• Published 14th Jun 2014
  • 2,683 Views, 241 Comments

Dark Souls:the descent into friendship - star dust pony



I am a undead,im not sure how i got here,who braught me here or what this this place is...but even my strange dreams...they leave me smiling compared to what i feel is ahead of me

  • ...
37
 241
 2,683

PreviousChapters Next
chapter 28:knight's duty (WARNING:not yet filtered through editor)

I had finally let Twilight walk on her own which took allot of weight off my back and finally let me breath in the cool air of the forest.

During our little walk back to the castle I saw her face start turning worried and I felt the same, the air had turned heated. "...U-uhhh...knight Sparks?" With a small clang of my helmet's movement I looked at her. "Would you mind if I go on ahead?" I saw that she felt guilty asking that but she knew better than to think i'd be left defenseless on my own both she and Celestia saw how I fought and i'm positive in my own abilities.

I took a short breath to steady myself before speaking. "Go ahead, I don't mind and besides...I could use some time to my own thoughts." She took only a bow of her head before her horn began to glow a brilliant lavender and in a warm flash of light she was gone.

When she left the air started sinking and the growls of the forest began to grow behind me, making my body feel cold under my steel plated armor.

I took a slow turn and looked into the darkness and saw a multitude of eyes starring at me in a fiery anger. "...Well? What are you waiting for?" The sound of metal grinding out of hardened leather echoed through the trees as I drew my blade. "Come fight me...i'll send you crawling back into the darkness." My voice had a slightly deeper tone than it had before, making me sound more intimidating than I really should.

"Ask...and you shall receive." I felt my pupils shrink as a red glow stepped through the darkness the unmistakable armor of the dreaded sentinels partnered with the green hue of a shield that I myself have somewhere...and its all topped off by a the mask made of what looks like copper or gold and designed with holes and lines creating hair like curls. "Well, What is it?" He mocked me by stepping forward with his arms spread out, showing off his Zweihander.

Hate began to fuel me as not even the cool winds going under my armor could stop my body from nearly bursting into flames but no matter how powerful my rage I tried to maintain a calm voice. "...You again...I guess I should have guessed you'd be here after the dark wraiths arrived." Just as I finished talking the clang of his armor signaled my time to move.

"RRRRRAAAAGGGHHH!!!" His deep, almost vibrating voice let out a roar that made my armor plating shake as I rolled out of the way, his sword just missing me by a few inches and just allowing me to feel the heat of the chaotic metal.

I let out a small sigh, looking at my right hand for a moment, deciding quickly that two rings wouldn't be enough for this so I quickly slipped on Havel's ring and the ring which I hadn't put on yet:Ring of favor and protection, as the metal wrapped around my fingers I felt all four of the effects of the rings in both hands, the steadiness of the wolf ring, lightness of havel's ring,the goddess of love's blessing along with the red tear stone ring for when I mess up too much.

The 'Sentinel father' turned and sprinted at me for a moment before slamming down at me with enough force to break a table, This one I couldn't dodge in time leading me to feel the spiked parts of the great-sword digging deeper into my armor and flesh causing a major burning sensation deep in my shield arm. "GAH....Get...OFF!!!" I managed to hold in my shaking scream, thats trying desperately to get out, then with all my force put into my legs I kicked the fool in the face getting him and the great-sword off of me as I got up as swiftly as I could.

This was not going well for me to start with but even now my muscles shake and strained to hold my shield up as the invader came in for another attack only this time as he swung side ways I managed to roll with beautiful lightness over his sword and right behind him giving me time to cut one of his legs and run my sword through his chest.

As the 'Father of giants' I suppose he can be called, was getting up I gripped my blade with both hands, if my sword had been improved it should show it here. "Come on you lumbering mass of metal...you may be called a legend....but even legends can die." I started feeling the sword's energy violently course through my veins, making my arm jolt and bulge under my armor platting.

I heard his laugh under his mask. "THE LEGEND.NEVER.DIES!!" Oooohhhh now hes flying too close to the sun...and its going to burn him.

"Then prove it..." I twisted my sword's hilt causing it to make me glow with a red power, whatever that blacksmith did, its defiantly worth the fighting...for now I could feel my body burn with energy and strength.

We both charged at each other with as much recklessness as I ever have only this time during the swing I didn't roll, I grabbed his mask and slid behind him and pulled his head back, leaving him locked for a moment before pulling him to the floor and impaling his smug face with the burning blade in my hand and watched as he screamed out in pain and then whispers his last words in frustration. "The legend...never....dies...i'll be back..." The dark spirit began to fade.

I let out a bitter scoff and lifted my visor just enough to spit where he was. "And I will gladly tear you apart yet again." After I said that I slowly realized something...I need to calm myself down before I turn into Laurtrec...the thought of it shivered me but I needed to keep going, The castle was not far...And im sure Solare is waiting for me.

Author's Note:

not sure how long this took but thank you for being patient with me

PreviousChapters Next