• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 4,153 Views, 135 Comments

Raising Rainbows - DGGames



A week after Rainbow Dash became a filly again, all seems calm. Except there's a bigger evil on the loose. The Emotions of a 2 year old.

  • ...
19
 135
 4,153

Just a Simple FIlly

“Twilight!” Dash shouted, flying back into the library. Only this time, instead of going through the window, she slammed into it. “Owww...” She moaned out, sliding down the window before falling to the ground with a thud.

Twilight heard a loud thump outside, and ran outside. She saw Rainbow lying on the ground moaning in pain. “Sweet Celestia, Rainbow Dash! Are you alright?” Twilight asked, lifting Rainbow into her wings, and setting her up on her hooves.

“W-why didn’t I go through it?” She asked, sniffling a bit. She didn’t want to cry but her emotions were far stronger than they had been before.

Twilight looked over Rainbow. The little filly was mostly alright, though she did have a bloody nose. “After you had a bit of damage in your head, I had to make sure you wouldn't hurt yourself. I put in pegasus-proof glass. It was expensive, but worth it to keep you safe.” Twilight said, wiping a tear from RD’s eye.

Dash pulled away, trying not to glare at her. “I talked to Fluttershy.” She said, looking up at Twilight, getting serious.

“Oh?” Twilight asked, curious of what Fluttershy had revealed. She levitated a small damp rag from her kitchen to Rainbow’s nose.

“Yeah..Shy told me about everything that happened.” Dash said taking the rag, holding it to her nose.

“The past 2 weeks?”

“Yeah.” She said nodding her head. “Look Twi..I’m sorry I freaked out on you.” She said looking down. “You did all that stuff for me and all I did was yell at you. ”

“Its alright Dashi….. Rainbow Dash. If you really can't remember any of the past 2 weeks, it isn't your fault. You couldn't have known what I had to deal with.” Twilight said leading Rainbow inside. She opened one of the books that she had yet to clean. It still had crayon coloring all over, and a very foalish drawing of Rainbow and Twilight in the book. “Though I'm still wondering on keeping this. I have 4 copies of this book anyway.” She joked.

“I did that?” She asked, a blush forming on her face.

“Yeah, at the time you were all like ‘Mommy, Mommy. Look what I Colored!’ and you know how angry I get everytime you come crashing in and make all of my books fall? Yeah, I was even more furious than that. It was AJ who calmed me down.” Twilight chuckled.

“Well um...sorry about the book..” She said with a sheepish laugh, looking at the drawing again.
“Pretty sure i'm going to keep it though. Reminds me about those two weeks, so that even when you grow up again, None of us will forget.”

“So uh..what did you do with my house?” Dash asked, hoping to take the subject away from her foalish behavior of the past two weeks.

“Well, other than Fluttershy grabbing a couple things, including Tank, its still there.” She said with a smirk. “That reminds me.” She pulled a faded old yellow blanket from under the table, the same one Fluttershy found and Dash used as a filly the first time around, smirking. “We also found this.”

“Snuggles!” Dash said, her eyes lighting up. She quickly grabbed the blanket, holding it close to her. She blinked, realizing how foalishly she just acted. “ I mean uh..yeah..it’s just my old blanket..no biggie.”

“Its alright Rainbow, we all have that one thing that reminds us of our childhood. I mean, I still have Smarty Pants, and I’m a Princess! Plus, you really can't hide your feelings for it after the past two weeks.” Twilight said, snuggling quick with Rainbow.

“Whatever egghead.” She huffed crossing her forehooves. Her attempts to look annoyed only served to make her look more adorable

“Awwe.” Twilight cooed. “So, now that you're back to your old self.” She glanced back at Rainbow. “Mostly… What do you plan on doing?”

“I don’t know twi..” She said, looking down at the floor. “I can’t exactly get a job like this. Nopony is going to hire a foal..”

“Youre not a foal Rainbow Dash.” Twilight said, putting a wing around Rainbow Dash.

“Yeah well, I have the body of one, nopony is going to hire me like this.”

“Technically you have the body of a filly. If you had the body of a foal, you'd be in diapers, trust me.” Twilight started. “So if nopony will hire you, what are you going to do? Where will you stay?”

“Well um..” She stuttered, not meeting Twilight’s motherly gaze.

“What Rainbow Dash?”


“C-can I stay with you..?” She asked, hugging her blanket close, cursing her emotions, afraid of what would happen if Twilight said no.

“Of course Rainbow. Ive already been dealing with three year old mental you for 2 weeks, I can easily handle three year old physical you.” Twilight said, smiling as she hugs Rainbow Dash in close.

“Thanks Twi.” She said letting out a sigh of relief, hugging her friends’ neck as tightly as she could..

“You’re welcome Dashi…. Rainbow Dash. I’d do anything to help a friend.”

“It’s ok Twi, you can call me Dashie, just don’t do it in public, Got it?” She said, poking the purple mare’s barrel.

“Alright, agreed… Dashie.” Twilight jokes with her. At that moment a small orange filly with dark purple hair, who reminded Twilight of a special someone back in Canterlot, barged in.

“Princess Twilight! You have to help! Theres a poor defenceless filly being chased by Timberwolves on the edge of the everfree!” Scootaloo screamed. Twilight’s eyes lit up. “Stay here.” She said to both Rainbow and Scootaloo, before flying out the door.

“Hey Rainbow Dash, wanna play?” Scootaloo asked.

“Play?! Theres a filly out there that needs help!” Dash said, rushing to the door.

“Wait… Rainbow Dash?” Scootaloo asks, surprised.

“Yeah squirt, I’m back!” Dash said flashing her a smile before taking off, flying after Twilight.

Scootaloos eyes flash, and she grabs Rainbow’s tail before Rainbow can fly off.

“Scoots let go!” She said, glancing back at the filly.

“No, Twilight told us to stay here. I know you're completely awesome and can take care of yourself, but not while you're like this, not with timberwolves.” Scootaloo begged.

“Ugh..fine..” She said landing on the floor, rolling her eyes.

“So… how'd you get back to normal?”

“I think I hit my head with a pot.” Dash said, shrugging a bit.

“Oh… I hope Twilight’s ok.” Scootaloo says, not sure what to do.

The filly ran as fast as she could, her eyes wide and fear. The snapping of jaws just behind her made her pick up her pace, though it was clear her pursuers were going to catch her. At that point, she heard a yelp. She looked back to see two of the timberwolves knocked out with a bright purple blast of magic, destroying them completely. Only one was left. The filly kept running. SHe heard a Crunch, and she looked back again. Standing there, on top of the Timberwolf remains was a purple alicorn, and not the best pony she wanted to see right now. The Alicorn approached her. “Are you alright?” They looked into each others eyes, and the alicorn only muttered one more word.

“Chrysalis.”

Author's Note:

Again, thanks for help from Shagohad, for writing with me, playing the part of Rainbow Dash this chapter.

ALSO THANKS TO Firebirdabirdmadeoffire for EDITING THIS and the FIRST TWO chapters. GO ahead and reread them if you haven't.