• Published 20th May 2014
  • 1,306 Views, 9 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode V: Revenge of the Dark Side - sonicdash123



Ever since the battle of the Crystal Empire, a dark unicorn named Malgus escaped from the Equestrian Empire and has started a war against them.

  • ...
27
 9
 1,306

Chapter 3: The Execution of Tirek

A shuttle that carried the griffin king, Charming Thunder, and R4 flew towards Canterlot castle and landed on a landing platform. The ramp lowered and the group walked out of the shuttle. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were at the door as she watched them walk up to her. "Are you alright?" Celestia asked.

"Yes. I am," the griffin said. "Thanks to your nephew. But Malgus has escaped."

"Malgus won't interfere with your kingdom anymore. I will make sure of it."

"Thank you, princess."

"Now if you follow me, we can discuss what you and your kingdom requires for your safety." Charming Thunder and R4 followed Celestia right beside Luna as they talked.

"I was so close to capturing him," Charming Thunder said.

"Don't worry, nephew," Luna said as she placed a hoof on his shoulder. "You will get him soon enough." Cadence stood behind a pillar as she watched the group pass by.

"Excuse me," Charming Thunder said as he walked the other way.

"Of course." He then ran to Cadence and gave her a tight hug. She began to sob with relief as she embraced the hug.

"I've missed you, Cadence."

"I'm just glad that you are alright," Cadence said. "Since you were away, I had to deal with a situation with an escapee from Tartarus."

"Who?"

"Lord Tirek."

"Did he hurt you?"

Cadence giggled. "No. I'm alright."

Shining Armor approached them as he said, "Hey, buddy."

"Hey, Shining." He then gave him a high five. "How's it going?"

"Princess Celestia needs to see you right away. She did not say why." Charming Thunder then walked down the hallway with Shining Armor to the throne room. Shining Armor opened the door and only Luna and Celestia were present.

"You wanted to see me, Aunt Celestia?"

"Yes. I have a task for you. I need you to deal with Tirek."

"You want me to kill him? I don't know if its a right thing to do."

"Its the only way that he cannot steal our magic again."

"What of my wife?"

"She and her friends sealed him back to the pits of Tartarus and I made sure that he doesn't steal magic from anypony while he is down there. She sacrificed her magic to save her friends including Discord."

"Discord?"

"Yes. At first he betrayed us," Luna said. "But now he is no longer evil anymore."

"He put my wife in danger? He will get what he deserves."

"Then you will leave to Tartarus immediately. I will inform the guards that you are expected there. Once you are done, you will head to Twilight's castle in Ponyvile. And don't worry about your father's stuff. I made sure that the guards brought them to your a room in your personal chambers." Charming Thunder nodded and left to take a flight to Tartarus.

---------------------

Charming Thunder's Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor landed in front the gateway to Tartarus as the guards noticed the ship. The cockpit hatch opened to reveal Charming Thunder. R4 popped out of the ship and followed him. He then gestured to the droid and said, "Stay with the ship, R4. This is a matter I must handle alone." R4 then rolled back to the ship and waited for Charming Thunder. Inside Tartarus, there were many monsters in their cells. A cerberus that guarded the stairway to the prisoner he needed to see moved out of the way. When he reached to the top of the stairs, he saw the centurion with black eyes and yellow pupils. He wore a magical muzzle which kept him from stealing magic from anyone.

"Ah, so Celestia has sent you here for a reason," Tirek said as he turned to see Charming Thunder.

"You must be Lord Tirek." He then entered inside the cage that the centurion was in. "I am--

"Charming Thunder, the war hero of Equestria. Yes yes. I know who you are. Everypony is always talking about you and--" Tirek was interupted when Charming Thunder used his magic to choke him. He released him and the centurion started to cough.

"You could've thought twice before escaping Tartarus. What else do you know about me?"

"I hear that you are still looking for answers about the Crystal Knights." Charming Thunder's eyes grew wide as he turned to face him. "I was a friend of Star Swirl the Bearded. Remember?"

"I...I was never told about that."

"Celestia and Luna were not the only ones who put me in chains. My traitorous brother Scorpan helped them put me here during the Discord Wars."

"Your brother was a good friend to my aunts then. You know why I am here?"

"No. But I can tell that you are angry about something I did."

"Yes. You were the one who almost hurt my princess wife."

"Twilight Sparkle?"

"Yes."

"Ah. You know, I never knew that she was the new princess and she had all of the alicorn magic from Celestia, Luna, and Cadence." Charming Thunder then started to get angry. "Your wife was so brave she even had to free Discord." Charming Thunder held his lightsaber and closed his eyes as Tirek continued. "She was so powerful and so wise that she had to become a weakling in the end." Charming Thunder had enough. He activated his lightsaber and pointed it at him. "Ah. I see. Celestia has sent you here to kill me."

"I'm just doing what she wants me to do."

"You would dare attack an unarmed being? What would your father think?" Charming Thunder gritted his teeth and chopped off Tirek's left leg. The centurion fell to the ground in pain as Charming Thunder readied his final strike. His strike then chopped off his head as tears fell down the unicorns cheek.

---------------------

Luna heard a voice of Sombra screaming out, "Charming! Charming! No!" She gasped as she slid her eyes open.

"What is it, sister?" Celestia asked.

"I sensed pain, suffering, and death." Celestia was shocked with what Luna said as she walked down the stairs of the throne. "Something terrible has happened. Charming Thunder is in pain. Terrible, terrible pain."

"Contact Twilight Sparkle and let her know about this."