• Published 14th Jun 2014
  • 6,728 Views, 245 Comments

Instant Teenager - SeasonTheWiccan



Cue is grown up, almost ready to graduate, but she wants to find some way to thank her mother for all that she had done for her...the Wonderbolts might help, but will she be able to handle living by herself while Rainbow is away?

  • ...
12
 245
 6,728

The Summer Sun Celebration

After she ate, Cue headed out to work; which, today, included cloud busting. Today, of course called for clear skies so she couldn't shape them like usual. She didn't mind this that much, she loved her job regardless; she loved the freedom she felt and she loved knowing that she was putting Shiny Bit and Sparkling Gem's money where their mouths were. They constantly antagonized Cue in her youth and told her that she'd never fly as good as her mother. She proved them wrong!

Even though they still teased her and made bitter comments, she just retorted back and kept her head high.

Her aunts and friends were also very proud of her alongside her mother! One day, during her first week, they were cheering her on as she sculpted the clouds into the letters (she had to study foam letters with Twilight for this) that spelled out a marriage proposal between Big Macintosh and Ms. Cheerilee who had been dating two years prior. How did it go? Let's just say that Cumulus was Ms Cheerilee's Mare of Honor and it must be going well because they are now expecting a baby.

Today, however, Cue was going to spell 'Welcome Princess Celestia and Princess Luna' in the sky for her performance. She was a little nervous because of the fact that she was performing for royalty, but she kept herself confident. She would think of her family and friends, mostly her mother. Even though once in a while they figuratively butted heads for one reason or another, they made up later after they cooled down. Things during these fights never got as drastic as their first falling out on the night Rainbow unintentionally kicked Cumulus out of the house. But still, they showed that they cared for each other time and time again.

The Royal Sisters arrived just as soon as the stage set in the center of the town. Cue wasn't lying when she said she wasn't nervous about meeting the princesses again. She was invited to each Gala so as a result she got to see them annually and Celestia granted Cue her sight for an hour each time and Cue couldn't be more grateful to the Princess allowing her to see her mother again. So as a result, she became good friends with the princesses.

Cumulus began to approach them but the guards blocked her way with their wings.

"Who goes there?"

"Cumulus Dash, sir."

"Prove it."

Celestia then spoke, "Ah! Cumulus! How lovely to see you again! Sirs, allow her through."

"Yes your highness."

They opened the wing barricade and allowed her to pass through, "Hello Princess," she said as she climbed the wooden steps.

"Don't forget about me!" said Luna playfully when she reached them.

Cumulus blushed, "Sorry Princess Luna."

"You don't need to be so formal Cumulus," said Luna.

"I know, I'm just being polite."

Celestia grinned, 'I've only seen one other mare like her,' she thought to herself.

"So you have a performance for us?" Luna asked.

"Yes, I hope you enjoy it."

Rainbow then came up and said, "Cue, you're up."

"Oh! Okay, that's me!"

The mayor stepped on the stage beside Cumulus and addressed the crowd, "Ladies and Gentlecolts! I'm sure I speak for everypony when I bid welcome to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna."

Everyone in the audience cheered as the princesses waved gracefully.

"And now, our very own Cumulus will perform an aerial act for us...Cumulus?"

Cumulus nodded and stepped forward, she then spread her wings and crouched so she could jump and take off at the speed she wanted.

'Alright Cue, you can do this,' she told herself.

She took a deep breath ant leapt up, flapping her wings as fast as she could! Her wings took her upwards at her top wing power speed. As she continued to propel upwards, she caught a chunk of cloud in her arms. Cue then went straight down as she got to work on the 'W.'

As she worked the message, everypony below stared up in awe, they were amazed at her skill while considering he disability. Rainbow Dash herself was a mix between being on edge for her daughter's safety and being proud of her, these emotions fought each other for which would show on her face and pride won. This pride, love and joy she'd been given for these past 18 years had been the most life changing events of her life.

Cue finished the 'A' in Luna's name and she then shot upward like a rocket!

"Big finale Cue! You can do this!" she told herself.

When she reached the appropriate height, she went for a nose dive.

Rainbow watched with crossed hooves, all the training for this performance, all of the advice, sweat, tears, cuts and bruises all led down to this moment, "Come on baby, come on baby, come on baby..." Rainbow chanted to herself.

Cue felt pressure building up at her hooves as she continued downward, she felt the cone of pressure her mom told her about building up around her. She almost got too excited but told herself to stay focused and concentrate. She was then shot forward at a speed that she wouldn't be able to do with just wings and she heard the explosion and the applause! She turned to fly straight over the audience and heard her family cheering - the voice that stood out above all of them was her Mom's.

"A SONIC RAINBOOM! THAT'S MY BABY! THAT'S MY BABY! SHE DID IT!"

Cumulus felt herself glow with pride as she flew over the message in an arch, creating a rainbow over it.

When she landed on the stage, the audience was even louder! She then realized that she was the 2nd Pegasus to master the Sonic Rainboom - the first being her own mother. She then felt a hoof on her shoulder, "I think your performance took the spotlight from us," came Celestia's voice.

"Sorry...I didn't mean..."

"No apologies are necessary Cumulus, it was beautiful," said Luna.

Cumulus smiled with pride, she may have outshined the princesses and she did feel bad for doing that, but she knew that the Princesses didn't mind. It was her way of saying, 'Welcome' and 'It's good to see you again' at the same time.