• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 1,031 Views, 12 Comments

My Little Friends: Wish Your Happy Ending - SyforceWinterLight



Faith Summers was just another person who's life was constantly tossed around by cruel fate, and so are her friends. When a freaky storm really turns their life upside down, they find themselves in a place they would never imagine.

  • ...
2
 12
 1,031

Awaken to Strangeness

A baby’s cry roared out, crying loudly.

“Congratulation, Mr. and Mrs. Summers. You have yourselves a young girl.”

“It’s… she’s beautiful.”

“Here, let me hold her.”

“What should we name her?”

“It should be something meaningful, dearest.”

“How about Faith? It’s what we really had that helped you carry her all the way here.”

“Alright then, Faith Summers… welcome to the world…”


Faith opened her eyes, and everything in front of her in a flashy blur. She tried to move her arms to shield her eyes, but found herself exhausted to do so, so she simply resorted to shutting her eyelids. As she tried to get used to the light, she started hearing voices. Two of them, to be precise.

“…and you found her like this, in an underground lake?” one voice, female and concerned, asked.

Yeah, she swallowed some water, but managed to get it out, and it got her breathing,” another voice, female and younger, answered.

Swallowed water? Faith thought, That’s… right. I remember trying to hold my breath and then…?

Well, initial observations say that she looks alright. If she starts having any other symptoms, let me know,” the first voice came up again.

Thank you, nurse,” the second said.

Nurse? Faith thought again, am I in a hospital or something? Well, only one way to find out I guess.

Faith slowly opened her eyes, with the light being less blinding this time. She looked up expecting a white hospital setting, but instead was met with wood ceiling instead. She looked around to find herself next to a window, where the sun was shining through. She turned her eyes to see that she was in what looked like a small cottage, with a few decorations here and there.

She turned her head a bit to the side, and her eyes met with a pair of blue ones. When she got a better look of who they belonged to, her mind stopped working for a split second. What stood before her was what looked like an equine like creature, which had yellow fur and a pink man. She’d call it horse, except it looked a little too short to be one. A pony felt like a better word to describe what’s in front of her.

“Oh… you… you’re awake,” the creature spoke, albeit very softly.

Faith’s mind stopped working again. It talked, and she understood it. That made it quite clear that something was going on. She then looked again to catch a glimpse of something on its back. There were wings, of the feathery variety, on its back folded. One conclusion ended up surfacing from Faith’s dumbfounded mind.

The next words she chose to say would later make her feel incredibly stupid sometime down the road.

“Am … I in heaven?” she blurted out without thinking.

It’s quite needless to say that she was met with a very confused look from the pony, “Umm, what?”

“Hey, Fluttershy, How’s our mare doing?”

Another pony apparently entered the room, this time a lavender colored one. She had a purple mane and tail with pink stripes in them, but that wasn’t what caught Faith’s attention. It had a pointed horn on its head. What did Indigo call those creatures again? Unicorns? That definitely rang bells in her head that she was definitely, at least she believed at the time, to be not alive.

“Oh you’re awake!” the unicorn exclaimed, walking to her side, “You had us worried there for a minute.”

Faith was still dumbfounded, but was still had enough composure to deliver an answer, “Umm, where am I? Where did you find me?”

“You’re at the edge of Everfree forest,” the unicorn answered, “I found you in a cave lake, drowning. I barely got you out.”

Faith blinked in slight confusion, as she remembered drowning in a lake, just not one in a cave.

“Yeah, I remembered getting pulled under…” she replied, looking up again, “I guess this is the part where you tell me I’m dead.”

Once again, her sentence was met with confusion, “Uh, didn’t you hear me? I pulled you out of the lake, you’re alive.”

“Don’t beat around the bush, please. I know for the fact that unicorns and winged horses aren’t real. In fact, when I touch you might be a …,” she stopped talking when she reached out to touch the unicorn, but saw something else that shocked her.

Where she was expecting her hand when she reached out, it wasn’t there. In fact, all she got was a flat stub, which was a purplish tinted white or a very light purple. Still in shock, she lifted her other arm to touch it, she saw that she had an equivalent in place of her left arm. To put it bluntly, she had two hooves in place of her hands.

Faith probably never screamed louder in another time in her life.

Needless to say, both ponies were taken aback by her panic attack.

“Woah, what’s wrong?!” the unicorn exclaimed.

“Wha – what happened to me?!” Faith, not thinking straight, tried to get out of bed. When she tried to stand upright and take a shaky step forward, she immediately felt down and landed the side of her face. “Oww…”

Her eyes moved to see where her feet were, only to find they weren’t there either. She instead had hooves for feet, and her legs were bent in a way similar to that of hind legs. It made it clear in her head that she wasn’t a human being anymore. The tail certainly wasn’t helping either.

“Oh my! Are you alright??” the yellow pony said, worried.

Faith looked turned her head forward, and met a worried look of the pony. It didn’t take many gears in her head to turn much to know where this is going.

“Get me a mirror, please,” she asked, calming down a bit.

“Uhh, sure,” the winged pony responded, “Twilight, can you get the small one on the drawer?”

“Got it,” the other pony, apparently named Twilight, responded.

It wasn’t long before she had a mirror in front of her being held by… something, but that wasn’t the thing catching Faith’s attention. Looking at the mirror, another pony face looked at her. It, or rather she, had a round snout and some large golden eyes. She was silently thanking that something was the same. Her attention turned to the head, where she saw pointed ears, a purple mane with stripes in it, and a unicorn horn.

“I’m a pony,” she said, trying to suppress her surprise.

“Yeah, you are,” the unicorn said, now concerned, “are you saying weren’t one before?”

Faith lifted herself up, propping herself rested her back on the side of the bed. It was safe to assume that she wasn’t in heaven, as she never heard of any afterlife that involve being turned into a pastel colored equine. So was she dreaming instead?

“That depends,” she responded to the question, “I’m not dead, so I’m not dreaming, am I? Cause I’m pretty sure I’d be awake, on floor from falling out of bed.”

Once again, she was met with confused looks, “No, I can assure you that you aren’t dreaming.”

Faith somehow wasn’t surprised to get that response, and started raising a hoof, “Well, I suppose I can try to …” she stopped when she remembered she was raising a hoof, not a hand. “Lack of fingers…, right…” she silently berated herself for not remembering.

Before she said anything, a swift blow to the back of her head. “Ow!” she yelled. She held the back of her head and turned around. She set on her eyes on a white bunny, standing upright on the bed, and a very annoyed looking one at that.

“Oh, Angel,” the yellow pony, raising her voice slightly, said, “That’s not very nice. Are you okay?”

Faith merely rubbed the back of her head as she watched the bunny hop off the bed and to the winged pony’s side. “Well, judging from the throbbing pain in my head, it’s safe to say that I’m not dreaming,” she chuckled.

The unicorn still looked concern, but her expression softened a bit, “That’s good to know, but I’m still concerned about that bit where you sound like you’ve never been a pony before.”

Faith smiled sheepishly, “Oh, you heard that? Well, can I know your name at least, considering you saved me from drowning?”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” the unicorn said, slightly embarrassed, “My name is Twilight Sparkle. My pegasus friend here is Fluttershy.”

“Oh, hi,” Fluttershy greeted softly, smiling shyly and she turned her head with her long mane hiding most of her face.

Faith smiled a bit; the shy pegasus’s personality was a dead ringer to how Maple would act, “Name’s Faith. Faith Summers. And as you can probably tell, I wasn’t a pony before, believe or not.”

“Yeah, we kinda got that,” Twilight remarked, “So what were you before we found you as a pony? Were you a griffon, a dragon??”

“Well…” Faith rolled her eyes a bit, trying to think of the best way of explaining her original body, “Well, I was this two legged, ape like, thing with hands called a human.”

Again, her explanation was met with confused looks. “No, I don’t remember reading anything that meets that kind of description,” Twilight answered.

“Well, you believe me at least, right?” Faith asked.

Twilight gave a thoughtful look, “Well, it’s viable, to say the least. But if it’s true, then I’m concerned how you came out of that lake. What were you doing before that?”

“Well…,” Faith thought for a moment, remembering the events last night, “I remember fighting to stay on a boat in a lake, while it was practically raining cats and dogs….

“Oh dear!” Fluttershy exclaimed rather suddenly, “Were they hurt??”

Faith immediately gave a panicked look and shook her arms in front of her, “No no no! There weren’t literal animals involved! It was just raining really, really hard!”

Fluttershy gave a squeak and blushed in embarrassment, “Oh…I’m sorry.”

Yup, definitely like Maple, Faith thought. “Anyway, I think the wind was pretty powerful as well, cause' waves of water were making the boat tilt all over the place. Before I could reach safety, I ended up getting dumped overboard and getting dragged to dark bottoms of the lake. How did you find me again?”

Twilight, who had been listening intently, spoke up, “Well, I found you in a lake of a cave that I happened to be in, taking shelter from the …rain.”

The last words seemed to have hit a chord with Twilight, as it did with Faith. “It was raining?” she asked with an eyebrow raised.

“It was scary,” Fluttershy added, “A lot of lightning came down.”

That can’t be a crazy coincidence, Faith thought, can it? For two completely different places to have a completely similar event.

There was a moment of silence, before Twilight spoke up, “Well, only way I know I’ll have an idea is if we go to the library and look this up.”

Faith watched as Twilight said this line, with a sparkle in her eyes. Now where did she see that before?

“I’m sorry, Twilight, I can’t come,” Fluttershy apologized, “I have to clean some of the animals that got into the mud yesterday night.”

“It’s okay,” Twilight said, “Hey Faith, looks like we’ll be together for this one. You want to come along and research this together? I bet we can find out a lot more things in the books.”

Faith thought for a moment. A part of her is saying she was better off taking this thing on quickly by herself, but another part of her is saying to trust these ponies and accept the offer. Plus, she actually liked the sound of the idea, “Better now than never, I suppose.”

“Great, let’s go then,” Twilight turned and started to head out of the bed room, with Fluttershy following behind.

Faith looked down, and started getting up. Keeping in mind of her new form, she got up and stood on all fours. The sensation of taking on a completely new stance felt strange to her, as if she felt all four hooves on the ground. She lifted her right foreleg, and took a step forward with it. She looked back and then lifted her left hind leg, which still proved to have a strange feel to it due to how everything in her legs have taken on different positions. Nonetheless, she managed to take a step forward without too much a hassle.

Slow and easy, Faith, she told herself, take it easy now.

She then took her left foreleg, and easily took a step forward. She smiled as she felt she mastered the technique of basic walking. Then she forgot to step with her right hind leg, and fell on her chin.

“Ow!”

Twilight and Fluttershy came running back into the room, finding Faith flat on her belly on the floor.

“Hey, are you okay?!” Twilight asked as she and Fluttershy started to lift Faith up.

“Oh, I’m good,” she answered, getting lifted back on her feet, “I’m just… learning… how to walk.” That sentence felt far more embarrassing to say aloud than she thought.

“I would ask ‘why’, but that has started to become repetitive,” Twilight snarked slightly, “It shouldn’t be that difficult to walk.”

“I was two legged before, remember?” she reminded her, “I guess I don’t have the mentality or motor function to operate four legs.”

“Oh dear, that won’t be a problem, will it?” Fluttershy asked, worried.

“I hope not,” Faith answered as she started taking steps, “I think I’ll adjust. It’ll be like trying to learn how to ride a bicycle.”

This is before she proceeded to trip over her own hoof. Twilight and Fluttershy merely winced as Faith hit the ground again.

“A four wheeled bicycle, lined up in a straight line…,” she mumbled painfully.

Twilight and Fluttershy lifted her back on her feet. “Well, I guess I should’ve realized this sooner,” Twilight remarked, “I’ve read that transformation from one type of living being to another sometimes doesn’t come with the motor functions necessary to operate the new body.”

Faith merely looked down at her legs, “Well, unless you have a solution, Twilight, a pony tripping on her feet every short distance is going to attract unnecessary attention. And trust me, I’ve read enough stories to know how that ends up.”

Twilight put her hoof to her chin and thought for a moment. If she was going to bring Faith along, they needed something to help her walk. She looked at Faith, then looked around a bit as she thought hard. Finally, that imaginary light bulb flashed above her head.

“I got it!” Twilight said as she dashed for the door, “I’ll be back in a minute!”

“Wait, where are you off to??” Faith called out.

“To Zecora’s! I’m going to borrow something from her!”

Author's Note:

Well, that about does it. Truth to be told, I got this chapter done straight after submitting this story. Something that definitely I should be a bit proud of myself for. Anyway, I'm bouncing around between writing the next chapter and making a cover picture for the story so stay tuned.