• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 587 Views, 25 Comments

Survival of the Fittest - Rakdar



Rakdarian survived the apocalypse of earth. At a tender age he watched his family succumb to madness and cannibalism, which he narrowly escaped with his life, fueled by luck, instinct, and a small amount of skill allowed him to find a group of other

  • ...
26
 25
 587

Chapter Two: Where, for fuck's sake, am I?

"So, now that we're here, and not suspecting each other to attack... I hope. Can you kindly explain what I'm on that's making me take this so mellow?" Rakdarian said as he sat down

Twilight sat down a few feet away and explained "I had you sedated, so there wouldn't be violence"

"Okay then, I was drugged. Great. So where am I?" Rakdarian asked while he pulled the tube out of his arm. "More importantly, How? And can I get back?"

"Heh... Heh... About that..." Twilight replied sheepishly.

"No, Don't tell me. I'm stuck here, aren't I?" Rakdarian replied in a frustrated tone

"Er... Yes-"

"Great, now I'm stuck here In what appears to be a magical land where horse's with wings and death spikes on their heads are doctors."

" Well, that's hardly friendly."

"Well I still don't know where I am, or why, hell, I don't even know where the rest of my stuff is. Where am I"

"You are in Ponyville castle."

Rakdarian gave Twilight a look. "..." You could hear the ellipsis

"What?"

"Really?"

"What's the issue?"

"Are you bullshitting me or is it actually called Ponyville?"

"Umm... It is called Ponyville. Why?"

"Well because I don't believe you. No one in their right mind would name their town after a dumb farm animal unless they they're Alaskan."

Twilight scowled," I'm pretty sure we're not dumb farm animals, and not only that this town was named after the group of ponies who founded this place."

"My bad, What I meant to say was-" Rakdarian paused for a second when he realized something, "Wait there's more of you?"

"Yeah, do you have something agaisnt ponies?" Twilight said petulantly

"No, I mean I thought they we're all dumb animals, but- No. Where am I, seriously where on Earth am I?"

" You have a city named after dirt?"

" No, it's a planet. Wait you mean you don't know what Earth is?" Rakdairain voice began to crack.

" Oh so you're an alien? I guess that explains the burns then?"

"WHERE THE FUCK AM I?" Rakdarian shouted

" Obviously Ponyville didn't help and there's no reason to shout. You are on Equis, In the country of Equestria."

"Okay calm down... Calm down..." Rakdarian muttered to himself, " It's okay, You're going to be fine."

Twilight's voice offered a softer tone. " Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Rakdarian seized his emotions dug a hole put those emotions in a box at the bottom of that hole. Then filled it up and built a house on that hole.

"No-nothing, I'll be fine. Thank you for your hospitality. But I think I need to leave now. Do you still have my things?"

"What's wrong?"

"I just need to go. Do you have my things?"

"Yeah they're in a drawer. Can you tell me how you got here?"

It was then that Rakdarian remembered what had happened before he woke up here. The betrayal, The fight, the searing pain as he fell to the hordes, and the bright light with the burning.

"No idea," Rakdarian said distantly only halfway telling the truth. " Where is this drawer?"

"It's just outside of the door in a dresser. Why are you leaving? What are you?"

"Leave me alone" Rakdarian said coldly as he walked out of the room that had been his resting place. He turned to the dresser and noticed his clothes were in fact there. Along with his shotgun. The machete was noticeably absent. Not wanting to talk to Twilight he just let it go. He put his stuff into a bag and set off through the corridors. Checking through his belongings he noticed that he still had a few shells for the gun. "Sweet," Rakdarian said as he quickly loaded the shotgun.

A few minutes later Twilight caught up with him just as he found the stairwell. "Wait! You cant just leave."

"Watch me."

"No, you need to stay here I want to be sure there's no other conditions and i want to know more about you."

"What has two thumbs, a loaded shotgun, and will shoot you if you don't leave me alone?"

"What's a shotgun?" Twilight asked as she spun Rakdarian around.

" If you don't cut the magic and let me leave I'll demonstrate by painting the wall behind you with your brains." Rakdarian said as he pumped his hand cannon, pointing it at Twilight's head.

Twilight looked fearfully at the gun, "That's a shotgun isn't it?"

"Yes, yes it is. Now, I don't want to have to become a fugitive on my first day in this country by committing regicide, but I will if you don't leave me alone. All i want to do is leave. That's it."'


"O-Okay." Twilight stammered as she released her hold on Rakdarian. And then she flew away.

Rakdarian turned around, slinging his gun onto his back. And he descended down the stairs. After taking some apples and a loaf of bread out of the kitchen he ran into Spike.

"Well aren't you one of the ugliest things I've ever seen." Rakdarain said as he saw him

Spike turned to look at his insulter, "Well you're not going to be winning any handsome contests either." He said sarcastically. "Name's Spike, I see you've woken up."

"That I did, Well this has been a nice repartee, but I must be going, Do you by chance know the way out?"

"Yeah, down the hall and to the left."

"Thanks, bye." Rakdarian jogged out of the room and followed his instructions.

As he finally made it out the door he was met with a very pink pony staring at him, with less then an inch between their faces.

"Why hello there." Pinkie Pie said.

Author's Note:

Well It's still Saturday so I'm still on time