• Published 20th May 2014
  • 1,307 Views, 9 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode V: Revenge of the Dark Side - sonicdash123



Ever since the battle of the Crystal Empire, a dark unicorn named Malgus escaped from the Equestrian Empire and has started a war against them.

  • ...
27
 9
 1,307

Chapter 7: Wrath of the Empire

Malgus was on the bridge of his flagship as he watched the fighters flyby his window. The admiral approached as he said, "The army is ready, my lord."

Malgus then turned to the admiral and said, "Good. Plot a course to Canterlot. Once there, we will crush the Equestrian Empire once and for all." The admiral then bowed to him and walked back to the engineers working on the controls of the flagship.

---------------------

Charming Thunder's interceptor landed next to Roeoss' ship which Fluttershy flew along with and then headed to the throne room. They both then entered the throne room where Twilight and Spike were. "I'm home," Charming Thunder said.

Twilight turned to see the group enter as Roeoss looked around the room. Spike ran to Charming Thunder and hugged his leg as he said, "Its been a long time. How are you?"

"I'm good, Spike."

Twilight then gave Charming Thunder a kiss and asked, "What did Celestia want?"

"She wanted to show me a new creature that came to Equestria." He then pointed to the Trandoshan as he explained. "Roeoss is a Trandoshan hunter and he has agreed to help us." Roeoss then noticed Twilight and walked up to her.

Roeoss then bowed to Twilight as he said, "It is an honor to meet you, princess."

"The pleasure is all mine. I sure hope that you will be of use to us whenever we need you." Spike then burped out a letter and Twilight levitated the scroll. She unrolled it and began to read it.

"Does your dragon friend do that all the time?" Roeoss asked Charming Thunder.

"Yeah. He burps out letters that are only from my aunt named Celestia." Twilight gasped as she rolled up the scroll. "What is it, dear?"

"We need to head to Canterlot right away. The princesses wants us to be there for something. It may be trouble."

"Roeoss can you fly Twilight and her friends to the castle? I'll take my interceptor as I escort you there safely."

"Of course."

"I'll go grab the others as you two get ready." Charming Thunder then ran out of the throne room and entered the cockpit of his interceptor.

---------------------

The D5-Mantis carrying Twilight and her friends flew to Canterlot as Charming Thunder's interceptor escorted the ship. The Mantis then landed on the landing pad as Charming Thunder landed his ship in the hangar. He then exited the cockpit and R4 beeped as Charming Thunder walked to the door. "No, R4," he said. "Stay here for now." He then entered the hallway to the throne room as he walked. He opened the door to the throne room as the rest of his friends entered. "Aunt Celestia, what's the emergency?"

"Malgus is heading this way as we speak," Celestia said.

"We must prepare ourselves for battle," Luna said. "And hopefully end Malgus' terror for good."

"What's my role for this upcoming battle?"

"Malgus is on his flagship called the Leviathan. You are to board that vessel and kill Malgus. Roeoss and the others will handle the ground forces. Rainbow and the Wonderbolt Squadron will hold off the fighters as you safely land inside the ship."

"Is it wise, princess?" Roeoss asked. "This could be a trap."

"He might have a good point," Applejack said. "Malgus wants Charming Thunder and him alone. But I don't know why."

"Very well. As soon as the battle begins, Charming Thunder will fight his way through to the flagship as the fleet provides cover fire."

"I'm going with him," Twilight said.

"No," Luna said. "Its too dangerous and--"

"Its ok, Aunt Luna. I'll make sure that she is safe."

"So be it," Celestia. "Now go." Charming Thunder and Twilight then ran out of the room and headed to their ships to go to Malgus' flagship as the battle will soon begin. The others then looked out of the window to see the enemy fleet heading straight towards Canterlot. "And good luck."

---------------------

The fleet of Star Destroyers along with the massive Super Star Destroyer got into position as the enemy fleet deployed troop transports to the ground as Applejack and her forces readied their defenses. Turrets were placed behind the trenches as citizens returned to their homes for safety. A trooper came to Applejack and reported, "We are set, commander."

"Tell the troops to get into positions then," Applejack ordered. "This is where the fun begins." The troops took cover in the trenches as the others were on the rooftops. An AT-ST stood in position behind the trenches as the troops wait. A marching sound was heard and the enemy troops came in along with a 3 foot tall droid. One arm was a flamethrower as the other arm was a shield with a gas tank on its back. "OPEN FIRE!!" The troops opened fire at the incoming army as the walker moved up a little and fired at them. Snipers were on the roof firing at the troops as the enemy forces took cover. The enemy fleet deployed fighter squadrons as the Star Destroyers deployed various TIE Fighter squadrons with the Wonderbolt Squadron in front. Meanwhile in the hangar, Charming Thunder and Twilight were in their Eta-2 class interceptors and prepared for launch. They then flew out of the hangar and into the battle as they made their way to Malgus' flagship. Enemy fighters flew towards them as they took evasive action.

"Stay close," Charming Thunder said to Twilight in his headset. "The Leviathan is dead ahead." R4 beeped as Charming Thunder maneuvered around the enemy fighters. The hangar was dead ahead and Charming Thunder along with Twilight safely landed. R4 popped out of the interceptor and rolled to the controls to locate Malgus. "Just as I thought. He is at the bridge waiting for us."

Twilight walked next to him and said, "Lets go."

"Right. R4, stay with the ship." Charming Thunder and Twilight then ran through the door to the hallway crawling with troops. Twilight grabbed her blaster as Charming Thunder activated his lightsaber. The enemy opened fire at them as Twilight fired at them. Charming Thunder deflected the shots towards them. Once the room was clear, they proceeded through the hall to the bridge.