• Published 19th May 2014
  • 518 Views, 5 Comments

Rotten Apples - Visual Spectrum



Applejack and Corn Maize enter the Apple Pie Contest together.

  • ...
 5
 518

Chapter 3

Today was the day of the contest. Every pair was preparing except for one: the Flim Flam brothers. Applejack has a feeling they were up to something and looked at them on occasion, but she focused on the contest for the most part.

Corn Maize's apple bucking has improved greatly since yesterday. He and Applejack were confident they would win. They knew that they couldn't guarantee that the Flim Flam brothers wouldn't win, but they wanted to make sure they don't take first. Cheaters never deserve to win.
The ponies continued to train. The contest was an hour and a half away. Every pair except the Flim Flam brothers were sweating.
Applejack looked over at the two unicorns having no reason to trust them. Corn Maize easily ignored them, but he couldn't ignore the fact that they were making his cousin so irritated that she stopped training.

"Don't let them get ta you," Corn Maize advised. "They ain't worth your worry."

"Granny Smith could've died 'cause of them," Applejack replied with tears in her eyes.

Corn Maize knew the Flim Flam brothers hit a nerve on his cousin when he noticed the tears. Granny Smith said AJ rarely cries. He couldn't blame her for crying.

Applejack looked over at the timer and noticed that it was almost time to end training. She let the Flim Flam brothers get in the way of her training without even trying.

"Applejack, why don't we get some cider?" Corn Maize suggested. Applejack nodded and walked with her cousin to the stand and grabbed a cup of apple cider.

The contest itself didn't start until an hour later, so the contestants waited. They were not allowed to train at the time.

Author's Note:

Disclaimer: I do not own My Little Pony. Hasbro does.
Source Code belongs to ZekeOfTheFreaks http://www.fimfiction.net/user/ZekeOfTheFreaks