• Published 2nd Jun 2014
  • 775 Views, 13 Comments

Super Robot Taisen: Equestrian Clash - Tythen



Tirek has called upon the summon of otherworldly villains known to pilot steel giants called robots and are bent on revenge, destruction and the indulgence of murder. Can Equestria fight back along with otherworldly friends?

  • ...
7
 13
 775

Chapter 3: A clearing in the mist

Eiji looked at himself and wondered.

"I wonder why this all feels so familiar as a pony? How to fly as a pegasus, how to wear this suit as Layzner and battle with it? Where did all this memory come from?" Eiji wondered until a few missiles were fired at him, snapping his train of thought and dodging it barely.

"Rei. Anything we can use apart from the Laser Rifle?" Eiji asked

"Just like the Layzner" Rei replied "we can use the knuckle shot. Knuckles are located at the front and back hooves. The Calf Missile Pack is on your back and can also be used."

"So wait... Does that also mean?"

"Yes." Rei nodded "the V-MAX driver can also be engaged, but now's not a good time."

"Well, that's good to know! Let's clear up these Jovians and Gradosians."

"Do you plan to disable them?"

"Of course!" Eiji fiercely replied "it's no laughing matter!" And flew into the fray, shooting the unmanned Battas and speeding up close to one of the Bravers and with his knuckle hooves, kicked it until the mech was unable to fight.

"D-Damn! I'm ejecting!" The Gradosian soldier cried and ejected the cockpit, flying back into the mist.

"Grr..." The Gradosian in the glowing Braver growled "I've had enough!!! Send the rest to destroy the town!" He commanded. At once, the Battas and the other 9 Bravers started flying forward towards the town.

"Huh? Where do they think they're going?" Rainbow asked

"From their direction, they are heading for the town." Flash assessed

"Oh crap!!! We need to take them down fast!" Twilight gasped

"I'm too tired after deploying that shield..." Shining replied

"I'll handle this!" Blade assured as he flew to the air "you may want to stand back though." As the ponies managed to move away from his firing range, he prepared.

"This will work... Will it?" Blade asked

"ROGER." Pegas replied

"Right... Take this!!!" Blade taunted and with his Tek crystal starting to collect energy, some special-light cannons opened up and started charging on his shoulder, aiming down on the enemy force.

"Voltekka!!!" Blade cried and the cannons shot a devastating light that covered the entire force of Battas and the 9 bravers, destroying them completely. What was left behind after that dangerous light was a crater where the enemy force once was.

"That... Was... AWESOME!!!" Rainbow cried and flew up to Blade "how did you do that!?!? Please teach me!!!"

"It's... Rather complicated. And I don't want to talk about it." Blade replied

"Aww... Okay." Rainbow sighed.


"The glowing Braver is all that is left of the enemy force." Sosuke announced

"Leave him to me!" Eiji volunteered "just get somewhere safe!"

"Be careful!!!" Akito called out to Eiji as he flew towards the enemy SPT "it may be different than the others!"

"You've got guts to fight back!" The soldier taunted "for a pony! But that all ends now... Take this!" And with the Braver pulling out its laser rifle fired three shots so fast that Eiji was unable to dodge one of them.

"Rrggh... That firing speed. No SPT could achieve that... And that power, it hurts a lot. Must it be that coin that the centaur inserted?"

"Don't lose hope, you can still beat him!" Rei encouraged

"Right." Eiji nodded and fired a few laser shots at the enemy. Although it seemed like a true strike, no matter how fast it was, the Braver was faster and with a knuckle shot counter-attack, sent Eiji to the ground sprawling for pain.

"No... Way..." Eiji winced

"Ha ha ha!" The pilot laughed to himself "all of you are just ponies! All you do is ride people around and become meat for us! It's time to meet your doom!"

"No!" Blade made a strike against the Braver in order to cover Eiji. Simply dodging the Tek Lancer, the pilot also knocked Blade down with one punch.

"Arrgh..."

"I-Impossible..." Eiji coughed

"No Eiji! Please don't give up!" Fluttershy cried

"Fluttershy..."

"I believe in you... Please..." Fluttershy wept. Eiji looked around seeing the ponies that took care of him, tired of fighting back, completely exposed to the dangers of the Braver.

"Dammit... You will not harm these ponies!" Eiji roared "Rei! Activiate the V-MAX!"

"Affirmative!" Rei replied and did some programming in the Layzner pony suit that caused Eiji to start flying faster and faster. Eiji became at a speed where it managed to catch up to the glowing Braver and started to kick it hard with his knuckles. The pilot was taken by surprise.

"No way! That's impossible!!! How is that pony flying as fast as I am!?" The pilot cried as his Braver was pummelled by the pegasus' knuckles and lasers. As he started to look closely at this fast and furious pony, he saw something familiar. "That speed... No way... It can't be. IT CAN'T BE!!!" He pilot yelled as he tried one more time, to punch Eiji out of the sky, but Eiji has V-MAX engaged and hitting the Blue Comet seemed impossible.

"Now Rei! V-MAXIMUM!!!" Eiji commanded and with a fresh new burst of speed, charged and attacked the Braver on all sides.

"Grr... YOU!!! YOU ARE THE LAYZNER!!!" The soldier cried

"This is it!" Eiji remarked as with one final charge, made a full on contact with the glowing Braver and broke through.

"LAYZNER!!!" The pilot yelled before the glowing Braver exploded. Leaving behind the gold bit Tirek inserted. As Eiji slowed down, he approached the bit and picked it up.

"So this is the coin that the Centaur said, would clear the bloody mist." Eiji wondered and peered at the bit, it had a peculiar design to it. Instead of the usual irregular hexagon gem, this one had a design of a comet on it "this comet looks very familiar."

"Eiji!!! You did it!!!" Twilight yelled as the other ponies ran up to him.

"I guess we can still fight when we're ponies." Blade chuckled

"Yes... And it seems so familiar." Eiji added

"Ugh..." Blade winced as he reverted to his normal pony form "I need to eat..."

"Let me guess..." Rainbow Dash asked "you get hungry after all that Tekkaman business?"

"Yeah..." D-Foal nodded "does anypony have an apple on them?"

"Mr Asuka, may I see that bit?" Celestia asked

"You call coins bits here? But sure okay." Eiji nodded and flicked it into her magic range where she inspected it.

"Hmm... This bit can clear the mist? I don't know to use it. I can't sense any power from it." Celestia inspected

"Milady!!! While we were fighting, it turns out that the mist is slowly approaching and is now touching the borders of Ponyville! If we don't do anything about it sooner, the mist will be upon us!"

"Think Celestia think..." Celestia wondered "what can you do?"

"Excuse me Princess... May I?" Eiji asked

"What? Oh, here..." Celestia passed the coin to Eiji once again "do you know something about it?"

"No..." Eiji replied "but I can feel something about that bit. Like there is some magic that's waiting to be exposed. Hmm..." As he rubbed it a little, the bit started to glow and shine a brilliant yellow light.

"Woah!!!" Rainbow noted

"Eiji!!! Are you alright!?" Fluttershy asked

"Yes I am..." Eiji replied "but I think something spoke to me. Told me what to do with this bit." And with one mighty toss, threw it at the mist approaching Ponyville. Once into the mist, the bit exploded and cleared the mist bringing back the sun's rays over that land.

"Wow Eiji!!! You did it!" Twilight gasped

"We would never know that you would clear the mist!" Luna complimented

"Parts of the mist." Sosuke noted pointing at other segments of the bloody mist.

"Looks like we've got to find more coins then." Flash added

"Princess..." Eiji asked Celestia "before I threw it, the same voice told me about you summoning me and the rest. If I could remember, you used something to summon us correct?"

"Oh! Of course... A bit of the main design of Equestria."

"Right... Well, It's because..."

"Well done Princess." A voice interrupted "I may have underestimated you." Everypony turned to see Tirek emerging from the mist a third time.

"Tirek..."

"You and your ponies did seem to put up a good resistance after all. Very well then, I will give you a 5 day period starting tomorrow. Be sure to prepare then." Tirek promised "but the result will be the same." And made his leave.

"Alright ponies. Now we have to fully prepare." Cadence replied

"Hey everypony!!!" a voice called for the group to turn to find Kira, Spike and Yuu galloping towards them. Kira was clad in his armour.

"What a dashing suit!" Rarity exclaimed

"Thanks. Anyway, everypony is now clearing out of the castle. They're happy to have seen part of the mist get cleared by that explosion, knowing that their town is safe. Also..."

"Also what?" Applejack asked

"You'll need to know..."

"We know." Akito replied "our robots... Well, our suits are located in that Castle."

"Actually" Yuu corrected "something else is added to that pile. It's another battle suit that's similar to Eiji's."

"Similar to mine...?" Eiji asked

"Although I haven't seen it, the description of it surely matches some data files I've found in that room." Spike piped up "It's ID code is SPT-BB-02U and the SPT's name is... Baybull."

"Baybull!?" Eiji yelled "does that mean..."

"Captain." Flash replied "we seem to have a new pony who's asking weird questions."

"What the..." Shining jumped "where were you?"

"After the mist had cleared, I went to go scouting around the boarders of Ponyville. During that time, I saw this Red coated pegasus with a blond mane and tail trotting up to Ponyville, he told me he found himself in an area where the mist once resided."

"That seems suspicious... What is his name?"

"Is his name David Rutherford!?" Eiji called out

"Indeed." Flash nodded.

"Hey... Umm... Excuse me Mr Knight?" A voice called Flash and he turned around to see the Red Pegasus "I also happen to be looking for a friend here. His name is--"

"I'm right here David." Eiji waved

"What the... Eiji!?" David cried with terror and joy "what are you doing here!? And what are Akito, Kira and the others doing here? And why are you a pony like I am!?"

"We've got a lot to talk about." Eiji chuckled


Pony Database

Name: Albatro Null/Eiji Asuka

Race: Pegasus

Mane colour: Navy Blue

Coat Colour: Blue

Cutie Mark: Blue Comet

Affiliates (Humans):
David Rutherford (friend)
Roanne Demitrich (friend)
Anna Stephanie (marefriend)
Simone Reflann (friend)
Arthur Cummings Jr. (Friend)
Dr. Elizabeth Clabery (Friend/Guardian?)
Albatro Mill/Julia Asuka (Sister)
Ahmos Gale (Close Friend/Future Brother-in-Law)
Rei (Co-Pilot)

(Ponies known to get along with him):
Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash


Robot (or battle suit): SPT-LZ-00X Layzner or E-SPT-LZ-00X-B Layzner MK-II

Known Attacks (In order from less power to more power):
Laser Rifle
Knuckle Shot
Calf Missiles (optional weapon)
V-MAXIMUM

Anime Origin: Blue Comet SPT Layzner

Known story: As a human, Eiji is a hybrid with a human astronaut for a father and a Gradosian noblewoman for a mother. He grew up as a low-ranking Gradosian SPT pilot on the Empire's homeworld. A pacifist by nature, he still decides to take a more direct hand when he learns of the invasion of Earth. Unfortunately he is torn between his beliefs and his loyalties towards the comrades of his homeworld, many whom he considers to be his kindred. This forces Eiji to go to extreme lengths to not kill his opponents: an ideal made vastly difficult by the amoral AI aboard the Layzner.

As a pony, Eiji is noted as one of the most fastest pegasi that could even equal Rainbow Dash without having the Layzner suit on. Due to impressive speeds, Rainbow Dash has respect for him. Whenever he has difficulty learning about something pony, Fluttershy was always there to help him out. He helps out in Ponyville by patrolling the borders in case any robots were to attack. Rei was an AI aboard the Layzner that was so intelligent that she had an actual personality with feminine characteristics and the nature of a sweet child. However, she would always recommend Eiji to destroy the cockpit of an enemy, killing its pilot when in battle, instead of disabling the SPT. Sometimes, she can take control of Layzner herself to protect Eiji. Upon entering the pony world, Rei transformed into a female baby dragon with blue scales and green spikes. Her personality is still the same when she was an AI but now that she has a live body, she is able to have a wider variety of language and other ponies saw her as a cute baby dragon. She formed a solid friendship with Spike.

Author's Note:

Just so everyone knows. I'm basing this off the Super Robot Taisen J game here, some characters do not die in the game, even though they died in the anime.