• Published 2nd Jun 2014
  • 775 Views, 13 Comments

Super Robot Taisen: Equestrian Clash - Tythen



Tirek has called upon the summon of otherworldly villains known to pilot steel giants called robots and are bent on revenge, destruction and the indulgence of murder. Can Equestria fight back along with otherworldly friends?

  • ...
7
 13
 775

Chapter 4: The days of preparation (Day 1)

Equestria has been given the taste of what the otherworldly forces would feel like despite being given a 5-day preparation. The Princesses and their friends along with otherworldly help of their own manifested into the form of ponies, managed to defend Ponyville from it's first wave and with it, cleared parts of hostile mist that threatened the borders of Ponyville. This early wave was however, a test of their strength in order to see if the ponies were strong and ready. Now promised their 5-day preparation, the ponies were faced with matters that need attending: The defensive measures against future attacks on Ponyville, Canterlot AND the Crystal Empire, the liberation of the lands shrouded in the bloody mist, the safety measures of all the ponies living in the three areas and with a new case, the search for any more otherworldly allies that has turned into ponies such as Eiji's friend, David Rutherford.


"Eiji!? Where are you!?" David cried

"Layzner!!! Come in!!!" Roanne communicated to no avail

"I've got nothing..." Simone sighed

"Brother..." Julia prayed

"We mustn't give up! I'm sure we can still find him!!!" Gale encouraged

"Look people!!! There's a light exploding in the sky!!!" Anne pointed

"Again!? That's the time right after Eiji disappeared!" David reminded

"Hey... David..." Arthur pointed with fear

"What?"

"Your... Body..."

"Oh no... Am I disappearing!?"

"Just so you know, so is the Baybull!!!" Dr Elizabeth called out

"No!!! Help me!!! I don't want to die!!!"

"Relax!!!" Simone held "you won't die! I remember that figure saying that she dragged Eiji to her world. Maybe she's dragging you in too! You can find Eiji then get out of there!!!"

"O-Okay then!!! I hope you're in there Eiji because I'm going to find you!"

"Good luck!" Arthur called before David completely disappeared from their view.


"I... See. So that's what happened." David, as a red-coat pegasus, sighed after hearing the whole story from Eiji.

"Yes. The Princess told me she only just brought me, Koji and the others here. She had nothing to do with you."

"So... Was I here by accident?"

"We told the Princess we could use the help from you guys. Though that spell takes about a week to recharge, you apparently showed up!"

"So... I'm needed by these... Ponies???"

"I need all of you. Roanne, Simone, and the others. I'm sure the natives will also get used to you. We're actually getting praises for defending the town!"

"But... How can you defend the town from those Jovians and Gradosians? Especially without Layzner?"

"David... In the pony world... Things run very differently!!!" Eiji laughed. That was in fact, true as the otherworldly ponies were no longer worried about finding their 'robots' to fight against their old enemies. In Twilight's castle, there was a mysterious door that housed all the equipment necessary for these human-turned-ponies to fight as they did before, caused by a brilliant light of memory. This however, did not affect just the 8 of them. It seemed to have filled the minds of any native ponies, the knowledge of robots and the realm of the humans and their events.


"Hmm..." Applejack wondered after she stepped out of the room. "And ah thought Tirek was messed up already!"

"I'll never know how democracy can stabilise a world such as that." Rarity dreaded

"So much robots..." Rainbow moaned, clutching her head.

"It's rather... Fascinating..." Fluttershy confessed. As the native ponies were conversing over the knowledge of the human world, the humans-turned-ponies had also some problems of their own.


"What's wrong Domon?" Sosuke asked "you look unhappy. One of the natives got you angry?"

"My mind is currently thinking about meat right now!" Domon whined "but these ponies are herbivores. And we've all become one too!!! My digestive system takes longer to digest food and my body wants to crave hay and flowers. Oh dear... What has happened to me!?"

"But Domon, the native ponies have a bigger diet variety than you think. From what I've scouted, they eat fruits, dairy products, wheat products, anything and everything except for meat, they even eat something called 'hayburgers'. As for drinks, they drink pretty much everything and that includes some alcoholic drinks. Mostly, ponies here like eating and drinking sweet things. If Melua Mela Meia were here, her emotions of joy will go off the charts. She would mostly hang around the store where Pinkie Pie works and her sweet tooth will go rotten in 10 seconds flat."

Despite both sides having problems of their own, they shared a lot with each other. With special talents to show and memories to present and trade, the pony natives started to accept the newcomers from another world.


"Wow. Look at that unicorn levitating and teleporting around." Carrot Cake pointed out to Yuu Isami, testing out the fact that his Brain Powered and its power has completely merged into his mind and body.

"Pinkie said the teleportation was known as Vital Jumping and it had to do something about this Chakra energy coming from something called Brain Powered." Mrs Cake explained "either way, it seems Pound and Pumpkin really like to play with him!" Apart from testing out his new Chakra powers, he indeed was playing with the Cake Twins, flying and levitating around with him. Using his Vital Jump to play peekaboo as well as have small flying races, the cake twins sure love playing with their new neighbour!

"Hime would love this place." Yuu giggled to himself "and I'm sure that everyone back at Novis Noah and Orphan would love this place too... Though I'm not sure what Kant is going to do with them. Better not think about that... Anyway, peekaboo!!!" With the native ponies of Equestria having their own problems, they gladly accepted the help to overcome them from the newcomers.


"Milady... May I ask... What is this?" Flash asked as he picked up a grain of rice "It looks like a grain... But a grain of what?"

"It's rice!" Twilight explained "it grew from the rice fields in Chineigh and imported all the way here to Equestria at my own request!!! I've read from the books about foreign countries and their special delicacies! I'd thought I'd like the town to try some!!!"

"As much as everypony would like to try something new, does anypony around actually have the knowledge to prepare this 'rice'?"

"That's a good question... Um..." Twilight wondered as she inspected one grain. "Put them in the oven?"

"With a surface area like that, it would not withstand the heat." Flash assessed

"True... Maybe the microwave?"

"Honestly..." Flash decided "I don't think you need just heat..."

"... It needs water as well." Akito replied as he approached them.

"You've made this before?" Twilight asked

"And that's my real talent." Akito noted pointing at his flank to show a rice bowl that has some black and white light in it, and a strange looking symbol at the front of the bowl.

"That symbol... And that light..." Flash asked

"And I'm also stuck with those too..." Akito sighed "that symbol is the mark of a pilot and that mark is based on boson jumping."

"Hmm... From what I can remember from that light, Boson jumping is basically like vital jumping, but you can also grasp and manipulate time to your will." Twilight remembered

"Let's not talk about that..." Akito suggested "so you want to know how to cook rice? I've found all my cooking tools back in that room."

"We'd love to!"

"Okay then. First, you need to drain the rice with a pot on the stove..." Akito instructed. After an example and through instructions, it was time to see the results.

"Wow!!! It looks lovely!!!" Twilight exclaimed after seeing a straight up prepared bowl of rice with a few other condiments such as vegetables and eggs.

"One of my favourites, this dish is called Martian Bowl! You eat the rice with the egg and vegetables and it's really nice. Why don't you guys try it, then make one for yourselves?" After a few seconds of eating, both ponies were very satisfied

"Wow!!! It really is delicious!!!" Twilight exclaimed

"Yes. For something different, it is by far, better than what was served in the canteen. Canteen food still tastes great though." Flash nodded

"I've read your personal file. Probably because you're never picky with what you eat Flashy." Twilight mocked "now let's make one each!"

"Flashy!? Umm... I mean... Whatever you say princess." Flash blushed. Flash and Twilight worked busily on their dishes while Akito chuckled and looked outside the window.

"Wow... There's a lot of fresh food around here. This place ain't so bad." Akito admired

"We're done!!!" Twilight called. Akito returned to see two different Martian bowls that looked distinct from his design.

"I... Don't think I did that well." Flash sweated as he presented his dish. Indeed it lacked a lot in quality, with the rice all in a mess. But when Akito tasted it, it brought a smile to the young pony's face.

"Not bad." Akito complimented "not that good on quality, but it certainly tastes what it should be."

"Your file says you also master every skill of survival in the field that you could even do home cooking in the field! Though it also said your presentation of such dishes needs improving." Twilight chuckled

"Well then, I'd like to see how your dish turns out." Flash grinned

"Agreed." Akito nodded "it does look very good!" And as he took a bite out of it, he stood in silence.

"Well?" Twilight asked

"There's quite a lot of things missing in this..." Akito noted as he tried to savour any flavour of Twilight's dish.

"Umm... Really?"

"Yep... It may look good, but it's got nothing." Akito shook. "But hey, at least it's better than Yurika's!"

"You know Akito, is it ok if you can cook for the town?" Twilight proposed "you don't have to if you don't want to..."

"Are you kidding me!?" Akito cried "I would definitely do that over fighting any day!!! Consider it done! If there is a good number of supplies required for my talents, I'm your stallion!"

"Well, we've got a lot of this rice to handle." Flash pointed out "since this is imported, we may have to start growing our own rice if it starts to get popular with Equestria's taste, but we have ample supplies of all the other condiments required for any dish you so wish to make."

"Yeah. I noticed this place is brimming with a lot of agriculture!"

"It's the main business here in Ponyville." Twilight explained. And when these visitors had problems of their own, anypony was able to help them out!!!


"Hmm..." Kira wondered as he tried to see how he could be helpful. "All I know is about writing up OSes. I wonder how things work here? I mean, how can I use my unicorn powers? I can't even levitate things!"

"You look awfully distressed Kira." Shining noted as he saw the coordinator unicorn passing by. "Is anything wrong?"

"Well" Kira answered "I'm just not used to this world, I don't know how to use what I've got. I know that I can use magic since I can feel it, I just don't know how to let it out."

"Then the first thing you've got to do" Shining instructed "is to concentrate very hard on what you want to levitate. For instance." Shining concentrated and levitated a random bucket that was hanging around and levitated around Kira before putting it down where it used to be. "Now you try Kira."

"Okay then." Kira nodded, he stared at the bucket, at tried concentrating on it. "Come on..." Kira pleaded.

"Tell yourself where you also want that bucket to go. Either to you or somewhere. Try and think on where you want to put the bucket."

"Hnngh!" Kira focused until he felt something snap inside his head, replaced with a cloud of presence in his mind. Kira wondered what it is and tried to move it around, turns out this cloudy thing was moving under his command! As he held that cloud close to him, Kira opened his eyes to see that the bucket was levitating right in front of him surrounded by a teal coloured aura.

"Woah!" Kira jumped surprised, breaking him out of his focus and dropping the bucket

"Not bad!" Shining complimented.

"Wow... I did it..." Kira gasped

"Practice makes perfect." Shining added "now try it again."

"Okay, should be easier now..." Kira nodded and focused once more without closing his eyes. This time, he managed to envelop the bucket with his teal coloured magic and move it around in the air.

"Yes." Kira cheered to himself

"Looks like you can handle levitation." Shining analysed "how about you try using the crank of a water well?"

Indeed, most ponies were able to get along with the ponified humans, but not all. Some had a great concern with their presence and are not afraid of showing them out.


"That's some fancy device you've built!" Spitfire noted she examined a strange machine that Koji built

"I've heard from Rainbow that you've got some trouble with some certain thunderclouds having distorted charges."

"Yeah, we leave all that science stuff to the unicorns." Soarin chuckled

"Well no problem!" Koji replied "this mechanical baby will fix it up no problem! All I just need to do is to bring this thing up to the clouds and it will do the work!"

"But... It's a bit dangerous for an Earth pony. Why don't we do it?" Spitfire suggested

"Listen, I know that Pegasi are masters of weather manipulation, but I also know that dealing with the weather can be very dangerous, especially with electricity. I can handle this type of work in order to maintain safety issues."

"But... You can't fly." Soarin pointed out

"No need to!" Koji chuckled and brought out a hoverboard.

"Wait..." Rainbow held "that strongly looks like the Kaiser Pilder in your world."

"It is the Kaiser Pilder!" Koji laughed "It's just converted to a hoverboard in the pony world, but it could still soar as high as the clouds!" He jumped on the hoverboard and flew around Rainbow and the wonderbolts for a quick trial "see?"

"That's awesome." Spitfire replied amazed. "Now shall we?"


"Woah!" Koji yelled as the 4 ponies flew through the dark clouds "it's sure dark in here. Wonder why it's not windy."

"Air pressure's low today in the high altitude, it's going to be windy and rainy on the ground soon enough."

"Then let's get cloud fixing!" Koji replied. As the 4 arrived at their destination, Koji fiddled with some final adjustments on the machine.

"Stand back now." Koji warned "it's going to go zap!" In response, two adjacent clouds immediately let loose the sparks of lightning, directly connecting to a side of the machine each.

"Woah!" Soarin exclaimed "that machine's not even toasted!"

"I've configured the machine to match the opposite charges of the clouds." Koji explained "courtesy of Photon Power Labs! Though... This machine and cloud configuration is kind of the first."

"How long will it take?" Rainbow asked as she watched the furious lines of lightning continuously striking the sides of the machine.

"5 minutes." Koji replied.


After all the mentioned thunderclouds have been fixed and settled, the 4 ponies landed back in Ponyville laughing.

"Man, that was an amazing show!" Spitfire complimented

"I didn't even know what to do if certain circumstances like this happened again!" Soarin chuckled

"Thank goodness you were around Koji!" Rainbow thanked

"Oh shush, it's no problem at all." Koji replied

"Excuse me!" A voice screeched nearby, a very stern looking pony was trotting straight towards them

"Oh, hello Ms Harshwinny!" Rainbow greeted

"I dare say those nearby clouds seem to have a massive fight with each other! What did you Pegasi do?"

"Us?" Spitfire asked "we just did some cloud fixing, its all done and dusted!"

"And who might you be?" Ms Harshwinny asked Koji "I have never seen you around before."

"I'm Koji Kabuto! Pleasure to meet you madam!" Koji greeted

"Hmm..." The inspector peered at the lightning machine next to him, as well has the Pilder hoverboard "and what are these!?"

"Those are special items of mine." Koji answered "I used this board to fly in the skies and this machine to help fixed those clouds back then."

"Well I say!" Ms Harshwinny angrily replied "do you know how dangerous it is for an Earth Pony to deal with lightning!?"

"Well." Koji whistled "dealing with physics is my speciality! Especially with lightning!"

"It matters not." Ms Harshwhinny replied "what matters is that Earth ponies are not to toil with the work of the pegasi, understand?"

"But..."

"No buts Mr Kabuto." Ms Harshwinny interrupted "let the pegasi do their own job. For your safety, stay on the ground and don't play with lightning!" And abruptly trotted away leaving an upset Koji behind.

"But..." Koji repeated

"It's okay Koji." Spitifire cheered "this is why she's called Ms Harshwinny!"

"Besides" Soarin added "she's worried for everypony's safety!"

"She's also prefers professionalism on the skills of a pony's species." Rainbow chuckled

"Hmm..." Koji smiled "I understand. I don't think she's a bad pony at all. Reminds me of somepony."


As everypony in Ponyville were now able to carry on their everyday lives, Princess Celestia and Luna came to visit Twilight.

"Princess!" Spike greeted as the two princesses landed at the castle entrance "how fares Canterlot? It's not covered in red fog... Is it?"

"Not at all. No need to worry." Celestia comforted "but we need an emergency meeting. Get Twilight, her friends, Flash, Shining and Cadence and the 8 hu... I mean 9 humans-turned-ponies."

"So glad to see you didn't leave out good old David!" Spike laughed

"I'm not old!" David retorted as he and Eiji overheard the baby dragon.

"But that's what I am about to discuss." Celestia finished.

"Sounds serious." Eiji replied.


As everypony gathered Celestia discussed the important matters concerning the fog and enemies.

"A 5-day preparation is very precious. We must not waste it." Celestia replied

"We plan to make sure the towns and cities are well defended with what we have." Luna informed

"But with the current numbers and ways of attacks in Ponyville, Crystal Empire and Canterlot combined, I'm not sure how we would be able to withstand such an attack." Sosuke replied

"Hey! We managed to pull our weight!" Rainbow replied offended

"But how many are like you? Apart from you and the wonderbolts, I'm not sure if the civilians would put up much of a fight."

"Maybe 3 of us can defend either Ponyville, Canterlot or the Crystal Empire." Yuu suggested

"Apart from that, my main concern is this." Celestia briefed "we may be given a break, but they can do a lot of preparing and scouting too. I need to make sure we can do the same."

"I'l get on to that." Shining saluted

"As for reconnaissance. I also plan to make some... Sneak attacks."

"I beg your pardon?" Twilight replied

"If we make any assault, Tirek would consider our days of preparation over and the chances of defending Equestria will be gone before we know it."

"Does Tirek know you will plan such thing?" Twilight asked

"Not at all, he thinks I'm always graceful and elegant and that I will only spout the defence. Well guess what? I'm gonna throw that elegance away and initiate the first punch."

"May I ask why your Highness would want to strike the enemy first?" D-Foal asked

"Because bits." Eiji replied

"Pardon?" Flash asked

"Bits. You know, the coins and your currency. Remember the one I tossed at the mist which cleared it?"

"Yes?" Flash replied

"Well, It also brought along poor David here too."

"Quite a surprise." David chuckled

"So that means..." Flash thought loudly "If we start making a stealthy attack against the enemy, our chances of finding a glowing unit will increase."

"Exactly." Celestia replied "I'd like to gain enough terrain to fight on as well as gather the help from your friends and allies."

"Then I guess this settles our two conditions." Kira concluded happily "It'll be good to see Athrun, Lacus, Cagalli, Mu, Capt. Raimus and everypony else!"

"Not so fast." David interrupted "I think there's a catch."

"What is it?" Akito asked

"Eiji, this bit you were talking about. What was it inserted to?"

"An SPT Braver."

"And what did the bit look like?"

"A comet."

"That refers to the Layzner right? The blue comet."

"I think I understand what David's getting on now." Rei piped up

"Birdy!" Birdy chirped in excitement

"What have you got then?" Domon asked

"Birdy! Birdy Birdy Birdy!" Birdy chirped

"Um... I don't speak bird, sorry." Koji joked

"He suggesting that what ever unit is glowing, be it a Death soldier, ZAFT unit, Reclaimer or whatever, the bit will reveal an ally used to fighting their respective enemy."

"So..." Domon replied "If a Jovian unit is glowing, there's a high chance that the bit will look like the symbol of Nergal and when thrown at the mist, it will bring one of Akito's friends and their robots?"

"It could even bring the entire Nadesico ship for all I know!" Rei laughed

"Oh I see where this is going." Kira realised "A glowing Radam enemy will yield a bit that can summon D-Foal's friends, and if by any chance there's a glowing mercenary, it's going to be either Kurz, Mao or Chidori and the entire crew of the Tuatha de denann! And since Rei and Birdy can have real life bodies, maybe Bonta-Kun can become a real life animate!"

"Oh Celestia..." Sosuke sighed

"So, when can we start reconnaissance?" Flash asked

"Maybe day 3, we'll plan things for the first 2 days." Celestia replied

"This meeting is over. Everypony is dismissed!" Luna commanded


Meanwhile, somewhere in Tartarus, Tirek was milling over Equestria's performance.

"Not bad... Not bad..."

"Lord Tirek." A bipedal figure came from behind

"Ah, it's you."

"I have seen the battle from the Red fog. It seems that a few of my Gradosians have returned safely as they have been forced to eject."

"That's a problem?"

"No, ejecting is not a problem at all. But being forced to eject? Yes."

"What are you trying to say?"

"When I was in my world, I know an enemy of Grados who has been disabling his opponents instead of killing them. I feel that this first skirmish is very familiar."

"What do you think?"

"I think the ponies has allied with some certain Earth monkeys and a traitor."

"Hmm..." Tirek wondered and pulled out 6 special bits. He inserted one into a Batta, GINN, Radam beast, Death Soldier, Grand Cher and Mechabeast. As a result, these 6 machines or creatures started to glow intensely.

"I'll send them out to do some recon. Just because the ponies think I can let them rest easy does not mean I won't leave them alone. I'll see how the elegant Celestia would just continue defending life."

"Heh heh..." The human chuckled


Pony Database

Name: Yuu Isami

Race: Unicorn

Mane colour: Navy Blue

Coat colour: Blue

Cutie Mark: Lone wolf

Affiliates (Humans):
Hime Utsumiya (Marefriend?)
Jonathan Glenn (Rival, close friend)
Iiko Isami (Sister)
Nanga Silverly (superior, friend)
Irene Carrier (commander, friend)
Winston Geybridge (supreme commander, friend)
Lasse/Russ Lundberg (comrade, friend)
Kanan Gimms (Best Friend)
Higgins Saz (comrade, friend)
Kant Kestner (comrade, friend)
Nakki Guys (comrade, friend)
Kensaku Isami (Father)
Midori Isami (Mother)
Nelly Kim (Deceased) (Mentor)

(Ponies known to get along with him):
Twilight Sparkle
The Cake Family

Robot (or battle suit):
Nelly Brain
Yuu Brain (fused with another brain in order to repair itself to become the special Hybrid Brain Powered named Nelly Brain)

Known attacks (less power to more power):
Missile Launcher
Brain Bar Shot
Brain Bar Cut
2-handed Brain Bar

Anime origin: Brain Powerd

Known story: As a human, Yuu Isami is a young, teenage boy and a former Reclaimer, after a fateful encounter with Hime Utsumiya, Yuu decides to leave Orphan, escaping with a Brain Powerd. Despite the frictions between his family's ambitions to discover more of Orphan's nature and his own freedom, Yuu understands the value of keeping life precious and the memories that would cherish in his life. He has lone wolf tendencies, often going off on his own for unofficial missions or just sitting on deck staring at the sky without the company of others.

As a Pony, Yuu still keeps his lone wolf tendencies as he just normally likes to sit and stare at the clouds at day or night. However, he greatly thinks about everypony back at his world and here in Equestria. He also starts to grow friendly and be sociable with the residents of Ponyville. Being a unicorn, he sometimes spends time with Twilight in order to learn and perfect his pony magic. As his Brain Powered became a part of his pony body, he is able to manoeuvre like his Brain Powered. That is, levitate in the air and "vital jump" around the place. He is also able to use the chakra power of his Brain Powered to initiate his Chakra shields as well as use his horn to open a portal for missiles to fly out, shoot chakra beams and to materialise the main weapon of any Brain Powered, the Brain Bar. When summoning 2 however, the bars appear on his front hooves instead. He uses his Brain Powered abilities (or magic)
to normally play with the Cake Twins when he has the chance or when they nag and wail at him constantly when they want to play with him. This allowed Yuu to make friends with the cake family as well as to help them out free of charge. He's not a baby sitter or full time worker like Pinkie, but his presence is always welcomed.

Author's Note:

Remember that I'm still sticking to the robot roster list on the long description of the story. The singular robot series will make their appearance, and so will the Banpresto Originals.

Question: What is your favourite robot series in the game of Super Robot Taisen J? Mine's got to be Gundam SEED, no matter how many people hate it. Sure, the developers of the storyline did some silly stuff in there that left me heartbroken (Athrun and Cagalli? Mirialla and Dearka? They broke up? HOW COULD YOU!?) it was rather funny, because Haro, Birdy and similar VA's to MLP.