here, darling?" Rarity asked as the others came to her side, curious of what she found.

"Strange.....this book is empty....." Twilight muttered.

"Empty.....you mean like this book is blank?" Pinkie asked in which she nodded and showed them to it. The others were confuse by this blank book.

"But what's a book doing here?" Fluttershy asked as Twilight closed her eyes to think of it; then she open her eyes once she thought of it.

" I don't know but we should bring it to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna so they can figure out of it."

The girls nodded as they now headed out of the forest, unnoticed that Night, in her mist form, heard everything from hidden in the water as she slither away to the cave.


Meanwhile, John was sleeping on the wall, waiting for Night to come, as he dive into his dream, he found himself in a empty void of darkness. He begun looking around for a sign of a light but so far nothing. Then he heard another voices.....this time it was that of three young boys.........

"The World and all of its wonder; this is my world, you see......"

"I have a feeling that the key to it is somewhere in......The World"

"There's only one thing that's real about the world! And that's us the players!......"

Who are these voices.......there're so.......familiar........as if..........I known them........but why........his thought asked as a blur of lights appeared and taking forms of three bipedal beings. One of them clad in grey robes and tattoos on his face and holding a staff, the other one clad identical to the one he use but has red clothing and belts on the hip and carried twin daggers, and the final one has red eyes, a shaggy silver hair, an exposed midriff, wears black leather wardrobe, and has decorated wave tattoos and the mark on his face are lighting bolt shaped. He also holds curve shaped daggers that has sharp tips, giving of a saw shaped.

"Who......" he asked before another voice echo to him. The same young girl's voice.

Tsukasa........

Kite.........

Haseo...........

Before he can asked them, a blinding light flashed and consume everything, even the young boys. "Wait!" that was the only thing he said before everything engulf by the light.


"John........John.......wake up......." said a voice, shaking him from his slumber as he open his eyes, he saw Night, sat down with him.

"Night......" he groggily said, tried to sat on his hunches. "You came back......"

"Yes, I was patrolling to see anypony found us; Luckly that they didn't found us but instead they found a book and three timberwolves stones." she explained, causing him to shot his head up at it.

"Someone found my book and the timberwolves statues?!" he exclaim by it, but lower his head down a bit with a sad smile. "Guess that means it's my fault then."

"What do you mean?"

He then showed her Data Drain arm once again to her. "I've taken a life away. All because of I was scarred. Scarred of dying without the reason to do it. And now they going to label me as a 'murder'."

She then saw so much sorrow in his tone that he spoke. John, a rare and amnesia alicorn colt, take a life away from a being. All because of them chasing him due their predator nature. She then place her misty legs and hug him, cause him to surprise by her but return it to her.

"What you did isn't your fault. You were scarred and just woke up with a amnesia. We all had to fight to defend ourselves and those close to us. Even if it'll scar us in our hearts and never heal us." she explained to him.

He look to his Data Drain arm, which dissolve back to nothingness, then clench his hoof. "I guess your right. Thanks."

She smiled at him as they both let go of their embrace. "Get some rest. We'll train by tomorrow so you can use your power properly."

He nodded as he laid on his back and close his eyes, he began to softly snore, falling into a deep sleep. As for Night, she then grunted at if she was in pain as once he was fast asleep, she then released a reflection mist form of herself, except that it has red eyes instead of the torque eyes and look menacing.

"So according to plan, Night?" it hissed at her, taking the form of her but vile. "We can use him so we can resurrected ourselves as one being. The one that she abandon us due to the elements of harmony wielders. And the plan to use one of them to lead our forces to conquer Equestria yet foiled by them again. After all you still hold a grudge of what they did to you, isn't that right, Night or should I say, Nightmare Moon."

"Yes, but do we need to use him? He's just a young colt with no memories of who he is and why he came here. I had to put a lie to his head because of you told me too. Sure I have a score to setter with them, but he changed me, never seen me as most ponies fear me, The Mare of the Moon." she argued back at it, keeping her voice low, then a surge of lighting flashed at her causing her to grunted in pain.

"You dare question me?!" she hissed at her. "Is it because of Luna's emotion got into you, the elements of harmony's friendship onto you, or him with the unbroken care?! You will not question your dark half, Nightmare Moon!!!"

After lower the surge off, her mist form was covered in singes and burn marks, still grunted of the pain. Then the dark mist came to her with a glare. "You will use him so you and I can be complete. You do want for your forces do you?"

She then take a glance at him, still in his prone form, sleeping then back at it. "Yes."

With that, the dark mist then being absorbed back into her 'body'. She then take one more glance at him and sighed. John.......if you understand who I really am.......will you able.........to end me......?

Author's Note:

So with John learned of being here in Equestria, what he'll do now to defend it? What's going to happen now? That's for you to find out on the next chapter.