• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 897 Views, 14 Comments

Apocalypse - Dream Seeker



Humanity has made a terrible mistake. Can they prevent Equestria from doing the same? Warning: Humanity is destroyed.

  • ...
18
 14
 897

Changeling Queen

Shade Stalker stood in the center of a circle of the rest of the Changeling Council. After Chrysalis failed in her plans to fix the Love Famine, and went so far as to risk the rest of the Hive in order to have revenge on those who defeated her, the Council decided to banish her for her mistakes. Shade Stalker was voted as the new Queen by the rest of the council. As the Changeling Council chanted strange words, a pattern of runes began to glow on the ground around Shade. She closed her eyes for a moment, only to open them up again moments later, shining with a bright white light. She began growing, larger and larger, until she became the same size as Chrysalis. Then came the separation of the old Queen from the Hive Mind. The Council and Shade's horns shone with a bright green light as they cast a spell to sever the Queen's connection, knocking her out in the process. When this was over, the group proceeded to the throne room of the Hive, where the Changelings were waiting.

"All hail Queen Shade!" shouted one Changeling in the middle of the crowd, and the rest of them repeated him. However, not all of the Changelings were satisfied with this solution. Chrysalis had been a popular Queen, due to her self-confidence and plans that seemed like they would work. As the new Queen was giving a speech about what her rule was going to be like, a group of Changelings loyal to Chrysalis were quietly slipping out the doors, and on to Ponyville, where the Queen was said to have been going last.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chrysalis woke up in a cell in Canterlot, confused and disoriented. She tried to call out to the swarm, but there was a disturbing absence of background noise from the Hive Mind.

"They must have blocked the Hive Mind... but how?!" she thought. "That shouldn't be possible, the only time a Changeling can't acess the Hive Mind is when... they're... banished..." her thoughts came to a halt. Then she raged at the world. "How could they do this to me?! After everything I've done for them?! HOW DARE THEY!" she yelled at the walls. The racket woke the guards, who had been sleeping in place right outside the prison. As they woke up, one of them went upstairs to inform the Princesses.

"Your Highnesses. The prisoner is awake." he stated calmly and professionally, even as he began to sweat in fear. He had been injured during the Changeling invasion, and still had nightmares about his friends turning out to be those... things. As a Royal Guard, however, duty must come first. He did not complain when assigned to guard the Changeling Queen of his nightmares.

"Thank you. We will meet her in an hour." Celestia smiled warmly.

An hour later, Celestia, Luna, and a small group of Royal Guard walked to Chrysalis's cell. By this time, Chrysalis was done raging and was weaping. She looked up when she heard the sound of their hooves on the hard stone floor, and spat in rage.

"What do you want?! Come here to gloat?!"
"Not at all. We wish to discuss a treaty."
"Good luck!" Chrysalis snorted. "Not my problem anymore!"
"What do you mean?"
"What do you think I mean? I've been banished from the Hive!"
Celestia and Luna looked confused. "You've been... banished?"
Chrysalis sighed. "You really know almost nothing about our politics, do you? Well, when a Queen, Drone or Council Member is declared unfit for duty by a two-thirds majority of the Council, they are banished. The banishing process separates them from the hive mind, meaning any alliance you attempt to form with me will have no purpose. The new Queen is who you want to talk to. They will probably send a convoy to pick me up shortly, so they can punish me further. That would probably be the best diplomatic move for you."

Celestia and Luna left shortly after and went to their planning room.
"We sense a trap!" Luna declared. "Thou art tricked! That foul scum would never give you genuine advice."
"Sister, I don't fully trust her, but the advice seems sensible. Likely she would just rather be punished by her own then by us. She may plan on earning her Queenship back. I will go by her advice."
Luna seethed at her sister ignoring her advice. "Mark my words!" she roared. "No good shall come of this!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chrysalis looked slightly frightened as the Royal Guards accompanied her to the throne room. There, she saw a group of Changelings waiting to pick her up. Celestia had agreed to give her over to them. She noticeably gulped, and was escorted out by the Changelings. When the convoy was outside the city, she hissed in pleasure and straitens herself.

"Thank you." she hissed. "I knew my loyal subjects would come for me before the new Queen could."
"Of course." replied one of the Drones. "We know who our true leader is. The new Queen is that weakling Shade. She was opposed to your plans to overthrow Celestia and Luna."
"Ah, yes. We must first establish a base of operations. If we could infiltrate Ponyville, we could both neutralize the Elements and use Twilight as a bargaining chip for Shining Armor and Cadence. We have to go undercover for now, we don't have enough power yet."
"Yes, my Queen. We shall do as you say."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott was performing chemistry experiments with Twilight, who was trying to create a potion of liquid magic. However, the proportions of each individual ingredient had to be exactly right for a success. So far, everything was going perfectly, and there was only one ingredient left.

"This is the last ingredient, Twilight. Do the honors." said Scott, anxiously. "Just don't mess up."
"Of course I won't!" she scoffed. "Nothing can stop me now!"

A lightning bolt struck as she laughed evilly, the light shining across her face.

Scott shivered, "That's kind of creepy."

Twilight carefully began to pour just the right amount of liquid in, when...

"BRRRRRUP!" burped Spike as he received a letter. "Hey, Twilight, a letter from the Princess!"
"Waaa!" screeched Twilight as she lost her balance, sending too much of the ingredient into the potion. The potion began to glow with a strange and increasing blue light. It began to boil, and was soon frothing over the sides and steaming. Spike, Twilight and Scott backed away in fear. The cauldron began to glow red and melt, as the floor of Twilight's library sizzled. Soon, there was nothing left but a hole in the floor. Scott shuddered,

"Maybe we shouldn't try this one again..."
"Hmm..." Twilight mused. "A letter from the Princess also disturbed the last batch I tried to make, and the batch before that was messed up by a falling piano that Derpy dropped. I wonder what it is about this potion that keeps stopping me."
Scott shrugged. "Maybe magic is where Murphy's Law comes from."
Twilight looked confused. "Murphy's Law?"
"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong. It seems to happen a lot more often around here, and if magic is related to it, then if something could prevent you from making a magic amplifier potion, it would happen, due to the magnification of Murphy's Law."
Twilight stared. "Somehow, that made sense."
"TWILIGHT!" Spike shouted. "I've been trying to get your attention for ages now!"
Twilight blushed. "Oh, yes, sorry Spike. What do you need?"
Spike waved the letter from the Princess in front of her. "The letter?"
"Oh, yes, read it."
"Eh-Ehm..."

Dear Twilight Sparkle, I wish to inform you that Chrysalis has been overthrown by the rest of the Changelings, and we have given her to an envoy sent by them to be punished. They arrived yesterday, and if any changelings are spotted around Ponyville, remain civil. We may be looking at an alliance shortly.

"WHAT?!" Twilight shrieked. "An alliance with them? After what they did to us? Spike, sent a letter to the Prin-"
"Twilight, no!" Scott said. "A war is the last thing you want! No matter how much they have done in the past, it is always better to make peace. The last war our civilization had resulted in the destruction of entire planets. On this scale, it would be cities. Do you want to be responsible for entire cities to be wiped out?"
"N-n-no..." Twilight mumbled.
"Then let your Princess take care of it. I am confident she can pull your races together. Just tell her you feel sensitive about it, and ask her if you can abstain from taking part in negotiations."
"But she'll be so disappointed in me..."
Scott shook his head. "She won't. She understands that some ponies will not feel up to negotiating directly, and will respect that. However, it would be for the best if you didn't actively antagonize them."
"Ok..." said Twilight, avoiding his eyes. "Spike, take a letter, say-"
"Already got it, Twi. Is this ok?"
"Sure!" Twilight smiled, reading the letter. "Send it!"

Spike sent the letter, and it disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay, I had a camping trip and then lots of long term school assignments... Almost no time at all to write. Anyway, the story is almost over. See you next chapter!