• Published 10th Jun 2014
  • 3,080 Views, 45 Comments

Rangers Lead the Way - HonestAJ4President



A Squad of 75th regiment US Rangers crash land in the Everfree Forest after being teleported by a magical rift caused by Discord's chaos during the events off the first 2 episodes of Season 2

  • ...
33
 45
 3,080

Chapter 2; The Meeting

2 Days Later 9;45 am
Location; Outside Ponyville. Codename; FOB Equestria

I woke up the morning Twilight had said the leader of their country was to meet us. I got out of my sleeping bag and then out of one of the many tents we pitched to set up FOB Equestria. Yesterday we were able to locate many of the crates dropped as we prepared to bail out. I went to the Mess Hall tent and grabbed a cup of coffee and MRE. After I ate, I cleaned my rifle and pistol. I saw the time and made way towards the entrance of our makeshift camp. On the way I ran into our appointed Quartermaster, Staff Sergeant Howard. "Morning Sergeant, how are our supplies looking?" I asked

"According to files, we should have 4000 5.56 rounds, 2000 .50 BMG, 1000 .45 ACP, 1500 12 Gauge, 250lb of C4, 35 Squirrel Suits, our stocked Glider Wings, 4 parachutes, 35 EXO suits, 15 Stealth Suits and 400 MREs. We have recovered all ammo, MREs and C4. Other than that most, if not all, wearable equipment that has been recovered. The parachutes and shock absorbers were able to save most equipment. However, the suits that were not badly damaged have been able to be salvaged."

"Good," Multiple shadows passed over us and when I looked up I saw golden chariots pulled by pegasi. I remarked "So weird not seeing a Blackhawk or Skyranger, huh." The Skyranger I'm referring to is the V-44 Skyranger, which is basically a V-22 Osprey with jet engines instead of turboprops. The chariots landed and the ponies inside got out. I shouted "EVERYBODY TO THE FRONT GATE! WE GOT VISITORS!" The men started scrambling around, putting on helmets and grabbing rifles, before running towards the entrance and standing at attention. I grabbed my rifle and helmet before walking down the row made by the soldiers with 2-1 and 3-1.

We moved forward and met the Princesses. "Good morning, Princess Celestia. We would give you a 21 gun salute, a formal way to greet foreign leaders, but we do not have much ammo to spare."

"No need to apologize, Captain. We have brought Captain Shining Armor, our military expert, to assess you militarily and a group of our top scientists-" Suddenly, Twilight's friends came running up.

"Sorry, sorry. We would have been here sooner but somepony overslept." Twilight said, shooting a glare at Rarity, who looked quite embarrassed.

Celestia replied "No need to apologize Twilight. As I was saying we have also brought a group of our top scientists to assess you scientifically."

I stifled a chuckle and said "Alright." I turned to my men and said "Alright everyone, dismissed."

I turned back to the ponies and said "I believe that we will begin our tour at the firing range. Follow me."

On the way I asked about the fact we needed more wood to build an assault course. "Applejack, we need some more wood to build an assault course. Got any to spare?"

"Not at the moment, but we were planning to tear down the barn to rebuild it. Ah reckon if you help us take it down, we could lend ya the wood."

"You know, I can one up you and take it down nearly immediately. I got a plan that involves Rainbow Dash and 16 pounds of plastic explosives."

Rainbow was taken aback at my involvement of her in my plan "Hey, why am I in your plan?"

"Alright, put 4 pounds of C4 on the 4 corners of the barn, clear the area of anything of value, detonate and you take care of what's left. That sound good to you?" she considered for a few moments and nodded "Applejack?"

"Sounds good but Ah want to see this 'C4'."

"Alright that'll be our second stop."

We arrived at the makeshift firing range and I greeted the manager of the firing range, 2LT. Grayson. "Morning Captain, what can I do for ya?"

"We're here to show the ponies firearms. I would also like you to show the scientists here, how they work."

"Yes sir. Alright, if you're one of the scientists stay here" before deciding that his sidearm would serve as a demonstration.

I said "'Welcome to 'Pull the Trigger 101'. Private Philips here is going to demonstrate our firearms." I motioned to Philips and he primed his rifle. "We are United States of America Army Rangers, some of the best soldiers in our world. Just to boot we are the 75th Regiment, the best of the Rangers. We train day in and day out in many different environments. We have trained with most, if not all, kinds of firearms. The Private here has a Colt M-27 assault rifle. 30 round magazine, chambers 5.56x45mm North Atlantic Treaty Organization, or NATO, round." I picked up said round and showed it to them. "Exits the barrel at 884 miles per second. Effective range of 500 meters for a point target or 600 meters for an area target. The rate of fire is 700 to 950 rounds per minute. It can deal a lot of death if used properly. Fire away Private." The private fired 3 rounds into the target set up down range. "Every system has its downfall. Mechanism malfunctions range from safe and temporary, such as a casing not ejecting, to potentially dangerous, like a squib load.

Our species invents things to solve problems, for example, an someone builds a castle, their enemy invents gunpowder and the cannon. To try and save lives from bullets, we invented synthetic body armor that can, in most cases, stop bullets from puncturing the body and wounding the soldier. To penetrate said armor, we make armor piercing ammo. Any questions so far?"

"Yes," said Twilight, "Why do you go to war with your own species?"

"Ms. Sparkle, the greatest philosophers haven't been able to figure it out. However, my best guess is that it expanded from territory wars from our ancient ancestors similar to that of wolves. Anymore questions? No, good. On to the next area."

For the next hour, we toured the relatively small camp. Finally, it came to an end and we stood at the entrance of the camp. "Thank you, Captain. Now I must consult with my advisors." said Celestia.


3rd Person

Celestia and her advisors stood out of earshot of Sanderson and his Lieutenants "What are your findings Captain Armor?" asked Celestia.

"I believe the only things we'd have against them, even a small force such as them, is our magic. Even then it's not by much. While on tour, I got into a conversation with Captain Sanderson about his species history of war. Apparently a long time ago, an ancient general wrote a book called the Art of War. Sanderson said practically every successful general has had it on their bookshelf. Therefore I believe that militaristically, an army would crush us in days."

"I see. Dr. Night. What are your findings?"

"I must say, if their civilian technology is half as advanced as their military tech, they surpass us and then run past us a few more times. If you had told me that a species without wings or magic could crush us in every way scientifically, I'd have called you crazy. They have no wings, but figured out how to fly; they have no magic but they have strived to find out how the universe works. We could learn a lot from them, scientifically. Especially their ingenuity"

"Ok, I believe that I've made a decision." said Celestia before walking back to Sanderson.


"Gentlecolts." said Celestia

"Yes Princess." I responded.

"I would like to make an offer. If you agree to join the Equestrian Army as a..."

"Special Forces Unit." I suggested.

"Yes, thank you. If you agree to join the Equestrian Army as a Special Forces Unit, I will give all of your soldiers Equestrian citizenship. To you specifically, your own unit made up of your own soldiers which you can command as you see fit. So Captain, do you agree?"

"And if I refuse?" I asked.

"You and your soldiers will have to earn citizenship and find their own jobs. Again, do you agree?"

After a few seconds pondering, I made up my mind. "Alright, consider us part of your army."

Author's Note:

Writer's Block is a bitch
The problem is I know where I want the story to go but I don't know how to get there. I know that the story will end at the failed Changeling invasion of Canterlot and that Information Redacted By Canterlot Intelligence Agency and Fillydelphia Bureau of Investigation, but I don't know how to get there.
Also, the tech level I'm going for is a mix between Black Ops 2( T.A.Gs, Interactive Wrist-Mounted Display, Wing-suit), Ghost Recon(Active Camo), and Advanced Warfare(EXOs)