• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 896 Views, 14 Comments

Apocalypse - Dream Seeker



Humanity has made a terrible mistake. Can they prevent Equestria from doing the same? Warning: Humanity is destroyed.

  • ...
18
 14
 896

Alliances

Shade flew closer and closer to Canterlot, her group of Changelings close behind. When they arrived, they were surprised to find that nopony was panicking at the sight of them, and indeed some were even pointed at them with excited expressions! They landed at the castle, and approached the Royal Guard who was by the door.

"May we enter?" Shade asked.
"Of course!" the Guard replied.

Shade and his group walked through the castle to the throne room, where Celestia was waiting.

"Hello again!" Celestia said cheerily.
"Have we met?" asked Shade uncertainly.
"I met your envoy."
"This is my envoy."
Celestia's smile faded. "Then who were the other Changelings, who requested Chrysalis?"
Shade's face was a picture of shock. "They must be rebels, who remain loyal to the old Queen until death, even if another Queen is the rightful ruler."
Luna frowned deeply. "We told you, sister, Chrysalis would only lead to trouble. Didst thou listen? No, thou sayst we art wrong."
Celestia winced. "You're right, I should have listed to you."
Shade sighed. "Now, we must capture Chrysalis as soon as possible. I'll call the Swarm." He moved to leave.
"Wait!" called Celestia. "If you want, we can send some troops with you? As a token of goodwill?"
Shade hesitated a moment before answering, "Ok. We will still have to discuss alliances and trade routes, though. In the mean time, if no Changelings are hurt, no ponies are hurt. When we have Chrysalis, we imprison her and begin negotiations. Deal?"
Celestia smiled. "Deal. Guards, send half a dozen squadrons. To defeat the renegade Changelings, they might need so many."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Ponyville slept, Chrysalis crept out of the cavern that served as her Swarm's temporary Hive. She knew that the Elements were here, in the library. She quickly and stealthily made her way inside, but paused when she saw Scott. She had no idea what he could be, and since she couldn't ask him, she decided to use the quicker method. She touched her horn to Scott's head, and cast a spell. The library seemed to melt away, and was replaced with a memory. She watched Scott's life on fast-forward, until she got to the point where the Supernova Device was explained. She rewound and watched it again. She grinned, and knew what she was going to do. She silently walked upstairs, to where Twilight was. With one spell, she became her. Then, she teleported Twilight to her cavern, accompanied by a mental message for her Swarm. "Put her in a Holding cocoon. We might need her knowledge." She smiled and rested in Twilight's bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott woke up to Twilight cooking, which was odd because last time she tried she burnt her salad. This time, it looked like she got the hang of it. He frowned when he noticed the green glow around her horn. Last time he checked, her magic was purple. He didn't ask, in case is was something embarrassing that she was self-concious about. What else could it be? She announced that she was going out today, which was also surprising because that wasn't on her schedule. Maybe the green glow was an illness that needed immediate attention? That would explain why she didn't bring any checklists. His frown deepened. Something must be terribly wrong. Hopefully her friends would take care of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Twilight bust into the door of the boutique, Rarity had just finished her latest dress. She greeted her with a smile and a question of what was needed. Twilight only smiled and offered to work for a couple of hours. Rarity's smile grew. This helpfulness was what she loved Twilight so much for. She gave Twilight some tasks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chrysalis smiled. So far, Rarity had been extremely useful. Just asking for something to do got her more love than she had gotten in an entire Infiltration. When Rarity left the room, she completed the tasks that required magic first, so as to not be discovered. When she was done, Rarity's simple thanks gave her as much love as a whole day with Shining Armor had! She went to the next pony she could think to help: Applejack. This was dangerous, as she could tell when a lie was told. The solution? Don't lie, but never get into a position that would require a lie. Otherwise, it would be easy, as Applejack didn't appreciate magic on her farm. When she got there, she got so much energy from working side by side with her that she could already use her Megaspell! She wouldn't stop there, she wanted more. Next was Pinkie Pie, and that's when things went wrong. All of Twilight's friends were there, including the human.

"Something didn't seem right about her today. She cooked successfully this morning." Scott said. With this, the whole table burst into laughter. "No, seriously." He insisted. "Her magic was green." with this claim, and happiness ceased. Scott smiled nervously. "Does that mean anything to you?"
"Sugacube, Changelings' magic is green. Ah heard we're allying them, but it seems one a'ems taken Twilight."
"Hey, look, theresheis!" shouted Pinkie Pie. "Let's ask her!" she turned to Chrysalis/Twilight. "Are you a Changeling?" She asked, smiling.
"No!" Shouted Chrysalis/Twilight. "Of course not!"
"She's lyin!" Applejack shouted "Ah can tell!"

Commotion broke out as Rarity cast her spell, revealing and stunning Chrysalis. Panicked, all current customers ran away screaming. This started a full fledged panic, and Chrysalis recovered and escaped. The remaining Elements regrouped, and decided on a course of action.

"Remember my beautiful gem-finding spell?" asked Rarity with a toss of her mane.
"Yes?"
"It works on the Elemental Necklaces! If Chrysalis has already been to the library, she's probably taken them to the same place as Twilight!"

Scott turned his laser weapon on with an energizing hum. The other ponies looked at him.

"What? She's the only one willing to talk complex physics with me at four in the morning. I don't want to pass up saving her!" he claimed with a grin.

"Alright, let's go!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chrysalis smirked as her Changelings began systematically trapping everypony. Soon, it would be hers. It ALL would be hers! Suddenly, a light burst from the heavens. Princess Celestia! Beside her, a dark shadow was cast. Shade! Chrysalis's smirk only grew. Soon, they would all bow to her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cavern where the Elemental Necklaces and Twilight were hidden was surprisingly close to Ponyville. They got Twilight out easily, due to the lack of guards. However, Twilight was in no condition to use the elements, so when they looked outside and saw the battle, Scott decided to hurry back and help as much as he could, while the Elements helped Twilight recover while they walked at a slower pace. When Scott arrived at the battlefield, he knew the ponies would need his help.

Author's Note:

Pardon the mistakes in my Ye Olde English, I'm not very good at it. Did I do Applejack's accent right? I'm not good at any accents.