• Published 2nd Jun 2014
  • 1,138 Views, 57 Comments

The Four Ponies of the Apocalypse - JebtheDBAGpony



It's the end of times in Equestria, but they're not ready to give up just yet.

  • ...
7
 57
 1,138

Our Last Hope

Fluttershy was sitting by Rainbow Dash's bedside, reading her the newest edition of Daring Do, her favorite book series. She had been doing this for several days now, acting as if Rainbow Dash was suddenly going to just wake up.

"But Daring Do was too quick. Before he could reach the final staff of Agartha, Daring swung from on of the wires that hung from the ceiling and snatched it right out of.... Ah-hu-zo-tl's..... Hand, and leaped onto the pillar of lightning and ran off with a wink-"

"Ahuizotl....." Rainbow Dash Mumbled.

"Oh, right, Ahuizotl...." Fluttershy corrected herself.

Suddenly, Fluttershy's eyes widdened as she looked at Rainbow Dash, who was slowly waking up into consciousness. Fluttershy dropped the book and shock and ran out into the hallways to find Applejack. Applejack was sitting in the waiting room, just finishing up a crossword puzzle when Fluttershy came running out.

"She's awake!" Was all fluttershy said before she rain back to Rainbow Dash's room.

That was all Applejack needed to hear. She dropped her crossword puzzle and ran after Fluttershy. When they got to the room, Rainbow Dash was by now fully conscious. She smiled and tears filled her eyes, as Rainbow gave a very weak wave of her hand to say hi.

She walked in and knelt beside Rainbow Dash. "Ah can't believe it... Ah'm so glad you're alive!"

Applejack was almost too close to giving Rainbow Dash a hug. Thankfully she remembered the injuries.

"So?" Rainbow Dash looked around. "When am i gonna get to walk outa this place?"

Fluttershy and Applejack went silent. They remembered what the doctor had said about Rainbow Dash. She wasn't going to be able to fly for another month, and she would NEVER get to walk again.

Fluttershy whimpered but eventually spoke up. "U-Uh.... Rainbow.... Theres something you need to know...."

At that moment, the doctor walked into the room, and smiled to see that Rainbow Dash was awake again. "I see your feeling well! And your friends even came to greet you."

Rainbow Dash chuckled. "Yeah. I dont know what i would do without them~"

Applejack sighed and began to walk out of the room, until the doctor stopped her by grabbing her arm, and he whispered. "Does she know yet....?"

Applejack shook her head no. "We dont know how to tell her......"

The doctor sighed and gave Applejack a pitiful look. "It'd be best for her to hear it from a friend"

Applejack couldn't bare the thought. Rainbow dash's entire life mainly revolved around her ability to fly and walk. To hear that one of then would be ripped from her forever, and another for a month, it would destroy her. Then her emotions turned to anger, she thought about the woman who did this to her, and she balled her fists up, and if the doctor hadn't been there to break her out of her trnace, he would've ended up with a hole in his face.

"Applejack?" The Rainbow Dash questioned. "What's going on?"

Applejack turned to Rainbow Dash, and tears began to fall from her eyes. She couldn't bear to see Rainbow Dash's sorrow, so without a word, she turned and left. she ran out of the hospital where she finally broke down and cried. After a few minutes, she heard the cry of Rainbow Dash's sorrow, making it apparent that Fluttershy finally told her.

Applejack walked back into the building and stopped when she saw the two mysterious girls as the counter. One was dressed in red and gold armor with a large sword on her back, and the other had green and black hair with a brown trench coat. It only added to her curiosity when the larger woman asked the receptionist to see Twilight, at this point, Applejack was suspicious.

As she followed the two down the hall, making sure to keep some distance, she started to noticed the green haired girl's hand keeping close to her crossbow. Applejack knew that blood was about to be spilled, so when the larger girl stopped suddenly, Applejack was able to react quickly enough to duck under her left hook as she spun around to face her. Applejack managed to hit her with a hard enough uppercut to send her flying 10 feet away, but in that motion, the other girl sent a wave of arrows her way. Applejack ducked behind a metal car set near one of the hospital rooms.

As Pestilence reloaded her crossbows, Applejack took the opportunity to give the cart a hard kick in her direction. Pestilence looked up just in time to see the cart sailing through the hair, knocking into her and managed to hit her hard enough to knock her cold. Applejack huffed in exhaustion, but before she could pat herself on the back in victory, she noticed that War was no longer where she had landed.

"Shit...." Applejack mumbled to herself in panic.

Applejack looked around the immediate area and noticed that Twilight's door was open. Her heart sank as she thought about what that woman would do to Twilight, if her intentions were was Applejack thought they were. She sprinted toward's Twilight room and threw the door open. Twilight was merely sitting there in her bed, still in her coma. Applejack sighed in relief and walked in. She looked around and saw no sign of War what-so-ever.

But all of her thoughts of the brutish woman faded as she looked at Twilight and fell into a despair. It was a scary thing, seeing a friend so close to death that she just might lose her. but her thoughts were interrupted as her ankle was grabbed and she was thrown through the hospital wall and into the hallway. She coughed up some blood and looked to see War stomping towards her.

"It'd be best if you just give up. The harder you fight me, the stronger i'm gonna get..." War said as she placed her boot onto Applejack's head and began to press down.

The pressure from her boot quickly started to crush her skull, her ears were ringing and she could feel her eyes bulging from her skull. Applejack closed her eyes and waited for her head to become nothing more that a smashed watermelon. As war grinned a small wheel from the tossed cart hit her in the side of the head, barely even causing her to flinch. She looked to her side and saw Fluttershy standing a few feet away, trying her best to look brave, But war could see right through it.

"Y-You leave my friends alone!" Fluttershy squeaked.

"Heh...." was all that left War's lips as she raised her foot off of Applejack's head and walked over to the shy little Pegasus.

Fluttershy's false bravery melted away as she saw War walk towards her. Her knees buckled in fear and she began to shake violently. Just as War was about to unsheathe her sword, she heard the jingle of the FF7 victory music, recognizing it as Pestilence's ringtone. After 2 more rings, Pestilence threw the cart off of her, stood, and pulled her phone out.

"Yello?" She answered, pausing as the person on the other side spoke. "So you found it? ......... Alright then, we'll wrap things up here......... Alright Alright, we'll bring the girl...... Adios~"

Pestilence hung up her phone and looked to War.

"Well?" War questioned with an attitude.

"We're supposed to head to the castle in Canterlot ASAP" She said, giving back just as much attitude.

"Of-Fucking-course...." War grumbled, letting go of the handle of her sword.

"Oh, also, we're supposed to bring a hostage, and I think we have a volunteer~" Pestilence said looking to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy whimpered as War chuckled. "Just close your eyes, and you won't have to see it coming~"

But before Fluttershy could react, she saw War's fist fly at her face, as everything suddenly went black.