• Published 3rd May 2012
  • 2,412 Views, 46 Comments

Neightendo: Now you're playing with ponies! - MrBrawler18



ponies. Nintendo. ponies playing nintendo.

  • ...
0
 46
 2,412

Chapter 1 Part 1- Maintenence and Distractions

Neightendo-Chapter 1-part 1

“Ugh” (belch), said Spike
As Princess Celestia’s letter said, the mysterious new entertainment device she called a video game as well as enclosed instructions, a big screen to play it on, 4 controllers, and a game as promised arrives. The baby dragon was not amused.
“Oh my, that’s some really big stuff. Are you ok Spike? I thought there would be a lot of objects to send, but I had no idea they were so big! This television has to be at least 40 inches!” said Twilight Sparkle.
(gag) “Next time tell the Princess to use (burp) the mailmare!” replied Spike.
“I’ll make sure to tell her, why don’t you get some rest, that must’ve taken a lot out of you” said, Twilight.
“You don’t have to tell me once, just tell everyone, especially Pinkie, to keep it down” said Spike, and he trudged upstairs to take a nap.

The lavender unicorn used her magic to levitate all of the objects Celestia sent and trotted down to her base where her friends waited anxiously on various fainting couches Rarity brought for the strange new device Twilight told them about.
“Ugh, finally. What took you so long?” said a rainbow-maned blue Pegasus.
“Oh shush Rainbow Dash, we weren’t waitin’ that long” retorted Applejack.
“Sorry about that everypony, I wouldn’t imagine so many parts had to go into this one device. Shall we hook this up”? Said Twilight who chose to ignore Rainbow’s jeer.
“yes, yes, yes! C’mon hook it up I want to PLAY!” Pinkie Pie said excitedly, never being able to sit still on the couch for longer than a second in anticipation of the new toy.
After finally figuring out which plugs went where with some help from Rarity, Twilight finally managed to hook up the grey box with a open flap at the top Princess Celestia called the Neightendo 64.
“um, Twilight?” came a timid voice from across the room.
“yes, Fluttershy?” Replied Twilight.
“um, are you sure this um, thing will work properly? I mean I don’t want it to short out or explode or cause a fire or mffff!”
“It’s alright Fluttershy” said Twilight, taking her hoof out of Fluttershy’s mouth “I’m sure the Princess wouldn’t send us something if it wasn’t completely safe”
“ok” Fluttershy meekly agreed.

“Come ooooooooooon” Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie groaned in unison.
“ok, ok, let’s see” Twilight levitated a box in front of her and opened it and pulled out a small cartridge with a title on it.
“Lemme See! What’s it called, what’s it called?! (shove)” Pinkie Pie snatched the game out of the air accidentally sending Twilight half way across the room.
“hmm (gasp)” said pinkie Pie as she examined the cartridge
No pony has ever seen this happen, Pinkie Pie, the most sugar-happy pony in Ponyville completely and utterly still.
She stared wide-eyed at the game before breaking out into an almost unnatural smile before
“PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTY!”
“ugh, huh, what’d I miss?” said Twilight, finally regaining consciousness.
“Party, party party PARTY!” Pinkie kept exclaiming, showing everypony the game pack, which had two stallion’s in overalls, a mare in a pink dress, a dinosaur, a chubby Stallion with a crooked moustache, and a gorilla standing in a row with the words “Mario Party 2” emblazoned across the top in yellow.
“PIIIIIIINKIE!”

KEEP IT DOWN DOWN THERE!” a tired yet annoyed voice came from upstairs
“oops, Sorry Spike! sorry Twilight, here you go.” Pinkie said as she hastily sat back down.
“Ok, now that Pinkie’s gotten that out of her system-” began Twilight
“doubt that” everypony including Pinkie replied.
-shall we begin?” She finished.
So Twilight used her magic to plug in the 4, Green, Red, Purple, and Blue controllers and magically activated the switch labeled
START