• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 587 Views, 25 Comments

Survival of the Fittest - Rakdar



Rakdarian survived the apocalypse of earth. At a tender age he watched his family succumb to madness and cannibalism, which he narrowly escaped with his life, fueled by luck, instinct, and a small amount of skill allowed him to find a group of other

  • ...
26
 25
 587

Chapter 4:TBA

Author's Note:

Sorry about my tardiness, Hopefully it won't happen again. And Yay more editors.

Rakdarian looked into the flames. He pondered on what happened in the last day. First there was the betrayal. His own group cast him out and left him to die, it appeared through chance, at least in his eyes, that he surived the encounter. That was something at least. Then he wakes up in a place where fantasy appeared to be reality. He shuddered at the thought.he stared at the manticore corpse, I wonder if there's more creatures like that? he thought. Another thing struck him as odd, his behavior. Looking back on it he felt that he wasn't in control of his actions. Twilight must have been telling the truth when she said she had me on sedatives, on the other hand why diod i react so violently if I wasn't in my right mind, and supposedly calmed. There has to be more to this, i have to find out. He thought back to his flight from the pony town. They must not have needed me for something important, since if that were the case then with their magic and the fact that they can fly, or at least some of them can, they should have been easy to catch since I was really just calmly walking out of town. Or maybe it was becasue i didn't start running 'till i could easily see the forest that they hadn't stopped me. Anothwer question is why they treated me with a mixture of suprise and a little bit of fear. I mean I'm not that scary am I? I'm just a gaunt bean pole-" Rakdarian stopped as the realization hit him like a ton of bricks. I'm a predator... They can feel it. Interesting.

With these thoughts now thorughly put to rest, he got up and started working on the manticore. Using the knife to carefully peel away the hide, which he wanted to use later, he started flaying the flesh from the bone, it was bloody work, and he was in no way an expert but he eventually made enought progress to start cooking the steaks. There wasnt Much brains left, from the slug but the rest of the teeth were still sharp. With them he made three more knives and the beginning of what would be arrowheads. He had no skill with a bow, but since there probably wasn't a gun store anywhere nearby he would just have to make do. Thirty-three heads was what he got when he had finished. He laid the ends in the fire to sterilize them. The meat, was aa rich dark, and while he wasn't sure if the meat was toxic, but he was starving and it was becoming dark so he didn't have time to find possibly safer meals. If i go out to find possibly safer food i'll get lost, and like starve to death or more likely i'll be eatn by something else. And if it turns out to be poisonous then I die anyways. Might as well stay here then. He rationalized.

So after he felt it was thoroughly cooked, he began to eat it. It tasted foul, was vvery stringy, and had the texture of shoe leather. But like shoe leather he choked it down. It was filling at least, and wasn't immediately lethal. So at least he would sleep content tonight. He put more wood on the fire and, using the rcently flayed hide as a blanket and his pack as a pillow he fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight was frantic, she couldn't belive herself. How could she have let an obviously dangerous creature to roam about Ponyville. There's no telling what that creature, whatever it was, would do. She thought back to when the smoking near dead body was found, on the edge of town. bitemarks covered his body and he held a short sword made of a metal she had never seen before. Her friends had come across the unconcious individual and brought him to the vet. Which no one there had seen anything like him but gave her something for its pain if it would wake up. The hospital wasn't much help either. But lent some garmets and a heart monitor. At the very least the creature was intelligent. It carried itself in a way that was off, like something was dangerous about him. She felt the same way about the griffon that had come by a while back.

She really wnated to know more about the creature. It was strange, The thing didn't have any defenses as far as she could see. No claws, his teeth were small, and he didn't look very strong. Hair only covered the pelvic area and most of his face, but was really thin everywhere else. It simply befuddled her. Granted this was all done while she did some dangerous healing magic to git rid of the burns and bitemarks. Another thing wass that she wanted to know how it got those wounds. The area around whre he was found didn't have any charred grass. So naturally when she saw that it had woken up she felt that it would have been a great idea to view how it reacted. Sh was shocked when he discovred that it poke equstrian, and appeard to understand her.

With all of these thoughts in her head she called upon her friends to help her find it

"Alright girls, Remember a few weeks ago when that strange creature appeared close to the edge of town by white tail woods?"

There was a chorus of nods, and Pinkie pie shouted "Oh Oh! I know what it is, Please pick me! Pick me! Pick me!" She shouted raising her hoof impossibly high.

"Yes Pinkie," Twilight sighed in exasperation. After the encounter where discord betrayed them, Pinkie's apparent lack to take anything seriously had began to wear at her patience.

"Was it that nice young guy that walked out of your castle to show my his neat little tube of ultimate annihilation?" She said in an orgasmic glee.

\

Twilight sighed again. "Yes Pinkie, That was probably him, Do you know hwere he went." Twilight ignored the last part.

"Oh yeah, the guy went towards the forest, on the east side of town, you know by the Apple farm?" She said offhandedly.

"Well thank you Pinkie, though why you didn't just say 'The Ever-"

"WAIT!" Pinkie shouted as something fcame through her head.

"What?" Everyone replied in unison. Including Pinkie.

"Twilight, how do you know it's a guy?" Pinkie waggled her eyebrows.

"Alright Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy, can you go into the forest and see if you can find him, I'll be here with Pinkie and Rarity, looking for any clues on what this creature is." Twilight ignored the question.

Rainbow Dash gave a quick salute and the group split up to find more clues about the strange creature.

"Oh one more thing, The creature might be dangerous. So be careful." Twilight called over her shoulder. With that final word they all took off.