• Published 11th May 2014
  • 794 Views, 4 Comments

Order In Equestria - Bowenross



Tristan was ready for normalcy, he wasn't ready for this.

  • ...
3
 4
 794

An Interesting Day

"Today I'm just going to learn something about you guys and we'll listen to some new music. As I have already told first block, I listen to many different genres of music. I started band in sixth grade and I have been involved in the musical arts my entire life. After I take roll, we will go around the room and tell me about you." I took roll, and the activity went the same way as it had gone in the class before.

When I got around to Pinkie, who was the last person, she jumped onto her desk just like Rainbow Dash. She pulled a party hat and a noise maker out of her hair and proceeded to yell, "I love to throw super terrific parties for the whole school!" I gave her a smile and told her to sit down, politely of course.

"I was informed by first block that you listened to country for two weeks, so we will be changing the genre of music we listen to today." I pointed to my computer. "Who wants to come up and find some songs for us to listen to?"

Applejack raised her hand. I motioned for her to come on up, but she just shook her head and raised her hand again. I realized that she wanted to ask a question.

"What is it, Miss Apple?"

"Ah' heard from a student that ya' insulted country music. What did ya' do that for?"

"I personally do not like country music, but I personally did not insult it. It was Miss Dash that did so. I am pretty sure that you have a different taste in music than I do, so you may insult a type of music that I like. I have nothing against people living the country lifestyle or anything; I just don't like the music that country artists produce."

"Ah' respect that ya' told me what ya' honestly thought. Ah'l keep what you said in mind for when you play music that you like." She settled back in her seat, obviously pleased I had spoken truthfully.

"Now that I have answered Miss Apple's question, is there anyone who would like to come pick out some songs?" I scanned the room, and one hand shot up much faster than anyone else's. I should have known she would be the one to volunteer. "Yes Miss Pie, you may come up."

She bounced out of her desk and over to min while I made my way to my seat in the back of the classroom and I got to it as soon as she started the first song. She was fast. I realized that I had forgotten to tell this class what genre we were listening to, but it appeared that Pinkie already knew. Either it was a hunch or she had heard from a student in first block what music we were listening to. The second option was way more plausible, but Pinkie had the most accurate of hunches.

Pinkie played songs that I liked just as much than the ones Vinyl had played. It seemed that, when thinking about music, those two were almost on the same wavelength. There were two idiots in the front of the class shooting spitballs at one another. I got Pinkie's attention and told her to stop the music for a second.

"Okay you two, you should probably stop before Clank misses Ratchet and ends up hitting Vice-Principal Luna as she walks into the classroom. Then I wouldn't be able to get you out of punishment." The two stopped and I told Pinkie to start up the music again.

When there were sixteen minutes left of class, I motioned for Pinkie to stop the music and return to her desk. When the class quieted down I told them what I told first block, that the next fifteen minutes were theirs if they kept it at a whisper. They started whispering to those sitting next to them as I made my way back to my desk. When I sat down, I saw that Clank and Ratchet had started to shoot spitballs again. I just sighed and shook my head; those two were going to learn a lesson the hard way.

When there were three minutes left in class, the two idiots were still going at it with the spitballs. Who did they think was going to have to clean their mess up!? Just then, there was a knock at the door and Luna walked in, which made everyone's attention move to the door. Clank and Ratchet were no exceptions. Clank launched a spitball, which completely missed Ratchet, which hit Luna dead center of her forehead.

Luna glared at the two boys and pulled them out of class towards her office. I just gave them an 'I told you so' look as they passed my desk, and I went back to my planning. Every student was quiet until one asked, "Can you see into the future?"

"Nah," I said and looked at Pinkie, "it was just a hunch. Gather your things; you only have thirty seconds before the bell rings." Thirty seconds later, the bell rang and the students began to file out the door. A couple of students gave me high-fives as they went out the door. I heard some of them calling me the best teacher they had so far. I smiled; this is exactly what I wanted to hear. Pinkie came up to me and gave me a large, air constricting hug.

"Thanks for the awesome class, Mr. Ordeus. And I got a hunch that you know more than you're letting on."

"Heh, I kind of do. And please don't call me 'Mr. Ordeus', just Ordeus is fine."

"Okey-dokey-lokie then, Ordeus. You can call me Pinkie instead of 'Miss Pie' because all my friends call me Pinkie."

"I'll try to remember that, Pinkie. Now, head on to your next class before you're late for your next class." I wrote her a quick note for her next teacher. "The halls can be really bad sometimes. I've been late a few times because I couldn't get through the halls quick enough."

She thanked me and hopped out the door. I went to the board and wrote down, 'Don't call me Mr. Ordeus, it makes me feel old. Just call me Ordeus. A request from your teacher.' Luckily, the next class was smaller and some came in three minutes after the first bell had rung. We went through roll quickly, and the activity went as quickly as roll call. They all had something to say involving music.

"Since this is Advanced Music, I'll just let this be somewhat of a free block for you guys. What you do has to be something involving music. If you need to borrow an instrument, be my guest." Some students pulled out their laptops and others came to pick up instruments. Flash walked up to my desk and stood there while I used my computer.

"Uh, sir, may I go get my guitar from my car?"

"Sure, just let me ask you something and I'll write you a note." I looked up from my computer to look him in the face. "Do you know why Vinyl Scratch is not in this class?"

"It was a scheduling error. She was supposed to be in this class, but she signed up late and the computer put her in math this block instead of first block."

"Thanks for the info Bra… uh, Flash. Here's a note so you can get your guitar. Just get back in here within ten minutes."

"Sure thing, sir." He grabbed the note and ran out into the hall towards the office.

I yelled after him, "And call me Ordeus!" I walked back to my desk and looked at my computer, pulling up the teacher list. "I'm going to have to get Vinyl into this class," I said behind the hand covering my mouth. "I'm going to have to convince her math teacher and counselor to let her switch classes. Eh… I'll leave that for after school." I pulled up YouTube and looked to see if they had any of the music from my world here to see if I could play the music from my world and it be new here. I saw that none of the music from my world had even a parody in this world or anything so I could play music and it be like it was original.

The music that the students were making was awesome. I could tell that they really liked having this time to make music instead of having to wait until they got home to make music. I figured that, at the end of class, I would tell them tomorrow they would start a project of creating a song and then presenting it to the rest of the class, the students taking the roll of audience members/reviewers. I would then give them a grade on how the students thought about their music. Maybe I could even add a reward for the winner; stir up some friendly competition.

The bell rang for C lunch and the students made their way to the lunch room. I followed them because it was much easier than having to look at the map the entire way there. Some of them gave me strange looks. It seemed that teachers didn't normally eat in the lunch room. I was the only one in there as we entered the room, and I saw the other two of the main six that weren't in my class. Every one of the main six, except for Twilight of course, had the same lunch period. I walked in line and got the soy burger and a bowl of fruit. (By the way, never get the soy burgers that are greenish. Get the ones that at least look like they are made with real meat. I mean, YUCK!) I looked around the lunchroom to find a seat. There was an almost empty table, only Fluttershy was sitting there. I walked over and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Do you mind if I sit here? All the other tables seem full."

She hid behind her hair and slightly nodded. I sat down and started eating my food. It was pretty loud in the lunchroom, so I didn't hear when a student came up behind me and called my name. I finally registered their presence when they did a fake cough in my ear. I swiveled around and was face to face with the biggest bitch in the school, which looked like she was in a suck up mood. I groaned inwardly, since I was a teacher here it was a given that Sunset Shimmer was going to suck up to me.

"Hello there sir. How would you like to sit at my table over there? It seems that nothing much is going on over here." She pointed over at her table, which has two empty seats.

"No thank you, Miss Shimmer. I am content with sitting in silence."

She just pouted and moved back over to her table, pulling a kid (that I assumed occupied the seat before she kicked her out of it) back over to her table. I just turned back around and finished off my food. I really hated the school food, but I couldn't just create food and bring it into the lunchroom. I would need to buy some food to make it look natural. I felt a tugging on my sleeve, and I turned to see Fluttershy doing the pulling.

"T-thank y-you for not l-leaving me h-here alone," she thanked me in her quiet voice.

"No problem Miss Shy. Just between you and me, I don't like it when students suck up to me. It annoys me greatly." She laughed quietly at this and we conversed for the rest of the lunch break. When the bell rang, I thanked her for the conversation and I made my way back to the classroom. When I made it inside, all the students were already there and working on their music. I decided to tell them about the project at that time.

"Okay guys, I have a project for you. You each will create a piece of music and your peers will give you a grade based on what they thought of your work. There will be a reward, given by me, for the best musical piece. It will be a golden record, engraved with whomevers name that wins it. I hope that this will be a friendly competition and that you won't downplay another's music just so you will win. I will give the students that do that a failing grade, no matter what the other students thought about your music.

You may work in groups if you wish. I hope that everybody in your group will pull their own weight. You may ask for my help if you need someone to play an instrument, but you need to write the music for me to play. This will be applicable if you need me because you couldn't get that last person you needed. Let's start this now 'cause you only have a week to get this thing done. Have fun and work hard."

The students who wanted to group with others quickly ran to those they wanted to work with. Nobody needed me so I just watched as they worked on their music. They knew that they would be judged by their fellow students as well as me, so they made music that would appeal to their audience. I planned for next week, being able to let the entire student body listen to the music these kids made.

The bell rang and the students picked up their stuff and left. Flash asked if he could keep his guitar in my room until after school and I assured him it would be perfectly fine if he did. He left and I locked the door after I exited the room. I didn't have a class fourth block, so I figured I would go to the counselor about changing Vinyl's schedule now rather than later.

I made my way to the counselor's office, which was right next to the principal's office. The councilor, Paper Pusher, was sitting at her desk. She looked up as I came in and she gave me a smile. "How may I help you, Mr. Ordeus?"

"I'd like to transfer a student from my first block to my third block." I sat down and looked around the small room.

"Let me guess, it's Vinyl Scratch you'd like to transfer?" She was looking through her papers, picking out a blue sheet from the mound she had on one side.

"Yes, what steps do I have to take to get her into my third block and reschedule her math class?"

"You're lucky; we almost have her schedule worked out. We should be able to finalize it today and she'll change classes Thursday. Is there anything else you needed?"

I was honestly surprised. I didn't have to do anything and it was almost done already. "Uh, no, that was all I needed. Thank you for telling me this." I got up out of the chair and walked out of the room and closed the door. I could use the extra time I had to put together the track that Twilight would need next week. I unlocked the door, turned on the light, and got to work on the computer.

I had finished and put the track on an MP3 player before school was let out. Flash came and got his guitar and I grabbed a small amp from the equipment room, I was going to use it to get some money for coffee. On my way off the school property, I saw Fluttershy standing at the statue. She was trying to pass out flyers for the local animal shelter, but no one was interested.

"Hey Fluttershy, I thought that you did this on Wednesday."

She hid behind her hair. "I thought that I would try to start after school on Tuesdays because the other students usually pass by this spot more often after school. And how did you know I usually hand these out on Wednesday's?"

"You could call it a hunch. But I'll take one and see what I can do." I pulled out a sheet from the stack and I wished her a good day as I walked towards my destination. When I was about a block away, I ducked into an alley and pulled out a custom guitar from hammerspace. It was a double neck guitar that had bass for its second neck. There were blue and white flames painted on the body and black thorns going up both necks. There were many buttons on it, for the parts of the songs I played so none of the music was left out. The case was black with a dark blue stripe wrapping around.

I walked out of the alley with both my guitar and the borrowed amp as I continued towards my destination, Sugarcube Corner. I entered and walked up to the counter and asked if I could use a power outlet next to the door. Mr. Cake told me it was ok and I plugged in the amp and sat outside, close to the door. I took the guitar out of its case, plugged it into the amp, and played a few chords to make sure it was in tune for the song I was going to play. I set the case down in front of me and played a song I learned when I could play the guitar at more than a beginner's level. (Look up Canon Rock, almost any version will do as long as it is on guitar.)

As I played, a few people gathered around me to listen to me play. When I finished, a few dropped some money into the case and went into Sugarcube Corner. I was inadvertently advertising for the store. I chatted with a few people that recognized me from my class.

"Hey Mr. Ordeus, what are you doing here?"

"Hey, don't call me Mr., it makes me feel old! Just call me Ordeus, Mister Root. The reason why I am here is because I want to share my music with the people passing by, and to be honest, I'm kinda low on money right now. I also seem to be benefitting business for Sugarcube Corner, bringing in customers with my music."

"Good luck to you then, dude. I'm going in to get a shake, you want something?"

"Nah, I'll get something when I'm done out here. I still have a few songs that I wanna play before I call it a day."

With that, the students went in the store and I sat there thinking about what I wanted to play next. I saw Rainbow Dash walking towards the store and I knew what song to play. I re-tuned my guitar and started the song by pressing the button and then I began to play as well. I could actually sing pretty well, despite what I looked like. (Loyalty by AcoustiMandoBrony)

Many more people stood in front of me to listen to what I played. Rainbow just stood there with a look on her face, like she realized that this music was linked to her in some way. She put some money in my case and kept on walking, feeling that she would really like to hear that song again. The same thing happened with Rarity and Fluttershy. I saw them and played the music that was linked with them. (Generosity and Kindness, both by AcoustiMandoBrony) It frustrated me that none of them were around as another one of the group came by. I could probably strengthen their friendship before Twilight got here if they stayed in the same place for a period of time with one another.

I played a few other songs that I really wanted to play and I took the money out of my case and placed my guitar in it. "I'm sorry people, but I have to take a break for today. I'll be back here tomorrow though." They groaned and walked off, some of them going inside to buy something. I walked in and unplugged the amp, and then I went up to the counter and asked if I could get a coffee.

"Sure thing, and since you brought in so many customers, you get one on the house." Mr. Cake handed me a cup of freshly brewed coffee, black. Just the way I liked it.

"Here's some money then, I'm paying forward for some people that come after me. Thanks for the coffee." With that, I turned around and bumped into someone. I almost spilled my coffee when I bumped into the person, and I looked down to see who it was. Turns out, Pinkie still worked here in this dimension.

"Hey Ordeus! I heard the music you played, and it was super-duper-riffic! Can you write a song for me to?"

"Sure, I'll get to work on it. Have a good day pinkie." I walked around her and exited the shop. It was turning dark, so I figured I would go back to the school and sleep in the locker room again. If I slept in late again, I could probably use the same trick I used before. I could also fix up the lockers in the room; some were rusting and falling apart. I also still had to put the amp back in the storage room.

I made my way back to the school, but I stopped when I saw Sunset Shimmer standing next to the portal. She looked around and placed her hand on the surface. Her hand went slightly in, but she could not go any further than her wrist. She gave an annoyed grunt and walked off. I came out of my hiding spot and moved towards the open window. I slipped in just as the janitor had left. I walked over to Pinkies locker and lay up against it, letting sleep overtake me again.

The next week went by quickly; the only slow days were during the weekend. The project in third block was a success. Every student in the school had gathered in the gym to listen to the music that had been created by their fellow students. Gryphon had won the reward as well as the highest grade, but everyone else had made good grades as well. No one had made below a ninety five. Flash and his group had been offered a place in the cafeteria to play their music during their lunch period. They took the offer and I supplied them with some equipment that they needed.

All too soon, it was Wednesday.

About three-fourths of the way through second block, I heard a muffled scream outside. I could only assume that it was Twilight, I could identify her scream even through the thick glass of the window. The class was quietly talking, but it seemed that I was the only person that had heard the scream. I walked over to the window and saw Twilight, on all fours with Spike on her back, move past the window I was looking out of.

She stood up when she saw how she was supposed to walk when another student passed by, and then she wobbled up to the stairs. She waved her head, and smacked right into the front door. And that door was supposed to push inwards! How had she not opened it by running into it? Spike opened the door for her and they walked in.

I excused myself from the classroom and went to the nearest restroom. I made somewhat of a copy of myself, one that would disappear when I willed it to. I sent it back to the classroom with instructions to carry on as if it was really me. It left, and I waited.

I waited the few minutes for the bell to ring, and I slipped into the throng of students. I made my way down the hallway towards the main entrance. I saw Bra… gah dang, Flash help Twilight up and I decided to start following her. When she started to sing A Strange New World, I could faintly hear the music playing in the background. It seemed as if I somewhat broke the fourth wall, because I could hear the music that wasn't really playing in the school.

After Twilight had confronted Sunset, and then ran off to Celestia's office, I grabbed Fluttershy as she rushed by my hiding spot.

"What are you doing this late out of class, Fluttershy? Is there something I should know about?" I gave her a glare, but she could tell I didn't really mean it.

"Um… uh… no, there's nothing wrong or anything." She tried to slip past me, but I blocked her escape route again.

"Fluttershy, if you're getting picked on, go tell a teacher." I whispered in her ear, "And I don't mind that you brought Snowflake, Angel, and Tweets here, but make sure they don't get out of your backpack again. Here's a note so that you aren't marked late or tardy by your next teacher." I handed her the note and let her go to her next class.

I came up to Celestia's office right as Twilight exited. I got there late because I wasn't really in any hurry. I figured it would be somewhat disastrous if someone saw me, so I turned myself invisible. A teacher that's in his classroom but is also in the hall is kind of strange. When Twilight got somewhat ushered into the lunchroom by the other students, I followed and stood in a corner so that nobody would bump into me. There was a close call with Derpy, but she missed me by a few inches.

When she went to the gym, I slid in behind her before the door closed. I decided to get a better vantage point, so I made it so that if I put my foot on the wall, the wall would act as my source of gravity. I could effectively walk on walls and ceilings with no difficulty.

I sat on one of the beams, watching the scene below. Pinkie inflated a balloon, with helium straight from her lungs. She made no sense in whatever world she was in. The balloon almost smacked into my face, but I pushed it out of the way.

"Whoa! Did you see that? That balloon moved on its own! Maybe there's a ghost!" Pinkie pulled something out of her hair that looked somewhat like divining rods.

"Pinkie, ya' do know there aint no such things as ghosts." Applejack stared at pinkie, scratching her head under her hat.

"Maybe… but I have a feeling, and it's a hunchy feeling." She put the rods back in her hair and went on with what she was doing.

Crap. I almost blew my cover. Note to self: When invisible, refrain from moving visible objects. Thankfully, Applejack had pulled Pinkies attention away from me. Twilight rushed out of the gym after she had spoken to Applejack. I dropped down from my vantage point and disturbed some confetti and streamers on the floor. I could feel Pinkie's eyes following the path I made through the mess as I followed Twilight. I followed six inches after her, but there were still streamers and confetti pieces that made their way onto my path.

Sunset confronted Twilight in the hall and all that happened, yada yada yada. When the school closed, I quickly made my way to the second floor of the library. I replaced the books that acted as a headrest with a pillow. I also put a bigger blanket over the books. I placed a note on the pillow that said, "You're being watched over. O"

I climbed up a book shelf and laid there. I figured I would just sleep here tonight so I wouldn't have to worry about finding Twilight in the morning. It also wasn't like I was required to sleep in the locker room, and I'm surprised I even forgot about the library until now. Twilight and Spike walked down the aisle of shelves and Twilight saw her makeshift bed.

"Spike, this is perfect! Where did you get the pillow and the blanket?" She went over to the bed and moved the blanket, lying down on her new bed.

"That's the thing though; I didn't get a pillow or a blanket." Spike looked confused, as much as a dog can look confused.

"Oh look, there's a note. It says 'You're being watched over. O' I wonder who it could be from."

I mentally sighed. Who else knew her and had interacted with her that had an O for the first initial? I decided I had heard enough, so I went to sleep. I would have to follow Twilight tomorrow, and I wanted to get this over with as quickly as possible.

~0~0~

When I woke up, Twilight and Spike were still asleep. I climbed down from my perch and stretched to get the soreness out of my muscles. Sleeping on top of a bookshelf is not good for your back, believe it or not. I heard Twilight and Spike start to get up, so I made my way to the room Rarity was going to pull the duo into.

The door was locked, so I unlocked it and walked in. I also made sure nobody saw what was happening. A few seconds after I had entered, Rarity made her appearance. I went to the other side of the room and unlocked the other door so the others could get in when the time came. Rarity spotted Twilight and quickly pulled her into the room.

After she had eyed her measurements, she pulled the green dress over her. I never figured out how Twilight's backpack was on the outside of the dress when it should have been covered by the dress. The others walked in and the dialogue flowed normally from there.

I followed Twilight around the school, waiting for the day to end. Everything she did was extremely boring. She just looked around the school some more and she read books in the library. And she didn't pick up the books after she finished them! When she and Spike weren't looking I picked up a few books from the stack she had made of finished books and re-shelved them in their original places. I also re-shelved the books Spike had used to make the bed and replaced it with an actual mattress. Spike was right about nobody coming up here, so I didn't have to worry about anybody finding the bed.

The final bell rang, and Twilight made her way to the soccer field to meet up with her friends. After I cleaned up the rest of the books she had left lying around, I made my way to the soccer field. I made it there as soon as Rainbow had kicked the ball for the first goal. I stayed awhile to watch as Twilight got her tail handed to her. After some time, I realized that my copy would be playing at Sugarcube Corner where the girls would later go to.

I blinked over there, another form of teleportation, right into an alley next to the shop. Luckily, my copy had just finished a song, so I willed him to disappear as I took his place seamlessly. "Sorry guys, that's all for today. I won't be here tomorrow, I got stuff to do." I hurriedly packed my things and unplugged the amp. I declined the offered coffee, paid forward for a few customers, and rushed out of the shop.

I made the amp 'appear' in the equipment room, and I shoved the guitar and its case into hammerspace. I would probably find it again in my house somewhere. I heard Pinkie say she would pay for Twilight's shake. I quickly turned myself invisible, and slipped out of the alley. I almost bumped into Pinkie, who was in the rear of the group.

"Hmm… Mr. Ghost, are you following Twilight?" She spoke in a quiet voice with her hand covering her mouth, towards where I was following them.

I couldn't resist the urge to mess with her, so I said in a gravelly voice, "No, I simply feel the urge to get a coffee."

She squealed and ran to catch up with the group, which was entering the shop. "Guy! The ghost said it wants some coffee!"

"Pinkie, as Ah said before, there aint such things as ghosts." Applejack rolled her eyes and entered the shop. Pinkie followed after her, but she held the door open for a few seconds. I assumed that she did it for me, so I went in and she closed the door.

"Thank you." I said in the gravelly voice.

"You're welcome Mr. Ghost." She skipped up to the counter and said that she would pay for Twilight and that she wanted some coffee.

"You don't have to pay, someone paid for a few people before he left." Mr. Cake said as he made the coffee. "What do you want in your coffee, Pinkie?"

"How do you want your coffee, Mr. Ghost?" She probably looked ridiculous; it seemed to everybody that she was just talking to the air next to her.

"Black, no sugar or cream please."

She picked up the coffee and went to a table where the others were waiting. I took a seat before anyone else sat down so I wouldn't touch anybody. I took sips of the coffee when the others weren't looking. When Twilight sat down, she put her backpack down next to where I was sitting. I took the MP3 and stuck a note to it, "This item will help later on. You will see. Also, how does Twilight not realize who I am? O" I tossed the player in the bag and heard a muffled 'ow'.

By the time Rarity had screamed that she got it, I had finished the coffee. I wrote a thank you note for Pinkie and stuck it to the cup. When I left, I heard a loud gasp from Pinkie. She shoved the cup with the note on it in Applejack's face and told her ghosts were real.

I went back to the school, and made my way to the library. I made my way to the second floor and climbed up the bookshelf I had slept on the day before. I decided to just go to sleep right then so I wouldn't have to wait for Twilight.

~0~0~

I woke up and glanced down at the bed. Twilight was still asleep, and Spike was curled up at the foot of the bed. I couldn't tell if he was asleep or not. I quietly made my way down, but I stopped when I heard Spike growl.

"I know you're there. Just come out now and there won't be any trouble." He was talking quietly, so as not to wake Twilight.

I softly chuckled. "You know Spike; dogs in this world can't talk." I turned around and became visible. "Do you know who I am?"

"No I don't know you, but I can guess you're this O person."

"Come on Spike, you know me. It's me, Ordeus." I spread my arms wide. "I would appreciate if this did not get to Twilight. I wouldn't want the surprise to be spoiled."

He growled at me again. "You threw me into the portal! I was still going to follow Twilight, but I didn't want to be thrown!"

"Complain to the other me when you get back. I've been here for more than a week. I, my current self, still haven't thrown you. I'll let Pinkie borrow some speakers second block for that MP3 player. See ya later; I have to get ready for today.

I left the library and a very confused Spike. First block seemed to go by quickly, as did second block. I called Pinkie to my desk and gave her the speakers along with a wink. She just gave me a wink and sat back down with the speakers. Third block rolled around, and we went to lunch.

It seemed that the song was better than it originally was. I watched as the kids became really involved. I also looked at the door and saw Sunset looking through the glass, as well as Snips and Snails doing their goofy dance.

After lunch, right before the bell rang for the students to go to fourth block; I pulled Flash to the side. "Okay Flash, to clear her of accusations, go to the place where literary works are stored and search the waste." I gave him a hint without directly telling him what to do.

"Okay, if you say so."

The bell rang and he exited the classroom. Since I didn't have the next block, I decided to just go to Luna's office. I locked my door behind me and made my way there slowly. When I got there, I knocked and just walked in without waiting for an answer. Luna and Twilight just looked at me.

"Carry on, Luna; I'm just here to observe how punishments are carried out in this school." I pulled up a chair and sat in the corner.

Just after I sat down, Flash walked in and showed Luna the photos. Luna let Twilight off the hook, and Twilight ran to hug Flash. He saw me and gave me a smile and a thumb up. I just nodded and smiled back. I made my way to the clothes store where the girls were already waiting for Twilight.

I turned invisible about two blocks away and entered as Twilight did. I walked onto the ceiling, sat down, and started to sing softly while I waited for Twilight to exit the changing booth. I even made sure Pinkie didn't hear me. Twilight exited the booth and told the others about herself, well Pinkie did, and Spike boasted about being a ferocious, fire-breathing dragon. I dropped down behind them and said, "If you still don't believe her, take my word for it that she is telling the truth."

Twilight and Spike spun around, looking for the source of the voice. Pinkie just jumped up and said, "Mr. Ghost!" I just chuckled and became visible. The girls, sans Twilight and Pinkie, stepped back in shock.

"Pinkie, how many times have I asked students to not call me 'Mr.' because it makes me feel old? Even though I may be over fifty thousand years old, I don't like to be reminded of it."

"Who are you?" Twilight looked as if she was trying to remember if she had seen me somewhere.

"I'm Ordeus, the shaper of Equestria. You know me, as I am the only known male alicorn in Equestria."

"That's impossible; Equestria was shaped over fifty million years ago!"

"Well dang, either my clock broke or I read it incorrectly. All I know is that when I got to Equestria it was basically entirely desert and it was never night. But I can assure you, I was there since the beginning. I even brought life to the planet. You can ask Celestia when you get back, or the other me, because I obviously forgot to tell you."

"So you're telling us," Rarity butted in to our conversation, "that Twilight is a pony princess, Spike is a dragon, and you are a being that created a world?"

"Basically, yes. I didn't really create the planet itself, I just helped it along in the shaping process and brought in the animals and most of the plants. And these said animals evolved and became sentient after time. I simply thought it took less time than it actually did."

Twilight pushed in, "And if we don't get my crown back tonight, Equestria will lose an important tool for its defense. Snips and Snails ruined Pinkie's decorations, but I'm sure we can all re-decorate in time for the dance to happen tonight. And I'm sure we could use your help, Ordeus."

"Sure, I'll help in any way possible. As long as I don't have to sing in the inevitable song."

"But I thought you liked music and singing." Pinkie chimed in.

"Of course I like music, but I'll let you girls do the singing. I'll just stay back and in the shadows basically. As you have seen, I can still use magic. So I'll disguise myself as a student so I can help."

We talked for a short while and then agreed on what each of us was going to do. When we got back to the school, they all commented on the bad conditions of the decorations. We got started, me in the guise of a student. As time went on, more and more students pitched in on helping us clean up and re-decorate. We all finished the decorating and Celestia told everyone that the dance was back on for tonight.

I bade the girls farewell for the moment and went back to my classroom. I switched back into my original form and donned a tuxedo. I didn't really want to wear a tux, but I was forced to because I was a teacher. I waited in my room for the rest of the time while I waited for the dance to start. When the time came around, I made my way to the gym.

To say it was normal for me was an understatement. It was super boring normal for me. I stood against a wall whilst everyone else danced and had fun. Celestia made her way onto the stage and everyone quieted down. What made me ticked off was she wasn't wearing a dress or anything fancy. If I was required to wear something fancy, she should at least do the same. She announced that the Fall Formal princess was Twilight, who went up to the stage to receive her crown.

"Help," Spike yelled, and the entire mane six looked over to the gym doors where Snips and Snails were holding Spike. I was already making my way to the doors on the other side of the room, and I quietly slipped out unnoticed. I figured I would leave now before the whole demon Sunset thing went down.

I went to Celestia's office and left a note on the door saying, "I'll leave the other me here. He'll still teach, but he doesn't need food so you don't have to pay him." I went outside, and ran straight into Spike as he ran to the door. I grabbed the crown and tossed it to Sunset. "Twilight, remember that magic still works in this world. The friendship you have with these girls still produces that strong magic that you know of. I'll see you back in Equestria." I jumped into the portal backwards, saluting to them as I fell through the glass.

I passed through the tunnel with no problem. The problem occurred when I came out the other side of the portal. I fell flat on my back, right at the hooves of Celestia and Luna. Both of them had shocked looks on their faces, ones of disbelief.

"So, how long have I been gone?"