• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,340 Views, 43 Comments

Operation Daybreak - ValdimarGreen



To Octavia, espionage and sabotage are as easy as breathing. Assassination however is a pony of a different color, especially when the target is the newest alicorn princess, Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
13
 43
 1,340

Chapter 2: Motivation

Chapter 2: Motivation


Prince Blueblood stepped off the train and on to the crowded platform. Mostly earth-ponies Blueblood noted with disdain. Octavia he could tolerate, since both her parents were unicorns of both prestigious heritage and excellent reputation...as long as he didn't have to touch her. As he was thinking this, one of the more dirty ones brushed up against him as it tried to pass. Blueblood shivered, he would have to have the jacket burnt later. "Shack, hurry up with the bags will you, the smell here is awful" he called out to his butler who was forcing his way through the crowds with two huge briefcases.

"Terribly sorry Your Majesty, its these commoners, no regard for proper decorum." said Shack as he trotted up.

Blueblood nodded primly. "Indeed, I doubt they would know it even if bit them."

Shack laughed good-naturedly at his masters witticism, he was not raised in a barn after all. Then he noticed the dust on Bluebloods jacket. "YOUR MAJESTY!" he gasped. "Did some of these ruffians abuse you!?"

Blueblood raised a hoof to his forehead, and struck a tragic pose. "I am afraid so. Fortunately, I managed to fend them off" Blueblood looked down at his jacket. "Though I fear that my tuxedo paid the ultimate price in my defense."

The butler gasped again and covered his mouth with his front hooves. "Lets hurry home to the manor so you can have a bath and a change of cloths!"

Blueblood shook his head. "No, I must endure, I still have a couple of errands to run before the day is through."

Shack felt tears brimming up in his eyes. "Your Majesty, truly you are an inspiration to us all!" Shack dried his tears with a hoofkerchief. "Am I right in assuming these errands have to do with operation daybreak?" he whipered.

"Yes you are"said Blueblood as they trotted out of the station and up along the road towards the more respectable streets of Canterlot.

The butler grimaced. "I still don't like this Your Majesty. You are putting yourself in so much danger...what could possibly be worth such a risk?"

Bluebloods horn glowed as he cast an anti-eavesdropping spell, a spell that every noble-pony made a point to learn. "I suppose it's time I told you." Blueblood paused for a moment to gather his thoughts. "I am assuming you know that the Blueblood-bloodline is more closely related with the princesses than any other bloodline." Blueblood smiled. "In fact, my direct ancestor was Celestias own brother!"

Shack nodded, the Blueblood heritage it was one of his masters favorite topics, especially when hosting guests or taking a bath.

Seeing his nod, Blueblood continued. "It was always understood that if Celestia should ever step down, a Blueblood would be there to assume the throne.” he said with a note of pride. “However, a few years ago, Twilight Sparkle managed to somehow wriggle herself into Celestias good graces." Blueblood shivered, the Twilight-bloodline had always been crafty and clever lot. "If that had been the end of it we could have lived with it, but when she used dark magic to turn herself into an alicorn...things changed."

Shacks eyes were open wide. "So that's how she did it!" he whispered.

Blueblood nodded. "But it gets worse, I believe that Twilight Sparkle has put some kind dark spell on Celestia and Luna, binding them to her will."

"NO!" Shack gasped.

"Yes" Blueblood replied solemnly. "The very first clue I had that something was amiss with the princess were back at the Gala last year, do you remember?"

Shack nodded quietly. "I remember, Your Majesty were torn up for weeks afterwards, me and the rest of the staff were all very worried."

Blueblood slumped a bit as he thought back. "There was this beautiful mare named Vanity” A fitting name now that he thought about it. Blueblood tightened his jaw. “Anyway she took advantage of my innocence and seduced me, gaining my trust.” Blueblood grimaced, before continuing “Then she proceeded to publicly humiliate me in front of all of Canterlot!"

Shack felt a flood of righteous indignation flow through him, That nasty wicked harlot! How dare she?!

Blueblood continued brokenly. “It was there on the floor, in my humiliation that I noticed Princess Celestia across the room, laughing at me under her breath.” Blueblood squeezed his eyes shut, trying to banish the memory of that horrible night.

Shacks felt tears in his eyes, no wonder he had spent weeks in his rooms, any other pony would probably have died after such an experience.

Blueblood picked up speed now that the most painful part was over with. “Anyway, it was in my rooms a few days later when it struck me, Celestia would never laugh at me, we are family.” Bluebloods face darkened with anger. “Which means that she was forced too... Once I assumed that, everything fell into place.” Blueblood looked up at the castle overhead. “Why is it only Twilight who is ever given the opportunity for glory? Why wont Celestia do anything herself anymore?” Blueblood narrowed his eyes at the castle. "I did have some doubts of course, however they were all laid to rest, when I saw the ridiculous outfits Twilight had forced the princesses to wear during her coronation, as some kind of sick joke." Blueblood face was a snarl as he turned to Shack. “Twilight Sparkle is systematically increasing her standing in the eyes of the people while slowly having Celestias crumble away.

Shack gulped nervously. “Your Majesty, this is horrible, if this continues she will be in a perfect position to take complete control... ” Shack blinked as he realized something. “Why didn't you inform the peer council of this?”

Blueblood reared back and slammed his forehooves on the ground. “Because, if Twilight Sparkle have some kind of mind control spell...whom can I trust?” Blueblood snorted angrily. "In any case, it is better to keep the circle as small as possible to avoid the secret leaking out!” Blueblood took a deep breath to calm himself. He was better than this, letting his emotions get the better of him, like some earth-pony! Blueblood shivered, there were something about malicious evils attacking his family, that he just couldn't stand. “Lets go Shacks, the evening is still young and there is much to do.”

Shacks trotted by his masters side in the fading light. If anyone can save Equestria, you can.


Author's Note:

Originally I interned this to be just some goofy fun story, but now I find myself getting more and more serious about it. So I might end up adding a "Dark" tag later on.

The next chapter will be Octavias point of view.