• Published 2nd Jun 2014
  • 1,137 Views, 57 Comments

The Four Ponies of the Apocalypse - JebtheDBAGpony



It's the end of times in Equestria, but they're not ready to give up just yet.

  • ...
7
 57
 1,137

Is This The End?

Pinkie was in her home, mashing the button on her controller, trying her best to beat Xigbar on Kingdom Hearts 2, but she was having no luck. This a was probably her 18th attempt and he still gets her every time.

"Ugh! This guys is freaking impossible!" Pinkie yelled to herself.

Suddenly Pinkie's eye started to twitch, and her jaw chattered. "Pinkie sense....." After the jaw chatter, her hair started to tingle.

Pinkie Pie gasped. "Rainbow Dash is in trouble!"

She pressed paused on the game and ran out the door as fast as she could. She ran up to Twilight's house where her Pinkie Sense started to go crazy. She bashed through the door with the brute force of her body and saw Rainbow Dash laying on the ground.

"Rainbow!" Pinkie yelled, rushing over to her crippled friend. "Are you OK!?"

Pinkie listened for a moment to Dash. She wasn't breathing. She felt for a pulse and thankfully found one. Pinkie dialed 911 and started to perform CPR. She breathed into Dash's mouth and started pressing on her chest.

"C'mon Dashie! Say something!" She breathed in and pressed some more.

Rainbow dash eventually woke up and coughed up blood. She rolled to her side to cough the rest up until she could breath clearly. Once she could She pulled the book from her jacket that she had been hiding during the beating she received moments ago.

"Rainbow Dash! Are you alright!?" Pinkie asked.

"I-I'm.... Fine....." Rainbow Dash coughed up some more blood. "I need you.... To get this..... To Princess Celestia...."

Rainbow Dash handed Pinkie Pie the book and collapsed to the floor. She passed out just before the ambulance arrived to take her to the hospital.... Pinkie looked at the book Rainbow Dash put in her hands and wondered what Rainbow Dash needed it taken to the princess for. Whatever it was, it must've been important. Pinkie Pie ran home to get a few things, and left for the train station.


Pinkie Pie boarded the train to Canterlot with Rarity, who knew her way around the city and some of the people there. They took their seats and waited as the train started.

"So what is it we need to go to Canterlot for that it's so important i had to drop EVERYTHING and come with you?" Rarity asked Pinkie pie.

"Before Rainbow Dash passed out and went to the hospital, she gave me this..." With that Pinkie Pie pulled out the Book of Revelation and handed it to Rarity. "She told me we need to bring this to Celestia immediately!"

Rarity took the book and looked through it. "Pinkie this book.... This is a very dark book. Why would Rainbow Dash send you to deliver this to Celestia?"

"I don't know... But to be honest, i dont think she was pranking me. Rarity when i walked into that room somebody had beaten Rainbow Dash to a pulp. For whatever reason this book is very important and we can't let it fall into the wrong hands-" Pinkie Pie was interrupted by the sudden stop of the train, as if somebody had just pulled the emergency break.

The people gasped and yelped as the train came to a sudden stop, and people started to murmur as the train just sat there, in the middle of a bridge. Pinkie opened up the window and looked out the door to see why the train might have stopped. There wasn't anything on the tracks, the train was just sitting there. Pinkie drew her head back in and closed the window.

"Well?" Rarity asked.

"Nothing." Pinkie stated. "Nothing in the way, maybe some prankster just pulled the emergency break."

"They would've gotten the train going by now if someone just pulled the emergency break..." Rarity said sounding concerned.

As she said that, Pinkie started to noticed the sudden drop in temperature in the room, shivering and wrapping her arms around herself. "D-D-D-Did it j-j-j-j-just get c-c-c-c-c-cold in here or is it just m-m-m-m-m-me?"

Rarity looked over at the windows and started to notice and layer of ice that was starting to cover over it. "It just got cold in here.... Really cold...."

All of the people in the train started shivering violently, practically on the verge of hypothermia. Pinkie looked around and started to panic as one of the men on the train tried hard to open up one of the doors, but with zero luck.

"What the hell is going on?" Pinkie asked and she looked around and saw little kids that were started to cuddle up to their mothers for warmth

"I don't know" Rarity said. "But we have to do something about it!"

Rarity jumped out of her seat and grabbed her bags from the rack above her, and opening it up to reveal several clothes packed inside.

"Pinkie, you take the left while i take the right, hand these out for people to use as warmth!" And with that Rarity took her precious cloths and started cutting pieces long enough for people to use.

Pinkie Pie went the other direction and did the same thing, even cheering up the kids to make them smile along the way.

Famine and Death watched them from a cliff that gave a perfect view of the train. Death sighed as she saw what the two elements of harmony were doing for the people.

"It's not strong enough, we have to make it colder. Whatever it takes to be able to freeze the girl so we can get the book." Death said to Famine.

Famine held out her weighing scales which held an ice-cube on one side, and a fire in the other. With a single finger, Famine tipped the fire downward, causing the scale with the ice-cube to raise, lowering the temperature in the train even further. Pinkie started to notice the strong drop in temperature again and knew that this was definitely not natural.

"Rarity!" Pinkie shouted from the other side of the train. "I think somebody might be doing this on purpose!"

Rarity turned around after giving the last person a blanket to cover up with and ran over to Pinkie. "What do you mean someone is doing this on purpose!?"

"Look. Temperatures don't just DROP like this in the middle of July! Somebody's obviously using magic to try and freeze everybody on this train!" Pinkie explained.

Rarity scowled at the thought of somebody doing such a thing. "Well if they're going to use powerful magic against us, then we'll just have to use it right back!"

Rarity and Pinkie Pie both pulled out their Elements of Harmony and places them around their necks. They then each other's hands and thought of the happiest memories they could. This triggered a magical heat wave to emanate from them, melting the ice and warming the people. Famine felt this and tipped her scale further, trying to fight against their power. Rarity and Pinkie felt Famine trying to fight against them and they increase their heat, eventually causing the rest of the ice to melt.

Famine had given up trying to fight against the Elements of Harmony. She was going to have to deal with these two herself. Famine jumped from the cliff and bashed her way straight through the ceiling of the train. The people gasped at the sudden appearance of the woman with the scales. Famine slowly looked the two annoyances dead in the eyes.

"Famine....." Pinkie whispered to Rarity.

"What? Look Pinkie I don't think Famine's a good way to help keep my form-" Rarity started.

"No!" Pinkie groaned. "Famine! The second Rider of the Apocalypse. SHE'S the one who tried to freeze everyone on this train!"

"You're kidding...." Rarity said in disbelief. "SHE herself almost withstood the power of the Elements of Harmony? I though it was an entire pack of rouge unicorns!"

Famine lifted her free hand and shook her finger in a "no no no" gesture. Famine then held out her two scales for everybody on the train to see, which still held the fire and ice.

"What on earth is that?" Rarity asked, confused.

With her free hand, Famine waved her hand over the scales, making sure the two saw the fire and ice in them. When she was sure they did, she passed her hand over them, replacing the fire and ice with a steel ingot and rust.

"What the..." Pinkie started.

Famine retreated to the roof of the train by passing through the ceiling like a ghost. Pinkie and Rarity quickly followed by exiting the cart and climbing up the ladder. Before Pinkie and Rarity could reach her, with a single finger, Famine pressed on the side with the steel ingot, causing the rust to rise higher. When she did this, the supporters of the bridge started to quickly rust away, causing it to collapse behind Pinkie and Rarity. The train carts fell into the river one-by-one and slowly it came for them. Famine floated away like a ghost, preparing to let Pinkie and Rarity fall to their doom.

"Pinkie!" Rarity said, being the first to notice the bridge collapsing.

Pinkie looked back and saw the train carts falling one by one. She screamed for Rarity to run which they both proceeded to do, after they jumped from the first cart to the other, Rarity screamed as she broke her ankle after making the jump. Pinkie had no option but to pick her up and try to carry her to the end of the train. She ran as quickly as she could while holding a 110 pound unicorn anthro, and jumped from one cart to the next. As she approached the final one, the last cart began to fall.

"I can't make it!" Pinkie said breathing heavily.

"You have to!" Rarity said.

Pinkie looked at her friend, took a deep breath and threw her safely onto the cliff, off of the bridge. Rarity gasped and saw that the last cart was falling. Pinkie ran as fast as she could and tried to make the jump, missing the cliff by only half an inch. Pinkie thought her life was over until Rarity, at the last second, caught Pinkie's hand, using all the strength she could muster to keep from letting go.

"Pinkie! Are you alright!?" Rarity shouted.

Pinkie was panting both from fear and from the trip across the trains. "Yeah.... I'm alright!"

Rarity smiled at this, holding Pinkie over the edge. Rarity used every once of energy she had in her body, to lift Pinkie onto the land, where they both collapsed taking deep breathes, trying to regain their energy. After roughly an hour, Pinkie sat up and turned around to see Famine waiting for them.

Pinkie stood up and watched as Famine held out her scales, both empty. Rarity turned to see Famine, and tried to stand, but screamed at the pain of her ankle. She could feel the pain of her broken ankle, keeping her from helping her friend in any way.

"Just stay here Rarity... I'll take care of this...." Pinkie said as she prepared for battle.

(This would be some really good music to play for this scene:

)

Pinkie charged at Famine, who responded by blowing a blast of wind from the scales, and following it up by shooting fire from her free hand like a flamethrower. Pinkie stepped back from the intense heat. She countered this attack by jumping in the air and doing a dragon kicked, which Famine blocked with a wall of ice that she brought from her scales. This may have blocked Pinkie's attack, but she managed to Punch through the wall of ice and give Famine a good right hook. The punch caused her to reel back, until she appeared in another spot a bit further from Pinkie.

"You don't give up do you~?" Pinkie said with a smirk.

Famine said nothing. She just held out her scales in front of her and circular blades came whirling from the scales. Pinkie dodged these attack, but she never saw the large chunk of land come up from under her when Famine threw her hand into the air. Pinkie and the large chunk of land both rose up into the sky, where Famine threw a large fireball at the very top, sending Pinkie flying off the cliff and into the river where the train fell into.

"PINKIE!!!!" Rarity screamed.

There was no reply, Pinkie had fallen into the raging river below where she current swept her away. Rarity turned to look at Famine, rage covering her face. She stood up, ignoring the pain in her ankle.

"You bitch......." Rarity growled. "YOU BITCH!"

Rarity shot a powerful blue beam from her horn, drawing power from her element. Famine reacted quick by firing a similar red beam in Rarity's direction. The two beams fought for victory, swaying between Rarity's direction and Famines. Famine's beam eventually overcame and destroyed Rarity's beam. The blast sent her flying into the river. Famine walked over to look at the river, and arrived just in time to see Rarity plunge into the water.

Famine stood at the edge of the cliff, looking down, imagining the two girls, drowning to death in their watery graves. Death walked up next to Famine, and looked at the train that lay in ruins.

"It's a large number of people we wont get to use our full power on, but it's worth it." Death looked over to Famine. "No one can know the secrets that are written in the book. That book holds the only way our demise is possible. Who knows what would have happened if Celestia had received it..."

Famine simply nodded and walked away.

Death took one last look down at the train. "This is the end........"