• Published 8th Jun 2014
  • 777 Views, 33 Comments

The Failure - sparklerthesableye



When a changeling named Thunder Strike is ordered specifically by Queen Chrysalis to replace a certain Wall-eyed Pegasus, she thinks it's a dream come true to have that much love directed at her. But when she starts to return it...

  • ...
3
 33
 777

Chapter Eleven: Manehatten, City of Twilight-Mind-Reading

Thunder Strike readjusted Derpy so that it would be easier for her to carry the pegasus, then gave commands and described a very complicated plan. At the end, Octavia smiled. "Wow, that must have taken a lot of thought. You must really like this guy. I'm sorry about screwing it up..." She frowned, and Thunder gave her an empathetic look. They all started walking towards the train station.

"Oh, it's alright. You were just worried about his safety, which I understand, seeing as I am a member of a race that almost took over Canterlot not too long ago." Tavi smiled again, but with more meaning.

"Thank you for saying that. It was nice. Though, now that I think we're at least 'close acquaintances,' I have a few things I want to talk about regarding your plan. I don't recall you mentioning the actual 'getting him back' part, we have no idea where he actually is, and nowhere in your spoken plan did you explain why you brought Derpy." Thunder inhaled and began to talk at a speed that would make Pinkie Pie envious.

"The getting him back part is just some calm, casual talking after we corner him, I planted a GPS tracking device on him when I suspected you were onto me, so I know he's in Baltimare, and the Derpy thing is for in case he wants to know where she is, because he's worried about her, or some other corny, romance movie-worthy bullshit." Octavia's eyes widened.

"Firstly, GPS tracking is a little bit stalker-ish, and secondly, there is no need for swearing. Also, you do realize that by bringing the girl he was in love with, even when you were a very unconvincing version of her, you may have made him fall in love with her again, right?" Thunder tilted her head slightly, frowned a very depressed frown, and stared at Tavi, only visible eye twitching.

"Hehehe... N-nop-pe. Ne-ev-ver oc-c-cured t-to m-me." She then ran full speed towards the train station, and when no one could see her, she let loose a single tear. Despite the possible heartbreak, she swore that not a another tear would fall from her face today. She didn't want to know what would happen if her emotions got out of check. Geez. What kind of loser am I? I'm a heterochromatic*, bipolar changeling. Just one of the previous two can get you shunned by changelings, and being a changeling gets you shunned by normal ponies. The only one who was always accepting of me as me was... Luna. Wait... LUNA! Thunder looked up, sniffing the air. Her group had caught up to her, and were completely perplexed as to why she was behaving strangely. Her ears were moving around, in seemingly random patterns. Twilight deciphered that the changeling mare was searching for something. But what? Suddenly, Thunder's ears stopped moving, and she started walking in the direction they were facing. The others followed, not knowing in the slightest what was going on. Well, except for Twilight. When they reached Thunder's destination, everyone in the group (again, excluding Twiley) gasped. They were in Baltimare. With Princess Luna, now at their side. Twilight was much less impressed.

Nice use of primal tracking ability, and teleportation** on Luna's part. I just want to know how the others didn't notice. The following a changeling concept is pretty distracting. Probably for my sister-in-law especially, since her wedding was kind of trashed by them. I wonder if- Twilight was snapped out of her thoughts as Applejack started pushing her from behind. Twilight quickly started up on her own. "You could've just said something." Applejack smirked, and frolicked off gleefully. I wonder if Applejack, Rarity, and I are the only ones who trust Thunder. My sister-in-law's kingdom was taken over by them, and Gilda and Octavia are (legally) willing slaves. It doesn't really seem very likely that there's trust there. It's also possible that Rarity doesn't trust her and only came to help with the whole true love thing. So in all honesty, it's just Applejack and I. Haha, honesty. Applejack, Element of Honesty. Rarity is generous, being the Element of Generosity. Generosity can take many forms, so she may be generous with trust. Hm. I may need to look into tha- oh look, we're here. Oh, wait. No we aren't. Twiley looked at what looked like a 1960s-style trottingham police box, in the middle of the forest. Yeah, because that isn't random at all. A shout of 'My name is Gluteus Maximus. Are you not entertained?!' could be heard coming from an improvisation drama studio. Next thing you know, some random mare with big, poofy hair will start singing 'Hey Momma, Welcome to the 60's.' Just then, some random mare with big, poofy hair started singing 'Hey Momma, Welcome to the 60's.' This place is scaring me. It's like it knows what I'm thinking. Twilight crashed into a sign that said 'Madam Pinkie Pie: She knows what you're thinking!'

"Twilight, when yer dun gawkin' at the sights, ah think Thunder'd 'preciate if ya helped us find the Doctor." Applejack extended a hoof. Twilight gave her a dirty look, but pulled herself up.

Author's Note:

*If you know what heterochromia is, don't bother explaining to people. It will be explained. Fun Fact: Both 'heterochromatic' and 'heterochromia' needed to be added to my dictionary. I feel 20% cooler AND smarter now!:rainbowdetermined2:
**Seriously? My computer dictionary didn't have the word 'teleportation' in it?:facehoof:
Sorry this took so long, I had Writer's Block, got an idea, procrastinated, forgot the idea, remembered the idea, procrastinated some more, forgot it again, got sucked into the Internet (Google images was a lot of it. Auto-correct failures, ponies, and Pokemon, mostly), got new idea, scrapped it, remembered the old idea, mixed it with the new one, and TADA! This happened. Two part chapter coming up. Disturbing musical number[a], [bb]***character death(kind of), heartbreak[c], and an epic chase scene[d] in it. (In order[dad], [bb], and finally,[c].)
BTW, technically, Thunder is very complex and awesome OC.:ajsmug:
***...Don't ask.