• Published 26th Jun 2014
  • 4,102 Views, 103 Comments

Sunset's Locked-On Love - 00RaiserGundam



Realizing their feelings for each other was only just the beginning. Now, the newly crowned princess Sunset Shimmer, and Lockon Astros will have to travel together down a new path that neither one has taken before on their own; The path of love.

  • ...
23
 103
 4,102

Moving Out But Staying Close

It was a lovely sunny morning in Ponyville when Sunset woke up.

While having breakfast in the library with Twilight, Spike and Shadow, Sunset decided to tell them all something that has been on her mind for a while.

"Hey, Twilight…" she paused for a brief moment. "I bought my own house."

Twilight and Spike almost immediately did a spit take with their drinks after hearing that.

"You're moving?!" Twilight almost shouted.

"Just hear me out, please." Sunset calmed her down before continuing. "This is something that I have been thinking about for a while now. You've been kind enough to let me live here with you and have a job here for quite some time. I am very grateful that you did, but you and I both know I can't live with you forever."

Twilight nodded in understanding.

"And it's not like I'm moving to a different town." Sunset continued. "I just bought a house right here in Ponyville. That way I can always stay with you and our friends right here in our hometown. I can still keep my job here in the library, right?"

"Of course, Sunset." Twilight replied with a sincere smile. "Tell, you what, we'll even help you and Shadow move in."

"Great." Sunset happily agreed. "And knowing Pinkie, she'll probably throw me a party to celebrate."

"I wouldn't doubt it." Spike chuckled.

So for the rest of the day, Twilight, Sunset, Shadow, and Spike had packed all of Sunset's belongings and moved them to Sunset's new house.

The house itself was not small. On the outside it was at least two stories high, about the same height as the Golden Oaks Library. It had an awning over the front door. It also had windows on the front and sides of the house as well as a balcony you could walk out onto on the side of the second floor.

The inside looked even bigger. In addition to the floors that could be seen on the outside, the house also had a basement underneath the first floor which provided the perfect shelter from heavy winds and storms, and there was also an attic above the second floor.

On the first floor was the living room which could be entered through the front door. There was a stair case leading to the basement. The basement not only had fully functional lights, it even had a desk, a refrigerator, and a bathroom with a door concealing it.

The living room on the first floor had a small couch and a fireplace with a stone hearth. The only other room on the first floor was a kitchen, complete with stove, refrigerator with freezer, cabinets, sink and all other essentials as well as a dining table. There was also a bathroom in the kitchen.

The second floor had one master bedroom, and two slightly smaller bedrooms, all connected to a single hall. The master bedroom had a window opening up to the balcony on the second floor. There was even a large personal bookcase and a small desk with a chair. Both the master bedroom and the slightly smaller guest bedrooms all had dressers, closets, and bathrooms inside them, complete with fully functional sinks and curtain concealed bathtub showers as well as mirrors.

At the end of the hallway leading into the bedrooms was a staircase to the attic. The attic looked slightly bigger on the inside than it did on the outside. And the small window leading it outside made it a good place to look at stars with a telescope from indoors.

With help from Spike and Twilight, Sunset had moved all of her stuff into her new house within the span of only a few hours, including a new food bowl and bed for Shadow.

"Twilight, Spike, I cannot thank you enough for all of your help." Sunset thanked them while petting Shadow on the head. "This really means a lot to me."

"It's no problem at all." Twilight said with a sincere smile. "We're happy for you."

"Although, I am gonna miss having you around." Spike admitted. "I was just starting to get used to having you and Shadow around."

"I'll still come and work at the library from time to time, Spike." Sunset said while ruffling his head spines. "We'll always be friends no matter what."

Soon after Twilight and Spike left to go back home to the library, Sunset realized that she needed to stock up on groceries and get some pet food for Shadow from Fluttershy. So she and Shadow left their new house after unpacking to get their supplies, unaware of the Pink blur that sped off in the opposite direction from a far off distance.

After a little less than an hour, Sunset and Shadow had returned to their house with Sunset holding a couple bags full of food in her magic grasp.

When she opened the door and turned on the lights, she was met by a group chorus of "SURPRISE!!!!" coming from the group that was currently inside.

Twilight, Spike, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Lyra Heartstrings, Minuette, Twinkleshine, Lemon Hearts, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and even Lockon Astros were all there.

"Guys, what are you all doing here?!" Sunset asked in obvious surprise.

"We just wanted to celebrate you moving into your new house." Pinkie Pie said. "Twilight showed us the address and the rest you can pretty much guess."

"And I wanted to surprise you with a visit." Lockon added. "When I ran into the girls and Pinkie Pie told me about this surprise party, I thought what better way to surprise you."

"Awe, you guys are so sweet." Sunset said with a heartfelt smile. Then Shadow tackled Lockon first out of all the ponies other than Sunset and started licking him like crazy.

"Looks like Shadow certainly likes you, Lockon." Rainbow laughed. Almost immediately after she said that, she got tackled and licked next. Everypony just laughed.

Then they all partied on through the rest of the day. Needless to say, Shadow became friends with everypony else. As for Lyra, Minuette, Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts…when they first heard who Moondancer was currently dating…let's just say that those four weren't the only ponies who did a spit take each on their drinks.

Needless to say, Sunset couldn't have been happier right now. She had a coltfriend who she loved dearly, many great friends, a loyal animal companion, and now a house to call her own. She felt so happy; she didn't think anything could make her more so. If only she knew what fortune would eventually have in store for her.