• Published 17th Jun 2014
  • 5,514 Views, 150 Comments

Ponygoyles - Alphamon_Ouryuken



Withstanding the tests of time, seven new warriors rise up to become the new defenders of Manehattan!

  • ...
20
 150
 5,514

Chapter 9: Shadows and Secrets (Part 3)

In the alleyways of Manhattan, a young Earth Pony rushed through an alleyway in a mad panic, desperately clinging to his stolen goods. He immediately took a sharp right and rushed towards a busy street, hoping to blend in with the crowds and elude his pursuers...

…only for Detective Cadence to push her way out of the crowd, cutting off his escape route. "Freeze!"

The thug growled under his breath as he hesitantly took a step back, slowly reaching for his knife….

"OH NO YOU DON'T!"

Cadence smirked as her new partner, a yellow Pegasus with a blue mane, dropped down from above, slamming their target into the wall, easley disarming him of his knife and pinning his arms behind his back. "Seriously? How desperate do you have to be to snatch purses in this neighbourhood?" She heard him ask mockingly as he pulled out his handcuffs.

"It was for my moms! Seriously, just let me go!" The purse snatcher begged as they dragged him to their car.

"Sure. And I'm the Queen of The Crystal Empire." He said as he closed the door.

"Nice timing, Flash." Cadence smirked as she got in the divers seat.

"Just glad I could help." He smiled as she started to drive. "So…. out of curiosity, you find anything weird from that commotion atop Fancy's tower?"

Cadence briefly flinched at this, however, she quickly regained her composure. "Sadly not much, the only info Fancy Pants give me in the public was that one of the generators malfunctioned..." She stated, opting for a half-truth considering the circumstances. She briefly noticed her partners sceptical look and shrugged. "Sound fishy to me too."

"And you couldn't investigate further?" Her partner said as the two got in. "Because that sounds exceptionally sketchy honestly. Like for real."

"Listen, rookie..." Cadence began as she started driving. "Fancy Pants isn't the kind of guy you can just wave your badge in front of and automatically get every answer you're looking for." She explained as she turned a corner. "Trust me, I know that he has more than a few skeletons in his closet, the problem is that he's very good at hiding said closet."

"What's the point of being a detective or a cop if we can't do a bit of light snooping?" He said with a smirk. "I mean the guy probably has his guard down right now. Thinks everything is all in the clear."

"I mean you two can do that afterwards right? After I'm dropped off? Please don't just leave me in the car." Their suspect begged.

"Zip it back there!" Cadence snapped, immediately taking a left. "You know rookie, if I didn't know any better I'd say you-"

*FWASH*

*THUMP*

Before she could finish, a bright lavender light suddenly appeared right above the car, less than a second afterwards a lone figure was sent flying out of it and landed right on top of the hood.

"HOLY SHI-" Flash hollered as Cadence immediately hits the brakes, unintentionally throwing the figure off.

"What was that?!" The suspect asked with a lot of panic.

"WHAT PART OF YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!" Cadence shouted as she got out and hurried over to the figure. "....and of course my luck is this bad."

"Ugh... guess my spell was.... a little off..." Twilight groaned as she slowly picked herself up, only to come face-to-face with a familiar pony. "C-Cadence? What are-"

"When the name of Faust is that thing!?" Flash shouted as he got out of the car.

"Flash stay with the snatcher!" Cadence snapped as she turned her attention back to Twilight, examining her wounds and the ragged breathing. "What the Tartarus happened to you? Did you get into some kind of fight?"

"Y-you could say that..." Twilight gasped and she struggled to get to her feet, but quickly found herself being helped up by her friend. "Thank you..."

Flash in the meantime could only watch in fascination and confusion as his superior helped up the strange creature, one that she seemed to be very familiar with. However, as he attempted to properly register the situation, he caught a glimpse of something in the reflection of the car window.... a figure standing atop one of the buildings… aiming what looked like….

...a sniper rifle.

"GET DOWN!!" He shouted before ducking behind the car, the sound of glass shattering getting everyone's attention.

They all saw the purse snatcher looking a bit woozy as a dart with a red feathered tip was embedded into his chest. "Thhhhat just.... came from the skyyyyy my mare." He slurred before slumping over and passing out.

"Oh no!" Twilight gasped as she quickly summoned a dome of magic around herself and Cadence just as the assailant fired upon them. "I can't... hold this.... for long!" She grunted as the assailant started firing at her, her already fatigued body was just barely able to conjure up enough magic to protect them both, as evidenced by her slowly falling to her knees with sweat dripping down her forehead.

not wasting a second, Cadence quickly pulled out her communicator and contacted her comrade. "Flash, it seems like whoever's up there is using a Winchester!" Cadence stated as she drew her own gun and aimed at the rooftops, hoping for a clearer shot. "Flash, can you see where the shooter is?!"

"Maybe, but I need a better angle!" He stated as he immediately drew his own gun and glanced over the hood of the car. "I'm gonna need some cover!"

"Dammit... hey Twi, think you can give us some cover?" Cadence asked the lavender Ponygoyle, who was still worn out from her previous spell. "Look, I know it's asking a lot. But we need to find a way to get a clear shot on that sniper!"

"I'm... trying!" Twilight grunted as she desperately attempted to keep the shield up, however, her endurance was being pushed to its limits, as evidenced by the several cracks becoming visible on the surface of the shield every time the assailant fired.

But then, at that moment, the artifact in her bag suddenly started to pulsate yet again, engulfing her body in a warm lavender glow. Much to her surprise, she felt her magic and stamina slowly being replenished...

However, the shots were still making some dents in her shield. It almost felt like to some degree like they were draining her magic. "Hurry detective! I don't think my magic can hold up much longer!"

'Damnit!' Flash mentality cursed as he attempted to fire at their assailant again, only to miss and be forced to take cover before they fired upon him once more. 'We're sitting ducks here!' He thought as he turned his attention to his superior and the strange creature, who was shifting her some into a wall to protect both of them. 'There's gotta be something we can to-wait....'

"Hey, Cadence! Notice anything about our shooter?" Flash whispered as he tried making sure none of the darts hit him. "Like for instance how they can see clearly on a dark night like this?"

Cadence glanced at her comrade and thought for a moment, looking upwards she realized that their assailant seemed to be wearing some sort of helmet with red goggles covering their eyes.

'Night vision, of course!' the detective smirked as she glanced at Flash and winked. "On my signal, make a beeline for the building." She whispered as her horn started to glow. "Twilight, I have an idea, but you're going to have to trust me on this..."

"How much trust?" Twilight asked as another dart hit the magic shield and cracked it.

"Look do you trust me or not? I need to know right now." Cadence asked as she looked at where the shooter fired.

Twilight bit her lower lip, glaring up at the assailant as they proceeded to load another round. "Fine, I... I trust you! But whatever you're going to do you better do it now!" She stated as several more cracks spread across her shield.

"Okay. I need you to make a flashbang spell." Cadence said. Only to find Twilight with a confused look on her face. "Make a bright orb that explodes in light. Our assailant is wearing night goggles. Meaning they're seeing in the dark, if they got some light in their eyes they'll lose that advantage."

Taking her advice, Twilight slowly yet subtly lowered her left hand, making it look like she was suffering from fatigue (though in a way she was rather worn out). Placing her hand behind her back she slowly started to focus a large amount of her magic into a small glowing orb...

Cadence then began adding her own magic to the orb. The light soon began building up and up until it reached a critical point. "Okay NOW!" Cadence shouted as Twilight chucked the orb through her shield and straight towards the shooter, after which it exploded in a bright flash of light.

"What the-AARRGH!" The assailant screamed as she was blinded, dropping the rifle and covering her eyes in pain.

Seeing his chance, Flash immediately rushed towards the building she had been perched on and flew straight for the top, quickly pulling out a taser. The moment he got to the top he immediately rammed it into assailants' chest. With a smirk, he turned it on.... but noticed it did nothing as the sniper then quickly disarmed him and on instinct grabbed him by the neck (the flash causing her to not see his wings) and toss him off the building. "Nice try cop boy. You're gonna have to try a bit harder though."

"How's this for harder!?" Flash fired back as he spread his wings, flying upwards out of range before diving towards her and delivering a sharp kick to her face with enough force to knock off her helmet, sending her staggering backwards as well as revealing a mask with three red diagonal claw marks and the with a horn protruding from her forehead. Ignoring the pain in his lower right leg from such an impact, he then quickly drew his firearm again and aimed it right at her face before she could go for her rifle. "Don't. move."

She sighed as she kept her hands up. "Do you even know what kind of creature you're guarding?" She asked as he began handcuffing her. "What it is or why it's here?"

"I know that you attacked two cops and have a firearm I am going out on a limb and say you stole. Now then let's see who you are…." Flash said as he reached for the captured mare's mask.

Unfortunately for Flash, their adversary seemed to be two steps ahead of them, as the moment he touched her face, an electric jolt emitted from the mask, temporarily stunning him. "OW! Son of a-"

*POW*

Not wasting a second, the assailant immediately jumped upwards and delivered a spinning kick to his face, sending him spiralling across the roof.

"You know it's impolite to ask a girl's name before the first date." She smirked as she quickly picked the lock on her handcuffs, grabbed the night vision goggles and began running off, her prey eluding her tonight though the hunt was still on…

"Trust me, lady, you're not the kind of girl to bring home to Mom." A third voice chimed in, change just in time to dodge a concentrated blast of magic, courtesy of Detective Cadence who rushed out of the stairway leading to the roof.

"About time you showed up..." Flash groaned as he massaged his aching jaw, however upon looking around he noticed that a certain creature was missing. "Wait, where's-"

"She's not in any position to fight right now." Cadence interrupted as she drew her firearm. "I told her to seek shelter until she recovers."

"You're HELPING that demon!? Do you even know what it is or do you not care for how many their kind has slaughtered?!" The unicorn sneered under her mask. "They are a danger to us and to the rest of our kind! She has to be killed!"

Cadence narrowed her eyes. "That kind of accusation falls flat when you go out of your way to assassinate anyone associated with her!" She fired back. "This is your final warning: stand. down!"

"I only used tranq darts, your suspect is still alive just unconscious. I'm not here for civilians... even if you do side with her I'm not some cold-hearted killer!" The assailant stated firmly.

"That does NOT justify shooting at a Police Officer!" Flash interjected. "Seriously, what the hell makes you think you're less of a criminal in this situation-"

"Flash..." Cadence whispered, cutting him off. "I need you to head to the park. My friend... I don't think she'll be in any condition to defend herself in the state she's in right now... please... I know this is a lot to take in but-"

"No, I get ya. Don't worry your... dragon/pony friend is gonna be fine." Flash said as he took off. "I just had to go to work today. Could've called in sick but noooo..."

"You're making a big mistake!" Cadence heard the assassin shout. "That thing is not your ally, the moment you stop being useful to her, she'll betray you and leave you for dead!"

"Yes, I should take the advice of a psycho nag who just shoots at people without any regards to the concept of innocent crossfire!" Cadence fired back. "You claim to be a good pony but I know under that demeanour? You're just some killer who gets her kicks from having another trophy to her collection."

The assassin's eyes narrowed behind her mask. "You naive fool..." She growled before drawing a smaller firearm from a hidden compartment in her armor. "If you're going to throw down your life for that beast, then be prepared for the consequences that come with it!"


Meanwhile in the park, Twilight soared beneath some of the trees before stopping right next to a lake to catch her breath. "Finally... wasn't sure I could hold out for much longer..." She whispered, breathing a sigh of relief as she inspected the artifact she'd acquired. "....just what are you?"

The artefact glinted as she looked it over before stuffing it into her satchel… and immediately collapsed e out of pure exhaustion. "Uuuuugh..... stupid magic fatigue." She grumbled.

The sound of rustling bushes caught her attention, biting her lip, she glanced over her shoulder, mentally praying it wasn't the assassin.

Thankfully, luck seemed to be on her side has she witnessed Cadence's comrade stumble out of the bushes. "Wow..." Flash whispered, finally getting a decent look at the creature. "... look miss... whatever you are, don't panic. Cadence sent me to-"

However, he then saw how worn out she was, almost to the point of passing out completely. He hurried over to see how badly her wounds are."You look like you took one heck of a beating.... but it wasn't from your would-be killer. What happened?" He asked, kneeling next to her.

While Twilight was somewhat unsure about revealing too much info to this Pegasus, Cadence seemed to trust him enough to task him with looking after her. 'I suppose I can give him a small explanation...' She thought to herself. "I was in the middle of a fight with my clan, unfortunately, our enemy was stronger than I expected...."

"No shit... look, we need to get you to a hospital, some of these wounds could get infected..." Flash said as he examined her.

"Thank you for your concern but I only need to wait for the sun." She said with a pained groan.
"Once it shines and I am stone I will heal immediately."

"Wait, stone?" Flash asked in a sceptical tone. "....I have several questions...." He sighed as he sat down next to her.

"Trust me... when I awaken... I'll explain... everything." She whispered, only to feel a bit of warmth against her face...

The Sun had risen.


The Assassin cursed as she witnessed the Sun rising. "Consider yourself lucky..." She growled as she glared at Cadence. "Next time, the monster WILL die!" She snapped before throwing down a smoke bomb.

"Hold it!" Cadence shouted as she rushed through the smoke but saw the assassin had already vanished. "Dammit... I need to go check on Twilight t."

However as she turned her attention to the park, she realized that the sun had already begun to rise. "....something tells me I'm going to have a lot of questions to answer..." She mumbled to herself as she immediately rushed downstairs, thinking about how perplexed and confused Flash would be after all this...


Back at the Castle atop Sunset Enterprises, Fluttershy, Rarity, and their new comrade Spike landed on the tallest tower. "I still can't believe someone had enough money and power to move everything here…" Spike stated as he looked around. "It's astonishing..."

"You're telling us, darling. It's more remarkable this all didn't fall to pieces." Rarity said as she stretched.... only to notice that something felt off.

Someone was missing.

"Ah good, you managed to complete your mission." A voice called out, getting their attention. The group turned to see John walking towards them. "Fancy Pants is in a meeting right now, so he tasked me with-" The Earth Pony blinked upon seeing the purple Dragon before him. "....and this individual is...?"

"Oh! This dear is a dragon we recruited from the old days and he has grown... exceptionally well I might add." Rarity said with a small blush that went unnoticed.

John arched a brow and took a moment to observe and inspect the Dragon, somewhat sizing him up. "Intriguing." He stated bluntly before walking over to Fluttershy. "I assume you have the artifact?"

"U-um yes!" She said, searching through her satchel before she grabbed it. "Though... I think Fancy might be in for more than he can chew."

"Hm? And what does that mean exactly?"

"The artifact....." Fluttershy began. "I can't explain how, but its aura feels very... unique." She tried to explain, unfortunately, her odd experience with the artifact left her memory slightly hazy.

"I see, I'll see to it that Fancy is alerted of this immediately," John replied as he took the artifact, carefully examining it. "In the meantime, I suggest the three of you wait for your... brethren. They should be returning shortly as well..." He stated before making his way back into the castle.

"We should be seeing them again soon dear don't worry." Rarity said to an obviously nervous Fluttershy, though even she was starting to get a little worried. Shouldn't they all have been here or sent some sort of signal that they were coming back by now?

"This is great!" Spike cheered, bringing them out of their thoughts. "The whole clan will be back together again, just like old times!" He stated as he walked towards the edge of the balcony. "I especially can't wait to see the pink one, she was always the funniest-"

"Pinkie Pie." Rarity corrected. "Remember, we all have names now."

"R-right... that's gonna be really weird now." Spike said with a blush. "I-I mean not that I can't handle it! It just.... new."

"....does anyone else find it a little weird that they still haven't returned?" Fluttershy asked in a nervous tone as she glanced at the horizon, as the night sky was slowly changing to deep orange. "I mean... the Sun is almost up..."

*BIZZZAP*

A pink flash of magic cut him off as Pinkie and her azure sister appeared just between the two, tumbling to the ground in exhaustion and covered in battle scars.

"Pinkie!" Rarity screamed as she hurried to her sister, who was groaning in pain. "My word darling, what happened?! You look like you had an encounter with some barbarian horde!"

"That's... not too far... f-from the truth..." Pinkie coughed as she was helped up. "We got ambushed by an iron Ponygoyle..."

"An… Iron Ponygoyle?" Fluttershy repeated as she helped her azure sister stand up. "What are you talking about?"

"She's not joking...." The azure one spoke up as she leaned against the wall. "It was some sort of armor that resembled a Ponygoyle, able to move, think, and fight on its own..."

"Living armour... what sort of sorcery could do this?" Spike asked as he walked alongside them... and then noticed something. "Wait. Where's the purple sister? She was supposed to be with you two wasn't she?!"

"Wait, Twilight isn't here?!" Pinkie asked in a panicked tone as she looked around. "We told her to take the artifact and teleport away while we took care of the Iron-goyle! She should've gotten back before us!"

"An Iron-what?" Rarity asked as she tried helping her sister calm down. "Darling, are you saying that a literal suit of armor looked like us and attacked you?"

"Yeah! The way it moved, fought and talked, it was nothing like a normal Ponygoyle, we just barely managed to escape!" Pinkie elaborated, only to turn her attention to Spike. "Wait, who are-"

"Oh um.... hi pink one-I mean Pinkie... I'm uh... I'm your dragon guard from the old castle?" Spike said with a blush as he scratched the back of his head. "I mean it has been a while since we last met but I'm still the same… sorta."

".... Dragon?" Pinkie asked as she approached him. "Is... is that really you?"

"Y-Yeah, I go by Spike now-OOFF!" Spike began before Pinkie happily tackled him to the ground.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe it's you! You've grown so big!" She cheered as she hugged him tightly.

"Y-yeah and you s-still have... tight hugs... a little help? Somebody? Please, my ribs… breaking." Spike begged as Pinkie refused to loosen her hug.

"Ok dear, that's enough." Rarity giggled and levitated Pinkie off of him, briefly struggling to do so due to her iron grip.

"This is so amazing!" Pinky smiled as she was pulled off. "Rainbow Dash and Applejack are going to flip when they see you... where are they anyway?"

"I thought.... shouldn't they be here by now?" Fluttershy asked nervously. "I mean this is rather pushing it and.... they.... oh dear, oh no. What if they were captured by the strange armor that attacked you three?!"

"Or worse, the Hunters!" Rarity gasped, getting everyone's attention.

"Wait, they attacked you again!?" Their azure sister asked, her tone changing from worried to serious.

"Yes, one of them came after us when we tried to retrieve the artifact." Rarity explained to the group. "If Spike hadn't shown up when he did we might not have made it...."

"Ok... is anyone else seeing a pattern here?" Pinkie asked. "I mean, we get attacked by the Hunters the first time we go exploring, and then again on a mission, and now these creepy Iron-goyles start showing up?"

"You think…. you think they might have some connection?" Rarity asked, crossing her arms as she began pondering the same thing. "I mean, coincidence is one thing but this.... there has to be more to this then what it seems. Who is giving them these weapons first of all?"

"You'd be surprised how easy it is to get that kind of weaponry in this day and age... provided you have the right connections..." Spike explained glancing over his shoulder. "Unfortunately we'll have to wait before we get any answers..."

The rest of the group turned to him, wondering what he meant... only to realize that the Sun was starting to rise over the horizon... it was time for them to rest.


"Okay, so you mean that... that the creature we just saved. She's one of those Ponygoyle creatures my grandma would always tell stories about? The kind that is supposed to be a myth?!" Flash said as he and Cadence talked near Twilight's now stone-based body. "Well... formerly a myth anyways."

"That's basically long and short of it, yeah..." Cadence sighed as she rested on a nearby bench. "Trust me, I was just as surprised as you were when I first met her... but contrary to what that psychopath says she's not a threat. Just... out of her element at the moment."

"Yeah.... but I mean. This is a LOT to take in Cadence." Flash said as he groaned. "I mean what next? Aliens from outer space?" He chuckled as he looked at the stone form of Twilight.

'Knowing my luck, they might just be...' Cadence giggled a little before turning her attention to her partner. "Flash... I know you're still new and you're right, this is a lot for someone, anyone to take in on the first day..." She began as she stood up. "...but we need to keep... all of this, under wraps..."

"Oh yeah, that's gonna be super easy." Flash groaned as he rubbed his head. "And of course this all happens to be just before my birthday of all things. Last year was that Bar Brawl and now I'm covering up the fact apparently bat demons exist."

"Play your cards right and I'll buy you a cake later..." Cadence groaned as she walked past him, making her way back to her car. "Just be glad your car didn't get turned into swiss cheese."

"OH SHIT THE PERP!" Flash helped as he rushed back to the car. "Please still be there please still be there please!" He rushed to the back door and opened it to see if he was still out cold.

"Oh thank goodness...." He sighed in relief as Cadence put on some gloves and opened the door, carefully pulling the tranq dart out.

"Well, at least we get something out of it..." She said as she placed it into a small evidence bag. "I'll inspect this later, see if I can get some info on where she got this type of tranq."

"Or at least the ingredients?" Flash said as he looked around. "And um. How are we writing this to the chief because.... like this is going to be hard to hide, some of it at least."

"You mean writing off a psycho vigilante who wanted to try and send a message?" Cadence said with a smile.

Flash stared at his superior for a moment before giving her an understanding smirk. "So that kind of stuff is more common in this neighbourhood, huh?"

"You would honestly be shocked by how often it is," Cadence said with a sigh. "Anyways let's get him to lock up."


Meanwhile, in an underground bunker, the male Hunter stormed into the room, his actions doing nothing to hide how furious he was. "So close, I was SO CLOSE!!" He screamed, slamming his fist into a nearby wall hard enough to dent the metal. "And then all of it gets undone because that damn dragon had to interfere!"

The shadows of the bunker hid his features as he removed his mask and growled like an animal. "Those damned abominations were right there. Right in my sights and then... FUCKING LIZARD!"

"So am I right to assume that your mission was a bust as well?" A distinctly female voice asked as a figure emerged from the shadows; the same Assailant that had attempted to assassinate Twilight.

"I was ambushed by the dragon is all. What is your excuse Night Hawk?" The male Hunter said as she took her own mask off, once more the darkness obscuring her features.

"Apparently, the beast managed to manipulate two civilians into assisting her..." Night Hawk grumbled before removing her armor. "Both of them were cops, needless to say, they managed to get the drop on me while she escaped."

"I'd ask why you didn't decide to kill them as well but then you mentioned they were cops.... so, for now, it's excusable." The other one said as he began taking his gear off. "But what has me curious is... why now? All these years and NOW they're active?"

Before she could respond, however, their comlinks suddenly went off. [Spellbinder, Night Hawk, I need you both in the computer room immediately, there's something you need to see...]

Both siblings hurried to where the voice came from and saw their eldest sibling in front of some computers with a red light blinking on the screen. "Alright White Knight, what's so special this time? Another sighting because I could use the relief." Spellbinder said with a dark smile.

"That's the thing...." White Knight said in an uncertain tone. "...I'm not 100% sure. Our servers were just hacked by an anonymous source.... the weird thing is they didn't steal any data or anything... all they did was send us this one image..."

The massive screen above them immediately changed images, revealing what appeared to be two slumbering Ponygoyles inside of some sort of cage.

"Ponygoyles... all wrapped up for us. Seems like we're not the only one to understand the threat they represent!" Night Hawk said with a small smile. "I say we find them and interrogate them for their clan's whereabouts and activities."

White Knight sighed at this statement. "So, someone manages to hack our systems somehow, sends us a picture of two captured Ponygoyles.... around the same time we have our own encounter with their lot...." He stated, turning his attention to his comrades. "...and absolutely none of this seems suspicious to either of you?"

"We may not want to look this gift horse in the mouth brother dear." Spellbinder said, studying the cage and the contents within it. "And besides it's two fewer monsters the world has to fear. How is this a bad thing?"

"Have you ever heard the saying; "If it's too good to be true, it usually is"?" White Knight replied with a stern tone. "For all we know this could be a trap set by those very creatures, simply laying out the bait and waiting for us to rush into an ambush."

However, as he said that... a video feed came up with static and darkness obscuring who was calling them. [Hello, fellow warriors of the sun. Do you like the gift that I have laid out for you? I understand if you feel this is too easy... so I come with another offer. Maybe instead of only killing these two abominations, you would perhaps... want to lure more to them?]

The trio could only stare at the anonymous individual with varying emotions, on one hand, they were being given the chance to end the Ponygoyle threat once and for all.... and on the other...

"While I appreciate your offer, and forgive me for sounding ungrateful... but why are you helping us?" He asked. "And how did you manage to capture them so easily...?"

[I have a benefactor who has a keen interest in these freaks. So much so he invented a unit of robotic soldiers to emulate their appearance. I simply reprogrammed one of them to attack and capture rather than only examine and study.] The voice said and Knight could feel them smile. [I assure that what you see is what you get. No strings attached.]

White Knight glanced at his comrades for a moment before going over the situation in his head. A small part of him was still unsure of this person's true motives, there was just something... off about all this...

....and yet, on the other hand, this would be one of the only chances they had to end the Ponygoyle threat once and for all, they couldn't waste such a golden opportunity.

"Very well, we accept."