• Published 10th Jun 2014
  • 3,080 Views, 45 Comments

Rangers Lead the Way - HonestAJ4President



A Squad of 75th regiment US Rangers crash land in the Everfree Forest after being teleported by a magical rift caused by Discord's chaos during the events off the first 2 episodes of Season 2

  • ...
33
 45
 3,080

Chapter 1; Ponyville

Author's Note:

Hope I explained how a gun works rather well. Took a while due to the fact that I've been playing XCOM Enemy Within on the PS3 and every time I get to XCOM base defence I run into a glitch. Deleted and redownloaded it to skip the patch that causes the black screen glitch. Now no enemies are spawning.
Oh and just search the SEALs rifleman model to get an idea of what the soldiers look like

Chapter 1
Ponyville

Alright, I didn't expect technicolor ponies with horns or wings. The silence was broken by a purple unicorn with a black mane with a purple strip, who said, "Well, um hello and thank you for saving us. I'm Twilight Sparkle and this is Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie Pie." pointing at herself, an orange normal pony with a yellow mane(I had to wrestle in my mind with the fact that she was named after a breakfast cereal on our world), a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane, a creme pegasus with a pink mane, a white unicorn with a dark purple mane and an all pink normal pony.

Seeing how I understood them, I spoke. "I'm Captain Steven Sanderson and this is Sergeant Thomas Volk. I assume that you're looking for the crash site," they all nodded and I said" Follow us."

They did and after a few minutes the one Twilight had named Applejack asked, "So, how in tarnation did you kill the manticore?"

"Well, you see the things we are carrying." she nodded, I took out my pistol, ejected the magazine and took a bullet out of it. "This is a bullet, inside this is gunpowder," pointing to the bullet casing, "in the case of my pistol here, when I pull the trigger, the hammer, which is this thing here, is released and it hits the bottom of the casing and the primer. The primer ignites the gunpowder inside and that launches the tip out faster than the speed of sound."

The final statement raised a complaint from Rainbow Dash, who said "Hey, I'm the only thing that goes faster than sound."

That got me to laugh a little and explained, "Well in our world, our species has been going faster than sound ever since 1947, and our world is currently in the year 2030." That got them quiet for the rest of the walk.

When we got really close, we heard someone yell "STAR!". The ponies looked questioningly at us and I shouted back "TEXAS" and heard the reassuring sound of safeties going on. Star and Texas were our pass code to identify friend from foe. We walked out of the bushes and the ponies followed me to where I was formulating a plan before Volk got the signatures. I set my SCAR down and said, "Ok, I'm assuming you want some answers. Ask away, unless it involves how we got here. We don't know."

Twilight was first to ask, taking out a scroll and quill and I'm assuming writing what her question was, "What are you and what is your job"

"We are humans, homo sapiens scientifically, the study of our species is called anthropology. Life expectancy is 84 for men and 86 for women. We are omnivores, eating plants and animals to get essential vitamins and minerals. Our job is military. More specifically, United States of America's army, that's the country we are from. To be even more specific, We are US Army Rangers, a Tier 1 special forces group. We are Hunter Teams of the 75th Regiment, consisting of 3 squads of 8 soldiers."

Rainbow Dash asked next "So your saying that that thing can go faster than me?"

"The C-250, nah, it barely goes half that. However that isn't the only plane we got." I tapped on my W.M.C(Wrist Mounted Computer) selecting archives , and aircraft. Finding the craft I was looking for, I selected it to project on the makeshift table. "This is the F/A 40. A Vertical Take-Off and Landing fighter attack class jet. Goes Mach 10, which is 10 times the speed of sound or 3,145 miles per hour."

Rarity asked, "Do you wear clothes all the time and why are you wearing that, the color is horrid."

"In our culture, it is um considered rude to not wear clothes in public. Here this guy can explain it much better. "I said accessing my W.M.C and the videos I had saved onto its 1000 TB hard drive that came with the scientific advancements. I searched for the video by Vsauce 'Why Do We Wear Clothes?' and found what I looked for and sent it to the projector. After it was over, I sensed that many more questions coming my way. "To answer the other question, this is desert camouflage. We were going to a desert before we were sent here."

Twilight suddenly said "We need to get you to Princess Celestia." "Alright." I said before standing up and shouting "Alright boys we're Oscar Mike! If you got a EXO suit, carry supplies." turning to the ponies. "Let's go"

After a long walk we came to a clearing and saw the town that the ponies identified as Ponyville. "Here's our plan." I said turning to Twilight "We, with permission from the Mayor, are going to set up a base camp on city limits." She replied with an ok and we went towards town. We decided that only Hunter 1 would go into town, without our primaries without face masks or helmets. I removed my helmet and revealed my short, dark brown. Then my face mask, which I personalized with a skull decal, to reveal my goatee. I stamped my SCAR into the ground and placed my helmet on top and tied my face mask around the stock.

We got a few odd looks walking towards town hall, but who wouldn't. Before we arrived at town hall, Twilight stopped at her house, which is a tree, to get her assistant, who is a dragon. She introduced him as Spike. After he sent the letter by burning it, we went to town hall. It went smoothly, we got permission to make a base camp outside town and Twilight said she got a reply from the Princess, who said she would be meeting us to discuss what we are going to do.