• Published 19th May 2014
  • 514 Views, 5 Comments

Rotten Apples - Visual Spectrum



Applejack and Corn Maize enter the Apple Pie Contest together.

  • ...
 5
 514

Chapter 5

Applejack broke the news to Corn Maize. The two cousins hugged each other and walked into the crowd. Applejack gestured Corn Maize to follow her and led him to Rarity.

"Rares, where the hay are the others?" Applejack asked confused.

Rarity replied, "You should know Pinkie Pie is planning the party, and Twilight has some risk business in Canterlot. Rainbow Dash had a mandatory Wonderbolts meeting. Fluttershy needs to take care of a stick animal."

Applejack stated at Rarity and bluntly stated, "you're lyin'. Pinkie is planning the party, but the others ain't doing anything."

"They didn't want to sit for hours watching ponies bake pie," Rarity answers truthfully.

Applejack sighed and said, "This here is ma cousin Corn Maize."

"Howdy, Miss," Corn Maize said shaking Rarity's good, "it's a pleasure meetin' ya."

Rarity smiled kindly and replied, "It's pleasure to meet you, too."

Corn Maize then said, "Applejack told me ya were gonna be her original choice."

Applejack glared at him, but to her luck, Rarity wasn't mad. Instead, she told him, "I would rather not get my hooves dirty, but it is for a good cause. I would have considered it if she asked."

Applejack was shocked about. Sure Rarity represented the element of generosity, but there were other ways to help the homeless ponies that she would rather do. She wouldn't get her hooves dirty unless it was absolutely necessary.

After a few hours of mingling, a judge made an announcement, "Before we begin, I need to announce that two teams, the Flim Flam brothers as well as Applejack and Corn Maize are disqualified for the use of magic and spying, respectively. The Flim Flam brothers will no longer new permitted to compete in the Apple Pie Contest!"

Applejack looked down in shame and whispered, "sorry" to Rarity who replied with a hug.

The judge continued, "The judges have considered the results, and we came to an agreement. The first place winner is..." there was a pause, "Rose and Daisy!" The crowd cheered, and the judge named the other winners.

"I'm so proud of you," Rarity told Applejack.

"What do ya mean?" Applejack asked confused, "I broke one of the rules."

"You gave up your chance of winning to make sure that the winner is someone who played fair,"

Applejack stared at Corn Maize in shock, "Are ya psychic?"

Corn Maize shook his head and replied, "Honestly, it ain't hard to figure out. "

Rarity was confused, but she was able to figure out that she said something Corn Maize said earlier. She was impressed by that.

Pinkie Pie hopped in happily holding a megaphone and announced, "LET'S PARTY!!"

The contestants except the Flim Flam brothers and Applejack and Corn Maize followed Pinkie Pie. Miss Harshwhinney saw Applejack and Corn Maize and told them, "You were very noble, so you will still be allowed to attend the party."

Applejack and Corn Maize looked at each other in shock. Applejack hugged Rarity and promised to bring back some of the the food, then the two of them ran to other contestants.

The party was a blast, but that was expected for any party planned by Pinkie Pie. Applejack and Corn Maize chatted most of the time. Applejack even talked to Source Code who told her that he got last place in the apple bucking round. They all knew that once the party ended, they had to say their goodbyes.

A couple hours later, Corn Maize, Braeburn, and Source Code boarded the train. The three of them promised to visit soon before the train left.

Applejack went to the Carousel Boutique to give Rarity some food from the party just as she promised. She saw Rarity's diary and got an idea and left.

Once she got home, she opened her diary and wrote.

Dear diary,
The Apple Pie Contest was tons of fun. Even though I got disqualified, it was one of the greatest moments I have ever experienced. I also learned something. It is important to tell others when someone is cheating so that the winner is someone who deserves it, even if you have to make sacrifices. I also learned that Corn Maize was a great cousin that I wish I knew earlier One thing I noticed was that Braeburn and Source Code got along as if they were brothers.

Applejack.

Author's Note:

Disclaimer: I do not own My Little Pony. Hasbro does.
Source Code belongs to ZekeOfTheFreaks http://www.fimfiction.net/user/ZekeOfTheFreaks

Comments ( 5 )

Thanks for using my OC in this. :twilightsmile:

Comment posted by Visual Spectrum deleted May 20th, 2014

Is...is that pony maker cover art...?

4416672

I used a pony maker. I wasn't sure how else to make my OC (Corn Maize) and Applejack hoof bumping each other.

Login or register to comment