• Published 15th Apr 2012
  • 3,902 Views, 57 Comments

You Found Me (Extended) - RedCharge



As Spike matures, so do his feeling for Rarity, as well as his drinking problem

  • ...
7
 57
 3,902

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Spike continued down the road, after all, with the park still half of a mile away, he didn't want anything else to make him late, let alone a run in with a certain pink-

"Hiya Spike!" Pinkie Pie said
'For the love of-' "Hey Pinkie." he replied, hiding his annoyance from the overzealous party pony.

"Where are you going all spiffed up?" she asked.
"Just down to the park."
"So who's the hot date?" she asked with her uncanny ability to know things beyond comprehension.
"Just the mare of my dreams" Spike said, trying to hint that he was in a bit of a rush (via body language)
"Speaking of mares, where is Twilight tonight?"
"Where else, studying at the library."
"Thanks Spike, and have a good time with this filly you're chasing!" she added before bouncing off in her usual manner. Spike nodded and kept walking.

When he finally reached the park he sat on the only unoccupied bench and lit a cigarette. Thanks to his natural ability to breath fire and it's green tint, the ashes glowed with an emerald color. As he drew on the smoke he had a wave of calm wash over him. Though his previous attempts to stop had been futile, he was down to three per day, and now down to two. 'Rarity would probably be so pissed to find out that I smoke.' though the assumption had no real ground. As time passed, and their date time got nearer, Spike again grew anxious, but he was suddenly comforted by a sweet voice behind him.

"Hi Spike!" it said, Spike turned around to see Sweetie Belle in a beautiful hoof stitched dress with emeralds and sapphires sewn in, the emeralds matching the color of both Spike's spines and his eyes.
"Hey Sweetie Belle, what's up?" he asked trying to be polite, while also trying to cover his own reasons for being there.
"Rarity set me up with some kind of blind date. He's supposed to be here in about five minutes."
Spike checked his watch, he still had five minutes as well 'Maybe Rarity set up a double date.' he thought to calm himself.
"So what's up with you Spike?" she asked
"Actually I'm here for a date too. And she's also supposed to be here in five minutes as well."

"Wow, that's weird, how about we make it a double date?" she said.
"Sure, I mean we've been friends for so long, so who were you waiting for again?"
"I don't know actually, Rarity said that he would be wearing a 'dashing suit with a red rose corsage'" she said, imitating her big sister. They giggled at the impression for a few seconds.
------------------------------
"Oh, I hope everything is going alright with Sweetie and Spike." Rarity said frantically pacing across the floor of the boutique.
---------------------------
About ten minutes passed and Spike was beginning to worry. "Umm Sweetie Belle, you don't think Rarity set me up to be your blind date do you?"
"Of course not Spike, she knows that we're just friends."
'I hope Sweetie Belle is right, oh who am I kidding? Rarity wouldn't have mistaken what I said, right?'

Still more time passed, until about thirty minutes went by, Sweetie Belle was almost ready to give up on her date.
" I don't think he's coming." she said, her face now turning into a frown.
"Of course he's coming Sweetie, I mean what colt could say no to your voice?"
"Well if he has the nerve to show up almost an hour late, I'm not sure I would even want to be on a date with him to begin with."
Spike agreed with her, "How about I walk you home?" he offered, in hope that Rarity was still getting ready, though he was now beginning to have doubts again.
"Sure Spike, I'd love that." and with that they departed.