• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 620 Views, 158 Comments

BROKEN - WolfoftheWaves Pony



War. Death. Secrets. Murder. This is what Equestria had to face for hundreds of years. When the flames cool, the ponies realize that there are no more princesses. Chaos. Robots are created to keep peace. But one robot and mare will change all that...

  • ...
3
 158
 620

...Yet staying alive

"Blossom, let's join the revolution."

She looked at me like I was crazy. "What? No, you're not serious, are you?"

"Yes. I am serious. I have never been more serious."

We were still in the comfy prison, and it was early morning. She sat in a chair, and I sat on the bed. She kept spinning around and around, until I told her what I wanted to do. She stopped dead in her tracks.

"But, why?"

I have not told her yet about my realization. I don't want to tell anypony, really. If I did, I would be afraid that they would see me as a freak. And I don't want Blossom Wing to see me as a freak. I don't want to drive her away, or even worse, I don't want her to abandon me. I don't want to be alone.

But at the same time, that's the reason that I want to join. I want to make the government pay for what they did to me. What they are doing to every pony.

But I also don't want to lie to Blossom.

"I, I just,"

Suddenly the door unlocked, and a pony carrying a food tray came in and put the tray next to Blossom. The pony then turned around, walked back out, and locked the door again. Blossom stared at the food for a moment, before pushing it away with her hoof. "I'm not hungry," She mumbled. Then she glanced back up at me.

"Broken, if you join the revolution, they might just kill you. It would be dangerous for a Robot Unit to join any kind of revolution against the government. I will not allow you to do it."

"Blossom..."

"No."

"Blossom, I need to tell you something-"

"No, Broken, you are not joining."

"Blossom!"

"NO!"

For the first time in forever, I felt anger towards Blossom Wing. And I hated it. I hated it, I hated it, I hated it. I reached out and grabbed her hoof, pulling my self closer to her face. "Blossom, I need to do this."

She struggled against me. But I guess one good thing about being a Robot Unit was that I had a lot of strength. She cannot break free.

"The least you could do is tell me why." She stopped her struggling and looked up at me. "Why, Broken, why?"

I let go of her hoof, and leaned back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. "I, I can't tell you."

"You can't tell me?"

"No."

I felt her eyes staring at me, and they felt like scanners going over every part of my body.

"You're hiding something," She said finally. I looked back down at her.

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are," She said, raising an eyebrow. "Broken, you can't keep secrets from me."

It's true, I can't. She read me so easily. Was I this way before I was put into this metal body?

"Broken, what is it?"

"Just, promise me that you won't see me as a freak, okay?"

A worried look flashed across her face. "O, okay."

"Blossom, I used to be a pony."

And so I told her everything.


**************************

My mind went blank. Nothing filled the emptiness in my brain. Nothing, except what Broken was telling me. I can find no words to describe it, the cruelness, the sickness of it all. I wanted to punch the wall. I wanted to bang my head against the ceiling. But I also wanted to fly away, to spare myself from these sick words. But alas, my wings are bandaged, and I can't.

He must have stopped talking, because I noticed that there was a silence between us. He was watching me.

"Blossom?"

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. Then finally, I said, "Can you hand me that pillow?" He looked behind himself, and grabbed it.

"Uh, this pillow?" He asked. I nodded. He handed it to me and I threw it on the floor. I stood up from the chair, feeling dizzy and weak, and collapsed. Right on the pillow.

"Blossom!" I heard Broken scream. He ran over to me and stood over me. I looked back up at him. My dream. The dream I had where he turned into a pony.

"Broken," I said. "I know what you looked like as a pony." He took a step back.

"What?"

"I know what you looked like as a pony," I said again. "My dream. I saw what you looked like."

He stepped back over me. "What did I look like?' He asked.

I closed my eyes, trying to remember. "Your coat was... light purple, like lavender. And your mane was... white. Yes, white. And your eyes were..."

"Yes?"

"They were red and clouded." I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He was staring at me intently. "I guess that contributes to the blind part."

He leaned back and sat down, looking at the wall. He then looked back at me. "Did, did you see the, uh, I mean, my cutie mark?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No, sorry."

"Oh." He looked back at the wall.

But then, suddenly, everything made sense to me. About Broken's behaviors, his actions, and his emotions. I don't know why it didn't hit me while he was telling me everything, it, it just didn't. And suddenly, I also understood his intentions. And my own suddenly bubbled to the surface, too.

"Broken," I said. He turned back around.

"Yes?"

"I want to join the revolution."


***************************

"Hmm..." River said, pursing her lips. "I, I don't know."

Blossom had requested that we be brought to River shortly after our, um, little talk, to request that we join the revolution. Blossom wanted to go alone, but I refused, so we compromised, so now I am watching them through a crack in the door. Unfortunately though, I can only see River.

"What do you not know?" Blossom asked, irritation rising up in her voice.

"About whether we should allow a Robot Unit into the revolution."

"He's not like them!"

"Listen here, Blossom Wing," River said, getting out of her chair. "You think that this is some kind of a picnic? Well I have news for you, pony. It isn't. A revolution takes hard work, dedication, and determination. And a mare, who is friends with the enemy," They way she said enemy made me cringe. "...is not going to cut it."

"What happened to the mare who dried my tears?" Blossom said with hatred.

"Look. You do not know what it is like. You do not know what it is like, to lose your entire family to those, those things! With their exploding missiles!" She screamed.

"What?"

"Never mind. It's just, Robot Units, they-"

"Then why did you show Broken kindness?"

"Because you are right. He is different. But I don't know if I am truly ready to trust one yet."

"Then kill me."

This made River freeze. "What?"

"Then kill me. If you are going to keep us down here forever, away from my mother and little sister, away from the outside world, then kill me. Kill me now. What's the point of me living?"

River gasped, but I stayed still. I know what she is doing. She's guilt tripping River into letting us join. Smart mare.

"Well?" Blossom asked. "What are you waiting for? Do it!" I saw her light brown hooves reach for River's gun. She must've pointed it at her head because River started begging her.

"You don't know what you are doing, Blossom! Put that gun down!"

"No."

"Put it down!"

"No!"

"Assistance! Assistance!" River Screamed.

"Call them in here and I'll shoot!" Blossom threatened. River took a step back. "Let us join."

"O, okay... just, just put down the gun."

"You have to promise that you will trust Broken, also!"

"I..."

"Or I will pull this trigger."

River took another step back and ran into her desk, spilling books and papers across the floor. One paper fell close enough to the door that I was able to see what it read. But only the bottom half of it.

I just don't know what to do, River. He's gone! He's gone! It feels so empty without him.

Sincerely your very scared pen pal,

Mockingbird

My insides turned to ice. Mockingbird. I knew her. I knew her when I was still Star Dusk. She was my best friend.

The whole world moved in slow motion for a second. Me charging into the room, Blossom dropping the gun, me dodging the lone bullet, and then demanding River that she tell me what she knew about Mockingbird.

"Broken! Broken stop!" Blossom yelled, trying pulling me away from River.

"No! I have to know!"

"How do you know her!?" River screamed at me. I broke free from Blossom's grip and ran to River.

"What happened to her?!" I screamed in River's face.

"She, she went missing about two years ago!" River said back. I grabbed her shoulders with my hooves.

"Why?"

"I promised never to tell!"

I squeezed harder. "Why!?"

"Uh!" She squealed. "Her, her best friend went missing! I only know because we were pen pals! She, she ran away! She told me! She told me that she was going to run away in one of her letters to me! She made me promise that I would never tell! And that was two years ago!"

I let go of her and she fell backwards. Two years. If Mockingbird ran away after I was taken, then that means that I have been gone for two years. It took two years to put me in this metal body. Two years that my family had probably spent losing all hope of my return. Two years away from my home. Two years.


Two years.

"I am going to join the revolution," I said before I collapsed.


*********************

How does he know Mockingbird? Why did he want to know some much about her? Why did he collapse after I told him about her fate?

All of these questions and more raced through my mind as I watched Blossom Wing shake the very much conscious, but unresponsive, Robot Unit lying in the middle of my quarters.

How does he know who Mockingbird is?

How?

Author's Note:

Didn't know what to write here...so...
I AM JUST WRITING RANDOM STUFF! There. It is done!