• Published 14th Aug 2014
  • 11,225 Views, 363 Comments

You Will Never Be Alone - Matt11



One Day When Scootaloo Is At Home Being Foalsat By Princess Twilight Something terrible Happens To Her Mother While She Is On A Date

  • ...
25
 363
 11,225

chapter 10 - Spending the day together.

The night was passing by slowly for Scootaloo, she had a hard time sleeping and she couldn’t understand why. After many minutes of tossing and turning Scootaloo got out of bed.

“Maybe a glass of water would help” Scootaloo thought, opening her door quietly. She walked down the hall carefully trying not to be noisy.

When she got into the kitchen she pulled a cup out with her mouth, putting in the sink, she turned the faucet on with her teeth and waited for the water to fill.

Cadence climbed out of bed as she heard noises in the kitchen. When she got to the kitchen she saw Scootaloo.

“Scootaloo? Why are you awake?” Cadence asked, concerned for her new niece. If Scootaloo was having nightmares she wanted to know.

Surprised, Scootaloo spit a bit of water out. “I’m sorry if I woke you I couldn’t get any sleep,” she said putting the cup down on the table.

Cadence walked over to Scootaloo and gave her a hug “It's ok. I’m pretty used to waking up at night, I used to have to put Twilight back to bed, and you have no idea how long it takes,” she said draping a wing over Scootaloo to keep her warm.

“Um… can I sleep with,” she gulped, “with you tonight, I...I just can’t seem to fall asleep,” she said.

Cadence got curios, “Why me? Why not your mom?”

Scootaloo shrugged, “I don’t know. I just think sleeping next to my aunt would make me feel….safe, not that I don’t feel safe around mom but...you know.”

Cadence smiled in response. “Of course you can sweetheart, and don’t feel embarrassed. Twilight used to sleep with me all the time when she was a filly,” Cadence said using her magic to put Scootaloo on her back while walking back to the guest room.

When Cadence got into the guest room she levitated Scootaloo into the bed, and got in after her. She then snuggled with Scootaloo who was nestled between her and Shining Armour.

Scootaloo smiled, happy get some sleep, and that night Scootaloo got better sleep then she had hoped to. It seemed the small filly just needed a little comfort, like many young fillies.

Scootaloo opened her eyes slowly, Celestia’s bright sun had risen, it was time for everypony to wake up.

Scootaloo rolled over, pulling the sheets over her head, from her cave she heard hoof steps from behind her.

“Scootaloo, sweetheart it's time to get up. We've got a lot to do today, and I really want to get to know you better,” Cadence said as Shining Armour walked in.

“Maybe we should let her sleep? I mean its only seven, it can’t hurt to let her sleep for a little bit, can it?” Shining Armour asked, giving Cadence a small kiss on the cheek.

“If she sleeps in for too long she’ll be wide awake when it's time for bed. Trust me, I used to take care of fillies, I know how they work,” Cadence said walking over to the bed. She knelt down, “Scootsy, time to wake up, sleepy filly,” she said in a soft voice.

The blankets shifted a little but that was all that happened. Cadence was afraid Scootaloo would do this but she only smirked.

“I gave you a chance but I guess I’ll have to bring out the big hooves,” Cadence said stretching her right wing and pulled a feather out, she jumped on the bed and pulling the covers off Scootaloo.

Scootaloo covered her eyes, the light being too bright, “Gosh not the light.” She looked up and saw Cadence with a feather in her mouth, “Wh-What's that f-for?” she asked nervously.

Cadence smiled, “Well, some little filly isn’t isn’t getting up so I need to take extreme measures,” she said lowering her head down and starting to tickle Scootaloo on her little tummy. The laughter of the young filly echoed throughout the house. “Now, are you ready for me to stop?” she asked as Shining Armour joined in.

Scootaloo tried speaking, “Yes pl-please s-stop, I’ll wake up auntie!” Scootaloo said gasped out in between fits of laughter.

Cadence Smiled and got up, dropping her feather. “Lets go see if Twilight’s awake, we should give this little filly some time to recover,” she said as Shining Armour followed behind.

Scootaloo giggled again and laid in bed for another minute before getting up. She went downstairs, to find Twilight, Cadence and Shining Armour in the kitchen, “Morning Mom,” Scootaloo said, as she walked in.

Twilight went over to Scootaloo and nuzzled her, “Morning sweetheart. I heard you had a hard time getting to sleep last night. Did you sleep well with Cadence?” she asked.

“Yeah, I couldn't sleep. I just want to get to know my new Aunt and Uncle, that’s all….Am I weak for wanting somepony to sleep with me?” she asked, afraid this would ruin her reputation. She didn’t want Silver Spoon to bully her for this, she trusted the ponies around her but if word got out...

“No Scootaloo, you’re not weak. You're just a filly, and sometimes little fillies need somepony next to them to help them fall asleep. But you’re also getting to be a big girl too; so how about tonight you try staying in your own bed,” Cadence said kissing Scootaloo on the head, making her smile.

Twilight went to finish making breakfast, today they were having muffins. Derpy had recommended the recipe and Twilight thought today would be a good time to try them.

Twilight finished baking the muffins and checked to make sure they weren’t too hot, and when they cooled she levitated two muffins on a plate for each member of her family.

While the family ate, Shining and Cadence decided to ask Scootaloo a few questions so they could get to know her better. So far all they knew was what Twilight told her in her letters.

“So, Scootaloo, what kinds of things do you like to do? Twilight has told us about riding that scooter of yours, but what others things do you do?” Cadenced asked taking a sip of her water.

Scootaloo blinked a few times but then smiled, “I like to hang out with Spike, have some special Twilight time and… I love going crusading,” she said, but then she remembered her fight with Apple Bloom and frowned.

Cadence giggled, “I also hear you and Rainbow Dash are practically sisters, or did I hear wrong?” she asked.

Scootaloo’s ears perked up after hearing that. Despite the fact that Cadences slight was unintentional, it made her a little mad. Almost everypony in town knew that they were basically sisters and somepony implying otherwise just didn’t feel right to her. “Hey! we are sisters! We’re the best sisters ever!" she said in between taking bites of her muffins and a sip of her milk.

Once they finished Twilight washed the dishes with her magic. “Cadence, I need to do some work here, could you take Scootaloo to Sweet Apple Acres? She needs to apologize to a friend,” she said rubbing Scootaloo’s back.

Shining looked looked down at Scootaloo, “We'd love to Twilly, but don’t you want to spend some time with us?” he asked.

Twilight shook her head, “I would but I have some princess things to do, you understand don’t you BBBFF?” she said with puppy dog eyes.

“Bu...but mom, I wanted to spend time with you too,” Scootaloo said.

“And you will, once you get home. But I have some work to do sweetie,” she said levitating Scootaloo into a hug. Twilight wanted to spend time with Scootaloo but she had a lot of reading, and princess work catch up on.

Before Scootaloo ran over to join her aunt and uncle, she ran over to Twilight and kissed her on the cheek, “Love ya mom, bye,” she said running off.

Twilight blushed slightly, Scootaloo never had kissed her on the cheek before, “Maybe this is a good sign. She never ever kisses anypony on the cheek. I guess she’s becoming more comfortable with me,” she thought returning to her library.

When Cadence Shining and Scootaloo got to Sweet Apple Acres they saw Applejack talking to her sister next to the barn. It looked like Apple Bloom was crying a little. Scootaloo perked her ears, trying to listen.

“Now do you see what you did wrong? Applejack asked. Apple Bloom didn’t say anything but she did nod.

When Applejack finished she let go of Apple Bloom, “Now ah believe you have somepony to apologize to,” she said pointing at Scootaloo, Applejack walked over to Cadence and let the fillies talk.

Applejack bowed to Cadence, “Princess, it’s quite a surprise to see ya here, and you too Shining Armour.”

Cadence merely giggled, “We're just here to take Scootaloo to apologize,” she said.

As the adult ponies talked, Scootaloo walked over to Apple Bloom.

“Apple Bloom I...I’m sorry about before, I shouldn’t of made fun of your heritage,” Scootaloo said giving her friend a small hug.

Apple Bloom parted from the hug, “Ah’m sorry too, I shouldn’t of told you….well ya know,” Apple Bloom said wiping a tear away with her hoof.

Apologies exchanged the two fillies returned to the adults, feeling better. Scootaloo had to say her goodbyes to Apple Bloom but she had learned one thing; even when they were mad at each other friends should be careful about what they say.

As the three were walking away from Sweet Apple Acres Scootaloo bit her lip. “Um Auntie Cadence where are we going?” she asked politely.

“I have a perfect day planned for us. We’re going to the Wonderbolts show tonight but for now we are going to the skateboard park, to see what you can do on that scooter of yours,” Cadence replied.

Scootaloo smiled, but her smile quickly transformed into a frown. “But I left it at home,” she said disappointedly.

“You can rent one at the park” Shining reminded her, causing Scootaloo to smile again.

When they got to the skate park, Scootaloo picked a purple scooter to ride for the day.

“Well, go on little filly, have some fun, we'll be here watching you” Shining Armour said.

Scootaloo grabbed her scooter and zoomed off, doing a few tricks on the huge ramps. She even did a few extreme tricks, like a three sixty spin; when she finished, a streak of fire trailed behind her. Both Shining Armour and Cadence clapped, cheering for Scootaloo.

Scootaloo was about to scoot off for another run, but she noticed Rumble was here with his brother Thunderlane. “Hey Aunt Cadence, I’m going to drop by a friend,” she called over her shoulder and scooted off towards Rumble. His brother was some safety putting gear on him, so he wouldn’t get hurt.

“Hi Rumble, whatcha doing here?” she asked. Skating didn’t seem like Rumble’s thing.

Rumble smiled. “Hi Scootaloo, my brother just wants me to learn some new things. That and my parents think I’m getting lazy,” he said, getting up as his brother finished putting his pads on.

Thunderlane smiled at Scootaloo, “Hi there, little filly” he said. Then turned to his little brother, “Hey Rumble, is this your filly friend?” he asked chuckling.

Both Scootaloo and Rumble blushed.

“We are not filly friends just friends,” Rumble said covering his face out of embarrassment.

“Hey Rumble, wanna have a race?” Scootaloo asked, curious to see how fast Rumble was on his scooter. Of course she was willing to bet he wouldn’t be as fast as her.

Rumble looked at her and grinned, “Sure why not.” He jumped on his scooter and the two scooted outside, toward the huge racing course.


Scootaloo got on her scooter waiting for the perfect time to start. “GO” she yelled, starting the race. She quickly sped into the lead as Rumble fell behind, having less experience jumping over trees and other obstacles. However, Rumble soon caught up thanks to his stronger wings. “How many laps are we doing?” he asked, pulling up next to Scootaloo on a straight-away.

“How bout just two?”

The two of them passed the finish line for lap one, Scootaloo eager to win. Rumble also wanted to win but not as much as Scootaloo did.

It was now the final lap and both ponies were neck and neck. Scootaloo saw how badly Rumble wanted to win and a few meters away from the finish line Scootaloo let go of the handle bars and tumbled to the ground.

Rumble noticed this and just thought she simply fell so he continued passing the finish line for the victory. Cadence, Shining and Thunderlane all cheered, but Cadence was more curious as to why Scootaloo let Rumble win.

Now that the race was done, Rumble walked over to Scootaloo and helped her up. “Are you ok?” he asked.

“Yeah, I guess I must of tripped,” she lied.

Rumble found this hard to believe, Scootaloo was an expert on her scooter, but this was a race so maybe it was different. Rumble shrugged, “Hm ok, well I need to go now, uh see ya later,” he said running towards his brother.

Cadence and Shining walked over to Scootaloo and nuzzled her.

Cadence knew love when she saw it and judging by what just happened she could tell love had something to do with what just happend. “Do you have a crush on him?” she asked, point blank.

Scootaloo knew she couldn’t lie to Cadence, not about this anyway. “Ok, I might like, like him, maybe,” she said blushing.

Cadence looked at Scootaloo, “Well, if you ever need advice on anything involving love, you know who to ask,” she said winking.

The three ponies then made their way over to to Ponyville Stadium for the Wonderbolts show. It was a good thing they were having the performance in ponyville otherwise Shining wouldn't have been able to make it without help from Twilight.

As they went inside Cadence gave her tickets to the usher and then gave Shining a few bits for snacks. Shining went off to buy some popcorn and she turned to Scootaloo and gave her ten bits. “Ok Scootaloo what do you say we get you a souvenir,” Cadence said taking her into the store area. There were many toys, plushies, clothes, and a few Wonderbolt figurine collections.

Scootaloo looked around and one things caught her eye, it was a Twilight Sparkle plushie; but it was no ordinary plushie, it was a limited edition model and it came with Rainbow Dash. Unfortunately it cost fifteen bits.

Tears swelled up in her eyes, “I really want that Auntie Cadence, But I don’t have enough,” she said beginning to walk out the store”

Cadence thought for a moment. “Scootaloo wait, I’ll pay the for the rest, if it makes you happy. But next time you're going to have to save your money. You can’t always get everything you want,” she said being squeezed into a loving hug.

“Thankyou,Thankyou” she exclaimed, hugging her aunt tightly. Soon she let go and they went to the cashier to pay. Cadence put the plushies in her saddle bag for safekeeping and they went to find Shining Armor and their seats.

They found their seats and the show started. The Wonderbolts performed many tricks, including a three hundred and sixty degree loop, and a straight dead drop dive.

The audience cheered when the show was finished. Sometime during the show Scootaloo had fallen asleep, resting her head on Cadence, snuggling deeply into her fur.

Shining Armor kissed Scootaloo on the head, “She’s so sleepy. Let’s get her home,” he said as they walked back to the castle. When they arrived Twilight was outside looking at the stars through her telescope.

“We had a great day Twilight, and so did your sweet little angel but she’s very sleepy,” Cadence said as Scootaloo sucked on her hoof making the ponies aw at her.

Twilight carried Scootaloo to her bed while Cadence and Shining talked.

A letter appeared out nowhere in front of Cadence, it was from Celestia.

“Dear Princess Cadence, I would appreciate it if you could come to Canterlot tomorrow. We need to get Scootaloo’s tenth birthday party set up and you are somepony I can trust to make this special.”

Signed Princess Celestia.

Cadence smiled “Well it looks like we’re needed in Canterlot, to prepare Scootaloo’s party, tomorrow. We’d better make sure we invite all of her friends, including that Rumble,” she said to Shining as they walked inside to get some well deserved sleep of their own.

Twilight tucked Scootaloo in bed and decided to give her her new plushies. She had seen these a while ago and thought it was nice of Cadence to buy them. She put the Twilight and Dash plushie next to Scootaloo then gave her a kiss on the head.“Goodnight. my sweet angel,” Twilight said turning the lights out and leaving the room.

Soon, the only thing that could be heard was Scootaloo’s quiet snoring.

Author's Note:

OK I hope you enjoyed, just one more chapter left, but worry not, I have a sequel in planning.