• Published 19th May 2014
  • 521 Views, 5 Comments

Rotten Apples - Visual Spectrum



Applejack and Corn Maize enter the Apple Pie Contest together.

  • ...
 5
 521

Chapter 2

The Apple family finished their chores early because Corn Maize and Braeburn helped. Source Code was from the city, so he never learned how to. Braeburn knew he didn't stand a chance, but he wanted his city cousin to understand what it means to be an Apple.

Big Mac was going to compete with Apple Bloom, but he found out that she was too young. He knew Apple Bloom was disappointed, and so was he.

Applejack was considering pairing with Rarity if Corn Maize didn't enter, but she didn't think she could convince a pony like Rarity to participate even if she represented the element of generosity. 'Maybe I'll get Rares outta her comfort zone another time,' she thought.

Corn Maize had his doubts. He may be related to the Apples, but he is not one. He was part of the Corn family. There were no trees to buck, and corn was easy to peel. He started feeling that his job was easy compared to what she was doing now.

A couple hours later, a train arrived and let out a large crowd of ponies. Applejack looked through the crowd to see if she recognized any of them. Several members of the Apple family were seen, but she saw two ponies she wished she would never see again. The Flim Flam brothers.

"I hope they ain't tryin' nothin' fishy," she said to Corn Maize.

"Who are they?" He asked confused.

"The Flim Flam Brothers," Applejack explained, "they ain't fair. We met 'em twice. First time, we almost lost the farm, second, Granny Smith almost lost her life,"

"That's terrible," said Corn Maize in shock, "How did Granny Smith almost die?"

"They sold her a tonic and convinced her she could dive and encouraged her," Applejack explained coldly, "They told her she could make it. If I hadn't stopped her... I don't know."

"I'm sure she's proud to have a granddaughter like you," Corn Maize complimented.

"It was nothin' really. I just did what I had to," Applejack admitted.

"My family said I was modest," Corn Maize commented laughing.

"I'm just bein' honest," Applejack replied.

"Honesty is always good," Corn Maize stated smiling.

Applejack was thinking about telling him that she represented the element of honesty, but she felt that she would be boasting, so she held her tongue. She admired that her cousin was similar to her.

The ponies made their way to a booth with a piece of paper and wrote down their names to participate. After they did so, the stallion behind the both handed each pair another piece of paper.When Applejack and Corn Maize got theirs, they read over it.

Apple Pie Contest

The Apple Pie Contest was created to help ponies who couldn't afford food. To encourage a larger number of pies, we decided to create a contest.

Rules
Magic is forbidden
Do not spy on other contestants
Only use the tools that are provided.
Do not start a new round early. The host will tell you when you may start the new round
Once the host declares "Stop" you must stop.
Cheating of any form of prohibited
Both members of each pair must participate
Anyone caught breaking the rules will be disqualified.

Contests
Apple bucking: This round is timed. Each apple is a point.
Apple peeling: Each team will be given 100 apples to peel. The round ends when the first pair peels all of their apples. Each apple peeled is a point.
Pie making: The round ends after every team makes an apple pie. The judges will taste test. The pair with the best apple pie wins one hundred points. The second best pie earns the pair fifty points, and third earns 25 points.
Winning
The pair with the most points are the winners and will be given 50,000 bits as prize money. Second place will get 25,000, and third place will get 10,000.


“Some of the rules seem a bit odd don’t ya think?” Corn Maize asked, “No spyin’? What the hay is up with that?”

“That rule was placed there to make cheating more difficult,” Explained Applejack.

"Whoo wee!" Corn Maize exclaimed looking at the sky, "Today sure went by rather quickly!"

Applejack looked at the sky and noticed that Princess Luna already brought out the moon, "We should get to sleep. Tonight ain't one of those nights for stayin' up late."

The ponies headed to bed to go to sleep. The night was quiet, but Applejack's mind was teaching. She was very nervous and had trouble sleeping, but she ended up falling into slumber.

Author's Note:

Disclaimer: I do not own My Little Pony. Hasbro does.
Source Code belongs to ZekeOfTheFreaks http://www.fimfiction.net/user/ZekeOfTheFreaks