• Published 2nd Jun 2014
  • 775 Views, 13 Comments

Super Robot Taisen: Equestrian Clash - Tythen



Tirek has called upon the summon of otherworldly villains known to pilot steel giants called robots and are bent on revenge, destruction and the indulgence of murder. Can Equestria fight back along with otherworldly friends?

  • ...
7
 13
 775

Chapter 1: A whole new world

In Ponyville, a black-maned and navy blue coated earth pony was frantically looking around for answers.

"W-Where's the Photon Power labs? Sayaka? Boss? Tetsuya? Shiro? Anypony? And why am I still saying anypony?" Koji wondered

"Excuse me Mr Kabuto." A guard approached him

"O-Oh, you were that nice pony guard who helped me from before. I-I've got a few more questions to ask if you're able."

"Actually" the guard corrected "I've got some orders in order to escort you to the Princess. Apparently you're a special case, somepony being brought from another world."

"Really? So somepony knows me in this world? Thanks!!! I thought I was the lonely one."

"I've also got information that you're not the only special case here. Other ponies are in the same mysterious boat as you are."

"Really? We'll I'd better get ready to know them! I'm going to need to rely heavily on them, and they will rely heavily on me!" Koji chuckled

"Hmm..." The guard wondered "let me see... Do you know Yuu Isami?"

"Wait... That guy who pilots those brain powered!"

"I had no idea what that was but you certainly know him." The guard concluded "how about Takaya Aiba?"

"Some reason, that name rings a bell..." Koji wondered

"He also has a nickname as 'D-Foal'."

" 'D-Foal'? If you're trying to say 'D-Foal', then I would know him!"

"So you do know the name D-Foal?" The guard asked confused

"I didn't say D-Foal, I said D-Foal!"

"What!?"

"Hang on a sec..." Koji held as he tried to remember the terms about animals and that foal means an equine boy. "Yes. I do know him."

"Okay then..." The guard continued "then... You would know Domon Kasshu?"

" 'he who inherits the power of the undefeated of the east?' Yep... I know those three ponies."

"Well what a coincidence... I shall find them."

"Do you want me to help?"

"Why, thank you for your offer! Especially for somepony who is new to this world."


In Canterlot, a Red coat and a spiky brown mane earth pony was frantically running around finding something or somepony that's familiar until a pink pony jumped right in front of them.

"Hello!!!" Pinkie greeted

"Aahh!!!" Akito fell back surprised "w-who are you? Please don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry about that!" Pinkie apologised as she picked the pony up "I'm Pinkie Pie, and you're?"

"Um... I'm Akito Tenkawa. Nice to meet you." Akito greeted

"Nice to meet you too!!!" Pinkie replied "hey... That name sounds familiar... Oh I know, you're one of the humans that were brought from another world and turned into ponies!"

"Wha? How do you know!?" Akito jumped up, realising somepony knew about his condition and problem.

"Well, the Princess of the Sun summoned you and a few other humans to help defend Equestria." Pinkie explained

"Hmm... I remember before that there was this image in the air talking about her world in turmoil and that she needed help. I also remember that I was dragged here without being given a choice!"

"Sorry! If a princess requires help, they're powerful enough to call or summon that help straight away."

"But... This city looks peaceful... I don't see any war going around."

"A five-day headcount for the Princess to gather up every type of defence possible. Wouldn't your princess do the same thing in your world?"

"N-No... In my world, we don't have a monarchy" Akito explained "the world is run by a group of politicians known as the government, the majority of them do a crap job too..."

"Really? Normally with a position this big, ponies would never ever abuse this job for their own means! Especially one of my friends!"

"You're friends with a princess?"

"Yep! There are 4 princesses in Equestria! The Princess of the Sun Celestia, the Princess of the Moon Luna, the Princess of Love Cadence and my friend Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship!"

"Wow..."

"All four of them are individually very powerful in politics and magic and they rule over the lands with peace and harmony."

"Wow... The way you ponies run this land sounds better than what I have... I'm so envious, I'd like to learn more..." Akito gracefully got interested in the history. Even though this Pink Pony is annoying and irritating, she does sound fun to hang around with, Akito thought. A friend that could even help him to know the purpose of his presence?

"Excuse me..." Shining called to a silver coat earth pony with a black mane.

"Is there a problem?" The pony replied

"Wait..." Akito pointed out to Shining and the other pony "it looks like that guy is in trouble! So much for a peaceful land."

"That's the captain of Equestria's royal guard Shining Armor." Pinkie answered "as for the other pony, I have no idea. But there are rarely any cases of civil fights. Wonder what's going on?"

"Are you Sosuke Sagara?" Shining asked spurring the other pony into a defensive stance.

"How do you know about my identity?" Sosuke snapped

"Wait... Sosuke Sagara!?" Akito realised

"You know that pony?" Pinkie asked

"Yeah... During the time when there was a large-scale war in my world, he and I fought together to protect the Earth. How come he's here, and how is he also a pony?"

"Like I said before, you're not the only one who was brought here and turned into a pony." Pinkie reminded and listened with Akito to the confrontation between the Captain and the Military Maniac.

"I am Shining Armor, Captain of the Royal Guard in Equestria." Shining introduced "I know about you, and why you are here... And why you're a pony. If you can come with me--" Shining was interrupted with a hoof to the face which brought him on the floor. The next thing he knew was that the pony named Sosuke was galloping away. Other guards were trying to stop him but he fought through them while it was nothing. As Sosuke was finding some means to escape, an abnormal gust of wind flew above him and he saw and Orange pony land in front of him a few meters ahead.

"Freeze!" Flash ordered. Without any hesitation, Sosuke threw a kick on the guard. What he didn't realise that unlike the other guards, this pegasus seemed to block his kick with one hoof. "Predictable." Flash replied and with his other hoof together, grabbed Sosuke's leg and threw him down judo-style. Sosuke immediately recovered from the floor and returned a punch to Flash's gut and prepared to bolt once more. Flash immediately recovered from the punch and tackled Sosuke to the floor. Sosuke pushed Flash abruptly off him and tried to gallop one more time, Flash saw this coming and with a forward flip, whacked Sosuke with both his hind legs to prevent him from running. Realising that this pony would not let him run, Sosuke decided to take him down.

The two ponies were matched, punch for punch, kick for kick, hoof for hoof and buck for buck. As Shining watched the flawless combat between the two, Pinkie and Akito ran up to Shining.

"Heya Capt!!!" Pinkie greeted

"Oh hi Pinkie..." Shining replied still focused on the battle "who's your friend?"

"Akito Tenkawa." Akito greeted "I'm one of the humans that was brought into your world."

"Well so is that stallion fighting Flash. Although he seems to take his situation with hostility." Shining had pointed at the silver pony
"this stallion has so much fighting spirit and he fights well! I've only seen one pony with that type of combat spirit and skill and that's Flash Sentry."

"Do you think we should stop them?" Pinkie asked until a certain noise got the three ponies attention. A brutalised Sosuke had a brutalised Flash in a lock

"Shining Armor." Sosuke started breathing heavily to recover his pain "if you want to have your soldier alive, you will answer my questions."

"Please don't harm him." Shining calmed "I will comply."

"Why is he so calm when one of his soldiers is nearly going to be killed?" Akito whispered

"No Idea." Pinkie replied "something is going on." Sosuke also knew that the demeanour of Shining was rather suspicious but he disregarded it and loosened the grip on Flash "where am I and why am I here? Why am I a pony? Where is Chidori? And even though I am a pony, why can I still flawlessly fight as pony when I was a human? And--" Before he asked further questions, something caught on his leg tripping him on the floor and then held in a lock by Flash.

"You should have never loosened your grip on me." Flash pointed out Sosuke's mistake "especially on somepony that has superior combat skills equal to yours."

"I know this soldier very well Mr Sagara." Shining added "he's my lieutenant. I just wanted you to follow me without any hostility. You would get your answers then."

"Listen here Sosuke." Flash started "I understand why you would try to fight back and run away. Due to being in a different area that is unknown to your memory, you would feel desperation to find out about your position and location alone. Your mind thinks that everypony around you is suspicious and can be a hostile enemy plotting a trap against you."

"What?" Sosuke started

"Don't interrupt. My captain is also known to be rather in an interrogating mood when dealing with someone new. I apologise that he could not come on much nicer terms, but he means no harm at all. Trust me."

"How do you know about all this?" Sosuke asked

"Your eyes." Flash answered "you have the eyes of a military expert and a brilliant combatant: A 'specialist'. I can guess you've had a lot of experience and knowledge in the field for someone so young. Just like me." After that comment, Sosuke peered into the eyes on Flash Sentry and concluded

"Yes... You speak true. I can also see the same in your eyes."

"In that case... Will you promise not to run or fight back? A soldier's agreement?" Flash asked

"... I promise." Sosuke replied and as Flash let go of him and picked him up, Sosuke did indeed showed no more hostility amazing the three spectators. "Even if I am a mercenary, I would not dare defy a soldier with such skill as mine."

"Pleasure to meet you. My name is Flash Sentry. Second-hand man of the Captain and Lieutenant of the Royal Guard of Equestria." Flash greeted holding up a bruised hoof.

"Sosuke Sagara, but I'm pretty sure you know that already. Codename Urzu 7 at Mithril. Pleasure is mine." Sosuke replied shaking his bruised hoof with him.

"Sosuke!" Akito called as the three ponies galloped up to the two.

"I remember you." Sosuke assessed "you are Akito Tenkawa. One of the Aestivalis pilots and the husband of the Nadesico's captain."

"So glad you can remember me." Akito replied.

"This is certainly a puzzling situation." Sosuke stated "I thought I would be the only one brought into this world as a pony. Now it turns out somepony else has been brought here. Somepony that I know."

"It may be coincidence..." Shining asked "but a group of um... Humans have been brought here and since you know each other, do you know the names of these ponies? Umm... Eiji Asuka and Kira Yamato?"

"No way! Them too!?" Akito cried "I'm starting to think this isn't coincidence that the humans brought here are ponies we know."

"Including you two, you are the four ponies spotted in Canterlot." Shining replied "another four ponies are located in another town called Ponyville... They are called--"

"This is just a guess" Sosuke interrupted "but is it Domon Kasshu, Koji Kabuto, Yuu Isami and D-Foal?"

"Should I be asking questions instead?" Shining replied

"Those are the first four names that popped into my mind. There are many others who I've fought with."

"That's right." Akito added "both of us have many companions that work together as one big group."

"If there was some way of communicating with them..." Sosuke wondered loudly

"We'll see what the Princess can do." Flash assured


As soon as everypony had found the eight ponies, the group rounded up back in the castle, meeting and introductions began.

"Welcome, humans from another world. I am Princess Celestia, the Princess of the Sun, my sister Luna, the Princess of the Moon, my niece Cadence, the Princess of Love and my former protege Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Magic. It is an honour to meet your acquaintance." Celestia greeted

"Wow... They're beautiful!" Koji whistled

"Sayaka would kill you if she heard that." Akito replied

"A Princess?" Kira asked

"That is right, Kira Yamato."

"I never knew monarchy would still exist." Kira replied

"I see... I guess your world is run very differently?"

"A lot." Eiji replied

"As much as we'd like to talk about our lives and worlds." Domon butted in "we need to discuss important matters."

"Yes. I almost forgot about that." Celestia replied

"Can you explain why we are here?"

"Yes. All of you... Have been brought here by accident. You have my apologies." Celestia apologised leading to horrified and shocked faces

"She was supposed to summon a powerful entity that once ravaged this land." Luna explained

"As much as I hate to realise that we were here by accident..." Yuu started "maybe summoning an entity with that description could yield serious consequences."

"Either way, even if you summoned us by accident, why are we ponies?" Sosuke asked

"I'm afraid I'd like to ask the same question. Why are you ponies? All I just did is conjure a simple summoning spell."

"Maybe because the main population of this world are ponies and mythological creatures and that there is not a single human to be found?" Yuu guessed

"Perhaps..." D-Foal replied

"You know, I find it pretty awkward now that you're called D-Foal." Domon joked.

"Anyway, is there a reason for this summoning?" Akito continued

"Yes... Here is the low down." Twilight started...


After a few explanations of such and such, the 8 humans-turned-ponies wondered

"great. So this Tirek guy is using robots from another world to rule Equestria?" Koji concludes "figures. Another world conqueror. Nothing new there."

"Fighting other robots is indeed an area that we have been familiar with." Sosuke nodded

"But... I'm sure you know that in order to fight these robots" Kira explained "we use robots too."

"And even if we can find our robots or suits" Akito added "how are we supposed to pilot it if we're ponies?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." Cadence assured

"When I said you didn't have a choice back then" Celestia corrected "I was too desperate in order to get some help. I apologise for my desperation and now you can have the choice. I can bring you back to your world if you want. You'd also turn back into humans when you return. Either way, please make your choice." The 8 ponies wondered and started to talk with each other

"I don't really like fighting... But if we leave, I dread that the destruction of all ponykind is going to haunt my memories forever."

"You know what? I don't think it would be that hard..."

"Honestly... A world full of cuddly ponies is some dream that Yurika would dream up. But if robots are added to the picture, it's too realistic to be a dream."

"Have you made a decision?" Celestia asked. With a nod, the 8 ponies turned around to face the Princess

"Do you know that entity you've tried to summon before?" Domon rhetorically asked "compared to us, that is a death wish if you ask me. We may have been an accident, but we're the better choice."

"So... Does that mean?" Twilight asked

"Yes." Kira nodded "I don't like fighting. But when I have to, I fight for peace and the prevention of a war."

"We will however, comply on two conditions." Sosuke negotiated

"Anything." Luna replied

"First off, we told you that we pilot robots in order to fight robots. If you have any sort of the kind, we'll need them." Koji explained

"We'll see what we can do." Cadence assured "and the second?"

"I'm afraid 8 of us is just not enough in order to suppress and defeat this Tirek enemy and his army." D-Foal added "If you can, please find some way in order to bring our friends and allies over."

"In the meantime" Eiji noted "we'll do the best we can."

"Brave humans from another world." Celestia spoke "it does my heart good to see that you have decided to fight with me. Words cannot describe how thankful I am."

"No problem!" Akito assured "however, our relationship may get rocky, but here's to hoping that we will never break out against each other!"

"You know... I've got this feeling." Yuu started

"that this may all be a trap?" Sosuke asked

"No... I trust the Princess... It's just that these robots that Tirek summoned... I feel like that it's those same enemies we've fought before..."

"You mean the Jovian Lizards, Mechabeasts, Reclaimers, Radam beasts, Gradosians, Devil Corps, ZAFT, Earth Alliance and mercenaries?" Sosuke asked. The others shivered at the names of the enemies the 8 ponies were talking about.

"I'm not so sure, it may be a different type of enemy altogether." Kira replied

"Just as long as it isn't the Fury." Eiji shuddered

"Either way, any robot will be unable stand up to us." Domon boasted

"If only we had OUR robots which we DON'T have right now." Akito reminded

"We have an acceptable amount of time to find them." D-Foal added "I need to find Pegas."

"Umm... Excuse me." Rarity piped "we can help you find your robots." Kira's head shot up to look at Rarity as her voice has hit a line of his memory.

"You..." Kira started

"I'm sorry... Did I say something wrong?" Rarity stepped back frightened

"Oh... Sorry about my response. May I know your name?" Kira apologised

"It's Rarity."

"Well then Rarity. You said nothing wrong. It's just something about you..." He unhappily looked down.

"M-May I know what it is? I'll try and fix it." Rarity asked

"It's your voice..." Kira answered "there's nothing wrong with it, but it reminds me of a close friend of mine... Your voice is very similar to that friend I lost to the wrath of war and slaughter."

"Oh dear... My condolences Kira." Rarity comforted "may I know this mare's name?"

"Flay Allster." Kira replied "she cared for me a lot. Despite me being a coordinator. She hates all kinds of coordinators, showed hostility to Lacus and by the time she realised her actions against coordinators, just when she was going to apologise. She was shot." Kira tried not to cry

"Kira..." Rarity put a shoulder on the upset coordinator. As the 8 ponies were conversing with the other ponies, sharing their identities, cultures and all the fun information everyone loved to give, a guard immediately rushed in with a horrified look on his face.

"P-Princess!" The guard yelped

"Is there a problem?" Celestia asked

"T-There's a massive thick red mist that's heading towards Ponyville!"

"What!?" Celestia jumped "everypony, I'm afraid conversations will have to cease right now. We must make haste to Ponyville!"

Author's Note:

Just so everyone knows, all the ponies have dexterous hooves.

Fun Fact: Kira remembers his deceased friend Flay Allster when he met Rarity. Why? Because both Rarity and Flay Allster are voiced by the same English actress Tabitha St. Germain.