• Published 10th May 2014
  • 1,527 Views, 15 Comments

The Heart Wants What it Wants - jl7895



A series of HumanXPony one-shots that I come up with late at night

  • ...
6
 15
 1,527

The Cellist

Victor took in a deep breath before he got out of his car. He looked at his High School and wondered what everyone else would think. He wasn’t Mr. Popular, but he did have a good number of friends, and almost everyone knew him as one of the friendliest students. He would be lucky if anyone would want to even sit next to him. The past few months have been a complete mistake. But why couldn’t he stop thinking about her?

It started when they turned on that stupid Hadron Collider. Victor couldn’t explain the science behind it if he tried. All he really understood about it was that it created a portal between earth and some place called Equestria, a place filled with magical ponies and other mystical creatures. Leaders of both of the worlds met to talk about how to proceed. Once they realized that neither had hostile intentions, they agreed to unite the two worlds. Humans starting living in this magical place and the creatures of that world, specifically ponies, made a living for themselves on earth. Soon, ponies in human society became the norm.

Victor started to wonder why they just had to turn that thing on. If they didn’t, then he could be normal for once in his life. He always got some unwanted attention because he was raised by gay dads. If she had just been human, everything would have been fine. He might have been even more popular, but she had to be a pony.

Realizing he had to face them sooner or later, Victor grabbed his binder and got out of the car. He made his way to the school. He noticed some people stopping whatever conversation they were having just to look at him. Victor could already hear what they were going to say about him under their breath.

“Look, there’s the horse fucker.”

“There goes the freak.”

“Look what the gays did to him.”

Usually, Victor would just shrug these off, but there was something different about this one. Maybe it was because he cared about her more than anyone else, or it could be that gay thing. No one talks about his dads like that. Maybe it was because he felt a little bit of shame towards the whole thing. He did keep it a secret for about three months.

They first met when Victor’s best friend, Scarlet, threw one of her famous parties. Her parents were rich, so she was able to get all the best things for her parties. Of course Victor was going to be there to keep up appearances, but also for his friend. He usually had to help set up, but he didn’t mind spending time with Scarlet. She was the only one that never made fun of him for having two dads.

Scarlet had apparently made some friends with ponies, as some showed up. Victor thought it was cool that he got the chance to talk with these creatures. He was talking with a cheerleader, hoping to leave with someone’s number, when he first saw her. It was something from a movie, when all other sound fades out and all he could see was her. He had to talk to her and it had to be now.

“Hey,” he said as he approached the mare and her friend. “My name’s Victor.”

“So, you’re the famous Victor?” The friend said. She was a white unicorn with electric blue mane. “It’s finally nice to put a face to the name. Scarlet won’t shut up about you. If I didn’t know any better, I would say she wants you in the sack.”

“Vinyl!” The mare said. She was a grey mare who looked refined. There was a sweetness to her voice, even when she sounded angry. “Behave yourself.”

“Lighten up, Tavi. We’re at a party. We can do whatever we feel like, and I feel like dancing.”

The friend lost interest in them and made her way to the dance floor. There was a somewhat awkward way ponies dance, but they found a way to make it work around us.

“I’m sorry for my friend. She can be a little…rude. My name is Octavia.”

They started to talk get to know each other. Victor learned that she was also a high school student and a cellist. There wasn’t much for he could tell her. Victor didn’t take part in extracurricular activities or did anything special. He barely knew what he wanted to do after college. It didn’t matter what they were talking about, as they were mesmerized by each other’s voice. The night ended with a quick kiss and an exchange of numbers. It wasn’t until he was helping clean up after the party that he realized that he kissed a pony.

He waited three days before he called Octavia. He wasn’t sure if he was following the unwritten rule or if he was hesitant about asking a pony out on a date. He was happy when she picked up the phone and he asked her a date. She gladly accepted.

He didn’t notice it at first, but no one noticed that he was on a date with a pony, or at least no one form his school noticed he was on a date. He wanted to keep it a secret as long as he could, out of fear of what society would think of him. All he really did was try to avoid the topic all together. They were discovered when he took her to a baseball game and they showed them on the kiss-cam. Without thinking, he kissed her in front of everyone.

Everything seemed to be alright, besides the freshmen being freshmen and making bad jokes about him. It was almost as if he actually was dating a human and nothing was wrong. He had made it to lunch and no one really seemed bothered by the fact that he was dating a horse. No one said anything until lunch.

“Wow,” Scarlet said. “What was that?”

“I’ve been seeing Octavia for a while now.”

“How long was a while?”

“Three months.”

“Three mo…three months? So, you two hooked up at my party?”

“We didn’t ‘hook up’. We just barley kissed.”

“Good, because I did not want to hear about horse sex. Speaking of which, how would it work? I mean, if you had children would they be…”

“I don’t know and I don’t want to know. Relationships don’t have to be about sex.”

“Welcome to America.”

The topic didn’t come up during their conversation, but something stuck with Victor, Where was this whole thing with Octavia going. Is he going to marry her? And what would happen if they did want children.

He was distracted for the rest of the day. Time seemed to just fly by and before he knew it, the final bell rang. Victor got to his car as fast as he could in hopes of beating the traffic. He was the first person in the parking lot, but he just waited in his car. He took in a deep breath and checked his phone. He read a text he got from one of his dads the night of the ball game.

Saw the game. Don’t know if this is appropriate, but I’m sure if she were human, she would be the sexiest girl out there. I’m sure she’s the sexiest pony out there too. Love ya.

He was glad that his dads were so supportive of this whole thing. He phone started to ring. Octavia was calling, but the question was why. It didn’t matter. Victor immediately answered the phone.

“Hi, Tavi.”

“Hey. Look Victor, there’s something I need to tell you.”

“Before you say anything, I need to say something. I don’t care what people are going to say. I want to be with you because I like spending time with you. You make me want to be a better person. I’m sorry, you wanted to say something.”

“I just wanted to say, I love you. I know we’ve only been dating for three months and all my friends begged me not to do it, but I love you. I’m sorry, I’m just being stupid. I should have never called you.”

“It’s alright, Octavia. I love you too.”

And that’s why he felt weird, He had never felt this way about anyone before. He was in love and there was nothing that was going to keep him from Octavia.

“So, do you want to see a movie tonight?”

“I would love to.”

“I’ll pick you up tonight. We’ll have dinner right before. I love you, Octavia.”

“I love you too. I’ll see you tonight.”

By the time he hung up the phone, the parking lot was filled with students trying to get home. It was at least a ten, fifteen minute wait to just get out of the parking lot. Victor didn’t care, he was in love and he had a date tonight.

Author's Note:

Just so you know, I came up with this thing at 1AM and wrote it in about 2 hours.

I hope you enjoyed it because I am so tired right now. I couldn't sleep until I got this out.