• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 1,031 Views, 12 Comments

My Little Friends: Wish Your Happy Ending - SyforceWinterLight



Faith Summers was just another person who's life was constantly tossed around by cruel fate, and so are her friends. When a freaky storm really turns their life upside down, they find themselves in a place they would never imagine.

  • ...
2
 12
 1,031

To Find Without Trying

The next morning, it was decided between Twilight and Faith that the latter should go to the hospital to check up on her health. While it seemed that she was absolutely fine, the lack of motor skills among other things had worried the lavender unicorn. They decided to check if there were anything else that might be a concern.

Currently they both were at the hospital, in the lobby to be precise. Faith and Twilight sat in a pair of chairs as they waited for the test results. Faith simply tapped her knees, as she felt quite content for herself. Twilight, on the other, looked oddly nervous, as she kept muttering nervous ramblings to herself.

“…oh dear, oh dear. What if those results come back with nothing? Then we might end up having to retake everything! But wait, what if they find something weird and completely alien?! Oh, then they’ll take you for questioning and possibly put on truth serum or something or try to dissect you in your sleep!” was just at least a quarter of the wild assumptions she came up with.

Faith turned to Twilight, now very worried about her new friend’s mental state. “Twilight, relax. I think it’ll be fine. It was just a small test,” she tried to assure her.

“JUST A SMALL TEST!?” The panicking unicorn gripped the other’s shoulders, “Faith, your entire life is at stake here! This isn’t just any trip to the doctor to check your heartbeat and go home with a lollipop! IT is a test that determines your current state and everything that will determine your future!!” at this point, Twilight’s mane had a random loose cowlick spring up.

“Right, my life at stake here,” the white-purple unicorn said in a sarcastic, deadpan tone, “not yours. So why are you panicking as if it was your test?”

Twilight immediately picked up on the tone of her voice and her unamused look, and quickly let go, smiling sheepishly, “Sorry, I panicked. Happens with tests I have.”

“Yeah, I can see that,” Faith chuckled, “Still, I’m pretty sure that everything will be alright.”

“Faith Summers?” a nurse called out as she came in.

“Oh, over here,” Faith waved over.

The nurse walked up to her, holding a clipboard, “Well, the doctor took look at the x-ray and other physical exams. They didn’t find anything wrong with you, at least nothing that comes off as obvious. Anyway, you said that you recently nearly drowned?” Faith nodded. “Well, from where we see it, you’re perfectly healthy. If you feel ill or anything that might look like some kind of symptom, come back immediately, okay?”

“Okay, nurse,” Faith responded, “Thank you, though.” As the nurse walked away, she then turned to Twilight as she hopped out of her seat, who looked a lot more relaxed, “See? Everything's perfectly fine. It was just nothing more than a simple trip to the hosp…”

“INCOMING!”

Faith was interrupted by a sudden shout from down one of the hallways. She and Twilight turned their heads towards the direction, and saw something coming towards them. It appeared to be a bluish gray pony with a messed up blue mane, careening down the hallway in a wheelchair.

His voice also, for some reason, sounded very familiar to Faith.

“HEY!! Get the out the friggen’ way!!” the stallion shouted again.

Faith snapped out of her mini trance to see that the wheelchair coming at her fast. And fear pretty much was making her hooves weigh like lead. She looked to Twilight, who was yelling something but she could make out what she saying. She tried to translate what she was shouting.

Duck and cover, was all that typed into her brain.

She instinctively hit the floor, closed her eyes, and covered her head with her fore hooves, bracing for impact. What happened was against anyone’s expectations.

When the wheelchair hit Faith, it hit her with its wheels first. Having something suddenly in its way caused it to fly into the air, sending it and its rider flying in the air. The pony, now easily identified as a pegasus stallion(1), screamed in surprise as he flew helplessly through the air. He hit ground chest and lower jaw first, and skidded on the floor for a bit before stopping.

Faith, who felt the surprisingly light impact on her body, opened her eyes to see the end result. She saw the wheelchair turned over in one place, and a now moaning stallion ahead of it. As she got up, Twilight hurried to her side.

“Faith! Are you alright??” Twilight asked, panicked.

“I’m fine. It didn’t feel like a hard hit, actually,” she replied, brushing her coat, “How’s our free rider, though?”

The two unicorns walked up the collapsed stallion, who was had his eyes shut and was still moaning.

“Excuse, mister,” Twilight asked, “Are you okay?”

“No,” was the immediate response she got, “who was the asshat that placed a road bump in the middle of a hallway?”

Okay, now why does he sound so familiar? Faith thought to herself.

Twilight winced a bit at the remark, “Well, you shouldn’t have gone joyriding on a wheelchair in a hospital. Somepony could’ve gotten hurt!”

“Oh, someone did get hurt, alright,” the stallion rubbed his head, “this guy. By the way, I was trying to escape, thank you very much.”

Now why does that voice ring so many bells? Faith asked herself, paying no real attention to the conversation.

“Well, you little attempt at early release almost landed my friend here in a bed here!” Twilight argued back, “Now apologize to Faith here.”

“Yeah, sure, whatev…,” the pegasus’s voice suddenly trailed off as he opened his eyes, “Wait, who?”

Faith looked down at the pegasus, who was looking back at her. A pair of very distinct green eyes met her golden yellow ones. The look of surprise covered his face, while a slow twist of realization crept into Faith’s head.

She after all, knew only one person with the same voice and eyes.

“HUNTER?!” she blurted out.

“FAITH!? Holy hell, is that you!?” the pegasus stallion shot straight up on his feet

“Yes!” Faith nodded rapidly twice, “Omygosh, it really is you!”

“We thought we lost you!” Hunter replied, excitement and relief mixed in his voice.

“Uhh…, excuse me?” Twilight interjected, looking a little confuse, “I’m kinda lost here. Faith, do you know this stallion?”

“Oh, right he’s…”

“There he is! Stop him!”

A sudden shout from what looked like a doctor was followed immediately by what could only described as a bunch of hospital staff members attempting a football tackle on Hunter. He could only mutter a ‘oh crap’ before bunch of ponies completely dogpiled him. Faith and Twilight winced as the inevitable occurred. They looked to see a pile of nurses and doctors piling over him.

“Hunter! Are you okay??” Faith shouted into the pile.

A head poked out of the bottom of the pile, “Oww… That. hurt.” He said bluntly.

“Finally got you! I still can’t believe that you went down a flight of stairs in that wheelchair,” one of the ponies on the pile remarked.

“A flight of stairs?” Twilight repeated with a cocked eyebrow.

Hunter smiled sheepishly, “It wasn’t that hard. What, you expected me to run on OW! What’s pulling something at my behind?! Is it a tail? Do I have a tail now!?”

Faith went around the pile to check the back, and was met with an extremely odd sight. There was light blue pony in a hospital gown, tugging a blue tail. Actually, she was biting said tail and growling like a dog. Her mane also looked pretty disheveled.

“The heck…?” was all Faith pulled.

“Faith, what do you see back OW! there?” Hunter called out.

“Ummm well...” Faith called back, extremely hesitant.

“Do I wanna know?”

“No, not really.”

“Finally, there you are,” a doctor came up and dragged the dog like pony away, “Really, how many times has this got to be?”

Faith simply gave a blank look at the pony being dragged while still barking mad. She then saw Spike ran up, who was clearly out of breath.

“Spike, what are you doing here,” she asked as the baby dragon slowed to a halt.

“Phew, give me a sec,” he replied, breathing heavily while holding his knees, “Kinda been running all day. Now where’s…” He caught sight of the dogpile next to him. “Oh well, we got him.”

“Spike, what are you doing here?” Twilight repeated Faith’s question as she walked.

“Oh Twilight, hey there. I was kinda watching this guy, hoping he was okay after we fished his out of the underground lake. When he woke up, he freaked out completely, like he’s never seen a dragon before. Anyway, he jumped out his bed and try to make a beeline for the front door. The doc and I were able to keep up cuz’ he stumbled a lot. But when he got his hooves on a wheelchair, it was almost impossible to keep up him. This guy!” The dragon gave a grumpy huff, folding his arms. “Really! I go through the trouble helping him out of a watery grave along his friends, and this is the thanks I get!? You agree with me, right girls??”

Spike turned around only to be met with a duo of stares. Ones that included shrunken irises, gaping mouths, and speechlessness.

“What?”


“Oh, Hunter! I missed you so much!”

“Yes, Faith I know.”

“I completely felt lost without you and the others.”

“I missed you too. Now please stop hugging me. People are gonna stare, especially since I can’t do it back.”

Faith, who had been hugging her friend for quite some time while her face was rubbing against his, quickly let go and gave a sheepish smile. It was quite understandable, considering he had been tied by the legs with the bed posts.

“Did they really have to tie my goddamn feet to the posts,” Hunter lamented irritably, “all four of them.”

Faith simply shrugged and looked out to the room. On one side, a nurse and doctor were going through what looked like some notes on Hunter. On the other side, Spike was explaining what he had been doing last night to Twilight, whose expressions changed constantly from shock, frustration, and worry.

“And after taking them to the hospital with Rarity and Rainbow Dash, you decided to stay to see if they would be alright?” Twilight said, finishing up a recounting of events that Spike already explained.

“Yup,” Spike simply replied, looking like he just saved a princess.

“And you didn’t think to come to me immediately about this new development?” Twilight eyes narrowed.

Spike’s own expression quickly changed to nervous smiling, “Well, it might have crossed my mind once, but I wanted to make sure they’re alright. I mean, I couldn’t just leave ‘em like that.”

Twilight continued to give a look that crossed irritation and anger. Then she gave a content sigh, “Well, you helped hold down the fort and kept an eye on them.”

Faith walked up to Spike. “Thank you, Spike, for rescuing my friends,” she said, wearing a grateful smile, “I… really didn’t think something like this could happen, and I’m glad to have met you. So, again, thank you.”

Spike rubbed the back of his bashfully, “It was nothing. Well, it’s still a pretty big deal, I guess. I still had help, though, so you should probably thank Rainbow and Rarity as well.”

“I’ll be sure to do that. Hey, Hunter, got something to say?” Faith called back to her friend.

Hunter, who was looking around from his restrained positioned, looked over, “Oh huh? Yeah, thanks, dude. I suppose?”

Faith chuckled at his friend’s hesitation. The doctor finished up his conversation and walked over to the group.

“Oh, Doctor Stable,” Twilight greeted him, “How’s our attempted escapee doing as far of his condition?”

“Hey, I resent that!”

“Well, besides that previous fiasco, it seems that he is in perfect condition,” the doctor told them, “If anything, that incident showed us he’s okay enough after a near drowning incident. We can release him right now, if you wish.”

“Thank you,” Faith thanked the doctor, before something else caught her mind, “Actually, I was wondering. Was there anyo…er, anypony else that had similar conditions and registered at the same time as him?”

The doctor flipped through his notes, “Yes, four others in fact. Your dragon friend here and two others also brought them in last night. We recently got done with examinations, and they all seemed to be in perfectly good condition. Were you thinking about them getting released as well?”

“That would be convenient for us,” Twilight responded, “I’ll handle any paperwork you got. Hey Faith, go ahead of me, while ask the doctor here some much needed questions.”

“Okay, sure,” Faith replied as she started to walk out the door.

“Hey, since I can be let go from this place,” Hunter called out, “Can you, like, I don’t know, untie me!?”

Faith smiled sheepishly as she and the others untied him from him from his bounds.


Faith and Hunter walked in the hallway, following the nurse as she led them to one of the rooms that held one of their friends. Faith had just finished telling the other what she knew so far.

“So, ponies, huh,” Hunter remarked, looking at himself.

“Yup,” Faith simply nodded, before looking down at his hooves, “You already seemed to gotten the hang of walking.”

“Have I?” Hunter lifted a foreleg, then simply shrugged his shoulder, “I guess I just a natural at doing stuff when I’m not thinking too much about it.”

“I could barely walk without Twilight’s help,” Faith chuckled to herself, then thought back on their friends, “So, you think that others will react badly as you did?”

Hunter winced as he was reminded of his early gaffe, “Well, let’s see… Willow would probably more worried about how Maple would take it, as usual. Maple, on the hand, would probably be gushing over every cute thing that comes within ten feet. Or fascinated, take your pick. Indigo… I dunno, would wanna know everyone’s diet. Anything’s possible with the guy.”

Faith made a giggling noise, “It is, isn’t it? What about Raine?”

“Her? Wellllll… I’m drawing blanks here. Criticize everyone’s color choice?”

Faith looked up as the nurse directed the two to one of the doors in the hallway. She looked in smiled. There was a mare on the bed inside, sleeping soundly.

“Why don’t we ask her ourselves?”


“Raine? Raine, are you awake?”

Raine stirred, as the feeling of sleep slowly but surely escaped her body. Her mind was groggy, as she felt she heard a familiar voice.

“Raine? Is it you? Please open your eyes if it is?”

With a little bit of effort, she opened her eyes, and found herself staring at a white ceiling. She quickly realized that she was in a hospital room. She also realized who the voice belonged to.

“Faith, dear? Is that actually you??” she looked forward, expecting to see her friend.

Instead of that, what she did see was a pastel colored, lightly purple shaded white unicorn. That also happened to have a familiar pair of yellow eyes.

“Oh good, you are awake,” the unicorn said with relief, definitely sounding like Faith.

Raine blinked several times to make sure she wasn’t seeing things, “Faith, are you a… unicorn?”

“Oh, yeah,” Faith replied, “It’s kinda of a long story. Or rather, I think it would be one ‘cause I have no idea how this happened.”

Raine was having difficult time believing what was occurring in front of her, “Faith, if that is really you, and this isn’t a dream, is it?”

“Oh, that… well…” before Faith could try to come an answer, several strands of her mane fell in front of her eyes, “Oh, whoops.”

“Oh my, Faith, your locks are all over the place,” Raine said, observing her friend’s extremely disheveled hair, “Come here, let me see I can fix that.”

Faith trotted closer to Raine, as the latter reached out to adjust her friend’s hair. As she did, she saw that her hands had been replaced with a pair of hooves. She recoiled a bit, as she was taken surprised, but a part of her mind already realized that the unexpected just happened. She resumed her attention to Faith, and, much to her own surprise, brushed her mane with ease.

“Thanks Raine,” Faith said gratefully, “I didn’t really get a chance to fix this up. Didn’t realize how messed my hair was.”

“It isn’t a problem,” Raine chuckled slightly, “I’m absolutely relieved that you are okay. Tell me, where are the others? Tell me they are okay as well.”

“Oh, I think their fine,” Faith assured her friend, “Hunter is actually with me at the moment.”

“Our resident athlete? Where is he?” Raine asked.

“He’s outside, dunno why though. Hey, Hunter! Get in here!” the unicorn shouted to the door.

Raine looked at the doorway to see what looked like a bluish gray pony peeking into the room. The green eyes it had made it clear to her that it was indeed Hunter.

“Hunter, for goodness sakes,” Raine spoke first, “What are you doing?”

“Oh, uh…,” Hunter voice sounded very hesitant, “Nothin’, just standing here.”

“Hunter, what is it?” Faith asked.

Hunter poked his head out, looking very worried. “Oh nothing. I just you know, worried.”

“Worried, about what?” Rained asked, now starting to become concerned.

“N-nothing, I mean. You look a lot better than the doc was telling me. Didn’t think any of that … you know, plastic surgery, was gonna help.”

Raine immediately picked up on what he most likely was talking about: her face. It is known among the others that Raine didn’t mind getting dirty to get something done. However, there were two body parts that were considered off limits: her face and her hair.

“Hunter, what are you getting at??” she asked, at the edge of panic.

He pulled out a hand mirror from who knows where and held it out to Faith, “Here, give it to her Faith. Better she see the bad news herself.”

Faith, looking distinctly confused, took it and handed it to Raine. Raine held it up, half expecting to see some kind random stitching in the wrong place or a horrendous scar. Instead, she was met with the image of an equine with a soft round snout staring straight back at her. She had her magenta eyes, a blond mane, and several loose strands of light blue hair sticking out at certain spots. If anything, she looked like a pony version of herself.

“Now, now, don’t need to wear a long face, but in the end, we will still think of your beauty as something from within,” he said with fake, if not sarcastic, pity.

At that moment, Raine didn’t care if she got seven years of bad luck.

She pulled back her arm and threw the mirror out of anger at Hunter. He ducked out of view of the doorway, and the mirror instead hit the wall beyond it and broke into several pieces.

“Bollocking idiot! Don’t ever do that again!” she yelled indignantly.

The only response she got was a roaring amount of laughter coming from the hallway.

Faith simply facepalmed (2), “Well, I probably should have seen that coming.”

“I see that becoming a pony didn’t dampen his bloody sense of idiotic humor,” Raine remarked sarcastically, “Anyway, I guess being one isn’t half bad. If anything, I wonder if my hair is actually a different shade.”

“Good to know your taking this well. Anyway, I’ll go check how the others. A friend I met is gonna get you guys released today. So wait it out until then,” Faith said as she walked out the door.

“Cheers to you, my friend. And it was an absolutely relief to see you again.”


Faith looked at Hunter with the angriest looking eyes she could come up with as the two walked down the hallway, following the nurse to the next room.

Hunter had an amused smile, before looking Faith’s angry expression, “What?” he asked innocently.

“You know what,” Faith replied in an unamused tone.

“Oh c’mon,” Hunter retorted, “It was funny! It’s fun to mess with her!”

Faith simply shook her headed, “Just promise me the next person we find, you won’t try anything dumb.”

“Fine, but I can’t guarantee anything,” Hunter answered with a smug grin.

Faith simply gave a sigh as the two approached the next room.


“Hello, who do we have here?” Hunter asked no one in particular as he went to one side of the bed.

He and Faith found they had been led to a bigger room. It held several beds, with curtains separation each one. They had been directed to one of the middle ones, and were told that another one of their friends was next to it.

“I’m not sure who this is,” Faith said, stepping on the other side of the bed.

The pony in question was a green stallion with an orange mane. He appeared to be still out cold, as his eyes were shut tight.

“You wanna guess if it’s Willow, who’s a light sleeper, or Indigo, his shifty eye-ness keeps throwing everyone off,” Hunter asked his friend.

“Only one way to find out,” Faith shrugged as she approached the unconscious looking pony, “Excuse me, can you please wake up?” she whispered into

The pony in question moved slightly, but failed to open eyes otherwise.

Hunter rolled his eyes, “You’re not getting anywhere doing that.” He got closer to the pony, and put his head next to the left ear.

“HEY, FOOL! RISE AND SMELL THE ROSES!”

Hunter’s shout was extremely sudden and caused Faith to flinch. When she refocused attention to the subject on the bed, she thought she saw something. The eyelids appeared to have quivered slightly. What she did see was that the shut eyed pony looked, if anything, slightly irritated and gritting his teeth.

Hunter apparently must have seen something first, as he started to walk to the feet end of the bed, holding something shiny. “So we’re gonna be playing that game, eh?” He sat on his haunches and held up a pair of metal bedpans.

Faith immediately covered her ears before the thunder ran down.

*CLANG**CLANG**CLANG*

“RING-A-DING-DING, YOU KOALA!”

“AAugh!” The pony in question yelped as he shot up with his back straight, eyes shot open with shrunken orange irises, and hooves plugging up ears. He was giving a look of a distinct mix of shock and anger.

His yell also made it very clear who it was for Faith.

“Willow! Is that you?!” she asked, right before Hunter finally stopped banging the pans with a satisfied, smug look on his face.

“Yes, dammit,” the finally up and awake Willow relied with suppressed irritation, “I was trying to keep my eyes shut all the way through this.”

“Trying to wake up to the land of the two legged, huh?” Hunter remarked.

“Yes, thank you very much,” the annoyed stallion replied, trying to twist a hoof through an ear.

Willow always said that whenever he had a dream wanted wake up quickly from, he would keep his eyes shut all the way through ‘til the end. It he felt it was good method for waking up.

“Well, kinda hard to do that when it’s not a dream to begin,” Faith said with an awkward smile.

“Wait, so does that mean…” Willow turned towards her, and looked at her from head to toe, “…Faith, is that really you?”

Faith had a feeling this was going to be a pattern, “Yup, in the fur and flesh.”

Willow suddenly shot out and hugged Faith from his bed, “Don’t disappear on us like that again,” he said, relieved while retaining his serious expression.

She decided to not move for a bit, “It’s good to see you too.”

“Hey, dude. Guess who’s here as well,” Hunter flailed his arms a bit.

“Shut up, I knew who you were from the moment you entered the room,” Willow replied, in a very snarky manner, before letting go of Faith, “Anyway, where are the others? Where’s Maple??” His voice started to sound worried.

“The others are all here as well,” Faith answered, “someone is actually in here with you.”

Willow started to look a little distressed, “Is it Maple?? Please tell me she’s alright.”

Hunter grabbed the curtain to the left of the bed, “Well, why don’t we check what’s behind curtain number 1!” he swiftly pulled it aside.

Willow yelled incoherently in anger and confusion when he saw who was behind the curtain. There was pony shaped cast just lying there, along with the limbs being hung up by cloth attached to the ceiling, the only thing they could see that wasn’t covered up in cast were eyes that were wide open in surprise.

“HUNTER! What the hell!” Willow shouted angrily.

Hunter gave a genuine look of confusion before looking himself. He immediately looked away awkwardly and quickly shut the curtain. “Okay, that.... wasn’t on purpose,” he awkwardly remarked.

“So I guess it’s actually on this side,” Faith said as she tugged away the curtain to the right of the bed.

On the bed next to the right of Willow’s, lying there was a green pony who also happened to have an orange mane. She was lying there with her back turned to the others. Faith walked around the bed to see that is was a mare, due to the round snout and long eyelashes. She was also happened to look like she was out cold.

“Hey Willow, I think this is Maple,” Faith called out to him, “She looks like she’s sleeping it off, though.”

“Oh, really?” Willow asked, a little more relieved, “Well, can you check to see if it is her? Wait, what am I saying? Of course it’s her. See if she reacts to her name.” He looked to his left to see Hunter again holding a pair of bedpans. “No, you are not doing that again,” he said while slugging the guy in the shoulder.

Faith chuckled as she inched a little closer Maple. Upon closer inspection, she saw that the pony that was possibly Maple looked rather worried, due to the small frown and eyebrows in an upright at the center position.

Faith rolled her eyes at the sight, Like brother, like sister, I guess.

“Hey, Maple, are you awake?” she whispered to her, “It’s me, Faith.”

One open eye was the response she got, and she saw that it happened to be orange, just like Willow’s. This cleared any doubt that it was indeed Maple. She looked left to right with the open eye, apparently taking in Faith’s image.

“Hey, your awake,” Faith said with a smile.

Maple ended up shutting her eye again, much to the unicorn’s confusion. Faith saw that Maple was biting her lip, something she would do when extremely nervous. Faith quickly picked up that Maple most likely didn’t recognize her.

“No, no, it’s okay, it’s me,” she assured her, “A lot stuff happened, and now I’m a unicorn.”

“Is it really you, Faith?” a soft, shy voice came out of the eye shut pony, “This isn’t a dream?”

“No, it isn’t, Maple,” she responded, “I’m right here. It’s okay.”

Maple opened her eyes as a small smile came from her mouth. She saw Faith and immediately pulled out her arms to hug her. Faith, expecting it this time, immediately reciprocated the hug.

“It’s so good to see you again,” Maple said, relieved, “I was so scared I wasn’t going to see you again.”

“It’s good to see you too, Maple,” Faith responded.

The two of them hugged for a solid minute before a fake cough from Willow caught Faith’s attention. She immediately untangled herself from the shyly joyful mare as the latter looked to her left to find a relieved Willow and a waving Hunter looking back.

“Oh, Willow! Is that you,” Maple asked.

“Yes it is,” he replied, “I’m glad you are okay.”

“Hey, what about me?” Hunter exclaimed.

Maple gave a blank stare for a moment, “Oh, umm… Who are you again,” she asked innocently.

Hunter jaw opened wide enough to nearly hit the floor. “It’s me! Hunter! Don’t you recognize me!?” he said with exaggerated emotion.

“Hunter, we’ve been turned into ponies,” Willow said in his usual seriousness, “Why would you are going through the trouble of I.D.-ing everyone?”

Hunter gave a swift ‘shut it’ as Faith chuckled at the scene. Even in different forms, it seems that their disagreements still will carry over no matter where they are.

“Anyway, I guess two more off the list,” Faith spoke up as she walked up to Hunter.

“Yeah, I guess,” Hunter rubbed the back of his head, “That just leaves our personal fool, huh?”

“Oh, you mean Indigo?” Maple asked, “Does that mean you already found Raine?”

“Oh yeah, we did,” Faith answered, “She’s okay, so you don’t have to worry about her.”

Maple let off small ‘yay’ clapping her hooves together, as someone entered the room. It was the nurse that had been guiding the two throughout the place.

“I heard some yelling going on here, did something happen,” she asked with concern.

“Oh, nothing much,” Faith replied, smiling sheepishly.

“Well, I guess you want to know where your last friend is, right,” the nurse flipped through her papers on a clip board.

“Yes, that would cool,” Hunter answered.

“Alright, just let me…,” the nurse cut herself off as she stopped flipping through notes, “Oh…”

That didn’t sound comforting to Faith. “Um, is something the matter?”

“Oh, it seems he was just recently released.”

Faith and Hunter blinked for a moment before the two let out a flat “What?”

“Yes, he appeared to have … left the hospital right before you and Miss Twilight came to us with the issue of releasing your other friends,” the nurse said as she looked through a section of papers.

“Wait! You saying he’s off on his own!?” Faith asked, alarmed.

“Yes,” the nurse explained, “He would appear that he was the first of your friends we examined. After we found him in perfect health, he insisted he was fine and left on his own accord.”

Willow held a hoof to his head in with a frustrated look on his face, “Of course it would like him to wander off on his own.”

“Could you tell me what he looked like,” Faith asked desperately.

“Umm… he was a unicorn with a light blue body and dark blue mane,” the nurse answered.

“Alright,” Hunter exclaimed, prepared to sprint through the door, “If we hurry now, we can still catch the guy…”

“Hold on,” the nurse got in front of him, “I still need you to sign some forms before we can release you.”

“What!? I thought I was released!”

“Well, not yet, officially.”

Faith walked forward, “I’ll go. I know a bit more about the town and I’m not a patient here.”

“Cool, cool,” Hunter said as relaxed his tension, “Get going, or you might lose the idiot.”

Faith nodded and sprinted out the door. The nurse was clearly confused as to what was going on.

“Uh… What exactly is wrong that we let him leave early??”

“Well…,” Willow began to answer, “It’s just that with Indigo, anything is quite possible.”


Faith ran towards Ponyville(3), intent on trying to find her friend. Contrary to what many people to tend to think Indigo as nothing but troublesome, he was actually much smarter than he tends to let on. It just that his intellect was only equaled to the whimsicalness of his odd mannerisms.

She came into two, looking around for any potential signs. She already asked the front desk where he went, and he seemed to have been heading in this direction. She looked up to see that there was a pair of ponies sitting on a bench. One mint colored one was slouching on her back while a cream colored pony sat next to her on her stomach.

“Excuse me!” Faith shouted to them as she trotted up to them, “Have you seen a blue unicorn by any chance? One with a dark blue mane?”

The mint unicorn looked up for a moment, “A blue unicorn? Hmm…. Did I see one?”

“I believe she meant the one that asked us directions, Lyra,” the cream pony said before turning to Faith, “He passed by here, asking us for the nearest fruit stand. I told his to go to the market place.”

Of course he would listen to his stomach first, Faith thought to herself. “Thank you,” she thanked the pair before heading off, only to return with a rather embarrassed expression, “Uhh, where is the market, exactly?”

“Over there,” the pony named Lyra pointed to the part of town where some stalls were visible.

“Thanks again,” she thanked before heading off again, nearly tripping over herself.

Unbeknownst to her, Lyra started to look toward her with a very interested look.

Faith headed into the market, looking around for her friend. The market was very lively, as ponies were coming and going from stall to stall. She looked around to see if anyone knew where Indigo could have walked off to. She tried the first stall she saw, which was being manned by a gruff looking stallion. His clothing suggested that he was selling cherries.

A cherry seller? That’s a thing here? She silently thought to herself before getting back on track, “Excuse me, sir. Did you see a blue unicorn here, by any chance?”

“That depends,” the stallion leaned forward, “Ya’ here to buy cherries?”

“Umm, no?” Faith answered, a little taken aback.

“Then I didn’t see anything,” the stall owner huffed, “Now get outa here if you aren’t buyin’.”

Faith walked away with huff, as she didn’t expect such a rude answer. She looked around to see if there was anyone, possibly someone kinder, that would know where to find Indigo. Her attention was turned to an apple stall, which caused her to go ‘bingo’ in her mind. Next to sweets, apples were one of the many things Indigo frequently snacked on.

As she approached the stall, she heard a little girl’s voice calling, “Buy some apples! Git yer apples here!”

Faith looked to see a little yellow filly in front of the stall, shouting enthusiastically to attract customers. Faith walked up, deciding to drum up dialogue before she delivered her question.

The yellow filly caught sight of Faith, “Howdy there, ma’am. Are you lookin’ ta’ buy some apples?”

Upon closer inspection, the young pony had a red mane, with a bow tied to the back of the head. “No, I’m just looking around,” she politely refused, “are you here by yourself?”

“Nope, I’m helpin’ ma’ sister today!” the kid replied cheerfully, “Hey, Applejack! We got a customer!”

From behind the stall, an orange pony with a blond mane and tail popped out. She also wore a stetson, had green eyes, and had freckles on both sides of her face.

“Well, howdy, miss,” Applejack greeted Faith, “What can I do for you today?”

“Yeah, I was looking for a friend,” Faith answered back, “You wouldn’t happen to know where a blue unicorn with a dark blue mane went?”

Applejack immediately nodded to the question. “Ya’ mean the one with the squinted eyes? Yeah, Ah’ saw him,” Applejack replied, “He actually swung by here just now.”

“He was really nice,” the yellow filly remarked, “he thinks Ah’ got what it takes to get mah cutie mark!”

“Yup, that sounds like him,” Faith noted, as she knew how Indigo was good around children.

“Anyway, feller was nice and all, but didn’t have a single bit on him,” Applejack added, “But considering Ah’ decided to cut him some slack, so Ah’ gave him a free sample. Anyway, if yer looking for him, he just went in that direction, to the fountain.”

“Thanks, miss…” Faith didn’t pick on the name right away.

“Applejack, miss,” she introduced herself, “Anyway, you best be off finding yer’ friend before he wanders off agin’.”

“Thank you,” Faith said before running off in the direction she was directed to.

Faith quickly ran in the direction, as the fountain came into view. She looked around for Indigo, going only by whatever info she already knew about him. As she tried to look around, she saw ponies coming and going as they pleased. She started to grow slightly frustrated as the thought of possibly missing him again came to mind.

“Hey there,” a muffled voice came from behind her, “You okay?”

“Yeah,” Faith responded as she paid no attention to the voice, instead seeing a pony pulling cart in the distance, “I’m trying to look for a friend.”

“Really, what does your friend look like??”

“Unicorn with blue coat and darker blue mane,” she said as she watched another pony bounce past, “You seen him?”

“I think so. Wait… I definitely know where he is.”

“Do you!?” Faith immediately turned around, “Please, tell nooooowww… huh?”

Right in front of her, was, in fact, a unicorn with a blue coat as well as a dark blue mane, sitting upright nonchalantly on a bench. He also had eyes that looked shut, and held an eaten up apple in one hoof while chewing a mouthful of it.

The unicorn immediately swallowed whatever was in his mouth and greeted Faith in an unmistakable voice, “’Sup?”

“Indigo?!” Faith exclaimed, under a little disbelief.

“Who else?” he responded rather calmly, “Hey, Faith. You’re looking fine.”

“I’ve been looking all over for you!” Faith said, “What are you doing here? Why didn’t stay at the hospital?”

“What, and waste a lot of time lying in bed and do nothing?” Indigo said as he tossed the apple core at a trash can nearby, “I wanted to take look around. By the way, Faith, you look nice as a unicorn.”

Faith immediately noticed how calmly he was taking everything, if anything, he looked to be enjoying everything. “You’re certainly taking it well, being one yourself,” she remarked.

“Well, it’s a bit… strange, I must admit,” he said, raising a hoof to look at it, “Ah well, gotta enjoy while it lasts. Been too long since I had such a good dream.”

That last bit did not get past Faith without her catching on, “What was that last bit Indigo? You think this is a dream?”

“Yeah, I mean, what else is it?” he responded.

“Umm, Indigo,” Faith said, “This isn’t a dream. I’ve been here since yesterday.”

The blue unicorn tilted his head to the side while giving an expression akin to confusion, “Wait, really? So… this is all real?”

“Yes,” she simply replied.

“And you are standing, right before me, as a unicorn?” he asked again.

“Yes,” she replied again.

“And we are basically in the land of ponies, with flying and magic happening all around us,” he asked yet again.

Yes,” Faith answered flatly, seriously wondering if this will turn another round of twenty questions.

Thankfully it didn’t, as Indigo looked he understood. “Oh wow, this is awesome,” he exclaimed, “That would explain the fatigue, though.”

“Yes, it is… Wait, what?” Faith did a double take on what he said.

Without warning, Indigo completely collapsed on his side onto the whole seat of the bench.

“Whoa, Indigo!” Faith immediately ran up to his side.

When she looked at him, she found that he was actually out cold, sleeping rather contently. Faith shook her head, realizing he was most likely ran out of energy. She looked around for a bit, then looked up. She reflected on what just happened, as she now realized her friends were now here with her, but now are in same boat as her. She thought for a moment, then raised a question and pertained everyone she knew, and the situation that was taking its forty winks in front of her.

So now what?

Author's Note:

Wow, managed to get this done in a few days. Anyway, this'll be my last chapter before returning to the states. See ye then
I decided to add some footnotes here and there. It'll either be fun facts, or some inserted jokes

(1) who apparently forgot how to fly

(2) facehoove, whatever. Just remember who's perspective this is.

(3) while tripping ten times and running in a taco stand. Kidding, but funny is still funny.