• Published 20th May 2014
  • 1,306 Views, 9 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode V: Revenge of the Dark Side - sonicdash123



Ever since the battle of the Crystal Empire, a dark unicorn named Malgus escaped from the Equestrian Empire and has started a war against them.

  • ...
27
 9
 1,306

Chapter 6: Trandoshan Hunter

A changeling was in the Everfree forest running away from something that was chasing him. He then hid behind a tree and hoped that he lost the pursuer. He looked around and saw nobody around. He then came out of his hiding spot and slowly walked. Suddenly, a reptilian humanoid creature jumped out of nowhere and landed in front of the changeling. Its scales were mossy green and has red eyes. Its teeth were shown as it scares the changeling. "P-please whatever you want, I can give it to you I swear," the changeling said. He then tripped on the ground and crawled back.

"The only thing I want is you dead," the creature hissed as the changeling backed away. "You are trapped now. There is nowhere left to run." It then grabbed its blaster rifle from his back and pointed it at the changeling. "Any last words?" The only thing the changeling did was shake in fear as the creature came closer and closer. "No? Well then." It then pulled the trigger and shot the changeling. It then started to walk away from its prey when a bright light shone in front of it. "Grrr. What is going on here?" The light faded and Princess Celestia appeared in front of the hunter. "Who are you?"

"I am Princess Celestia, ruler of the land of Equestria," she explained. "I trust that you are not from around here?"

"No. Not really. I'm--" It was interrupted when something hit him in the back of the head and fell to the ground unconscious. The unicorn guard that was behind it handcuffed its hands and levitated it to the chariot.

---------------------

The next day, Charming Thunder and Fluttershy arrived at Canterlot since they recieved a letter from Princess Celestia requesting them to come. They entered the throne room and Celestia walked up to them. "We came here as fast as we could," Charming Thunder said.

"Is something wrong?"

"Nothing," Celestia said. "I just want you to help me with something."

"Anything, princess."

"I need you two to meet a creature I found in the Everfree forest but I must warn you, it is dangerous."

"Define dangerous," Charming Thunder said.

"Like it would eat you whole."

Fluttershy then hid behind Charming Thunder and said, "Where is it now?"

"In the dungeon. Follow me." They both then left the throne room and walked downstairs the the dungeon cell where the creature is held. Once they arrived, they only heard growling sounds inside the cell. The guard then opened the door and allowed Fluttershy and Charming THunder to enter. Once the door closed, they came face to face with the humanoid reptile in chains. It stared at them as they slowly walked to it.

"What are you?" Fluttershy asked nervously.

The creature growled and said, "I'm Roeoss, a male Trandoshan hunter of this world you call Equestria."

"A hunter? Perhaps you can be useful if you will cooperate. So enlighten me about your skills."

"I am skilled with melee weapons and a good shot with a blaster. I can also crush anyone with my claws."

"Hmm. There are some enemies that I need to be crushed."

The Trandoshan hissed as he said, "Free me from these chains and I will help you with this...war you are in. All I need is my weapons back, my hunting knife, and any ship that you have here. I promise you that this is no trick." Charming Thunder stood back to the door and knocked on it three times. The door opened and a guard entered the room.

"Get him down and give him his stuff back. He's going to be useful for our cause." The unicorn guard then used his magic to let Roeoss out of those chains. He then walked up to Charming Thunder and raised out his three fingered hand.

"Do we have a deal?"

Charming Thunder then shook his hand as he said, "Deal. If you follow me, I will show you the hangar where we store ships that might suit you." The group along with Princess Celestia walked upstairs to go to the hangar for the Trandoshan to choose a ship. Charming Thunder leaned to Celestia and whispered, "Why exactly did you need Fluttershy for this?"

"I wanted her to use the stare in case something went wrong."

"Gotcha," Fluttershy whispered.

---------------------

There were three ships in the hangar that can be chosen. Charming Thunder pointed one of them out as the Trandoshan listened. "This is a YV-666 light freighter," Charming Thunder explained. "A long, tall, narrow, and blocky freighter with port and starboard maneuvering fins at the rear that provided vertical movement and a three-deck design." He then pointed to the next ship. "This one is a D5-Mantis Patrol Craft. A best-in-class patrol craft, designed to compete with—and meet the demands of—much larger starships, such as a Star Destroyer. Now the last ship is my personal favorite; the Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft. It is a transport to carry prisoners and an attack ship to hunt your prey down. So, what do you think?" Roeoss examined the ships he wanted to use and he looked at the Mantis Patrol Craft.

"I like the Mantis," Roeoss said with a hiss. "I'm sure it will come in handy when it comes with dealing with enemy capital ships."

"Good. If you want, you can tag along with me as I introduce you to my wife at her castle."

"Yeah. Its a good idea. I need to get acquainted before I can be part of this world."