• Published 5th Jul 2014
  • 3,023 Views, 151 Comments

Young Love - Gleaming



Sweetie Belle and Button Mash try to express their feelings, romance and hilarity ensues.

  • ...
14
 151
 3,023

Babs' Visit + The Cultivation

Babs' Visit + The Cultivation


[/hr]

The train arrived into the Ponyville Train Station, as the train came to a complete stop on the tracks. ''You have now arrived at Ponyville, if this is your stop you must depart from the train. Everypony else who is coming on train, all aboard who's coming aboard!'' The train conductor announced, he checked his golden watch for the departure time and walked back in the train ---- while ponies started to fill the train.

A filly stepped out of the train, as the train's doors closed and left the station for the next stop.

Babs Seed's Cutie Mark Crusaders cape draped over her back as she made her way away from the train station. She galloped from the train station and walked through a huge crowd of ponies, to go meet her cousin.

It's been a long time since Babs Seed was in Ponyville, though it wasn't a memorable experience at first. Overcoming bullying in Manehattan was almost a difficult challenge for her, but thanks to the help of the friends that she made there, she found the courage to deal with it by telling an adult or finding ways to handle it herself. One thing that she has learned in her life is, stand up for what's right and don't let anypony bring you down.

After she left the train station, she saw Sweet Apple Acres as her eyes looked all around the apple orchard. This visit gave her the time to reflect on her life, and correct any mistakes that she made in said life.

She knocked on the door, waiting for a response.

A yellow cream-colored filly made her downstairs in a hurry, she opened the door and embraced her cousin in a hug. ''Babs!'' she said, wrapping her hooves around her.

''It's good ta' see ya too, cuz'. How's your life been in Ponyville, since the last time we saw each other?'' Babs addressed, thinking about what to say next.

''Life has been pretty good for me an' the other Crusaders, is life in Manehattan treating you well?'' Apple Bloom asked in a puzzled tone, hoping to get an answer from her cousin.

Gasping for air, Babs' face turned red from the pressure of the hug. She replied, ''Manehattan is treating me very well, I've overcome the bullying fiasco, and now I made some friends that are joining the Cutie Mark Crusaders' Manehattan Branch!''

Apple Bloom released her hug, jumping around in a circle excitingly. ''That is good news, Babs!''

''Can I talk to you about something?''

''You can talk to me about anything, what do you need to talk about?''

''It's about Sweetie Belle and Button Mash. Button Mash is a colt who plays a lot of video games and it's almost like a hobby than an obsession, so I need your advice to help both of them.''

''Ah' don't know much about romance, but I could give you some advice.''

''Thanks, Babs.''

Babs explained to Apple Bloom about the basics of romance and how to portray it correctly. If it is done incorrectly, only disaster can come out, the best way to avoid it is to ensure that everything goes well. Treating the couple with respect, while at the same time, giving them their privacy to convey their emotions.

''Now, do you understand?'' Babs asked, pointing to her diagram representation of love.

''Ah' sure do, maybe you could talk to Button Mash? But, don't tell him that the letter was Sweetie Belle's invitation to the park or that I sent it to him, okay?''

''You got it, cuz'!'' Babs ensured confidently, making her way from the property to Button Mash's house.


[/hr]

A brown colt vigorously played on his JoyBoy, when a cream-colored mare walked into the room. ''Button, you've got mail!'' she held the letter out to her son, waiting for him to grab it.

He was too preoccupied with his new game to pay her any attention at all.

''I'll just leave the letter right here.'' she placed the letter down on the floor near him, leaving the room soon after.

Button's bloodshot eyes were glued to the TV and the controller, staying focused on defeating the final boss. His controlled hero in shining armor, slayed the evil demon with his sword to strike one fatal blow, the demon dematerialized into oblivion.

''Yes, I finally beat him!'' Button rejoiced with joy, he put the controller down and grabbed the letter.

He read each word of the letter carefully, his face turned a crimson red. His propeller hat whirled around in a circle, trying to hide his embarrassment.

A knock was heard at the door, Babs Seed waited behind the door. Button Mash walked up to the door and opened it, looking at the young filly in shock. ''And who pray tell, are you my fair maiden?''

''Ah'm Babs Seed, you must be Button Mash, correct?''

''The one and only, also the Ponyville Gaming Champion for two years running.'' Button boasted, pointing to his golden controller trophy.

''Of course you are.'' Babs rolled her eyes and giggled.

''So what brings you here to my humble abode?'' Button questioned, he raised an eyebrow.

''I came here to ask you something. Do you know the first thing about romance or going on dates?''

''I've been on a few dates with Sweetie Belle, we've been trying for weeks to show how we feel about each other, but to no avail.''

Babs tapped her chin curiously until an idea came to mind. ''Are you going to show up to the park tonight to meet your secret admirer?''

''Of course,'' Button took out his schedule from his saddlebag before continuing, ''I'm free tonight, I'll make sure to be there.''

''Good, you're probably wondering why I asked that question to begin with?'' Babs delayed her reaction.

''Yeah, but maybe I'll see you ther---'' Babs kissed him on the nose, losing his train of thought.

''Maybe you will, nice meeting you.'' she left the residence, leaving Button standing there motionless.

''Mommmmm, I got a date with a secret admirer tonight!'' Button exclaimed, walking back inside the house and closing the door.

''You should get yourself ready then, make sure to have fun when you go on the date!'' Love Tap suggested. Maybe I should be there to chaperone his date. she thought to herself, giggling.

Author's Note:

Thank you all so much for sticking by me with another story that I made, you'll be surprised when you see the next one I have planned!

Like I said before, I'm going to release the chapters frequently. The end is near!

Enjoy!