• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 620 Views, 158 Comments

BROKEN - WolfoftheWaves Pony



War. Death. Secrets. Murder. This is what Equestria had to face for hundreds of years. When the flames cool, the ponies realize that there are no more princesses. Chaos. Robots are created to keep peace. But one robot and mare will change all that...

  • ...
3
 158
 620

The confrontation

"This way!" River shouted to us, no longer trying to be quiet. We all galloped behind her, the sound of thousands of hoof steps resonating through the air. We had barley escaped back there, losing some of our own to the guards. And the realization of what I had done back there had caught up to me. I felt like I didn't want to fight anymore. Just give up. I am afraid of dying, but I might have just killed others that could have had the same fear.

And this dominated my thoughts until we came at a dead end. "No!" River shouted and stomped her hoof. I heard more hoof steps behind us. More guards. I panicked, but then my eyes flicked to something on the side of the wall. It was painted the same color as the rest the hallway. No, that's not right. There is nothing there. But it feels like there is...

I ran up to the spot on the wall, pushing a few ponies aside, and put my hoof to the spot. I could feel it. "Blossom Wing?" River asked. "What in Equestria are you doing?"

"There is... something here," I answered back.

She walked over to me. "But I don't see-" She put her hoof to the door and stopped in mid-sentence. "What in the... there is something here!" She felt around a bit more, but then her hoof stopped on something. "Hmm..." She wrapped her hoof around whatever it was, and then pulled. Nothing happened. "Strange, that felt like a door handle."

"Here's your door handle, River!" Some pony shouted. Then a large, muscular stallion came running through the crowd and hit the wall where the mysterious thing was. And it fell down.

"Uh, thanks, Fiery Muscles."

"Don't mention it, babe."

Once we filed into what lay beyond, we all stopped and stared in awe. It was the biggest room in the whole government building by far. Glass chambers filled with some mysterious liquid lined the walls. A long and wide platform stood at one end and computers and monitors where stationed on it. But the thing that got us all, the thing that stopped us in our tracks, was a huge, and I do mean huge, Swirling mist of glowing blue smoke that entwined itself in a cylindrical motion. And mixed in with it where wisps of a black mist. The same mist from my encounter with the blue mare. Suddenly, the coldness I felt there returned, then vanished.

"What is this place?" River whispered. And we could have stood like that forever, if not for the sound of a door banging open near the platform. We turned to look at whatever made the sound. And there, standing on the platform, was Tornado and Broken. Broken was leaning against Tornado.

Some pony gasped. "Their back!"

Tornado made his way down the stairway that lead from the platform down to us. I could see beads of sweat forming on his forehead. I galloped up to them.

"Blossom, wait!" River called, but I paid no attention.

"Tornado!" I screamed. "Broken!" But then I reached them and my heart froze. An icy chill ran over my spine. "Broken, your,"

"I'm fine," He said. Then he tried to stand up on his own, but fell over. I stopped him from crashing down the stairs.

"You, are, heavy," I huffed.

I heard hoof steps above us and looked up.

A yellowish-brownish earth pony wearing a suit came galloping in through the door followed by six armed guards. A scowl was on the earth pony's face as she observed all of us, then turned her head down to me, Tornado, and Broken. "No!" She seethed, staring down at the Robot Unit leaning against me. "How did you escape?"

"You stay away from him!" I yelled at her. But she just smiled.

"Ah, so you must be Blossom Wing."

I froze. "How do you know my name?!"

"Well, the prisoners we interrogated told us about you and," She cringed. "Broken."

"Don't you dare lay a hoof on her!" Tornado shouted. She stared at him for a moment. Then shook her head.

"Breaking into the government with an ankle bracelet on, hmm? Not a very smart idea." Then she turned her attention back to me. Broken stopped leaning on me and attempted to stand up.

"You hurt any of these ponies, and you will not see another day." Then he fell down the stairs.

"And, once I heard of you, Blossom wing, I knew that you must have been the one to ruin our little experiment here." She pointed to Broken."So no, I won't lay a hoof on her," She mused. She grabbed something from one of the guards. She pointed it at my head. "I will just lay a bullet in her."

The shot was fired. The boom resonated through the air. I expected the blow that would end my life, but it never came. Because a black streak jumped in front of me, then was jolted backwards and crashed down to the floor. "TORNADO!" I screamed. And then the platform blew up in a fiery blast.

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter is so short. And I do mean SHORT. Not even I expected it to be like this. And yes, a short chapter took a long time to publish. Sorry! For a while I was unmotivated and tired. Sorry!
Feedback please!