• Published 26th Jun 2014
  • 4,101 Views, 103 Comments

Sunset's Locked-On Love - 00RaiserGundam



Realizing their feelings for each other was only just the beginning. Now, the newly crowned princess Sunset Shimmer, and Lockon Astros will have to travel together down a new path that neither one has taken before on their own; The path of love.

  • ...
23
 103
 4,101

First Date

Sunset Shimmer was riding the express train to Canterlot. At the moment, she was 'nervicited' as Pinkie Pie would say. She was going to be on a date with a certain stallion that she had just gotten together with not too long ago.

Technically, it was not her first date ever. She had dated the Flash Sentry from the other world beyond the mirror. Back then, she was still an ambitious brat who didn't know better and was just using him.

This was her first date since then and she was a better mare now as well as a princess, and this time she was determined not to screw up anything.

She had just gotten through the gates when a familiar pegasus stallion caught her attention.

"Hello there, Princess." Flash Sentry bowed. "Prince Lockon Astros is waiting for you in the gardens. He asked me to escort you there once you had arrived."

"You don't have to be formal around me, Flash." Sunset giggled. "Thanks for the escort."

As they were heading towards the sculpture garden, Flash gave Sunset a playful smirk.

"I always knew you two would end up together." He chuckled. "It's about time one of you made a move."

"You're one to talk." Sunset countered playfully. "You still haven't asked Twilight out on a date."

"For your information, Princess," Flash playfully defended, "I am not into her like that anymore. Plus, I already have a marefriend now."

"You don't say?" Sunset listened on. "Congrats, Flash. Who's the lucky mare?"

"She is this sweet little unicorn named Moondancer. I have a date with her after my shift ends-" Flash said before Sunset cut him off.

"Moondancer?!" She almost exclaimed. "She's a friend of mine. We used to be classmates at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. Wait, are you talking about a mare with red hair, white fur, and a crescent moon with three stars for a cutie mark who wears a blue bow on her tail?"

"That's her." Flash confirmed. "I never knew you two were friends."

"Well, we technically didn't become friends until just a day or two after I came back to Equestria." Sunset admitted, before starting to reminisce. "Back when she, Lyra, Minuette, Twinkleshine, Lemon Hearts and I were still in school five years ago, I had rudely turned down a lunch invitation from them. That was back when I was still an ambitious and power hungry brat. Looking back on it now, I was sure she would never want to see me again after that. So you can imagine how dumbfounded I was when she was the first one of them to forgive me when I apologized to all of them after my return."

"You are lucky to be dating her, Flash." She said after turning back to him. "She is one of the kindest and sweetest ponies I have ever had the luck to be friends with. So you better treat her right, because I do not want to have to see her in tears with a broken heart because of you."

"You have my word as a Royal Guard." Flash said with a deep bow. "May the wrath of you and all the other princesses be my undoing, should I ever go back on that word."

"That's good enough for me." Sunset said with a smile. "Although, all that extra stuff might have been overdoing it."

"Well, you got me there." Flash responded with a sheepish smile. "Anyway, here we are."

Sure enough they had reached an open area of the Canterlot Sculpture Gardens, where Lockon Astros was sitting at a table with two salads prepared by the staff from the castle's kitchen. He saw Sunset and Flash and waved them over.

"Sunset, glad you could make it." He said happily before turning to Flash. "Thanks lieutenant, that will be all. I do believe your shift just ended. Don't you have plans with somepony today?"

"Oh, horseapples! You're right!" Flash exclaimed. "I gotta get going, see ya later you two." And with that he took to the skies.

"Tell Moondancer I said hi!" Sunset called after him.

"Will do!" Flash echoed back as he left the castle grounds.

Lockon and Sunset just chuckled before turning to each other.

"I am glad that he found somepony." Lockon said. "Though, to be honest, I was quite surprised that he got over his crush on Twilight."

"Probably just as well." Sunset replied. "Twilight is still learning about being a princess, she claims. Either way, I think she's already got enough things on her mind without dating being one of them. But, she will come around eventually and find somepony herself. At least I hope she will."

"Oh, I am sure she will." Lockon sincerely replied. "Especially if your friends and Cadance will have any say in the matter."

"I can only imagine how Shining Armor would react to that." Sunset joked. Lockon joined in on her laughter.

After finishing their meals, the pair walked back inside the castle. As they trotted into the main hall, they were greeted by Princess Celestia.

"Hello there, you two." She said with a warm smile. "How was your date?"

"Oh it was great!" Sunset replied with an eager smile.

"I couldn't agree more with Sunset." Lockon added before turning to his adoptive mother. "Though I am sure that comes as no surprise to you, seeing as how you were eavesdropping on us during our kiss the night of her coronation."

"You knew I was there?" Celestia responded with a sheepish smile.

"We also know that Luna, Cadance, Twilight, Moondancer, Lyra, Minuette, Twinkleshine, and Lemon Hearts were with you." Sunset replied with a playful smirk. "Thanks for not ruining our moment back then, by the way."

"It's great to see that both of you are happy." Celestia responded before turning to give Lockon an affectionate nuzzle. "Especially you son. You have no idea how happy it makes me to see that you have moved on from your tragic past."

"Mom…" Lockon said bashfully while blushing. "Well, it turns out all I needed was for somepony to literally slap some sense into me."

"I'm really sorry about that, by the way." Sunset sheepishly apologized to them both. "He was just so lost in his desires for revenge; it was like he was a completely different pony."

"It's ok, Sunset." Celestia replied. "Your heart was in the right place. You did not wish to see a loved one consumed by his own darkness."

"And I am glad you did." Lockon added with a sincere smile.

Soon enough, it was time for Sunset to return to Ponyville, something she had almost forgotten about. The thought of separating after coming together so meaningfully was galling to them both.

"We should do something like this again sometime." Sunset told Lockon.

"I couldn't agree more." Lockon smiled, gently kissing her hoof, while Sunset blushed at this.

Lockon escorted Sunset to the train station, where he, Celestia, Moondancer and Flash saw her off. Sunset gave Celestia a hug before turning to Moondancer and Flash.

"Has he been treating you right?" Sunset whispered into Moondancer's ear as they hugged.

"He has been an absolute gentlecolt." Moondancer replied. "You don't need to be protective of me, Sunset."

"What kind of friend would be if I wasn't every now and then?" Sunset reasoned. "I just don't want to see you happy one day and then heartbroken the next."

"And I am glad that you care about me that much." Moondancer replied. "It just proves what a good friend you are."

"Tell Lyra and the others I said hi." Moondancer added as they broke the hug. "I'm sure they'll want to hear all about their friend's potential future husband."

Lockon and Sunset both blushed intensely at that remark. Celestia and Moondancer just giggled at the site while Flash just smirked while trying to hold in his laughter.

Sunset and Lockon gave each other a quick peck on the lips goodbye before Sunset boarded the train back home to Ponyville just before it left the station.