• Published 20th May 2014
  • 428 Views, 10 Comments

The last of the Pragons - WolfoftheWaves Pony



When a unicorn family discovers a small filly lost in the woods shortly after a tradgedy, they feel as if their prayers have been answered. But the filly wants more, and will find what she is looking for in an unexpected way.

  • ...
1
 10
 428

A Little Filly, lost in the woods

Lula Hearts rushed towards where she heard the tiny sound. Track Wheels called after her, but he knew that Lula's caring nature would not make her question anything if it sounded like a foal crying.

Yet Lula knew that the sound did not sound much like a foal. It was deeper, rougher sounding, and the tone made it seem out of place, lost, like a foal crying for her mother.

The sound grew louder, and Lula felt that she was nearing the little thing.

The little filly lay there, in the wet of the grass and leaves that was the forest floor. The foal felt as if she had just awoken from a very long nap, and reached out for her mother, who made no reply. This only caused the little foal to cry harder, to no avail. Her mother was simply not there. The cold was not making her any happier. It drenched her soft, silken fur and she started to shiver uncontrollably. Why was she here? Where was her mother? Her sisters?

She knew that they would come for her. She hoped and prayed, if a foal could pray. She wanted to hear their voices, see their manes flowing in the wind, but this was a different place from when she first felt her eyes close. The filly whimpered and screamed, closing her big brown eyes as a memory came to her.

A large white mare stood over her, and fire raged behind her. She smiled and the filly smiled back to. But she could tell that there was something else hiding behind her mother's eyes. Another emotion, but the filly was still to young to understand it.

The filly reached out for her mother again, but found it to be in vain.

Lula stood over what appeared to be a white filly, covered in leaves and crying from the cold. A tear fell out of Lula's eyes. Who would do this to a little filly? Who would leave her out here?

Lula sniffled and reached down, pulling a wet leaf off of the foal with her teeth. She looked down again after spitting the leaf out and gasped, fully realizing what she was seeing.

The crying filly, reaching her tiny white hooves in the air, appearing to search for something or somepony, had little tufts of fur coming from her chest and her ears. She also had small wings like that of a dragon, starting off blue at the tips and then descending into a deep green. She had a mane that started black then changed color that went down to purple, pink, then a rusty orange. And her tail was like that of a snake's, ending with a tuft of fur the same color as her mane.

The Filly cried more, opening her eyes. Lula could tell that they where a deep brown.

Lula stooped down and scooped the filly up in her arms, holding the shivering foal close to her chest. "Shh. Shh, little one," She said. "Shh..."

Track Wheels suddenly bounded right next to Lula. "Lula Hearts! What in Equestria are you doin-" He stopped in mid sentence after he noticed the small filly that was held tight in Lula's arms. The colt just stood there, staring at the little bundle of white fur wrapped tight in his sister's embrace. The filly stopped crying and turned to look at Track Wheels. They locked eyes.

Track looked into the foal's deep brown eyes and his heart felt like it was torn in half. Those eyes hid sorrow and pain behind them. Eyes with a past.

"We can't just leave her out here, Track," Lula said. "We, we just can't." A single tear rolled down her face and fell to the ground below her. The foal looked up at her and started to cry, clearly distressed by her savior's mournful behavior.

"We have to take her back home with us," Track stated. "And we need to leave. Now." Lula was surprised by her brother's sudden sternness. But she just nodded, a red curl falling out of place from underneath her hoodie.

"Yes," she said. She choked on her words. "We, we must take her home."

The little filly looked between the two ponies. She could not understand what they said, but she knew that they where going to help her. Possibly even help her find her mother.

All of a sudden, the rain stopped immediately.

Lula and Track looked bewildered, since they knew that they rain was supposed to continue through the night according to Baltimore's pegasi weather team.

But the little Filly that Lula Hearts held in close embrace knew why the rain stopped.

But she wouldn't understand it in long time.



This mare is not my mother.

The foal knew this. She knew with all her heart that the mare, and the colt, where not her mothers. (If a colt could be a mother, that is). But she felt safe wrapped up in the yellow mare's arms. The heat from her body warmed her up, causing the shivers to go away, but yet she still cried for a mother that simply was not there.

The filly had never seen ponies like them before. Their large horns protruding from the middle of their heads seemed alien like to her. All she knew where wings, fur, feathers, and... scales? Yes. She remembered scales. They where from a large beast that she knew. But who? The filly tried to remember, but couldn't. She cried out harder, upset with her own self for forgetting. (Foals do not have a very good memory). Who was her mother?

She couldn't remember. Did she have sisters?

She could feel the memories slipping away from her, being lost in the sands of time.

She cried harder.

"Oh, no, no, no," She heard the yellow mare say. "Shh. Don't be upset." The green colt stared at her as they walked through the forest.

"Shh. Go to sleep, little one," The yellow mare said again. She started to hum.

The filly could feel the vibrations coming from her savior's vocal cords. She leaned in closer to listen. Being closer to the mare's chest, however, was proving to be warmer for the young foal. The combined heat and the soothing song slowly lulled the filly to sleep.

Lula would not put the foal down even as they entered the apartment. The filly had fallen asleep on their way here, and Track Wheels saw no point in telling his older sister to put the foal down if it had fallen asleep in her arms. It? Track Wheels thought. Did I really just call the filly, a it?

Or was it a pony filly at all? Sure, it looked like it was pony in some places, like pony hooves and snout, but reptilian in others. Really, Track Wheels had no words for what the filly was. She was as alien to them as they must seem to her.

Where had she come from anyway? Who would abandon such a tiny thing in the middle of the forest? Who gave birth to such a thing? No! Track Wheels thought. I will not think like that.

"We need to tell mom and dad," Lula said. Track nodded. If they brought a filly home surely they would need to tell their parents. His mother, a light pink unicorn, might be willing, but his gruffer, sterner, light green earth-pony father might not be so nice. But still, they needed to know.

He knocked on their door. He heard his father grumble. "W-what? Who is it?" Track Wheels sighed.

"It's me, dad," He said. "Can, can you and mom come out here please?"

"In the middle of the night? Track Wheels, seriously?" His mother asked. Track Wheels looked to his sister in the living room, and she only nodded.

"Yes," Track Wheels said. "Right now, mom." He could hear the shifting covers as both of his parents got out of the bed. The door suddenly glowed with his mother's dark-pink aura and it opened.

They came out into the hallway.

"Now Track Wheels. What could be so important that you had to wake us up in the-"

But Track Wheels only pointed in his sister's direction. His parents turned their heads to look at their daughter, and gasped at the sight before them.

Author's Note:

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! This is WolfoftheWaves Pony! PEACE OUT!