• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 4,153 Views, 135 Comments

Raising Rainbows - DGGames



A week after Rainbow Dash became a filly again, all seems calm. Except there's a bigger evil on the loose. The Emotions of a 2 year old.

  • ...
19
 135
 4,153

A Change in the Case

"Twilight Sparkle.” The young changeling spat, narrowing her eyes at the alicorn. “You're the pony I least wanted to see.”

"Chrysalis... You're so... Small." Twilight said, in confusion. "You're smaller than any of your minions you used to attack canterlot. How?"

“It is none of your concern.” She said, glaring at the now larger pony.

"I just saved your life, so you owe me an explanation." She said, looking at the dead timber wolves around. "The little upstuck queen can give that much can't she?"

She snarled, baring her small fangs. “Fine. My master decided I was no longer fit to rule over the changelings after my failure to conquer Canterlot.”

"Your master? Who? We reformed Discord, banished Sombra, and cured Nightmare Moon. There's no one left."

“I will not give you the privilege of hearing his name.” Chrysalis said, sneering “Just know that soon he will come seeking retribution for the Mother.”

"What mother?" Twilight shook her head, "It doesn't matter, I'm taking you to Celestia first thing in the morning." Twilight said, magicking a collar around the now filly sized queen.

The filly refused to say anything else, keeping her eyes locked on the ground in front of her.

"It still doesn't make sense what power could remove Chrysalis' power from her. So much was taken, that now shes just a mere filly." Twilight muttered to herself, pulling Chrysalis back to the tree where she stayed.

Rainbow Dash perked up, hearing the front door of the library open. “Twilight!” She shouted, zipping out to greet her, a smirk on her face.

"Hey Rainbow Dash, hey Scootaloo. Thanks for keeping Dash company." Twilight said, a firm leash on Crysalis, who was still outside.

"You're more than welcome Princess Twilight." Scootaloo said before running out the door.

“Hey uh Twi..what’s with the leash?” Dash asked, blinking a bit.

"Dash, you're not going to like it." Twilight said, tugging on the leash, revealing Chrysalis.

“Is that Chrysalis!?” Dash demanded, her wings flaring out.

"Yeah, found her the one being chased by timberwolves. I'm not excited about it either." Twilight said.

"And to think I almost left the squirt here to help you." Dash mumbled under her breath.

"Yeah, she's going to Celestia first thing in the morning." Twilight said.

Dash snorted, glaring at the changeling, who just gazed around the room, not looking at either of them.

Twilight magicked a cage with a soft bed into the main room of the library.

“And here I thought you ponies were all soft.” Chrysalis said, gazing at the cage.

"I'm protecting my subjects." Twilight said, tossing Chrysalis into the cage. "I'm calling Celestia, she will be here in the morning." Twilight turned the light off and led Rainbow Dash upstairs.

“I don’t like this Twi.” Rainbow said, glancing back towards the stairs with a scowl.

"Neither do I Dashie, but I can't leave Chrysalis out there. She said her master was coming. Plus if I let her get away, I wonder if we would ever find her again." Twilight said worried. "On another note, are you going to sleep in my bed again?"

“Again?” Dash asked blinking. “What? I don’t have my own bed?” She asked, frowning.

"I had let you use the guest room, but during the first night, you were too scared. You slept with me every night."

“Ok I will, but only because I think you’ll miss me.” Dash said, looking up at her.

"Heh, you're right, ill miss you." Twilight chuckled, leading Rainbow upstairs into her room.

Rainbow jumped up onto the bed, letting out a small yawn. “Why the hay am I so tired?”

"You realize what you've been through today? Plus you're not equipped like you used to be. No more day naps."

“What?! What no you mean no more day naps?!” Dash demanded, flying up to look Twilight in the eyes.

"Dash, you can take them all you want, but your body doesn't need them anymore. You have more energy than you ever have."

“If you say so egghead.” Dash said yawning again, climbing into the bed, getting comfy.

"You all good? You want 'Blankie' Dashie?" Twilight asks, chuckling, as she levitates Dashies old yellow blanket to her.

She rolled her eyes, taking the blanket from her. “Night Twi.” She said, hugging her blanket close.


****

The great being looked down upon the newly crowned Queen Locust. “I expect you will do far better than your predecessor.” He spoke, his burning eyes boring into her.

"Yes Master. I will do nothing less than please you." She said, fluttering her butter gold wings.

"Go to the Griffon Empire and remind the emperor of who he owes his allegiance to. Do the same to the Minotaur clans. I want my army ready for war by months end."

“Of course master.” She said with a bow before leaving the cavern. The dragon head sighed, turning his head to the ceiling.

“Soon my beloved..I will avenge your death.”

Author's Note:

As always, a special thanks to Shagohad, without him, id still be on chapter 1, not sure what else to do.

FOR NOTICE: obviously this chapter takes place after season 4, havent decided exactly where, but before the finale.