• Published 26th May 2014
  • 464 Views, 10 Comments

Bearers at Ease - leonidas701



Be it for reasons of work, family, or friends, the humble village of Ponyville has managed to become a point of interest to certain powerful ponies, who bring with them certain questions.

  • ...
2
 10
 464

Packing Up

“Tron! Hey, Tron!” Brick Bones shouted from behind Tron’s bedroom door.

Tron stuck a hoof out from under his bedspread and picked his glasses off of the bedside table. He fumbled them onto his face before laboriously forcing one eye open. He looked at his bedside clock. Tron sighed and pulled himself up out of bed.

“Bones,” he said as he opened the door with one wing, using the other to rub his eyes. “It’s three p.m., ponies are trying to sleep.”

“Sorry. I’m looking for Odd, he borrowed one of my games and hasn’t given it back yet. I wanna pack them all away now.”

“Wh-” he yawned. “Why? I thought the train didn’t leave until five in the morning.”

“It doesn’t, but I’d rather have everything packed away early. Speaking of, why ain’t you packed up yet?” Brick Bones looked into Tron’s unlit bedroom, seeing the outlines of his lab coat slung over the back of his chair, paper strewn about, and various gears and wires littering the floor and the desk, and his luggage opened up, and leaning upside down against a wall.

“Because I’m coming back pretty soon, remember?” Since he was now going to be tutoring Twilight, he was being forced to move to Ponyville from Kingswatch, the city he, Brick Bones, and Odd had all lived in for the last few years.

“Oh yeah.” Brick’s face fell slightly as he remembered that his friend was moving. “Ah well, at least most of your stuff is still packed up from the last time you moved.”

“Heh. Small blessings.” Tron remembered why he was woken up. “Come on, let’s go find Odd.” He took his lab coat off his chair and put it on, following Brick out of his quarters and into the manor proper.

As it turns out, it didn’t take that long to find Odd. They heard a humming noise broken up by giggles and followed it to a closed bathroom.

“Odd, come out!” Tron yelled, knocking on the door.

“Ah!” Odd cringed. He opened up the door. “Not so loud dude, I can hear you just fine,” he said as he rubbed his ear. He giggled and a smile came to his face. “Sup?”

“Are you high?” Tron asked.

A look that tried to be serious passed over Odd’s face. “Either no, or we both are because you’re still taller then me,” he said, breaking out into laughter.

His question thus answered, Tron rolled his eyes.

“Do you know where my Lazer Wrecker is?” Brick asked.

“Uhh…” Odd thought for a moment. “Yeah, dude, I think I left it at the farm. No problem, right? You’ve still gotta go there anyways.”

Brick absently rubbed the back of his head, pushing his stetson up and down a little bit, making Odd giggle. “Yeah,” he said. “I’d better go do that.”

“Yo, It’s been a while, and I’m about all the way back down. What do you guys say to a little food?” Odd asked.

Tron rubbed his eyes again. “Yeah, sure. I can go back to sleep later.”

“I’m good,” Bones said.

“Sweet, let’s go.”

“It’s not like we have to go back to school soon,” Tron said.

Odd groaned. “Don’t remind me. Just one more semester and I’m out.”

“Yeah. And then it’s the bar exam.”

Odd groaned again. Tron laughed at his friend’s annoyance while Brick fought a small smile. With that the three friends went to eat.

-----The Other Guys-----

Card was sitting at his desk in his home office, his head buried in his hooves thinking about the previous night. Suddenly, he heard a clap at the door.

“Come in,” he said. In walked Silver and Shade, dragging behind them a pouting Guile. Card motioned for Silver to speak.

“I have been able to enroll Guile in to the local middle school for the next semester. He starts on Monday,” Silver said. “We will be sending a sum large enough for him buy his own food and amenities every month.”

“And if the little punk gets into trouble, I’ll be able to come handle it in about a day or so,” Shade added.

Card nodded. “Okay then. Looks like you’ve dealt with all the issues. What do you think of all this?” he asked Guile, the young unicorn pouting in his hoodie.

Guile groaned. “I get that I can’t come along with either of you two,” he said to his brothers. “But why do I have to go to school? There’s no possible way that they’ll be teaching anything that I don’t already know.”

“We will not be imposing you onto His Majesty anymore than is absolutely necessary. Besides, a young colt such as yourself has no place spending his days ignoring the world around him,” Silver said.

“What do you guys think that I’ll do all day? Just sit in my bedroom?”

Neither of his brothers dignified that with a response.

Guile groaned again. “I don’t have a way out of this, do I?”

“Nope,” Shade said. “You’re screwed.”

Groan. “Morrogar, help me out here.”

The beige reptile on Shade’s shoulder shook its head sympathetically.

“This blows.” Guile put on his biggest pout and retreated into his hood.

“Okay,” Card said. “I’ll be happy to watch Guile while you two sort out your business.”

“Thanks,” Shade said. “Now come on, let’s stop bothering Card.” He pushed Guile out the door with one of his wings, leaving Silver and Card alone in the office.

“Thank you for letting Guile stay here, my lord. I apologize for the invasion into your home,” Silver said as he bowed.

“Pick your head up,” Card said with a hint of annoyance, which left his tone once Silver was looking him in the eye again. “Don’t worry about it. Your rooms are yours. Do whatever you want with them, I don’t care.”

Silver bowed and backed out of the room, not turning until he reached the doorway.

“Oh yeah, and Silver?” Card said, just before the door closed.

“Yes, my lord?”

“Tell Ami I said hi.”

“Of course.” And with that, Silver went back to his room to pack up his things.

A/N: So, not a very interesting chapter, but it was necessary to establish what’s going to be the new status quo for a while.

Up next, Guile’s first day of school, and then we finally get back to following the episodes. Thank you, and good night.