• Published 2nd Jun 2014
  • 1,137 Views, 57 Comments

The Four Ponies of the Apocalypse - JebtheDBAGpony



It's the end of times in Equestria, but they're not ready to give up just yet.

  • ...
7
 57
 1,137

The Book of Revalation

Twilight ran through the rain, Carrying with her a very heavy book, and one that she kept close to her while she ran through the rain. She managed to keep most of her body dry with the cloak she wore while she rain towards her house, passing by other ponies with umbrellas in their hands, also running home to get out of the rain. Twilight looked to see Spike holding the door open for her.

"Hurry up Twi!" Spike shouted to her.

Twilight responded by running into the tree house like a bat outa' hell and Spike shut the door behind her.

"So? Did you get it?" Spike asked surprisingly eager to see it.

Twilight took off her cloak and turned to look at Spike, smiling. She unwrapped the book she was holding and held it up for Spike to see. The Book of Revelation. After paying about 500 bits, waiting for about 2 years, and a trip from Ponyville to the Crystal Empire, the purple unicorn finally got it. Twilight had gone through alot of trouble to get this book, and now she had it.

Spike looked at the book in her hand and suddenly got a bad vibe from it. The book was giving him a pretty bad feeling in his gut.

"Twilight?" Spike looked at her with concern in his eyes. "Are you sure we should hang onto this thing? I'm kind of getting a bad feeling from it...."

Twilight rolled her eyes and set the book down on the desk. "Oh come on Spike, its just a book! What's reading it gonna do?"

Spike raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. "Remember the Necronomicon?"

"That was ONE TIME!" Twilight shouted. She still had nightmares about that book, and the Bad Twilight......

Twilight shook her head and snapped back to reality. "Look, Spike, i'm not gonna read any of the text out loud this time alright? Plus there's nothing in here that could possibly hurt us right?

"Right...." Spike put his jacket on, still looking at the book that lay on the desk. "Well i'm gonna head over to Rarity's if you need me."

"Gotcha" Twilight said she she picked up the Book of Revelation and flopped onto her bed.

Spike shut the door and walked off to Rarity's, as twilight opened up the book and began reading

After around 4 hours, Twilight was already 90% done with the book. She placed her bookmark into the page she had just begun and shut it, Laying on her back, she clutched the book against her chest and marveled at the wonders she had just been reading. So many fascinating things that she had just read about; Angel of Woe, the Seal-bearer Angel, Abaddon, even Michael the Archangel. But what fascinated her most were these four beings she had read about called "The Four Riders of the Apocalypse." Twilight didn't know why, but she found these four mythical being absolutely fascinating!

War, the Spirit of Rage: a woman with a heart as cold as the dark side of Luna's moon, and a blade as hot as Celestia's sun, who rode on a red horse with a flaming mane and tail. It was said that people would start to see War at a time of incoming conflict that would involve death. War herself was strong enough to punch holes in time and space as a way of travel with her bare fists. Despite all of these characteristics War is the weakest of the Four Riders. It is said that War would appear to fight along side those that were about to die in battle.

Famine, the Spirit of Weakness: Famine is a silent woman with a pair of weighing scales that rode a speedy, black horse. Whilst Famine was not the strongest of the Four Riders, her magical abilities were only exceeded by Death's. She was a silent rider who wore a light blue Niqab while she rode around, causing hunger, food to rot, and weakened people's physical bodies. It is said that Famine will appear to those who are about to die of hunger, and she will carry their souls in her arms to the heavens.

Pestilence, the Spirit of Disease: Pestilence was a filthy woman who liked to take the form of a young teenage girl, though she was thousands of years old. Pestilence is the second most powerful of the Four riders and is only rivaled by Death. Pestilence rode a white horse that was followed by a green cloud of stench and a swarm in infectious bugs. Pestilence carried with her two crossbows to directly infect people with disease, and a much larger bow and arrow that required two hands that would spread disease along the path of wherever she shot at. She used these items to create infection all across the world. It is said that Pestilence will appear to those who are dying of disease during their final moments.

Death, the Spirit of The End: Death was indeed the most powerful and the oldest of the Four Riders. Death rode a pale horse that was followed by the mist created from the souls she has taken. Anybody either passed by Death while she rode on her horse or that was directly touched by Death would immediately die. Death used a scythe to reap those who were destined to die, but often made deals with people to turn the other cheek for a while in return for a sacrifice made to her. This sacrifice would usually consist of another human life. Death has been confirmed to appear to anyone next to the other Riders if a person would be passing into the afterlife.

These four legends filled Twilight with complete awe, and she wondered what it would be like to meet them. Quickly though, Twilight realized that this was a terrible thought and forced it out of her head. If the Four Riders were to come to Equestria, it would mean the ends of times. And she didn't want that happening any time soon.

If only she knew...............