• Published 11th May 2014
  • 793 Views, 4 Comments

Order In Equestria - Bowenross



Tristan was ready for normalcy, he wasn't ready for this.

  • ...
3
 4
 793

Beginnings

“Hey dude, let me see the homework from last night. I couldn’t get it done for the life of me.” My friend Nathan always asked if he could see my homework after a night of partying because he never got it done.

“No way, I already told you that I wouldn’t let you see my homework again no matter how much you begged or pleaded.” I always responded with the same line, knowing exactly what was going to come after I said it.

“Come on, Tristan, if I get a zero on this I’m gonna fail the class… fine if you don’t let me see the homework I’ll forcefully make you watch Cupcakes.” Nathan knew my weakness ever since he saw the video on YouTube; its images would always haunt me.

“God-dangit Nathan, you know how much I can’t even stand the thought of that video. Why would anyone want to watch that? Guh. Fine, I’ll let you see my homework as long as you don’t ever mention that horrible thing again.”

“You know you will fall for the same trick next year man.” Nathan always knew what would get me to give him my homework, even if the method was unorthodox.

I almost forgot, telling a life story usually requires the audience or reader in this case, to know the name of the person and their appearance. My name is Tristan Ordeus, yeah weird last name, and I’m a normal eleventh grader. I stand at five feet seven inches and weigh approximately one-hundred fifteen pounds. In other words, I’m skinny and non-muscular as fuck. I have brown hair that always seems to have curls, or be messy, or has a cowlick, and I have brown eyes.

Nathan was the type of person that was very socially active and physically active, if you know what I mean. He was the captain of the soccer team, so he was well known throughout the school and the town. He was also a major party animal. Any chance of going to a party, and he was on it like Pinkie Pie on a tangent.

I on the other hand am the type of guy always in the background getting things done. I don’t really stick out that much because I don’t do anything all that interesting and I wear clothes that accompany that. I’m not very social, causing me to have very few friends, so few in fact, that I can count them on one hand with only three of my fingers. I’m the normal geek type of person that gets good grades and doesn’t really think that much about it.

Right as soon as I give Nathan my homework to copy the bell rings to signal for the students to get to first block. Nathan thanks me and says that he has to run because he can’t be late to class again or he would have to go to Saturday school. I see a flash out of the corner of my eye, when I turn around there’s nothing there. I shrug it off and walk to my class. Little did I know that the flash was real, and that it was going to become a frequent event that day.

When I got to my English class, I got to my desk and sat down. I put my books under my desk because in my school they don’t allow students to carry around book bags or messenger bags because of “safety reasons”. As I got turned around in my desk to pay attention to the teacher the student in front of me threw a ball of paper at my face. I uncurled the ball and it said one word. Freak. I shot a glare at the student but he didn’t notice because he was talking to another student. While I was looking at him, the flash happened again. It was brighter this time and right in my field of view.

I had only two theories on this flash. One, it was real and something was going to happen. Two, I was going insane and it was signifying my mind ripping apart. I mostly believed the second theory. The class went on as any other class would, long and boring. The bell rang and I got up and walked to my next class. The flashes were becoming more frequent, and it was starting to freak me out. I didn’t want to lose my mind in the middle of class. I figured that I would have to go see a doctor or something after school. It would be my first time walking into a doctor’s office saying I thought I was going crazy *hah*.

When I got to my biology class, things got even weirder. Instead of our teacher standing in front of the classroom, there was a small horse. I blinked and the horse disappeared, replaced by the teacher. I was really starting to lose my mind, I thought.
By the end of the day, I had seen similar images over and over again, each time they lasted longer before disappearing. I walked over to my car and started it up. It was a piece of junk, but it was my piece of junk. I drove to my house, and as soon as I got into the driveway my engine blew.

“Come on! I just got you fixed a week ago. I need you to work!” I yelled. I often talk to my car because it helps me vent. My car may be a piece of junk, but it can take a serious verbal and physical assault. “Oh well, I’ll just have to ask dad if I can drive his car tomorrow.”

I walked into the house, closing and locking my door behind me. I walked into my room, threw down my bag and slumped down into my chair. Then, a flash happened again. Only, it was different this time. It stayed there and grew brighter by the second. I sat there, frozen to the seat. Only one thing went through my mind as I felt myself be pulled from the seat. ‘I’m gonna die.’

“Oh shit!” I yelled as I felt the world around me disappear, replaced by and endless void. This wasn’t your typical black void. No, it was completely white. I could make out a figure in the void and I moved towards it. As I got closer, I could tell it was a person and not a thing. I couldn’t tell gender though, the figure was completely blank faced and had a long white robe on.

“Um, hello” I slowly crept towards the figure, “do you know where I am?”

“This is the place between being and non-being, the place of peace and chaos, where everything is balanced.” The figure waved its hands around the empty space, and then it pointed at me. “I have brought you here to give you a choice. You may carry on with your everyday life, or you may choose another option I am presenting to you. I am giving you an option to help create a new world, and keep the balance in case it is upset. You will be able to do anything you can imagine, so you are only as powerful as your imagination. Which will you choose? Know this; I must give you three days to think this over. My superiors dictated that this waiting period is mandatory, so that the one we ask can make a sound decision.

“What happens if I don’t accept the second option?” I could already guess the answer, but I had to ask the question anyways.

“Your memories of this place will be erased from your mind. It will be like this place and I had never existed.” The figure explained to me. I figured the answer would have been longer, but have the same basic information in it. “You must go now, and think on your answer carefully. When you have your reply cut this bracelet and you will be brought back to this dimension.” The figure handed me a simple blue bracelet and sent me back in a flash of light.

Right before I left, I said “This is definitely interesting.”

Author's Note:

I have the full story already posted on Fanfiction.net if you want to check it out there. It's already finished, under the same username, and has a sequel.