• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 1,031 Views, 12 Comments

My Little Friends: Wish Your Happy Ending - SyforceWinterLight



Faith Summers was just another person who's life was constantly tossed around by cruel fate, and so are her friends. When a freaky storm really turns their life upside down, they find themselves in a place they would never imagine.

  • ...
2
 12
 1,031

Discovering Enthrallment and Sadness

“Twilight, this isn’t going to work…”

“Oh come on. You’re doing fine.”

Twilight and Faith were walking towards the edge of town now. The distance between Fluttershy’s cottage and the town Twilight called Ponyville wasn’t that far, surprisingly. Now the only challenge was Twilight getting Faith across town and to the library.

Faith looked down as she observed the result of Twilight’s “preparations”. She now had on a black robe that apparently belonged to a friend of Twilight’s that lived in the forest. The hood was down, and cape part covered the rest of her body. It was what was beneath the robe that was keeping Faith’s attention. Wrapped around each of her standing hooves was scarlet tinted aura, which at the moment somehow held them in place. That same aura was coming from Twilight’s horn, which was still shining. Faith immediately assumed magic, considering she was in the body of a colorful equine.

“Twilight, I know I don’t want to attract attention, but I’m pretty sure that a black robed pony wandering around town is going to catch some kind of negative look,” she commented.

“Oh relax,” Twilight responded with a smile, “there aren’t that many ponies between here and the library, and if anypony asks, I’ve got you covered.”

Faith merely nodded, “Alright, my life is in your hands…er… hooves. Oh, you know what I mean.”

Twilight giggled a bit, “Well, then let’s go.”

Twilight started to walk into town, in the usual manner she had always done it. Faith soon followed suit, except unlike Twilight she wasn’t technically walking. At least, not on her own will. A few more attempts at Fluttershy’s house had proven that Faith, for lack of a more scientific term, did not know how to walk. Twilight came up with the idea that she would use her levitation magic to help move Faith around. After testing it out, it became clear that it was possible.

Faith felt as her feet moved in sync to Twilight’s. They needed the robe to keep eyes away from Faith’s feet to prevent anyone from asking why Twilight had to apply her magic to make her move. The still did not have many alternatives, and Faith decided this was the best course of action. Besides, Twilight also theorized that it might help Faith in being able to walk on her own eventually.

Faith certainly wasn’t complaining, as this was much better than tripping every step she took. At the moment, she kinda got the idea of how puppets must have felt like.

As Faith looked up from paying attention to her leg’s movements, she occasionally looked up to check around her. From where she saw it, Ponyville was actually quite nice looking. They were plenty of ponies doing different activities, ranging from socializing to taking part in their own activities. For such a place that seemed so small, it was actual quite busy.

“Like what you see?” Twilight asked, looking behind.

“Oh, uhh, yeah!” Faith answered, “It’s nothing like where I’m from. It’s not as busy, but there was always something to do.”

“Really,” Twilight said curiously, “maybe you can tell me about where you come from when we get to the library.”

“Okay, sure,” Faith smiled at the idea. She started rattling off subjects in her head: what she wore, what books she read, what places she went, her friends…

My friends…, the thought made Faith stop thinking for a moment.

When Twilight looked back, she noticed Faith’s face go pale for a bit. “Faith, is there something wrong??” she asked, concerned.

Faith snapped back to reality when she heard her, “What?? Oh I’m fine,” she responded with a smile, “Are we getting close to the library? I think I saw someone give me an odd look to the side.”

“Well, actually, we’re right outside of it,” Twilight pointed out.

Faith looked up and was taken aback by what Twilight had identified as the library. In front of them was a rather large tree that was taller than most of the trees the inexperienced human ever laid her eyes on. There were also windows and a door in the thing, suggesting it was a building as well.

“Surprised, are we?” Twilight chuckled, “If your jaw continues to hang like that, I might actually need to take you to the hospital.”

Faith realized that her mouth was indeed wide open, and immediately closed it. Her friends have always told her she would have a certain face, which included a hanging jaw, whenever she was particularly fascinated by something.

“Oh, sorry,” she smiled sheepishly, realizing the expression was still very obvious even in her pony form.

“It’s fine. Come on inside, we got a lot to do.”

Faith followed Twilight inside the library, once again thanks to the latter’s magic. The former looked around, taking in the interior. The place was well lit, and wherever she looked, there were plenty of books. If this was just nothing more than a simple trip, she would have spent hours going through many books.

Twilight looked at Faith’s face and recognized the same adoration for literature. “Welcome to the Golden Oaks Library. Home to the books of Ponyville and yours truly,” she introduced to Faith.

“Wow, so you live here??” she asked, fascinated, “Lucky, you must have a lot of time on your hands… er, hooves. So, where do you think we should start?”

“Hey, you’re back, Twilight?” a voice called out, accompanied by footsteps on the stairs, “How’s the mare you rescued doing?”

Faith looked up to see what should surprise her, but considering the string of other things that caught her off guard, she still reacted not so subtly. What came down the stair was a purple scaled, lizard looking thing. It had green eyes, and looked smaller than she and Twilight. If anything, it kinda looked like a miniature dragon.

“Uhh, Twilight,” Faith leaned toward Twilight to ask, “I don’t mean to be rude, but who, and what is that?”

“Oh, I guess I should introduce you two,” Twilight said as the dragon walked towards and stopped in front of them, “Spike, this is Faith Summers, the pony we rescued out of that lake. Faith, this Spike, my assistant.”

“Wow, so you have a dragon for an assistant?” Faith remarked, fascinated, “that’s pretty cool.”

“Well, baby dragon, but who wants to specific,” Spike held out a hand to shake, “Nice to meetcha’, Faith.”

Faith was about to lift a hoof to respond, but realized she couldn’t. In fact, she realized she felt like her hooves were being held in place. And then remembered why she couldn’t, and felt her brain kick itself for forgetting.

“Twilight, I think you can let go of me now,” she requested awkwardly.

Twilight did not get it at first, and simply gave a confused look. Faith motioned her head downwards, looking at the robe. Then Twilight looked there and immediately remembered what she was doing. She casted away her magic, letting go of her telekinetic grip on Faith’s hooves. Faith, after moving her hooves to make sure they really were let go, shook Spike’s hand out of friendliness.

“Well, it’s nice to meet you as well,” Faith said with a smile, “Wow, never thought I’d be running into dragons in this lifetime.”

Twilight watched as the two interacted for a bit, then a thought crossed her mind.

“Hey Spike, can I talk to you for a minute?” Twilight said.

“Huh, yeah sure,” Spike shrugged.

“Faith, do you mind looking through the books without me? I’ll be with you in a minute. The books that we’ll start with are on that shelf over there,” Twilight pointed towards a section of books.

“Alright, got it,” Faith nodded, “I think I can make that short distance, if you were worried.”

Twilight laughed a bit, “Don’t hurt yourself.”

As Twilight walked off to have a conversation with Spike, Faith walked over to the books Twilight pointed out. It seemed the trick Twilight put on her worked, as she didn’t have trouble taking her steps. She took off the robe as she looked at the various books on the shelf. A lot of them were on subjects that she clearly had no idea what they were talking about. Faith decided to reach for the book that looked the most relevant.

Then another puff of logic crossed her mind, and she looked at where her hand used.

“Wait, how am I supposed to grab anything with these?” she muttered to herself as she looked at her hooves.

As she tried to think for a solution, a sentence panged into her head, voiced by someone very familiar.

If all logic fails to make sense, just take a swing and try, and work from there.

Faith tried reaching out and placed her right hoof flatly on one of the binders of the books. To her surprise, as she pulled out, she felt she had a grip, and the book slid out smoothly. As she took it to her side, she smiled at the little victory she earned herself.

Hehe, thank you, Indigo, she thought to herself, it’s nice to know your advice is with me even if you… aren’t…

Her expression changed from joy to somberness as she was unable to finish the thought. She suddenly realized something, a thought that hadn’t occurred to her ever since she had discovered where she was and never sunk in.

I’m… alone…

Her thoughts started to branch out to a memory, something that related to right now except for the little detail that made it different from now.


Faith and Indigo were searching through shelves of the library, sifting through the various books that filled the library shelves.

“Indigo, what exactly is it that you’re looking for?” Faith asked as she tried to sift through various books on their subjects.

“Legends that connect to dragons, duh,” he asked, unhelpfully, “Now use that writer’s intuition to help me find the good ones.”

Faith let out a flat sigh, “My intuition is good for novels and stories, but seems to be falling flat when it comes to actual research.”

“Aw well, just keep trying,” Indigo chuckled, “I’m sure we’ll find something.”

Faith rolled her eyes to the notion. There were times when Indigo dragged Faith, and sometimes someone else, to help him find research material on various things. The others have always found ways to avoid going. Faith had not.

“Indigo, I found everything relevant to everything but dragons, you sure we’re looking at the right things?” she asked again.

“I dunno,” Indigo shrugged.

“Then why are we in this section?” Faith questioned, “Isn’t it a waste of time to be trying to find something that yields no results?”

“Yeah, but at least I’m not doing this by myself.”

Faith raised at the remark, “What do you mean?”

“Well, most people try to take care of these things by themselves, and yeah some do succeed. But sometimes I wonder if they
seem far lonelier they appear to be. Then I take a look at people who worked in group, and see them succeed more at what they do.”

Faith looked at Indigo when he said that. Despite the fact that she couldn’t tell what he was thinking most of the time, he often made some interesting observations.

“I mean even if we don’t find anything right now, I still enjoy doing it with you more than doing this by myself. Research and discovery is a lot more fun when you’re sharing it someone, after all.”

Indigo smiled as he said this, something that Faith observed him do all the time. However, there were things he sometimes said that made his perpetual smile something good to see.

“That’s something I probably should remember,” Faith remarked, “Hey, does this book look good…?” she asked as she took a book out and opened it up…


“So let me guess this straight,” Spike said, “Faith over there wasn’t a pony before?”

“Yes,” Twilight said, what could have been the umpteenth time she said it.

“And when she was drowning in a completely different lake, only to pop up in the one we found her in?”

“Yes,” Twilight’s voice was flatter this time.

“And you think it has to with that freak storm we had yesterday.

“Yes,” the response was practically as flat as smooth marble.

Spike still folded his arms and looked at the unicorn skeptically, “Twilight, I know we’ve been through a lot of things, but do you really buy all that?”

“Well, I don’t know if what she is saying is true,” Twilight responded, “But I can’t say she’s lying either. Only way to know for sure is if we look into this together. Now don’t give her a hard time alri…”

Before she said another word, she heard a thump. The familiar sound made from a book hitting the ground. She turned and went to where the sound came from. She saw Faith, and book that apparently fallen next to her. And she was…crying?

Twilight saw that Faith was indeed sobbing, as she was also sadly muttering something under her breath as she covered her face with her hooves. Twilight walked up to her to see what’s wrong.

“Hey, are you alright?” Twilight asked softly.

Faith merely mumbled untellable noise in response. Twilight got closer to her and put her hoof over her shoulder, trying to comfort her the best she can.

“*sob* … frie…s…,” Faith mumbled.

“What was that?” Twilight asked softly.

“My friends,” Faith finally managed to say, “I miss my friends.”

Twilight realized what she was talking. She must have been with others when she went missing, “I… I see. I guess you must be very close to them.”

“I am,” Faith sniffled, “They’re all I have left.”

Twilight was actually caught off guard by this statement, “Wait, they're ... what?? What about family?”

“No…,” Faith responded, tears still coming out of her eyes.

“No?” Twilight repeated, confused, “What do you mean? Don’t you have parents?”

“No,” Faith repeated, before facing Twilight. She calmed down, but tears were still forming in her eyes.

“I’m an orphan.”

Author's Note:

Well, got this done this quickly, might as well post it. But on a more serious not, this is where Faith's background starts to show up. Stick to find out about her whole story.