• Published 26th Jun 2014
  • 4,102 Views, 103 Comments

Sunset's Locked-On Love - 00RaiserGundam



Realizing their feelings for each other was only just the beginning. Now, the newly crowned princess Sunset Shimmer, and Lockon Astros will have to travel together down a new path that neither one has taken before on their own; The path of love.

  • ...
23
 103
 4,102

Healing Past Wounds & Helping Scars Fade

Sunset Shimmer was back in Canterlot. She was visiting Moondancer and they were telling each other all about their adventures since they last saw each other, including how Sunset just recently settled into her new house.

"They all did a spittake on hearing that?" Moondancer asked Sunset when they got to the part about how Lyra and the others took the news that Moondancer was dating Flash Sentry. "All four of them?!"

"Not just those four." Sunset giggled. "Twilight even did one herself. Though I am sure that was more out of surprise at the fact that this was FLASH SENTRY we were talking about."

"I wouldn't put it past her." Moondancer said as she poured both of them some tea. "After learning what you told me, Lyra and the others about that world beyond the mirror, I wouldn't be surprised if Twilight finds anything having to do with ANY Flash Sentry awkward."

Sunset just giggled at that remark before taking a sip of her own tea.

"So, how have you and Flash been doing?" She asked Moondancer. "How are things going?"

"Oh, things are going really well." Moondancer answered with an eager smile. "On our last date, after Flash treated me to dinner, we watched the sunset on the hills in the park. And we had our first kiss under the moonlight."

"That's wonderful to hear." Sunset smiled. "Just know, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on in case-"

"It's OK, Sunset." Moondancer interrupted her. "I will come to you and the girls IF that happens, WHEN it happens. Though I do appreciate your concern for me."

"Sorry about that." Sunset apologized with a sheepish smile while rubbing the back of her head with her hoof.

"So, how are you and Lockon doing?" Moondancer asked her. "I for one am glad that he found himself a special somepony."

"Oh, things are going great." Sunset replied. "We haven't really done anything beyond kissing, but I am willing to take it slow. You have to understand. I want this relationship to last."

"You really do love him." Moondancer swooned. "I can already hear those wedding bells ringing."

"Keep dreaming, Moondancer." Sunset chuckled. "I don't think we're even halfway to that point yet." Then she looked at the clock. "Oh, I'd better go. I'm gonna go surprise Lockon at the castle. Give my best to Flash."

"Will do, Sunset. See ya later." Moondancer responded as Sunset walked out the building.

When Sunset got to the Castle she could not find Lockon anywhere. The only pony she did bump into was Princess Celestia.

"Oh, Princess, I'm so sorry." Sunset apologized and bowed. "I should have watched where I was going. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Sunset." Celestia smiled sincerely. "And you don't need to be so formal around me anymore. You're a princess now too, remember?"

"Oh…right." Sunset sheepish smiled back. "Anyway, you seem to be in kind of a hurry. Is something wrong?"

"Actually, it's Lockon." Celestia responded. "I can't find him anywhere. I've searched the whole castle. I am getting worried."

"I can help you look for him if you want." Sunset offered. "I was planning on coming here to surprise him with a visit anyway. Why would he not be in the castle?"

"That's because he is visiting the cemetery." Answered a cheeky voice from out of nowhere. Both ponies turned around to find Discord looking at them.

"The cemetery?" Celestia puzzled. "What would he be doing there, Discord?"

"Surely, Celestia, you of all ponies haven't forgotten what day this is?" Discord quizzed her. Then Sunset's and Celestia's eyes widened in realization.

"This is the anniversary of the night of that tragedy…" Sunset almost silently breathed, though Discord and Celestia still heard her.

"How could I have forgotten about that?" Celestia said as she put a hoof to her own face before turning to Discord. "And you didn't tell me this earlier because?"

"I thought he would rather be alone for this." Discord replied. "And I didn't want to say anything that would upset or anger him."

"Don't worry, Princess." Sunset said. "I'll find him, and I'll help him through this." And with that she galloped off for the Canterlot Cemetery.

The cemetery was vast and held an equally vast number of gravestones, but eventually, she found Lockon in front of a certain set of three large grave stones at the base of a great oak tree. Inscribed on the stones were the following names:

Star Sapphire

Jade Glimmer

Sharp Shooter

Sunset found Lockon leaving a large bouquet of sapphire blue roses and forget-me-nots in front of the stones, before standing back up with tears escaping his eyes.

Sunset couldn't stand to see him alone like this anymore. She walked right up to him before asking him in a quiet tone "Want some company?"

Lockon was surprised to find Sunset there after turning around.

"Sunset?" He asked. "How did you find me here?"

"Celestia was worried when you left the castle unannounced." Sunset replied. "Discord reminded her about what today was. I decided to come here to check up on you."

"Discord knew that was today?! How does he know that?!" Lockon said in surprise. "Anyway, I come here every year since that night just to visit them. I try to move on but I just can't seem to do it."

"I'll help you." Sunset said as she hugged him. "You're not alone."

"Thank you, Sunset." Lockon replied as he returned the hug. "I have an idea. Come with me."

Sunset followed him back to the gravestone and stood beside him. Then to her brief confusion, Lockon began talking to the stone.

"Mom…Dad…Sis…" He began. "There's somepony I want you to meet. This is Sunset Shimmer. She's my marefriend, the one I was just telling you about earlier. It's thanks to her that I did not lose myself to my desires to avenge all of you. She was a student of Princess Celestia, just like Twilight Sparkle, and now she's a princess too. She may have had to slap some sense into me, literally, to stop me from making a terrible mistake, but it just proves how much she cares about me. And I love her all the same."

Sunset then gave Lockon an affectionate nuzzle. "Come on," she said, "Let's head back to the castle. Celestia's getting worried about you enough as it is."

"Alright." Lockon replied. And with that they trotted away from the gravestone, out of the cemetery, and back to Canterlot Castle.

When they finally reached the throne room, the first thing that Celestia did was rush over to Lockon and give him an affectionate nuzzle.

"Lockon, I do wish you would at least tell me where you're going instead of just leaving the castle without a word." She said worried.

"Mom, I'm not a colt anymore." Lockon replied in an embarrassed tone. "Besides, I've been doing this every year since you adopted me. I'm sorry to make you worry about me like that, but honestly, sometimes you worry too much. But you'll be happy to know that I am starting to move on."

"I am happy to hear that, son." Celestia nuzzled him again before turning to her student-turned-princess. "Sunset, I can't thank you enough for all of your help."

"It's no trouble at all, princess." Sunset replied with a sincere smile. "Anything to help out a friend or a loved one. Speaking of friends, I'd better get back to Ponyville so Pinkie Pie doesn't make a big deal out of my absence."

"Oh, that reminds me. Before I forget, I'd like to give you this." Celestia said as she magically levitated an envelope over to Sunset. "Go ahead and open it."

When said opened it, she gasped in surprise. "Are these…" She started to ask.

"Yes they are." Celestia replied. "Consider yourself and all of your friends invited to the Grand Galloping Gala which will be held here in two weeks' time. I put fifteen tickets in there. I hope that's enough."

"Oh it is, princess." Sunset eagerly replied. "I'll make sure Twilight and company get theirs. And I already know who I am giving the rest to. Don't worry, we'll be sure to liven the place up twice as good as the Element wielders did at the last one. See you then. I am already getting excited about it and looking forward to it." And with that she headed off to give Moondancer the first two tickets before heading back to Ponyville.

"Me too, Sunset." Lockon called back to her as he saw her gallop away. He thought about how Sunset has always been there for him…always been there to comfort him. She had even helped him move on from that fateful tragedy in his childhood. Now he definitely knew that she loved him and also how much he loved her.

"I can't wait for the Gala either." He told his adoptive mother as he bid her a good night before heading off to his private quarters.

'And I know exactly what I am going to do then and there.' He thought to himself as he retired for the night.