• Published 18th May 2014
  • 1,961 Views, 57 Comments

Forgiven - ashiida



Discord consults a certain alicorn princess on the topic of forgiveness.

  • ...
2
 57
 1,961

Chapter One: Lack of Understanding

“Discord, what are you—“ Twilight began, but stopped herself and took a deep breath. Getting upset at Discord will not help, and as the newly appointed Princess of Friendship, she knew better than to get annoyed so suddenly and have her usual blatant sarcasm she had when around him. Exhale. “…Do you need something, Discord?” She started over, speaking slowly but surely. She tried her best to keep her tone of voice irritation-free. It only took her a few moments to notice that the usually smiling draconequus did not wear his usual goofy grin. In fact, he wore a face that resembled the one that he wore while in one of Tirek’s bubbles. A look of pure sadness.

“I do Twilight, I do. I just.... I need to speak with you, if possible.” Discord said. His silk-like voice had an odd trembling edge to it. It wasn’t like Discord to be nervous or scared. It was downright odd, and not the good odd, the bad one. Twilight stepped back some, allowing Discord to enter her home. She closed the door behind him.

“Fluttershy stopped by earlier. She was worried about you.” Discord’s ears twitched, and his face sunk even more.

“Oh?” He said simply, as if he wasn’t truly listening. His insane mind seemed to be in a far off place; even farther away than the edge of Equestria.

“Yes,” Twilight hesitated. “…she said she had written you several letters. All of which you discarded or simply didn’t receive in the mail.” Looking at Discord like this was too much to bare, and without thinking, Twilight sputtered, “are you okay, Discord?” The draconequus stared at something distant for awhile, and then looked at Twilight, shaking his head ‘no’ ever so slightly.

“I’m not.”

“Is it because of the throne? If you want one that badly, I’m sure Princess Celestia could—“

“No Twilight. It’s not because of the throne. It’s because of you.” Twilight blinked. Me? I’m the reason he’s sad? I’m the reason he’s been ignoring Fluttershy?

“What have I done to you? I’ve done nothing but accept you. There’s no reason to be angry or sad about my actions, I don’t understand—“ Discord held up a paw, signaling for Twilight to stop. He shook his head..

“That’s just it. It’s what you haven’t done.” He sighed. “You haven’t punished me. You haven’t turned me to stone. I haven’t even been scolded once. I don’t get it.”

“We’re friends, there’s hardly any need for me to scold you!”

“But why, Twilight. I need to know the reason. That isn’t a good enough answer.” He placed his talons over his eyes and began massaging his temples. “I traded friendship for magic. I tricked you and all of your friends. I tricked Fluttershy, the only one in this place that trusted me for most of the period that I was reformed. I don’t deserve this, so why do I have it?” He turned away from Twilight, removing his talons from his forehead. He laid his arms to his sides, so perfectly in place you’d think they had been glued there. “I just want to understand.” Twilight stood bewildered for a moment.

“W-Why’d you come to me about this, and not Fluttershy?” She said, avoiding his question the best she could. She wasn’t entirely sure she could muster out an answer so quickly.

You’re the one who made the sole decision, not Fluttershy. Of course she played a big role, but I’m closer to her than I am to you. I would’ve hated to come to her, the poor gentle thing, and tell her about this. I’d worry her sick.” Twilight couldn’t help but agree. Fluttershy worried over things very easily. There was this one time that Spike had gotten a small splinter in his claw, and Fluttershy had been absolutely drastic. Spike had insisted that he was fine, but Fluttershy kept asking him question after question about if it hurt, even after she had removed it. “If it weren’t for you,” Discord continued, “I would still have been in Tirek’s grasp, and Equestria would have most likely have been lain to ruin unless you could’ve came up with something else to defeat him.” He paused and frowned. “I’m getting off topic, aren’t I?” Whilst stroking his beard with his lion paw, he snapped his talons. In a quick flash of light, he and Twilight were in the castle living room, sitting across from each other in chairs placed neatly in front of a crystal fireplace. “Much better,” he muttered silently.

“Discord, I don’t see what you’re getting out. I forgave you. I forgave you because we are friends. I don’t see why you need an explanation.” Discord placed a paw firmly on his face.

“Because I can’t grasp the reason! Friendship, whatever. It doesn’t seem like a valid reason to simply forgive me so suddenly.” He crosses his paws. “And I will not leave you until I receive a better explanation.”

Twilight sighed. It was going to be a long night.

-

Fluttershy worriedly sent off another letter. It was way past postage hours, but her bat friends were kind enough to deliver letters at night time for her. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't take her mind off of Discord. Was he okay? Did he need help? What if he was hurt? Could he even get hurt? If he could get sick, he probably could get hurt. The thought of Discord being alone and hurt frightened the pegasus.

“Angel Bunny, I’m leaving you in charge. I’m going to go look for Discord.” The white rabbit thumped his foot in protest. “Angel, Discord is a very important friend of mine. If I was missing, he would do the same. I promise to be back soon. I left you a fresh salad in the kitchen.” She said softly before strapping on her saddlebags and exiting her home. “Oh my… I don’t even know where to start looking! Discord never told me where he lived…” She sighed, and a quick rustling of leaves made her jump in fright. “Whoozat?! W-Who’s there?” She squeaked, but noticed the rustling hadn’t come from around her, but from the Everfree forest.

“The Everfree…” she whispered. “O-Of course! The Everfree is untamed and scary. Discord has have his home somewhere in there, but where…?” She sighed. “I wish I didn’t have to go in alone, but if a friend is in need, I’ll try my best to be there for them. I just hope he is in here. Somewhere…” Fluttershy took a deep breath and adjusted her saddlebags.

And then she entered the forest.

Author's Note:

Gosh darn my posts are never lengthy.

Anyways, chapter one! OooOOooOOooo, what'll happen to Fluttershy?