• Published 7th May 2014
  • 1,478 Views, 136 Comments

Horn And Wings - Nameless Narrator



A patient is admitted to Ponyville Mental Asylum with nothing known about him and the only clue is a batpony who arrived shortly after. They don't seem suspicious or dangerous but the small town of Ponyville has bad experience with newcomers.

  • ...
1
 136
 1,478

Back To Normal: ... But She's Mine

[Blazing's Entry]

So, what now?

That's the right question because with everything on the table I actually have a choice. I think Choking is slowly grasping the idea of me being a completely different pony from the one she knew which means I have a certain degree of freedom concerning her. She's calmed down since the magic incident and acts more like a friend than some overly clingy marefriend. That means if I choose to leave her I might not be torn to bits by my own horn. It could be a start of a completely new life.

On the other hoof, said life would begin with no resources or anything. That in itself is enough of a problem but the possibility of her going crazy and tying me up in the storeroom is a bigger one. I can't really count out the threat of me just blowing up randomly because of my magic being pissed off at me. The thing is that I have no freedom like this and it feels disgusting. If I do what is being asked of me I'll be okay but just the lack of choice, even if the first option doesn't involve anything really unpleasant, is just suffocating me.

I could talk to her about that, see how she reacts and how I react.

The other option is staying with her. In past days I made the house presentable, with a little help from Doomie, while Choking was at work and nothing ominous happened while I was walking through Ponyville to buy tools and supplies. As a result we now have a real living room, albeit a little shabby, a bedroom, a marginally useful kitchen (sorry, I mean summoning portal to Tartarus) and a storeroom that actually isn't full of old containers and partially broken furniture.

This place is becoming a home. Is it worth risking all that just for a bit of freedom?

The answer is yes. I can't base a relationship on a lie, at least from my side.

[End Entry]

Everypony knows this feeling, the 'we need to talk' atmosphere hanging around the living room. I didn't want Choking to feel too uncomfortable so I made the effort of preparing some more exotic fruit salad and burning through my 'allowance'. After all, I don't want to hurt her, I just want to know at least something about our situation.

The house is clean, the food is ready, the radio is humming some slightly annoying tune and I'm nervously drumming my hooves on the floor. I also got the fireplace here working although it involved using chimney sweeping tools and me almost falling down from a frozen roof. Apparently I suffer from extreme vertigo and fear of heights, you learn something new every day. I mean I know the entire building does have a heating system which I'm definitely not able to fix and I know that the only room where it's working IS the living room but the cracking of burning wood and sparks flying around just feel friendlier.

Too bad the pony I'm waiting for is running late.

For a while I ponder her sleeping with Bright again tonight, a thing I am surprisingly okay with inside, but then the clicking of keys and stomping of hooves in the hallway to get rid of snow chases the idea away.

"Heya!" a black head peeks into the living room, "Wooow!"

"Hungry?" I levitate a big bowl of assorted apples, mangos, bananas and other exotic treats up.

The bulging eyes and an audible gulp of the black batpony make my bite my lip to stop the incoming grin.

"Wait, where did ya? I mean let me put my cloak off, I mean I'm hungry, I mean..."

"It was a bit expensive considering it's winter but whatever, it was the money you gave me for my personal use so it's no big deal."

She shakes off her clothes and jumps on the mattress serving as a coach. There were tables in the storeroom, there were chairs and chests but no damn coach so I improvised and pulled a heavy wardrobe in the middle of the room, put a mattress in front of it and propped one more against it to serve as something to lean on. It looks crummy as heck but it does the job.

"If ya keep spending your money like this I'm gonna give ya the rest of them."

"Huh?"

"Uhhhhhhm. Ya sure ya wanna know?"

"Yes, I do. I sort of wanted to talk to you about something and all this is just so you don't run away," I grin angelically.

"The dinner, the setting... You're breaking up with me," she gasps, overacting.

"Well, about that..."

"Err wait. You're not kidding," she freezes.

"How would you feel if I wanted to leave you? You know, to find myself and whatnot."

She picks up a banana and begins it licking and taking it down her mouth before pulling it back up.

"Are you sure about it?"

She sucks at the banana so hard part of it rips off and goes down her throat.

"No. To be honest, I'm not. I like being here, I just don't like you acting as if we have a past together, it creeps me out a bit. I pondered leaving and trying to explore the world on my own just to find out things for myself and not just get images from memories that aren't mine but I don't want to leave you here alone. Don't take it the wrong way, I don't love you. You are a liar, you are obsessed with what I'm supposed to be, you act crazy from time to time and you sleep with other ponies. The thing is that even with all that I really like you and I want to get to love you."

Now, if she whips out a rope and tries to bind me with it, the plan is to run.

...

Still no reaction outside of her scrunching her nose and watching me carefully. After a while she sighs deeply and giggles.

"You said before I was clinging to a memory that didn't exist anymore and you were right. You said I wasn't in love with you and you were right. Did you think at that point about how you, a pony with no memory of anything, could know me that well? Hardly, because you were scared to your hooves and I could easily see it. Before we managed to wake you up at the asylum I found a message from my Blaze that he would try to preserve something of himself in whoever wakes up if I decide to try and he did. He lived for me, he was obsessed with me. I know it sounds wrong but he was the type who couldn't live for himself no matter what and I wasn't able to fully appreciate that until he was gone. Well, he preserved something."

She leaves the room, leaving me to question what's going on, but returns shortly after with a small book, my journal. Then she pulls out a similar book from her saddlebag. It looks much more battered and damaged but it is the same kind of notebook.

"I read yours, I'm like that - a cheating liar, you would say. No, I'm not sorry. Yes, I would have done it again. You are somepony else but you are built on aspects that made me love Blaze. You don't have his past and I won't let you read his diary because you aren't him. He preserved in you his kindness, the ability to read others easily and his reluctance to hurt anypony else then himself at all cost. He also gave you something more important. No, I'm not going to say me. I've known him for years and he began as a nervous wreck scared of everypony around him who just wanted to be alone and drink himself to death. The thing was that he worked his way up with nothing to hope for other than my occasional company as a reward. Over the years he grew up and gave you the best of what he had. He was an idiot in that respect. He wanted to be the best he could for me but without his bad points it's me who feels really bad right now. Your reactions just made me sure of it. It's not a question of whether I love you but a question of whether you can love me. I used to consider myself an exotic and sexy piece of flank but my wings are gone, I'm slowly gaining weight because my job involves standing still, sitting or walking slowly otherwise the patients I'm wheeling would throw up and I've seen things that don't really let me smile all the time like I used to. I'm not a good catch."

She's taking it better than I expected. Perhaps I was wrong about her.

Risk it or not...

I crawl closer to the pony sitting on the other end of the mattress, reach around her and dig my hooves into her flank.

"If you're worried about your looks then you don't have to be at all," I dig a bit deeper and elicit a little gasp from her, "You're a bit softer on the outside which just makes you much more cuddleable but deeper there are muscles made of steel that won't allow you to break."

"Idiot," she bites my ear and I recieve an urgent message from my lower regions that we're ready to go to war, "I know every spot of your body too."

"Erm, I meant it. I don't really remember what you like... I just meant what I said. As for your wings," I rub the stubs lightly but push harder when I get to the point where the bone should continue if it wasn't missing, "In the right mood, wounds like these can be very sensitive."

She moans louder at the massage but pushes me away.

"Fine, fine. Stop making me blush, dummy."

Pushing her muzzle down and mine to her forehead, I make her close her eyes.

"I'm not done yet," I whisper, "If you can't smile all the time then it's just up to me to make you."

Yes, she might be weird, crippled, cheaty and everything else in the world but right now I'm sure of one thing.

She's mine.

"Liar," she mumbles.

"Wuh-wat?"

"You're making me cry, you're not supposed to."

"You're not crying," I smile and look her in her tearing up eyes, "You're laughing liquid joy."

That does it. She bursts out laughing at the sheer stupidity and wipes her eyes.

"I give up. You know what? Ask me anything and if I don't think it will put you in danger I will answer."

"Okay. What's with the house?"

"Heh, funny story. I've never been too keen on saving up so I forged your signature and bought this place with your money to take care of ya when Bright released ya from the asylum."

Noooot sure how to feel about this one.

"Do you have any idea why did Heavy Hoof make me feel really bad when he was actually pretty friendly?"

"I don't want to tell ya this one but ask him, he's your friend and ya can trust him with anything."

"Why are we hiding?"

"Again, ask Heavy. If ya do it will make sense. We're hiding from princess Luna. Correction - ya are hiding from her, I'm hiding from the guards who would probably execute me for taking care of ya.

Errrrm, that might take some time to sink in.

"Oh, one more thing. Why does you hearing your name make you sick?"

"Craaaaap. Only Sharpie knew this so don't go telling anypony and I mean ANYPONY. My mom used to be heavily into bondage and stuff and one day she got so horny she forgot to be careful and made my dad tie a rope around her neck for some breath play. Nine months later she had the dumb idea of naming me after the last thing she remembered from the night. As ya know, I swing a bit on the wilder side but hey, like mother like daughter."

...

"Yea , yea, laugh away."

"I'm-"

*Snort*

"sorry-"

*Cough*

"if I do-"

*Facehoof*

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

"Are ya quite done?" asks Choking when I stop laughing and groaning, fake annoyance ringing in the voice.

"Got one more question."

"Nothing about the name or I'll slap ya."

"Fiiiiiine," I pout, trying to stop grinning at her indignant expression, "Will you spend the rest of my life with me?"

Her mouth keeps opening and shutting with nothing coming out for few seconds.

"I'm not sure. You've got no job, you're getting tubby and ya need a shave. Work on it and we'll talk again in few months. Or-"

She grins devilishly.

"-we can start working out and burning fat right here-"

She jumps at me and straddles my waist.

"-and now."

She yawns loudly. I look at her questioningly, she pokes her belly and rubs her nethers straddling me on mine. In the end she smiles as if recieving an answer to an unspoken question.

"You know? It would be a shame not to finish the salad. Why don't we leave this for desert."

With the hunger of somepony finishing hauling a trainload of coal she begins chomping on the delicacies in the bowl in front of us and I join in. It feels as if all the dirt and poison from her wounds finally got cleansed and the healing can begin.

I let her lie down to my lap with another yawn, slide behind her and wrap my legs around the black body being now warmed up by the fireplace from the front and my from the back. I can't help myself and rub my hooves over her.

She's really soft in the right places.

Author's Note:

End of chapter three.